Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Cheating Death Edition

When was the last time you or a fellow party-member beat death at their own game, either figuratively or literally? How'd they do it?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW (embed)

Avowed Playtest 1: drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Avowed Playtest 2: docs.google.com/document/d/1rV7kaF9JL2gw9xQalkEnlEDL9WXtbsaCqNABm_pLIgc/edit?usp=sharing

Spheres of Might previews:
Part 1: docs.google.com/document/d/1aLaYQEFAWU4zQBx58boJPPaySLgJc0Emmw9eKyIJeGI/
Part 2: docs.google.com/document/d/1pyLq03W2ju58PcKOUq5YXoFowf_weBNzuWtjCMdINXk/edit
Part 3: docs.google.com/document/d/1-LAt9Ti5pcnvHY4KnFRuItCjqtGM-YJC5r_0zXiKKUk/edit
PS: Outdated, playtest should be out next week but that's not a promise.

Bloodforge Infusions updated playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1GvwMclLSw15slYI7D5xLdjMzr-Nau92hNha9Sx0LOk4/edit#

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/70727/romance-of-the-righteous-kingdoms
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/71538/hells-rebels-literally-cant-even-edition
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/70552/shardwalkers
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/71197/spheres-of-might-unofficial-playtest-the-harrowing-modified
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/71590/puella-librum-daemonium
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/71015/a-generic-pathfinder-adventure-title
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/71521/the-great-bamboozling
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/67969/the-celestial-tournament
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/67687/the-sultanas-hot-slave-harem
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/69210/taldor-ascendant
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/67321/legacy-of-blood-and-flame
drive.google.com/open?id=1NW98K-_vTEnS5ELs6UEZgu2WyMX0-hwrfEoMKGdUXlE
drive.google.com/open?id=1U85TQ-_b_anKdM2O9AzRv0XPxvZTZA9y9w_4GgrAzf0
docs.google.com/document/d/1YbZaK9lW5eaw8xJ7kAOB2HbcA4ac1ypdcl_0nVu9D6s/edit?usp=sharing
docs.google.com/document/d/1VXmJ-2sBdCT7W8gZ6uMYpT4nmVoaT3HBYa_5iyCqAUw/edit?usp=sharing
docs.google.com/document/d/13c-NyasEvB4m7TPpFxBMWIYDOaFV7ak99qW00tuKQq8/edit?usp=sharing
docs.google.com/document/d/1s5BDGbHbBVnoqLpgMAFAlyz2etbaRLcJouVraeJasRI/edit?usp=sharing
docs.google.com/document/d/1jOPSV7xXPDat51PKw4K_4BZFiT4zd3X9P5yYGWk0FGE/edit?usp=sharing
docs.google.com/document/d/1AkUOjgItGhJD_ZEY0woQTPDJWxGorWIAV8Rgp2Bbf80/edit?usp=sharing
docs.google.com/document/d/1KuETPf-GAAXCOixWrP9cgwpPptvsBPdPc8jkXVk3KDk/edit?usp=sharing
youtube.com/watch?v=Dfb_n7wjb5k
d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/a/aristocrat-s-nightmare/
youtube.com/watch?v=dpzbr3vCBjw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Old thread:

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/70727/romance-of-the-righteous-kingdoms
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/71538/hells-rebels-literally-cant-even-edition
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/70552/shardwalkers
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/71197/spheres-of-might-unofficial-playtest-the-harrowing-modified
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/71590/puella-librum-daemonium
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/71015/a-generic-pathfinder-adventure-title
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/71521/the-great-bamboozling
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/67969/the-celestial-tournament
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/67687/the-sultanas-hot-slave-harem
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/69210/taldor-ascendant
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/67321/legacy-of-blood-and-flame

Shouldn't Taldor Ascendant be removed from that list, since it was a falsehood?

Well it never really came up in-game, but one of my characters (an Alchemist) figure out how to basically become a pseudo-lich. He created a permanent Magic Jar (effectively his phylactery), dumped his body in a stasis tube (permanent Elude Time, so the body can be retrieved), and created a bunch of Simulacra to become his bodies. So he's still alive, but he exists inside a magic item that's possessing clones of himself.

Quick! One of the players dropped from Dragons 2 and you need to plug that hole! Who would you pick?

Literally anyone from Dragons1.

Another male character, doesn't even fucking matter who as long as it isn't a trap. Jesus christ, choose PARTYDwarf. DHB would put a stop to this madness.

to plug the hole or to get dropped

>One of the players dropped from Dragons 2
Wait, really?!

C@

Literally NTRDwarf

Just get NTRDwarf.

What about Brejik?

