Pathfinder General, /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Dumb Plans edition

Has your party ever had a really stupid plan that ended up working out? Tell us about it!

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW

Avowed Playtest 1: drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Avowed Playtest 2: docs.google.com/document/d/1rV7kaF9JL2gw9xQalkEnlEDL9WXtbsaCqNABm_pLIgc/edit?usp=sharing

Spheres of Might previews:
Part 1: docs.google.com/document/d/1aLaYQEFAWU4zQBx58boJPPaySLgJc0Emmw9eKyIJeGI/
Part 2: docs.google.com/document/d/1pyLq03W2ju58PcKOUq5YXoFowf_weBNzuWtjCMdINXk/edit
Part 3: docs.google.com/document/d/1-LAt9Ti5pcnvHY4KnFRuItCjqtGM-YJC5r_0zXiKKUk/edit
PS: Outdated, playtest should be out next week but that's not a promise.

Bloodforge Infusions updated playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1GvwMclLSw15slYI7D5xLdjMzr-Nau92hNha9Sx0LOk4/edit#

Old Thread >

Other urls found in this thread:

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/71538/hells-rebels-literally-cant-even-edition
lomion.de/cmm/phirblas.php
discord.gg/mKVfn
app.roll20.net/users/251510/q-sirius
hastur.net/wiki/Dragon_Disciple_(Apath)
youtube.com/watch?v=NEgwxGWgiIg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Actual old thread:

It was a modified Kingmaker campaign.

Two huge armies were marching towards our capital city. We'd just finished kicking out the occupying force, and had spent most of our resources and favors just doing that. We didn't have the BP to fund an army except for some golems an NPC ally had and a couple of Leadership-based follower squads, one of which was cut down from trying to redirect the second army into the first, with limited success.

Our king, being a big dumb Str/Cha build, went off to challenge some orcs for leadership and managed to drag a horde back to help fight, while the team Bard went north to another land and tried to get an audience with one of our enemies.

She was rich, powerful, from an old family, and moreover related to both the leader of one of the invaders and the leader of the occupying force. We didn't have shit to offer her except what we'd just spent half the campaign taking away from her and her cousins.

Except, apparently, the king's hand in marriage. Having been already courting a local cleric, he made a face that could top off a One Piece arc when he found out.

>lets marry one of our rivals

He got backstabbed didn't he

Yes, we were helping a Dragon Overlord (who we eventually would've rebelled against) against his fellow Dragon Overlord from the south who was about to invade him, and we had one month of preparations time. The party being only martials, we did what we best could: Find stuff to kill and benefit from.
The DM telling us we couldn't just go find strong enemies to kill and level from, we made up a plan: We'd go to some camps and forts of the Dragon Overlord at the east, kill everyone there, and leave fake banners and symbols of the southern Dragon Overlord, so that the Dragon Overlord at the east would attack him to help us turn the tables.
It worked too well (not counting a couple brushes with death because taking a few cannonballs to the face still fucking hurts). The Eastern Dragon Overlord marched in with his armies to attack the Southern Dragon Overlord as he was sieging us (Including long-range artillery constructs that exploded on death). It happened that we knew that the Dragon Overlords weren't native from this plane, but had come from somewhere else, and it seems like their presence was what was destabilizing the material plane (the reason why magic was working with far less effectiveness and why we had to face an eldritch horror a few sessions back). Which meant that three in one place damaged the fragile balance that there was, causing eldritch horrors to pop up all over the place, our party barely escaping from the tendril monster-consumed city. (One of use almost died from bleed damage that inflicted CON drain.)

He spent another full year of IRL time expecting it, preparing for it, and...
No, never. She went behind his back a few times, but it turned out she was only looking for ways to eliminate rivals to him and their unborn child.

The kicker was that she was a Paladin the whole time and suddenly started carving up devils right when we thought the whole party was well and truly fucked.

Top waifu. What happened to the cleric he was courting?

>your enemy was a top tier waifu all along

lucky bastard

She remained his closest friend, but their relationship gradually turned from a crush to something more platonic. We joked occasionally that she kept the Queen company while he was out questing.

We all expected the GM to be running Cersei Lannister, but she turned out to be Saber. The GM eventually confessed that he'd planned for her to be a recurring antagonist and had been caught completely off guard when the bard made his offer.

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/71538/hells-rebels-literally-cant-even-edition

Is this game bamboozle?

I hate the idea of that campaign, but for the sake of the applicants, I should hope not.

I just wanna say, I love how 'bamboozle' seems to have entered the lexicon.

The game's probably real, the applicants, maybe not.

The DM is super active in /pfg/ discord, and is reviewing apps and shit when asked, so I doubt it.

What other word would you use?

The DM is a bit of a left ass cheek

Is that a compliment?

They're not a complete ass. A half ass. A left ass cheek. Not a good thing but it's one of those,"They can be a bit much but I suppose they're not that bad."

