Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Check out this OC OP image! edition.

prev

>doubly dank daily dunks
youtube.com/watch?v=H2LQMElLoLs

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android.
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!z4wmmJyR!jTfwLczhdFjV0q6nowtGag!qgZhmAhK

>40k rules reference in wiki format.
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Latest GW teases
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW FAQs.
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>List organizer picture book
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Offline list builder
battlescribe.net/

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

I like it op, a tasteful meme

First for Kill Team

Repostan

Since Guilliman has essentially allied with the Ynnari in the battle against Chaos, can we assume that Mr Statesman will learn about and extend an olive branch to the Craftworld Eldar and Tau to join forces?

I'm imagining at the very least diplomatic missions to create a ceasefire to not have these dangers on their mind as the 13th Black Crusade is going on.

#

Kinda Depends how many Imperials show up. They're basically a barbarian horde unless they completely tidal wave the tau down and crack out the Titans.

Hell, space marines aren't even all that scary to tau- Not because they aren't impressive, because a highly mobile force with better than Bolter small arms spam and plenty of heavy weaponry is basically the least optimal thing for a company to go up against.

Recall that one of the earliest marine/tau interactions involved an entire company drop podding into a city then getting counter-ambushed and killed to a man by plasma rifle spamming crisis suits.

20 minutes till more GW announcements.

I hope when Guilliman switches off the Big E's life support, he reincarnates as the Empress.

40k needs more equal gender representation.

Imperatrix > Imperator

>Blood Angels vs Storm Boyz

Third for Cypher

This is a Marines Malevolent Thread now

Would you a God Emperor Veeky Forums?

BROTHER

Guilliman had a instinctive distrust of xenos even during the Great Crusade. It's suggest it's genetically wired into them.

He might arrange a ceasefire, but he's not going to form the United Federation of Planets: 40k Edition.

Codex: Catachan when?

Cypher is a casual scrub I could take him with my balls tied behind my back.

Not even close bb

I'd hit it so hard the Astronomican would flicker.

>Getting bitchslapped by a Salamander

>Blood Angels vs Ork Boyz

Orks are not npc race...

Is the book good? How are the Black Templars depicted?

Never, they're the next Guard planet to be squatted.

Gonna get nommed by an Ork-piloted spehs-whale

I agree with you but who knows. Desperate times ey.

He literally doesn't mind if a Ynnari Eldar is traipsing around the innermost sanctum of his homeworld.

he may attempt to bring more Eldar into he fight, if/when Yraine reunites with him but until then I doubt he's going to go straight into alliance mode
I enjoyed the first one, despite several anons saying they are terrible, perhaps because it has like 4 different protagonists including the BT chaplain, giving their own POV for a single story.
it characterizes several magi of different ranks and includes a sentient machine straight from Ghost in the Shell
id' give it a 7-8/10

Weren't* a npc race

The Secutor is a Tech-Priest, not a Skitarius though.

The actual Skitarii in that book just spend the entire time being shut-down by various kinds of daemonic malware and sentient AI.

While the thread is young, how would you go about making an army out of pic related? Something akin to them are confirmed for 40k after all. Which army could they best count-as, how would you fluff them to allies etc.

oh and about the BT it focuses mostly on their rituals I'd assume the second book will expand more into them
in the first book itself they are typical SM autism

>How are the Black Templars depicted?

They get rekt repeatedly. Only the Cadians come out of those novels with their dignity intact.

unlike their planet

Alright, cool. Thanks for the overview.

I always get really confused between the cult mechanicus and the skitarii so I apologize

He's nothing if not pragmatic. In the same paragraph though, he's already expecting them to betray him when it suits them.

> Guilliman is Sigmar
> Returned warrior king, uniting his sons at the end of the world
> Imperium is Empire/Bretonnia

> Eldar are Elves
> Cultural schisms boil over and result in a unified force behind someone previously thought impossible
> Tau are Lizardmen
> Improbably third faction added in to the goodies

> Chaos are Chaos
> Orks are Orcs and will ally with Tyranids to make a meme NPC empire
> Necrons are Death and the Silent King will be Nagash

AoS is repeating itself.

As disposable abhumans.

Their special rule could be that their allies could fire into combats their involved in, with any wounds being split equally between them and the enemy unit.

Wargear would a ccw. You could upgrade three of them with laspistols for every twenty you fielded. Also bomb collars, so the unit gets removed from play entirely the first time it fails a morale check.

I don't know about your pic related. But I imagine my pic related would be an awesome renegades guard army.

>Cygors chucking tank husks countsas basilisks!

The Felinids are like Cat from Red Dwarf, not literally cat people, or anime cat girls.

>Orks are Orcs
That's a bit of a stretch don't ya think?

>Silent King will be Nagash
Suddenly I'm okay with Age of Emperor.