Ulfric or Ephraim, considering the obvious implication of who'd be dropped.

It's a hypothetical.

O-oh...

I feel like there should be a Dragon PRINCE in the game, was there even one that applied?

DwarfHB. Stop the madness.

Probably Ulfric he seems the most fun

Kardri could also be fun

Just one.

It wasn't a very good application.

Howdy /pfg/,

I'm working on material for a bloodborne campaign. Currently doing a bestiary and ran out of creative juice at F, so I decided to drop off new material for ya'll.

New since my last update: the Tomb Prospector archetype and Feat support.

>The Bloodborne Hunter
drive.google.com/open?id=1NW98K-_vTEnS5ELs6UEZgu2WyMX0-hwrfEoMKGdUXlE

>Blood-Addled Hunter
drive.google.com/open?id=1U85TQ-_b_anKdM2O9AzRv0XPxvZTZA9y9w_4GgrAzf0

>Charred Hunter
docs.google.com/document/d/1YbZaK9lW5eaw8xJ7kAOB2HbcA4ac1ypdcl_0nVu9D6s/edit?usp=sharing

>Church Hunter
docs.google.com/document/d/1VXmJ-2sBdCT7W8gZ6uMYpT4nmVoaT3HBYa_5iyCqAUw/edit?usp=sharing

>Tomb Prospector
docs.google.com/document/d/13c-NyasEvB4m7TPpFxBMWIYDOaFV7ak99qW00tuKQq8/edit?usp=sharing

>Vileblood
docs.google.com/document/d/1s5BDGbHbBVnoqLpgMAFAlyz2etbaRLcJouVraeJasRI/edit?usp=sharing

>Bloodborne Feats
docs.google.com/document/d/1jOPSV7xXPDat51PKw4K_4BZFiT4zd3X9P5yYGWk0FGE/edit?usp=sharing

>Sample Creature - Father Gascoigne
docs.google.com/document/d/1AkUOjgItGhJD_ZEY0woQTPDJWxGorWIAV8Rgp2Bbf80/edit?usp=sharing

>Sample Hunter - Bone Ash Hunter
docs.google.com/document/d/1KuETPf-GAAXCOixWrP9cgwpPptvsBPdPc8jkXVk3KDk/edit?usp=sharing

Feedback is always welcome!

Which was that, the Henshin Hero one?

Because I recall another guy was working on one, he was asking if the (pretty cool) art he'd found fit a Dragon Prince.

I guess he got culled by Eagle's early closure of apps.

DHB being accepted into a game is one of the Seven Seals, do you really want to bring about the end times and the Tribulation?

Yeah, the Henshin Hero one. Dunno about the guy you're talking about.

Damn

tfw your not so great app was the only "Dragon Prince"

The way things have been going?
Wouldn't be so bad, really.

DHB being published already happened. One of the two seals that mentioned him is already released, the second surely is to come soon.

The Game Starved Beast is growing ever more desperate, to the point he touches even ERP games with his tainted blight of character drowning in insecurities, self pity, bitterness, and shame. Truly a pitiable creature.

You're willing to endure seven years of DHB and ERP?

Which of these would have all the strange bloodborne sorceries?

Compared to this? Yes, that would be preferable.

AR 4017: Day of Rovagug
youtube.com/watch?v=Dfb_n7wjb5k

You went a little overboard with the mutant stuff in the backstory and the personality section was really, REALLY short despite being much more important. I liked the art and sheet though, and you weren't the worst app by any means.

>SwimmingEagle is the Whore of Babylon

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

If we are to make a choice. A crossroad of destiny between DHB and ERP.

I choose DHB.

If it means an end to the chaos afterwards? Yes.

Would a Herald Caller Cleric VMC Summoner be too OP for the tournament ? I don't want to faceroll everything.

As can be shown by what occurred during the last thread, Roryposting can get super toxic, super quickly. From what I recall, someone reposted the logs that were shared in the last thread to this one. Like, right as the first post. That wasn't me. Whoever did that, shame on you.

Folks, I want to sincerely apologize. For all the Roryposting. All of it. This got a little out of hand a lot too quickly.

I'm sorry, I hope you'll forgive me.

DHB is the grail. It promises wishes, balanced martials, neat homebrew, an end to the madness, but it is nothing but pain and corruption!

bloodborne is my shit, keeping an eye on this material

It's alright dude, really. We all get a bit carried away sometimes.

FWIW, he's being honest. It was totally me.

I lost to the memes.

It's nice to know I wasn't the Worst, but I definitely have a problem with character focus and personality discrimination. Part of that is My group is mostly war gamers, and only have Recently made a "No War Gaming" at the table. Kinda force more RP action, which some are better at then others.