What race is she?

An ascended touhou.

Could she be something like this from 2e, maybe?

lomion.de/cmm/phirblas.php

Hope they aren't deleting anime cowboys as well

Show me a barbarian who can cast Divination, Dimension Door, heal other people and use restoration on them, can plane shift, and can still kill things higher than their own level without archtypes and then you can call barbarians a T3 class too.

My party, not so much. I'm sure everyone's heard of stories, though.

>party has to slay a dragon
>are exceptionally overfunded
>have plenty of time, dragon is just hibernating
>buy 5,000 goats for bulk discount
>lead the goats into the cave
>instead of rolling individual attack rolls, reason that an average of 1 in 20 goats will crit and deal a minimum 1 nonlethal damage
>statistically, the goats have to win eventually
>spend a week clearing goat corpses by the cartload out of the cave to get to the treasure

Two threads got deleted. That means the mods were doing it.
Very well then.

There's a /pfg/ Discord?

Yep, link is right here. discord.gg/mKVfn

Fuck it let's talk about something else
How many of you DMs out here let players customize their characters by letting them build their own classes that they have to clear with you?

Yay.

did everyone get banned

>check two /pfg/ games on r20
>pretty specific 'sheets go here' application threads
>all well and good for people who actually have experience with pathfinder

i've been in 2 games of pf, and am very unsure of my ability to do a sheet without SOME fuckup SOMEWHERE on my own. where the newfolk friendly dm's at? been wanting to give it a go but other games i play/have learned/run have been a bit easier to find learning-games for.

What?

Is that a thing? Wouldn't you end up with a bunch of unbalanced garbage, even if they're doing their best? Or are these games like, super hotfix heavy.

Well since players are using custom classes, obviously bosses and such will be using custom classes too.
It's more because I'm not really a fan of being locked into 'classes' in general, even with multiclassing in there. Obviously I don't just let them do whatever they want, but I feel like a party of heroes that save the world should, well, not really be just your normal Paladin "but stronger".

>I'm not really a fan of being locked into 'classes' in general
Then why would you be Pathfindering and not playing a classless system?

Well, considering my question, it's already a homebrew.

>tfw my players are higher powerlevel than I am so if I use a picture like this for my campaigns nine of of ten times they call me out on using the character's picture incorrectly
Suffering

I'm iffy about homebrew classes. Races, Traits, and feats? sure why not.

Unless what you're trying to do is COMPLETLY un-possible in 1pp or 3pp. Then talk with me about it.

Most of my players homebrew classes are really just vanilla classes with a feature or two swapped out to be some sort of hybrid, or just giving themselves a spell-like ability to be honest.

ahh, that's just working with your player, not really homebrewing.

I mean to be fair, actually homebrewing an entire class takes effort. I mean, yeah, you could probably homebrew oh i don't know a Lancer who starts with a horse, but..

app.roll20.net/users/251510/q-sirius

Send me a roll20 pm and I'll help you out. Discord/Skype on request in PM's.

A question, if anyone can help. Does anyone have a link or a description of the Spheres of Power build that broke the destruction sphere over its knee in terms of damage? The character was "he who is free of sin, and cast the first stone" or something like that. Alternatively, any tips for dealing silly amounts of damage with Spheres of Power?

Here's some character art for your trouble.

Is Draconic Bloodrager / Dragon Disciple viable?

I really just want to make a dragongirl and that's the closest I can get while being lore-friendly

Try the Dragon Disciple class from Purple duck

It's okay, but you'll need to spend some feats to get rage rounds back, most likely. The kids of BaB hurts, but the extra ALL DAY Str is nice.

>Type loss
>Autocorrect a to kids???

Phoneposting: Not even once

Jump into the deep end, user.

The first ever game I joined with randoms off pfg a year ago was a custom race level 5 gestalt with PoW (which was rare at the time but I guess nothing to blink at now).
It was my second attempt at full initiator and my first attempt at a psionic manifester.

I put the effort in and came out with a really nice character; I got some mechanics wrong but nothing major, and corrected them without issue as the campaign went on.

I H
H L

Is it in the trove? if so, which book?

Prestige archetypes by Purple Duck.

Though i got the class right here. Basically is Magus Archetype
hastur.net/wiki/Dragon_Disciple_(Apath)

Most likely it's a crossblooded sorcerer with blood havoc for one level, followed by levels in Elementalist.

Thanks user.

Huh.

Darkness has a real good effect going on with her hair. The way her coloring and hairstyle is, it makes her look like she's got some divine fire-hair or something.

>Eldritch scoundrel loses Uncanny Dodge/IUD
>Doesn't actually trade it for anything though, just loses it for no real reason

Why tho

Just make that dragon girl EXTRA THICK

The reason you can't pick and choose parts of archetypes to take is because archetype features are absolutely not always 1:1 trades for what they replace. The balance of the archetype has to be evaluated as a whole rather than on any one trade.

