/hhg/ aka Horus Heresy General

Rolled 9 (1d26)

Black Praetorian Custodian edition
Ryan Conrad subedition

Blood Angel diorama, Orks, old classic, manlet Russ, robots are walkers, CSM HH, you people are hopeless >THIS THING
mediafire.com/file/de3l5i29kn69n73/The_Horus_Heresy_Book_7_-_Inferno.pdf
mega.nz/#!OFklhA4K!GiwY4FA3rSFJN_9_LACZIRk2yGf_DdhIK7AY8t4PhQk

>HHG
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf

>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp

>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyC

>Updated rulebooks
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html

>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764
>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318

>Make your unit entries, use Celestia Antiqua Std and Garamond
mediafire.com/file/q315zmyjntb4j04/LA Exploitable v1.pdf

>HHG Discord
discordapp.com/invite/wYS2J6b

Other urls found in this thread:

games-workshop.com/en-GB/Shattered-Dominion-40mm-65mm-Round-Bases
m.youtube.com/watch?v=YgHNtzxO0y8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Reposting because I posted right at the end of a thread...

Having just bought both Contemptstodes, what else should I add for a 2000 point list that is good enough to compensate for the tiny numbers, but not so good it's utter cheese?

I mean, they're expensive models, so I don't really want to just grab whatever and end up with crap.

Second for Thousand Sons :^)

Wow, can't even get that right

Also, DRTTF

I think that if you want to win objectives then Jetbikes would be great at denying your opponent's objective at the last minute, otherwise you're just begging to lose anything thats not kill points.

Third for Nicht Lards. Knick, knick, knick hale thee lard uv thay nicht!

Hey guys, looking to get in HH,would the demi-company box be a good pick to start?
Also, would you mind if I used the 40k daemon magnus instead of the 30k one that's coming out?

What does each wax seal on OP picture stand for?
Ignore him, you idiots.

:^)

>Would you mind if I used a model about 4 or 5 times taller than it should be on a much larger base

Pick up BoP and BaC, it'll give you 60 legionnaires to split how you like, plus some termites and HQ guys.

What legion you thinkin? That can help guide what to get

I used the tripfags tripcode. am I cool now?

How many hunter killer missles should I equip on a land speeder squadron with multi meltas?

Should I take any secondary weapons like havoc launchers on them?

Things like this still get made? I didn't know it was 2009.

How often is Indomitus armour actually used in this era?

Imperial Fists prefer Indomitus, I take that as the majority of their Terminator stock is in Indomitus. The rest of the legions is up in the air.

less than tartaros and there's less than 1000 suits of tartaros, so not much at all.

Is there a "Mark 5" for Terminator armour?

Y'know, scavenged mix and match mess.

It's the newest armor. I think Iron Hands Gorgon armor are indomitus prototypes.

Also, the imperial fists from what I understand, being the void combat lovers and therefore terminator lovers they are, really dig the indomitus.

I don't think TA has that kind of mix and match capabilities. You basically can't half ass a TA

It was the most common type of terminator armour, which is the reason why it is the only type still in use in 40k.

But people only use cataphractii/tartaros in games, so now people think that Indomitus didn't excist before/during the heresy.

Source

games-workshop.com/en-GB/Shattered-Dominion-40mm-65mm-Round-Bases

Would this be a good basing set for Custodes?

Not really no, unless you are going to play Siege of Terra Imperial Fists, and then the box wouldn't fit a decently equipped army
You are better off buying either HH box set and working from there- they are better deals and a much more covered topic here.

Or find a list for a legion you like, and build that using eBay for the models at a great discount.
You will save money that way.

Gorgon terminator armour was a development of Indomitus, not the other way around. Hint : Ferrus never got to finish the development of Gorgon armour.

Does this look fun?

Emperor's Children, Maru skara

>HQ
Praetor with paragon blade, 4++ - 165

Champion with power spear, bike, combat shield & AA - 145

>Troops
10 Tacs, power spear, AA, meltabombs - 155
Rhino - 35

10 Tacs, power spear, AA, meltabombs - 155
Rhino - 35

10 Tacs, power axe, AA, meltabombs - 150

>Elites
2 Apothecarys, 1 AA, 1 bike, 2 power swords - 140

Boxnaught with flamestorm cannon & grav gun - 155

Boxnaught with flamestorm cannon & grav gun - 155

10 Palatine blades, 2 with power spears, meltabombs - 260

>Fast attack
3 Outriders, power sword, sergeant with power lance and meltabombs - 135

Storm eagle with lascannons and multimelta - 265

>Heavy support
2 Predator executioners - 260

Whirlwind scorpius - 115

Sicaran venator - 190

>Total - 2500

Storm eagle (carrying praetor, apothecary and palatine blades) and both boxnaughts outflank turn 2 (using the ROW to get around the risk of having one's transport flier come in late). The sicaran venator tries to ping a deredeo or mortis dred turn 1 to keep the storm eagle safe. Everything else should be fairly obvious.