I'm a fine role player, just bad background detailer. Was hoping to get some tips from the review user, but then it closed early.

Tomb Prospector or Church Hunter, depending on what you're looking for.

Alright, /pfg/ do you prefer to have a persistent line of characters you develop over time and can adapt towards many settings?

Or do you prefer to create a new character for each and every campaign?

An apology does not undo the damage. You must repent and accept your punishment.

Public execution.

You mean like family line?

kek wills it

Not me. I'm actually glad I didn't get picked if it means I don't have to interact with Rory. Guy's a black hole for attention. The only way anyone gets screen time is if he's attached to them. Meanwhile, I'd actually have negative character development and regress into a blank sheet.

It's alright, senpai. Just get to work on that game of yours so I can apply to it.

Yeah. I'm going to restrain the posting to pfg to just updates on Blood Mountain and mechanicals stuff, as a few anons seemed interested in that. Roryposting derailed the last thread and I don't want that happening again

I don't do generic characters to be adapted.

I very much tailor every character to their specific scenario.

It is fortunate that I've always been accepted into every game that I've applied to.

I don't know what I'd do if I had to discard all these wonderful characters.

*quietly weeps because one game just REALLY started rolling and the GM had to pack up shop just when our characters were cool with each other*

I keep making female support casters of various reptilian species who are all different in personality and specific species.

>He's only upset about Roryposting when his logs got shared

Where was this attitude for the past week?

More like recycling the same character concept for multiple games.

I always make a new character for each and every campaign. I like trying to fit myself towards a theme, but even beyond that, I'm usually bored of a build after I've finished theorycrafting it so it doesn't even bother me if I never get to play with it. I'm back at coming up with ideas but good at crunch so having a campaign lead me helps.

>party reaches end of dungeon full of cannibalistic cultists
>Final chamber contains several ponds of demon blood, along with an alchemist and a cult leader
>Cult leader quickly transforms into a giant manlion monster, alchemist falls back to lob bombs from a distance
>Eldritch Guardian fighter's mauler familiar goes in to attack manlion, gets KO'd on a critical AoO
>Dwarven ranger steps up to fight manlion while fighter uses a scroll to absorb the familiar into his body to stop it from bleeding out
>Alchemist throwing Tanglefoot Bombs glues PCs in place to limit mobility, manlion eventually grabs ranger with bite attack and jumps to the other side of a blood pond with her
>Monk and Sorcerer focus on taking out the manlion, fighter and NPC fighter try to deal with alchemist
>Manlion drops ranger in the middle of the blood pond to maul her while she struggles to swim
>Fighter and NPC fighter have to make reflex saves VS tanglefoot bombs, ends terribly
>Monk and Sorcerer take out manlion, corpse begins writhing before its entire circulatory system voids itself and a blood ooze attacks the party, envelops and attempts to suffocate swimming ranger
>PC fighter KO'd by bomb hits, NPC fighter can't stand close enough to administer a potion because splash damage from a bomb thrown at NPC could kill the PC first
>Shit rolls and NPC status keeps NPC from killing the alchemist in a reasonable amount of time
>Ranger busy doing nothing but trying to get out of the ooze while the monk kicks the ooze ineffectually
>PC fighter bleeding out, almost dead when NPC fighter finally kills alchemist
>blood ooze suddenly releases ranger and disappears beneath blood pond
>PC fighter gets a CLW potion literally the turn before he would have bleed out to death
>Ranger is unconscious and mentally scarred

The party didn't wait to see if the blood ooze was coming back, but little do they know it escaped through a channel and will be appearing again later in a new host body.

>only way anyone gets any screen time

Have they had a session yet?

Sometimes people can fly off the handle. Geez, Roryposting is just memes dude, we're all meming all the time, and this past week has been SUPER MEME HEAVY.

Cut him some slack, and maybe we should all meme a little less.

Pretty sure he told people to calm their tits before, but now it's overboard

I tried to do the same thing but I had to discard so many character concepts I loved that I just stopped and started keeping long character documents I can ad-lib into any setting.

I make some ideas that I file away until they have a fitting campaign.

Otherwise, I try to never use the same character idea twice and keep trying new builds and schticks, creating a new one for each campaign.

Then say good things about the other characters that did get in and pick someone who would also fit well in there!

I have never done a pure cycling. I have made similar characters, but only when I either didn't get to play the original character or didn't get to play it much.

How do you troll the aristocracy? What about the magocracy?