Eldritch Scoundrel isn't that good though yeah

I... Know? I never pretended mix and match of archetype parts was a thing even though some archetypes keep some shit hostage behind shit fluff abilities so I don't know what you're trying to tell me. Other than just "no, there isn't really one, it's just gimped because rogue is always gimped".

Can I use Profession (Log Cabin Building) to direct a group of Halflings to build a log cabin, even if they don't have Craft (Log Cabin)?

youtube.com/watch?v=NEgwxGWgiIg

Scarlet Throne Style

>As long as you only attack with a single weapon wielded in one hand during a round, you treat that weapon as if you were wielding it in two hands for the purposes of feats and abilities that would benefit from this change. This does not increase your Strength bonus to damage with the weapon.
>Unlike normal style feats, this style feat can be used with any weapon, and isn’t limited to unarmed strikes.

Does this mean I can one-hand a greatsword?

No, it still has to be a one-handed weapon, dingus

You need to be able to attack with it in one hand, which you can't.

Sorry! I asked last thread when I was going to bed but woke to find it dead!

>Making character for Celestial Tournament
>Really hyped about this character, has what I think is a cool backstory and motivation for joining the tournament
>Check the saves n' stuff of his competitors
>Lokhar has +8 +14 +11
>My saves are +6+5 +5

HOW
O
W

You need Stupendous Strength to 1-hand a greatsword.
And if you want to 1-hand a large greatsword, get powerful build on top of that.

>Being invested in a character
>For a PVP game

H O W
O
W

Hax. Picking mix-maxer traits, class features and feats. Itams.

The feat in question, for anyone that cares.

It's a POPULARITY CONTEST.

FOR GODHOOD.

How do you explain being part-dragon in a setting where literally everyone knows that dragons are at best beasts and at worst working to end humanity

Hard Mode : Still have to be able to walk into town without being lynched

"My dad wanted to fug a dragon. Like, really fug a dragon."

>blaming the kid
He didn't ask to be born a half-dragon you shitlicker.

>How do you explain being part-dragon in a setting where literally everyone knows that dragons are at best beasts and at worst working to end humanity

Mom got cocksleeved by a dragon she was hunting, the abomination she gave birth to was given the best treatment something that monstrous could get - mild neglect.

>Hard Mode : Still have to be able to walk into town without being lynched

Due to said neglect, the character has despised their draconic heritage, filing down their horns and maybe even trying to crop their tail with rings and tight-binding ribbons. Anything to remove the obvious signs of what happened to dear ole mom.

I've got art of this, if you want it.

Sure, since there's no set power level in the system, but wholly dependant on your group, a normal player should be able to create something custom which fits in with the rest.
Since he has to show it to me first, I can also compare to the others. I could even imagine doing it level by level.

>sacred tattoo
>without fates favored
>minmaxing

>Mom got cocksleeved by a dragon she was hunting, the abomination she gave birth to was given the best treatment something that monstrous could get - mild neglect.
It's that /d/ comic isn't it
Don't post it
It makes me sad

Character's a lamia

Depends on your group. If you play rather optimized stuff, you might want to ask your GM for at least 1/2 progression in your Bloodrager features from Dragon Disciple levels

>spoiler
Take it to /d/.

Yeah, it's that one.

The sad one.

Man... I really want to two-weapon fight with Greatswords now despite how bad of an idea that is.

Isn't there a sequel

Gib

Since it's your job, you should be able to instruct them. If your GM says no, just ask him how apprenticeship then works, because that's what you're doing.

Point is, I'm a sitting duck with my optimization! I won't stand a chance even though I want this character to become something great!

>6/5/5
>at level 7
>when you should have at least a +5 to your good save
So do you have 12 con, 10 dex, or 10 wis?

Is there any class that lets me do short range (like 15') teleportation with each of my attacks?

Any class that gets access to Veiled Moon discipline?

Go read the rules again. It's a vote. It's a popularity contest. You can win without ever winning a match.

No.

I can't find it!

Saurian Shaman or Goliath Druid, /pfg/? Also, how often do you use dinosaurs in your games?

>No.
I thought /d/ drew a sequel
she deserves a happy end ;_;

Please post it I want to see it

I'm a Warlord, my Good save is Fortitude but I pumped Dexterity and Wisdom.

5-2-2 base is modified with +1 +3 +3

Not much to show.

Tough blonde warrior-woman faces down an elephant-sized dragon, gets defeated and mounted like an over-tight breeding sow, gives birth to a half-dragon baby that causes the woman's husband to leave in shame and disgust.

She goes insane, tries to kill the kid, then realizes the kid's all she has left in the world. Cue 10 years later, where the half-dragon daughter is tearfully leaving the mom's grave and out to adventure.

>warlord
>pumped wisdom
Oh, so you're just a dumbie.

F ;_;

Well yes but do you have a /link/ to it?