How far does this sub-community tend to take the whole "Historical reenactment" thing?

Do you twitch a bit if your opponent has the wrong armour marks for his legion in the time period of your game?

Ah that explains it.

So yeah, id love to see some archaic looking but unmistakably indomitus pattern terminator armor in 30k.

>tfw you thought you were being too obvious
Good to know I can always source some (You)s here.

The 30k players I know are a bit snobby about it, so they'll make a remark or two but I haven't really seen it stop someone from enjoying a pickup game. Now regarding a campaign or something serious with a wager behind i,t, I doubt they would partake against someone fielding proxies.

If it is just to fill in some gaps or playtest something before purchase, not really.

If it is because can't be arsed and just repainted my 40k marines, then yes.

It was the exact opposite, user.
Indomitus came later, but was in storage, whereas cataphractii was in use and commonly lost in battle.

>Imperial Fists prefer Indomitus
Considering the only penalty Cataphractii have when compared to Indomitus (lack of overwatch) disappears when you swap their combi-bolters for Storm shields, while also getting said shields cheaper than the vanilla version, why would the Fists like Indomitus over Cataphractii?
Isn't Archamus wearing Cataphractii?

For Thousand Sons its probably best to buy BaC and ignore BoP. Sekhmets in cataphractii armour are really powerful, though for tartaros you get sweeping advance for no penalty which some people prefer. You might want to pick up an ahriman and BoP tranfer sheet but they are all over ebay and possibly some 40k scarab occult force swords.

As for Magnus, it's probably fine but players aren't unreasonable to refuse, especially since the bases won't match.

So, on the subject of indomitus.

I have no end of Cataphractii. I've got 10 BaC ones with upgrades from FW for my Lernaeans. Thing is, I like Indomitus. I like the optics and comms gear around the big collar, and I like the bulldog helmet. Yet they do lack a certain something that's part of 30k's aesthetic. What can solve that? I have intermediate polymer sculpting and plasticard skills.

Making a second set of pauldrons with pteruges similar to Cataphractii? Adding pteruges on belt? Back-mounted vexilia? Unification/Great Crusade raptor heads/lightning bolt icons painted on gauntlets?

What would satisfy you, more autistically inclined anons? What would seem fun, creative anons?

see It also helps if you follow this graph for general armor marks, it keeps the autism down.
>Not posting the blue one
This is for the /really/ serious armorfags. The 'every model has a backstory and their armor is part of their personality' fags
me

>Ferrus never got to finish the development of Gorgon armour.
Nah. They were shit back when he still lived. Objective complete :^)

I think it has more to do with the lore. Relatively high availability, and the fists penchant for void combat would certainly be a good reason.

>Hang on, the Serrated Sun only had 7 Mark IV suits in 345M30
>You clearly have 8
>Hang your monocle in shame

>Isn't Archamus wearing Cataphractii?

No, he's wearing artificer armor and the Huscarls wear Indomitus or artificer/power armor.

>why would the Fists like Indomitus over Cataphractii?

Because thats in their lore, no other reason, maybe its because its not as slow as Cataphractii and it is easier to manufacture than Tartaros so replacing the losses they may sustain is easier.

>Fields entire Luna Wolves army in Mark I armour
>Comverts Horus to be wearing Mark I

Give them all big floppy dicks hanging from their crotches. And six tits. And Speaker boxes in their asses.

I want to start 30k. But i hesitate between DA, BA, IF and RG. Is it possible to get general feedback on each of them ?

Hey, remember when /hhg/ homebrew'd out Dreadwing?

Stormwing Protocol
Effects
Breacher Siege Squads and Legion Tactical Support Squads must buy Jump Packs (thus turning them into Jump Infantry) at +5 points per model.
Any Jump Infantry that chooses to deepstrike may do so from turn one and when they deepstrike will only scatter 1d6"
A single Fire Raptor Gunship may be taken as a non-compulsory Troops choice
Restrictions
No Infantry (other than Jump Infantry) may be taken

I USED TO TRUST THE EMPEROR
TO TELL ME THE TRUTH, TELL US THE TRUTH
BUT NOW I'VE SEEN THE TRUE GODS
EVERYWHERE I LOOK
WHO DO YOU TRUST WHEN EVERYONE'S A CROOK?

I USED TO THINK
THAT ONLY IMPERIUM'S WAY, WAY WAS RIGHT
BUT NOW THE HOLY TERRA RULES EVERYBODY'S LIVES
GOTTA MAKE A MILLION DOESN'T MATTER WHO DIES

REVOLUTION CALLING
REVOLUTION CALLING
REVOLUTION CALLING YOU
THERE'S A REVOLUTION CALLING
REVOLUTION CALLING
GOTTA MAKE A CHANGE
GOTTA PUSH, GOTTA PUSH IT ON THROUGH

Its better if you tell us what kind of army you want.

