Need to apologise to a machine spirit wat do

I fucked up and nearly wrecked the WWII vet of our workshop, a 12ton Kearns horizontal boring machine. By accident, I went all the way up to the limit of the machine and didn't stop in time. Now it will not properly traverse along that axis anymore (up down axis if you need to know) until it's fixed.

I feel really, really sorry, like I accidentally tripped up and broke the hip of a wizened old man who was always helpfull and told great stories. How do I make amends to the omnissiah? Pic related, me and the machine in happier times.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horizontal_boring_machine
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Perform the required maintenance rituals and apply sacred machine oil. Clean any grime off and inscribe the sigil of the Mechanicus on the machine. Light incense to please the spirit.

We already used His Blessed Deliverance in Liquid Form, aka WD40, and it didn't help. The central shaft with screwthread on it is jammed stuck inside it's housing, that is the core problem. It won't come out and the maintenance rituals are sadly lost to this particular temple. All we have are the basic daily service rites (operators manual).

What kind of incense would work best?

Find traverse mechanism for that axis, check alignment. That's usually the issue.
Also, tell your local techpriest. Check internet and shop storage for manuals.

When it's fixed, clean all the grime and dirt off. And I mean **all** of it. Make sure every single moving part is properly oiled. Replace worn out parts. Apply a new paint coat.

Done and done already. The damage is inside the powerhead itself, but we can't access it properly to see wasdamatta. The operators manual was literally found yesterday after an intense scouring of the most holy machine spirit google.

>makes sign of the cog in deference

The local magos is needless to say pissed at me.

You fucked up OP, I'm branding you a heretek and alerting the forge world to your treachery. Have fun getting turned into a servitor.

Then you must perform surgery. Disassemble the machine as necessary. I pray that this machine is not one you would find crucial in its own reassembly.

I suspect you've forced the peaks on the thread against each other so they've jammed up tighter than a Departmento Munitorum storeroom when you don't have the correct paperwork. You've already used sacred unguent and the machine spirit refuses to release the shaft. My advice would be to either apply a technical knock (read BIG hammer) to jolt the part. Or if you wish to offend the machine spirit no more than you have already. Attempt to apply a cooling balm to the offended component in the hopes that it will release it's grip. (seriously crazy as it sounds but hosing the shaft as close to housing as possible with a CO2 extinguisher could cool it enough to give you a bit of movement that brute force can use to extract it though for the love of god wear gloves if you're going to grab it.)

I already got yelled at by my own magos for the fuckup, but yes I am aware what happens to those who cannot follow the path the omnissiah has laid out for them.

That... could actually work, we haven't tried it yet. Are there any prayers that need to be sung while doing so?

check first on the manual to be sure that its not at the travel limit be compression, but by over-extension.

compression, cooling could cause contraction which would risk cracking threads or castings.

in which case, gentle warming to cause expansion would be more appropriate to allow extra play.

The spirit may be agitated too much by your unskilled touch. If you don't resolve this problem quickly, you should contact the inner sanctum, where the most proficient of us resides.

By the Omnissiah, that is a beastly piece of machinery. For what purpose is it used?

Veeky Forums - we don't even need the other boards any more

You must soothe the angered machine spirit with blessed incense and litanies of repair.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horizontal_boring_machine

dun worry
kick a grot or two. Relieves ye of frustration, it does

then take a spanna an clobber it. Dat usually helps. Stupid humie fingies always break, but make fer great lootin anyway.

Man is that an ancient machine. Hope she gets better.

Show us the wounds careless one?

That machine isn't the only thing boring about this thread.

Mostly to bore out stuff our more modern machines cannot handle. The opening pic is where I am drilling holes into a welded fork mount for a telescope.
Best board, I do agree.
Oh great a xeno, where's my flamer?
This thing is a he. I swear to the Omnissiah it works better when you compliment it with 'good boy'.
We cannot find faults on the exterior and the machine spirit refuses to let us see inside.

The machine spirit seems to be angry as fuck.

OP, commend your soul to the Omnissiah, you dun goofed.

I think I know this one. Bless the sacred oils with the words "Blessed machine, an offering to ease your ails, delivered by unworthy flesh. Hail Deus Machina.". Then refill the reservoir of lubricant and perform the rites of activation. Sadly I only know the general "Initiating activation sequence, aktiva cons sequentia. Librius machina auroris dei. Contact established with machine spirit of “[type]” [object], designate [designation]. Praise to the Machine God."

For any guardsmen reading this: Yes you may use this for a Leman Russ as well, it is just the expanded version of the shorter start rite you should already know, but be warned THIS IS NOT A REPLACEMENT FOR THE WHOLE RITUAL. It's an expanded preperatory service to appease the spirit.

Arbites pls go and stay go.

I have a few spare hours ahead. Techpriest AMA thread go.

Dangit,op, we can't let these old beauties die!
As other anons have said, differential heating and cooling of parts could help, I have gotten (smaller) machines unstuck by blasting the threaded shafts with lube/sea foam shit, there are some that are specifically designed to provide rapid cooling, and heating the body of the machine with a low temp map gas torch. And then applying a blunt object.
I'm gonna assume this thing, being 12 tons, isn't a nanny pushover that won't be able to take a couple taps....
Super sorry to hear, I love these old beasts. The oldest planer in my wood shop is the best piece of equipment we have. The oldest saws stay sharp the longest.

Fuck forgot name.