Warhammer 40,000 General

>Daily Preaching
youtu.be/Wcn3fdUEYxI
>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android.
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!z4wmmJyR!jTfwLczhdFjV0q6nowtGag!qgZhmAhK

>40k rules reference in wiki format.
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Latest GW teases
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW FAQs.
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>List organizer picture book
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Offline list builder
battlescribe.net/

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index
Please GW make Tyranids able to be played against good armies.

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/12526982/
youtube.com/watch?v=iUuvHPr4BGk[/youtube]
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

First for the mechanicus and the Omnisiah

strawpoll.me/12526982/

Reminder to keep voting!

How does Coteaz give ObSec to the army?

Nids are shit.

read his rules

Why is it so annoying to put together an IG list, there are just too many options.

>Made about 8 IG lists so far
>Pleased with none of them.

what does this even mean, I'm not emotionally invested in any army that anyone brings and more than I'm emotionally invested in black or white in chess.

If you don't care, there's an option just for you!

What's your thoughts on running 30k AoD lists against 40k codexes? is there balance?

Against which codices?

>playing IG when the manly stormtrooper codex exists

I'll have to disagree on some points.

>dread
>Fine, just needs to cover squads and be annoying. Not all dreads need Pods, just sme mainline defense.
I only proxed them at a lower point limit using my Dark Angels but alpha strike is important for DW so I feel the drop pod is important there, both to deliver the dread and a homing beacon for other deep striking squads.

>10 Rhino Vets
>I use Rhinos are quick getaways or squad assistance. DW seems good at running around or just using vehicles to adjust themselves lightly.
Driving around is ok for normal tacticals, give them one special weapon and go from objective to objective to sit on it and grab it. Same does not apply to a squad costing 275 points with a 3+. You need to get in the enemy face right away and deal damage. He has like 30 models at 2000 points, they're going to die fast if he doesn't cripple the enemy at the beginning.

>Corvus
>I'm thinking the same thing. Versatile gunboat that drops the squad and Captain to blow apart units and then charge in for cleanup.
>blow apart
>charge
The only models in that squad that can fire and charge are the Captain and the heavy weapons guys. And the only ones that can actually put up a fight in CC are the Captain and the Black Shield. The team costs 375 plus the cost of the Captain and the cost of the Corvus and it doesn't know what it wants to do. Also, I forgot to mention it before but since the Blackstar is not his dedicated transport the Captain can't start in it.

>Captain and Squad
>These seems well rounded and meant to hammer infantry. Could use the vehicles to assist their staying power, but seem ok on their own.
Overpriced is what he is. Too many expensive toys. If he wants to fight MEQ give him a shield and a hammer or Thief of Secrets, perhaps an auspex as well.

Which manly stormtrooper codex? Unless it involves burying my opponent in bodies and bombshells, it is irrelevant.

"no" and "I don't care" overlap.

People who don't give aren't emotionally invested in the faction of their opponent, regardless of what it is could equally answer with either, which is going to skew your result.

Could you please tell me what the point of this poll is?

The question leads me to believe that you are some sort of autistic faggot, but I really don't want that to be the truth.

>trying to do a Chaos combined arms list utilizing FW vehicles, Renegades and Heretics, Chaos Knights and World Eaters
>gone through about 6 different iterations trying to decide between fast foot slogging marine MSUs or large squads in FW transports and/or ablative renegade infantry

Can you have a Chapter Master with Cataphractii Armour?

The Angels of Death supplement's Terminator Captain entry doesn't include the option to promote

I just want to see if the majority of people vote yes, so far they haven't but I'd like to get as large a pool as possible. A couple of threads ago there were a bunch of spergs going back and forth about whether they found tyranids an interesting opponent in the fluff. Figured I'd get some numbers.

Just ignore the argument and Carnac loses. Simple, really.

this is actually one of the wonders of guard - the list building is great.

Currently I run chimera vets, autocannon pask with MM+LC and the emperor's wrath artillery formation.

Stop being a bitch.

I voted, and I have to say yes, I think Tyranids are a interesting adversary in the 40k lore.