Just as terrible as the dreadwing homebrew. Pls stop.

That is going on my wishlist for 'armies I want to play against'

You're fuckin' drunk, Lahey, fuck off.

I'VE GIVEN MY LIFE TO BECOME WHAT I AM
TO PREACH THE NEW BEGINNING
TO MAKE YOU UNDERSTAND
TO REACH SOME POINT OF ORDER
UTOPIA IN MIND, YOU'VE GOT TO LEARN
TO SACRIFICE, TO LEAVE WHAT'S NOW BEHIND

SPEAK TO ME THE PAIN YOU FEEL
SPEAK THE WORD
THE WORD IS ALL OF US
SPEAK THE WORD
THE WORD IS ALL OF US

DA: Swordy, best gear, best RoWs.
BA: Choppy, OP sword, above average RoW.
IF: Shooty, gear is good but Termie only, bad RoWs, very strong characters.
RG: sneaky cheeky beakys, can be cheaper because of said beakies.
What's wrong with it?

Ok, so i already play 40k DA (I'm a fanboy).
I like aggresive armies with good long range firepower.
I already got 1 BaC and on BoP. And plan to ad 1 more Bac and 2 more BoP in my collection.

Dark angels: powerful if used right, startlingly good in assault when combined with their access to rad and/or stasis weapons. They're like less resistant to shooting iron hands that are good in assault with iron wing protocols or a very fast shooting army with their raven wing protocols.

I really dig them as they are. I can't wait for the rules for the other "wings".

m.youtube.com/watch?v=YgHNtzxO0y8

By Imperial Decree, watch the video. I will commit sodoku for violating DNR, but it must be said

>Relatively high availability, and the fists penchant for void combat would certainly be a good reason.
Cataphractii and Indomitus were invented about the same time and both by Ferrus the based one, and it's not like Cataphractii is useless in the void or boarding actions, where it's superior shielding systems would give it and advantage over indomitus.
Hell, in fact Cataphractii would be faster than Indomitus in the void or when fighting on a spacecraft's hull since its overtaxed servos wouldn'tbe encumbered by the armour's weigh, only by its inertia, the same that better prevents it from being blasted away by explosives (an actual hull-fighting rule), as well as having a better maglock and shield systems due to having dedicated generators for both rather than the shared one in Indomitus.
That is, if FW followed logic, of course

you could add topknots or crests to the backs of them,

I for one flip the table if my opponent dares to use Thunder Armor in any legion other than the First.

DA currently have flavorful rules but are hamstrung by their legion astartes limitation which penalizes them heavily on victory points

Its a reasonable assumption that Astartes pulled Cataphractii out of the legion armories for these expressed reasons and more, and that as a result Cataphractii armors were almost completely lost by the end of the Siege of Terra and all that remained were the Indomitus types which nobody really wanted to use in the beginning.

Death Guard

Jump breachers are utterly retarded as a concept. Jump meltagun/plasmagun teams aren't something to just throw into the game cheaply - look at the premium outriders pay for manoeuvrability + special weapons.

But you're not going to take any feedback on board, just keep posting the exact same thing for the next 5-6 threads like you did the dreadwing one, so what the fuck.

Clockwise from top-right:

>Ad Mech
>Imperial Army (?)
>Imperial Navy (?)
>Imperial Seal
>Sisters of Silence
>Administratum
>Adeptus Astartes

True. I suppose resources dwindled and the costly Cataphractii was lost and forgotten, never to be remembered. Fists simply used what was available.
I cri evrytiem

I think indomitus was supposed to be more available, less maintenance heavy, and therefore desireable. It's not about what's outright better for void combat. Cataphractii is certainly better. It's about systems.

Soldiers worry about fighting, ncos worry about tactics, junior officers worry about strategy, and senior officers worry about their systems. brutal campaigns where resources are used to the brink of or beyond their service lives will see the indomitus win.

Loyalty is its own reward, traitor.

GW obviously doesn't, in BoP tartaros (advanced armour and new combi bolters) is put with mark III (old pattern armour and old phobos bolters) whilst in BaC cataphractii armour (old with old bolters) is put with mark IV (new with new bolters). It's an autists nightmare.

Agreed.

Mortarion must be drunk already, from having the Cups with you so often. Well done, productive DGanon

>the costly Cataphractii was lost and forgotten, never to be remembered

More like it just took too much investment to create, as with many of the other advanced Astartes designs which fell out of use permanently after the Scouring. Astartes got broken up into specialized Chapters in limited numbers and no longer required the advanced technologies to simply police what was left of the Imperium, and the traitors warred with each other constantly until they were able to set up a functional trade exchange in the Immaterium that is entirely dependent on what the Iron Warriors can afford to manufacture at any given time.