Not that user, but the book's decent, despite them getting a shit ton of Guard, Marines, Eldar and other random fucks in my Mechanicus book, and that stupid Disney moment where the Templar scrub is getting his ass kicked by the Secutor in a friendly duel, then magically beats him with no explanation given and tells him to fight with more "heart". He then goes all Luke Skywalker, turns off all his guidance in a big fight near the end, and owns this giant ice-monster thing. The Mechanicus characters are all pretty great, too, and one of them literally dies dropping logic burns on an Eldar.

Black Templars do their usual thing, get a bit fried up and occasionally run inot trouble, then have a cool last stand, even if it is defending a damn Eldar Farseer.
If there was a third of the non-Mech characters in the book, it would have been a lot better, but still worth a read. Also, Kotov is great. He builds an entire Leviathan into an Age of Sail boat for Explorator Fleet fucking about.

> Orks are Orcs and will ally with Tyranids to make a meme NPC empire
> a meme NPC empire
is everything ok?

Marines Malevolent deserve everything bad that happens to them.

I don't think this is the game for you. But I'll fund your kickstarter for some sort of cartoony medieval animal wargame.

>The Felinids are like Cat from Red Dwarf

Slaanesh cultists?

How much would you discount orks by to make them comparable to newer codexies?

I guess we weren't Warhammer 40K
But... Warhammer 50K

>Hot-shot lasguns have giant fuck-off scopes
>18" range

Well done GW, well done.

The imperium repeatedly gets BTFO by the Tau, literally the only advantages they have are warp travel and sheer numbers. That massive crusade meant to wipe them out? Stalled and defeated on a single planet. Khan got cucked out of killing shadowsun, the raven guard chapter master died, and 3/4 of the assassins failed. Hell, there was one part where the imperial guard were charging headlong through a dust storm and the Tau were using them as target practice because they outclassed them that badly.

OK, thanks

Has it been explained how/why these girls have survived into the 41st millennium? I thought they were wiped out.

Just a straight retconn?

>literally the only advantages they have are warp travel

That and stealth tech the Tau could only dream of.

you setting the 0 to be 8,000 BC? that's stupid

when a Chaos Sorcerer lord calls you borderline heretical and accepts renegades from their chapter into his warband you know you are fucked

20% off all units. Or keep the Orks the same price but reduce the cost of their wargear by 25-50%.

the order probably went dark and any female blank they found that didn't go straight into the assassins temple went with them

i sometimes take 25% extra points with my orks

People actually have more fun that way because it feels more even and my opponents arent just destroying me, which is not fun

I even win some games sometimes

>the imperial guard were charging headlong through a dust storm and the Tau were using them as target practice

VALIANT GUARDSMEN HEROICALLY LAYING DOWN THIER LIVES TO DEPRIVE THE WRETCHED XENO OF IT'S AMMUNITION SUPPLIES!!!

Orcs and ogres (fantasy devourers) allied and proceeded to do jack shit until the final battle. Unless you count Josh Reynolds fan fiction as canon, in which case they conquered everything east of the old world including chaos held Cathay and the chaos dwarfs.

If 40k followed his retarded idea, this would happen with orks and tyranids

>The psyker is the only one not affected
bravo GW

Read the book faggot Tau are listed alongside daemons and Ghazgkull as increased threats after the eye expanded

>sending a culexus assassin after non-psykers

I changed my mind, I now want to represent Cat's people, loyalist and heretic versions for their religious schism. Their ragtag fleets ply the galaxy seeking for the promise land.

But naa, it was just a dumb thought while I was grinding in MH the other day. The setting has literal space orangutans who make tiny lascannon, making backwards cat people seem believable. Knowing the Imperium, would probably happen to them.

we don't talk about the damocles tauwank

> Scions can swap their Hotshot Lasguns for a Hellgun or Shotgun at no extra cost

> Hotshot Lasgun: R24" S3/AP3/Rapid Fire
> Can be fired as R30" Heavy1/Sniper

> Hellgun: R18" S3/AP5/Assault 3
> Can Overclock for +2S at the expense of firing next turn

> Shotguns: R12", Assault 2, variable ammo
> Bio Acid: Poison(5), Rending, AP4
> Incendiary: S3, Ignores Cover
> Shrapnel: S3, Shred

>find out there are female Culexus assassins as well as Callidus
>synskin is literally just bodypaint

hnnnnnnng

aunva isnt a psyker

You call me a faggot again and I'll expand your cornhole, lad.

It lasted over 7 threads without the inevitable autistic shit memes Not a bad effort.

Pheromones not psyker powers.

An assassin is an assassin. Culexus are probably the most versatile assassins under the current rules.

I really want to start up a Khornate marine army, though all of the options for doing so feel really scattered.

I can't use the World Eaters Legion stuff with Khorne Daemonkin. I can't used the improvements to Possessed and Warp Talons from Daemonkin alongside the Crimson Slaughter benefits or the new assault on deep-strike formations.

It doesn't help matters that I'd actually like to include a couple squads and units focused on shooting in the list. At this point I'd even look to loyalist books for options.

>kindly no kauyon or Montka, if that's your cup of tea go weeb/troll elsewhere. For all intents and purposes it's not the same universe

If you could select the new main regiment for Guard, which would you choose?