While I tend to mix it up now more than ever, I have a few character 'archetypes' that I've carried through my years of RPGs, be they video games or tabletops mostly for nostalgia purposes

TRIPS DEMAND IT

>regrets the second he gets made fun of
Shouldn't have posted those logs bitch boi

d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/a/aristocrat-s-nightmare/

Especially if they have a vault/Scrooge McDuck's money bin.

Incidentally, Bloodborne is a heavy source of inspiration for the game in so I will be keeping my eye on this.

How, apart from your character being an actual weeaboo, do you justify them having a nodachi in Avistan?

I can't think of much more of a backstory justification than "from LotLK, trained by a tian dude".

Gambling.

They don't care that the weapon came from Tian Xia, they care about the weapon itself. The character is a weapon fetishist who collects all beautiful blades he sees, and the nodachi happens to be his favorite.

My app for Celestial Tournament was raised by monks in a Quain monastery.

It's a big, single-edged infantry weapon.

If falchions get a pass, so do these.

This right here.

"I looted this one from some the dead corpse of a dude with weird eyes." I like it a lot.

"It's a good sword"

Most of my martial characters forge their own gear.

So usually it's just they don't even know what a proper nodachi is and it'd just be something used in a similar style because they built a blade perfect for their fighting style.

Was looking through a weird merchant's wares, and thought "That is a cool-ass sword. I'm gonna learn to use it."

Refluff it as a bigass curved sword from another culture

No. That's just how bad I feel it will get. Roryanon may be trying to curb the memes now, but I predict others will push it back on him, making sure nobody can escape the hell of his design. It's the other part of the reason I'm glad I didn't picked: actually getting memes would probably killed the character for me.

I'll be honest, the fact that only one of the picked members is from the first week of applications, i.e. the people who actually wanted in to play and not meme, doesn't give me much faith in the rest of the party or even most of the other applications.

>Did you see those warriors from Katapesh?
>They've got curved swords.

REVENGEEEE!

C U R V E D S W O R D S

Armies change over time, and it means that they will naturally tend to upgrade their gear if they see a better version of what they have, can copy it and make it their own.

Mechanically, a nodachi needs no new proficiency other than martial, and with magic speeding travel and exchange of ideas, it would only make sense for the nodachi to be in a process of being adopted by all armies across Golarion as the nonreach martial weapon of choice to eventually replace most others.

Wait, how is The Celestial Tournament PvP and vote? What actually determines if you win?

This could probably grow into some weeb tendencies, I suppose.

Considering I'm already thinking of going mildly chuuni with this character, that could work too.

PvP for starters.

If the judges like what they saw, the vote for you. If not, they vote for the other guy.

In short, it's impressing the judges more then the other guy.

God, there are more /pfg/ games than I even realized. Are all of these recruiting and/or running or are some of these dead? Does this list go all the way back to the first memegame?

Wait, that doesn't make any fucking sense. It means the PvP doesn't matter, the judge votes decide who goes on.

What if the other guy dies? What, are they gonna res him to continue on?

The Great Bamboozling is a joke, Taldor Ascendant is dead and needs to be removed from the list. The rest are at the very least, tentatively real.

One should only go for the latter.
In most cases it's painfully obvious when someone's just reposting an application from elsewhere with - maybe - a sentence or maybe just 1-2 words changed to the new 'location'.

Taldor Ascendant is kill.

The Sultana's Hot Slave Harem is either kill or too shitty to be worth the time.

Legacy of Blood and Flame looks legit but has a much lower power level, and the GM has had to close it down once already due to 2hu.

The Great Bamboozling might actually be a real game.

>GM has had to close it down once already due to 2hu
Story?

The Great Bamboozling is too silly, self-aware, and stupid to not be a real game. If it was an actual bamboozle, it wouldn't be so obvious.

But then again, making people think like me is a great double-fakeout.

GM denies it, says it was just due to scheduling conflicts. I want to believe him.

...But that said, 2hu did ask more questions than anybody else, demand more than all the other interested players combined, and then posted a huge wall of text that ran roughshod over the GM's lore and inserted loli catgirls as a race.

DHB asks more questions than 2hu. DHB sometimes asks 20+ questions.

If it's real, then it's real. If it's not, nothing of value was lost.

>What, are they gonna res him to continue on?
Yes. the Gods oversee the tournament. Hence, "Celestial Tournament."

They're two sides of the same coin, those two.

I wonder what would happen if we put them in a room together? Would they explode, fall madly in love?

Or would one of them turn into a stupid-looking boss?
youtube.com/watch?v=dpzbr3vCBjw

I unironically want to play in a serious game with both of them, I'm just so fucking curious what kind of experience it'd be.

I've played with 2hu before, he is a wallflower.