If anyone was wondering what the new 40k guilliman model looks like converted into dogal rorn: it looks a bit like this.

>It's an autists nightmare.

I don't understand the autism really. Its called the Age of Darkness, not the Great Crusade. Supply lines and logistics were already teetering on the brink after Book 2; and by the time Blackshields became a thing, every legion was just scrounging for what they could use and kitbashed so hard that they inadvertently created new marks and variations of power armor.

Oh look, it's you again. GW chose to use a diversity of models in the board games to prevent the different types of unit from looking too samey.

Also MkIII, MkIV, Tartaros and Cataphractii were all in use alongside each other during the same period.

swap the janky gun-hand and it'd be a pretty good model

On one hand, that is like the most straightforward paint job anyone can do with that model. On the other hand, it still looks pretty fucking cool. I might end up just doing that so I can field Guilliman with my Blood Ravens.

1k Sons had special hook ups in the Mechanicum that gave them access to Tartaros. Horus favored legions he knew would ultimately side with him, when it came to distributing MK4 armor, 1k Sons and Wolves were not amongst those. Also there were far more dudes on Prospero than just like 50, so of course in the larger battle there was a mix of marks among both legions.

I was thinking about this the other day, I think this is as close to 'field repaired MkVI' that is produced right now

That fist doesn't quite fit him, you should remove it and swap it by nothing else :^)

tartarus armour looks sufficiently different from mark IV to have them in the same box, and the same with cataphractii and mark III.

Also both the characters in BoP are wearing mark IV, achean armour mostly fits with IV and a legion would probably kit itself out with mark IV before something as expensive as tartarus, so I'd only expect a legion with IV would actually go on to afford tartarus as well.

So it offends your headcanon?

>everything that isn't spelled out word-for-word is headcanon

That's actually a pretty fucking cool idea, my dude. He looks better in all gold than in Ultramarines colours for sure.

Doesn't everything?

Excellent.
I still don't like his splayed legs.

Take hunter killers on all of them if you have the points - the multi-meltas won't be in range at first. For Havocs, depends on how fast you'll be moving. It's easy to justify not taking those.

Looks like at least Imperial Fists players will have a Dorn model now.

>Glares angry in FW's direction

Curious if plastic Mark II is gonna be a thing, way cooler than Mark III for being about the same but more detail instead of extra plating.

So looking at the Mech Suborbital Strike Wing LoW, it looks like we can take flyers from literally anywhere, since it doesn't reference the "No Heresy counterparts" box, and then give any superheavy flyers Tank Hunters for 15pts.
Other than being a twat and taking Dreadclaw Myrmidons, or being crazy like Whale Guy, what else can we stick in there? Manta? Or possibly a Grey Knight Thunderhawk, for REALLY active Machine Spirits?

Does anyone have a good link to the audio books? Got a lot of driving coming up and I love audio books.

You're thinking too small

It's time to introduce the legions to the cancer that is triple helldrake with baleflamer !

Didnt FW said there would be no new plastic box set this year? They might release Titanicus instead of another HH kit.

>no prussian mustache
DROPPED
R
O
P
P
E
DROPPED

So do DA fit with what i want to play ? I don't really know the diffrences between 30k and 40k Marines and DA in particular.

Ah, it isn't actually my model, it's a conversion/paintjob my local redshirt did and posted on the store's normiebook page. But I thought it was kind of neat (though if I copied it myself I might do something about the valves in the knee joints etc.).

Usually not bothered about these things but essentially I dislike markIII armour and it isn't aesthetically pleasing to have an army made up of disparate elements that look like they are totally opposed. Mark III looks like siege or attritional armour, mark IV looks like operating armour. 9 out of 10 games are operating style objective missions.

>I like aggresive armies with good long range firepower.

Ironwing DA can some nasty firepower and Predators with Machine Spirit can turn them into pretty aggressive units.

PVA glue for the studs isn't turning out nearly as well as in the guide I saw. Going to do a few more layers and prime it to see how it looks. If it's still shit I'm going to file it off and try to get a drill bit that will let me put in some BBs.

OK, that does sound silly. Alternatively, fluffy Xana list with Hellblades and Hell Talons. Alternatively alternatively, triple Wolfbus. Magnus shall fear us once again.
Still can't match the Triple Manta Leviathan build, each one with Tank Hunters. Just buy an actual airship, it's cheaper.

Can your precious Mantas handle three Warlords, handled by a detachment of Titan Guard?

Probably faster than the Warlords can handle the Mantas, because they are flying and can't be hit with blasts, so they just have to shoot the 40 max Hoplites and then chill out with S:D railguns. Wouldn't be a very interesting fight, though.