Homemade regiments are fair game, but I think something from the current lore would be best.

>sending the guy who can make himself so unnoticed he can hitchhike inside a filled devilfish into the most defended location on the planet to kill the absolute head of state of the enemy

Who's more powerful in lore, a solitaire or an eversor assassin?

Mordian

> Daemonkin
> Improved Possessed and Warp Talons

These units need a whole lot more than fucking Furious Charge to be 'fixed'.
Your options are very simple user:

> Khorne Daemonkin
Flesh Hounds that you can join units to, and don't have much 'tax' associated.
Literally everything else is inferior.

> World Eaters
Better everything else.
Better characters, insanely better infantry.
Forge World units.

> Crimson Slaughter
Objectively inferior in everything compared to World Eaters.

I'd say to just play World Eaters and ally in some Gorepacks. Put your Juggerlord there for some ablative Wounds, otherwise pure Chaos.
Ally in some Renegades if you want any Scoring potential.

i dont think they should have a main regiment. the box for guardsmen should be regular planetery defense guardsmen and then they should include a sprue to make various regiments.

Complete newfag here
Think this is something I'd like to star with
the formation is 400 points and the lgs apparently runs 500 for its beginner games, so thought id ask what kind of upgrades I should go for to get it up to 500
cheers

Harakoni Warhawks

This would allow all IG players to build Cadians, hostile environment Cadians, and non-Elysian drop troops in any mix they want. Combine all 3 and you get the Harakoni Warhawks.

I bring my Grey Knights, do you want to use the daemonic adversaries rules?

Not psykers dude, insect like pheromones. It's how shadowsue was able to survive the callidius assassination attempt
And yet he was the only assassin who was successful, and the only one who didn't struggle at all. I'm surpassed he wasn't reassigned to go after farsight and shadowsue
>getting this mad at being called faggot on an anonymous Mongolian cave painting forum
Welcome to Veeky Forums, newfriend

>Orks are Orcs and will ally with Tyranids to make a meme NPC empire
I would left them in one group called as "destruction forces" or something like that but not allied at all

My Brothers!

1v1 = Solitaire
Vs each other = Solitaire
Vs army = Eversor
Last stand = Eversor

Who are you quoting?

Vostroyans.

I said Improved, not fixed. The main reason I'd even want them is so that I could have some Daemons with actual armor.

I'll probably just end up going for World Eaters then, I suppose. My other alternative was running them as Deathwatch or something for the wargear options.

>hot-shot lasguns have giant fuck-off scopes
>they have no stock

>They killed a chapter master and thought they'd killed the 'king' of the spehs muhreens.
>implying "Warrior King" isn't an appropriate transliteration of what a Chapter Master is given their level of autonomy within the larger Imperium, and their role over the chapter and in many cases large swaths of imperial territory or forces

So are you just an idiot about comparative ranks in history or are you ignorant of the lore itself?

it's a laser gun, what would the stock even do?

>actively making your enemy better so you can get preferred enemy on them

wait, if i'm a daemon player do i get to use these buffs?

look down the scope and aim better?

Orks! Orks! Orks! Orks! Orks! Orks! Orks!

It's 7th Edition, just use Allies. For the cost of a Herald and min-Bloodletters, you can access all the Daemons you like. Alternatively, min Bikers and then spam Flesh Hounds through the Gorepack.

Actual CSM are so, so much better under Legion rules that it is a non-contest.

Orks Orks Orks Orks Orks Orks Orks

Culexus can hide from the Tau sensors, shitty eyesight and they can't even "feel" it is there.

Culexus are the perfect counter to the tech reliant and warp ignorant Tau.

Why the Imperium hasn't turbo fuck Tau with Culexus is just due to plot armour.
Like everything beyond 3rd edition Tau fluff.

That... that's not who I think it is is it?
How did he get so fat?

Orks Orks Orks Orks Orks Orks Orks !!

Ok, quick question about Angels of Death special army lists: since their bonuses are not Chapter Tactics do they apply to all models in the army or still just those with Chapter Tactics ? Anvil Strike Force straight up buffs vehicles, Scarblade Strike Force makes vehicles faster, and so on. The Imperial Fists have two rules, one that specifies that only units with the special rule from their Chapter tactics get the bonus while the other just says that units in the army get +1 to blowing up buildings. What about the +1S for flamers the Salamanders get, is it Chapter Tactics units-only or is it like Vulkan's special ability that buffs even vehicle mounted meltas ?

>How did he get so fat?

He's 64, user.

>Kindly no End Times or Age of Sigmar. If that is your cup of tea, please go elsewhere, especially if you're just going to shill or troll. For all intents and purposes, it's not the same universe.

Warhammer fantasy babbys who think their feelings affect what's canon and what isn't. They think they can just decide that 8th edition and endtimes didn't happen and everyone else is expected to agree on that. Now with the nu-fluff, this hilarious behavior is starting to pop up here