Blood raven codex supplement when?

technically no

Wow, you're comment was so insightful, I finally drafted a good list!!!

its a general question around the fundamental mechanics of the game, not so much where it sits in the 'Eldar-cron top, Ork-nid bottom' power tiers. So any/all 40k codexes.

>Can use Relics from any other Space Marine chapter

The way you phrased your question doesn't reflect what you actually intend to find out.

Because you used the word "opponent" it implies you're talking about participation in a contest, and 40k is a game, so it appears that you're asking if people are emotionally invested in a particular random army they are playing against.

Regardless of what army you specify the answer is going to be "no" or "what the fuck are you even talking about" for most people.

>psykers
disgusting

list seems solid, only small thing is you seem to have ignored any str7 for marines, personally I'd change the cannons to autocannons and maybe drop the veteran squad for a 50 man blob of conscripts for the priest and add in a ordo malleus inquisitor for fearless.

Making my first miniature army, thoughts?

Warlord: Lias Issadon

Raptors
Combined Arms Detachment (915 pts)
Lias Issodon
Saint Celestine
4x Scout Squads | Camo Cloaks
2x Deredeo Dreadnoughts | Aiolos Missile Launcher

Deathwatch
3x Aquila Kill Teams (570 pts)
Watch Sergeant | Chainsword | Infernus Heavy Bolter
Veteran | Chainsword | Deathwatch Frag Cannon
3x Veterans | Boltgun | Deathwatch Shotgun
Vanguard Veteran | Bolt Pistol | Storm Shield

Strat is to combine Celestine with a Kill-Team and infiltrate everything but the Dreads.. Bad idea?

GW has unusually good customer service.

I bought a tervigon, it was missing the base, I called up GW and asked for a replacement and they sent one no questions asked.

What about bound psykers that are shameful of their condition and wish to die in glorious battle to repent from their sins?

They will get blammed in time, worry not brother.

Well that indentation didn't really work

It's just a silly strawpoll user, it's not scientific or anything.

If they really cared about the imperial creed they'd have killed themselves already.

how the fuck am i suppose to beat robot gorrilaman as sisters?

accept the D, submit to your spiritual liege

Sucki sucki?

Just kill everything around him.

39 BS4 melta shots

Wasting useful resources is heresy.

Tank shock?

Suffering the witch to live is explictly heresy.

Ok so let me say it differently then. Choice is not a problem, it is a benefit. If you can't decide what to bring buy 50-100 points of silly shit like rough riders.

>my an is to put the fast unkillable angel inside a unit of slow moving expensive meat shields

Should I give Chaos Dreadnoughts reaper autocannons or plasma cannons?

>Chaos Dreadnought
sorry, I don't know what that is, did you mean a Hellbrute?

Whatever you want, you are taking chaos dreads already.

As a sisters player, just ignore him. He can only move 6" a turn. Just bait him around with your immolators/seraphim. If you think you're going to be charged, set up a conga-line to get as few models in B2B as possible, ride out damage, and HnR away.

>Hellbrute
sorry, I don't know what that is, did you mean a Helbrute?

yes

>>Hellbrute
>sorry, I don't know what that is, did you mean a Maulerfiend?

Thats the normal plan, but hes with blob guard so i can't even get close.

That's actually a pretty good idea. Just gotta pray for those shield of faith saves

Witch not sanctioned psyker.

Fucking Puritan and Radical Inquisitors stop ruining the Imperium!

Isn't a forgefiend with ectoplasma cannons worse?

They literally kill themselves with gets hot.

At 1500 points or less, AoD armies suffer. At 1850 or higher, they can start bringing out all their stupid toys like Phosphex Quad-Mortars/Medusa squadrons/Leviathans and become significantly bette than most 40k armies. This only increases as they get higher and higher in points, since 30k armies are designed for around 2500-3000 point games.

This isn't necessarily accurate applied to armies like Eldar/Summoning Spam Daemons/Tau of course, who are still the gold standard.

Why do people say Rob only moves 6"? His shooting attack is okay but nothing ground-breaking, so unless he wants to charge he'll always be running. That's at least 7", and probably more since he has Fleet. That, and anyone who actually thinks it's fair to run Rob anyway will take him with a Libby Conclave to make him fly around with various powers.

All psykers are witches. You're being SOOO heretical right now!

Next you'll be telling me mutants are totally cool.

Ignore it or just do what sisters do best.

Melta spam the fucker to death.

Remember he can't kill 9 Immolators and 3 Exorcist with his slow butt of 6"

>falling for the distraction carnifex meme
just send celestine on him and they can both be useless distraction characters

I double dare you heretic to say Psykers are shit to the Emperor or Coteaz.

Stop being a retard and throw those psykers into the battlefield.

At worst the commissar kills them at best they kill the enemies of the imperium.

It is a win win situation.

>calling the Emperor, Malcador the Hero and Sanguinus witches
Sounds like heresy to me

The Emperor was at the absolute forefront of psyker hating.

>S6 AP2 Assault 3 Rending at BS6
>is okay
>okay
>just ok

>Thinking proper Imperial psykers and Witches are the same
>Being this heretical

Going to kill the Emperor because he is a psyker too.

>At worst daemons enter reality through their brain and kill everyone ruining the entire operation
ftfy

One of them must be better than the other.

Well, gonna Infiltrate the entire unit so not that slow then and the 'fast unkillable angel' would be the shield keeping them Vets alive

I assume that's a bad plan then tho

at least 40k and AoS are "your dudes" games and not herohammer warcraft shit

and nids are still fucking shit

Maybe if it was strength 8 so it could actually wound monsters and instant death T4 models it would be good.

you just said a lot of buzzwords but the sentence didn't really make sense

Are there any groups like the Death Korps outside of the Warhammer 40k universe?

Or even any groups that just copy their aesthetic in the future?

On a unit that cots more than a wraithknight.

>Implaying a Glorius Comissar wouldn't prevent that from happening.
>Implying a proper Imperial psyker wouldn't use his/her mercy blade and end it right there.

Good god is like you started playing on 7th or something.

To be fair that was to shit on Magnus, the fucking nerd.

>it's a BS6 starcannon
>for 350 points
it's a good gun, but for those points you can do much better

350 can basically get you three vindicators, for example.

CHAOS

CONSUME US

It's a BS6 A3 starcannon, on an unkillable platform that buffs everything around it in a tonne of ways.

Well I do like them felinids!

And yet, we're talking about Girllyman. You're also not paying 350pts for a BS6 RENDING Star Cannon, you're also paying for the almost literally unkillable model behind it with the6 S10 AP1 melee attacks with D rending at I6 and also buffs the entire army while also having a rerollable deny the witch with adamantium will.

Since I failed at copy/paste and did a point miscalcuation

Point being the gun is ancillary. It's not what someone's buying him for, nor is it what you're going to be worried about in-game.

Like them in what aspect ? Aesthetics ? Being Death worlders ? Favored type of warfare ? what ?

Do we have any idea of what felinids actually look like officially? Has there been any official artwork of them?

You are aware that Celestine can't infiltrate with the vets because she doesn't have infiltrate, yes? Infiltrate doesn't work like scout, which only requires a single model to have the rule.

Mainly two things, their uniforms and masks, and their martyrdom culture.

>their uniforms and mask

Watch Jin-Roh, great movie.

I beg to differ

Master of Ambush: Your Warlord and three non-vehicle units of your choice have the Infiltrate special rule.

Infiltrate: Units that contain at least one model with this special rule are deployed last, after all other units (friend and foe) have been deployed.

Dude, master of ambush, lmao.

r8 this list please

>Infiltrate: Units that contain at least one model with this special rule are deployed last, after all other units (friend and foe) have been deployed.
Didn't that get FAQ'd to mean the opposite of what the rulebook actually says?

Lel Emperor tried to rid the world of Navigators and Psykers all his life.
He hates anything attached to the warp.

The problem with autocannons is their low ap. Nearly everything you shoot them at will get a save. If you got the psykana to twin link the launchers and the company command squad to give them monster hunter or ignore cover, then why not grab missile launchers or lascannons and eliminate enemy saves entirely?

[youtube]youtube.com/watch?v=iUuvHPr4BGk[/youtube]

>Demi-Company without devastator squad. Free transports without 2nd demi company.
2/10 if bait, 0/10 if you're too retarded to read your codex.

Autocannons arent for shooting at things that get a save. you shoot them at transports and rip off all their hull points