media.wizards.com/2017/dnd/downloads/UAMystic3.pdf

>Official /5eg/ Mega Trove v4b:
mega.nz/#F!z8pBVD4Q!UIJWxhYEWy7Xp91j6tztoQ

>Pastebin with resources and so on:
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>5etools:
5egmegaanon.github.io/5etools/5etools.html

>Previously, on /5eg/:
In honor of the recent UA, what's your character's favourite food?

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/12527550
5egmegaanon.github.io/5etools/classes.html#Mystic (UA),
5egmegaanon.github.io/5etools/spells.html#adaptive body (psionics)
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

In addition, here's the Mystic archetype poll.

strawpoll.me/12527550

I want to use wholly original races for my 5e game but I kind of want to keep elves for some reason.

Is this stupid?

>Nomaboring at first place
wew lads

*teleports behind u*

Mobility = Fun

Just making sure you can see this:

Personally, increase the Hit Die to 23d8, lower the AC to 13, drop his CON to 15, give him resistances instead of immunities, and boost the damage output. Give Unarmed Strike 8 bludgeoning / 11 cold, Ice Knife 10 piercing / 9 cold, and water whip 8 bludgeoning / 11 cold.

>Damage = Fun
word

>Mantle of Command = White Raven
>Bestial Form and Brute Force = Tiger Claw and Stone Dragon
Tome of Battle is here.

Anyone got insight about Fantasy Grounds ? The price seems steep, but there's a lot of shillers. Wondering if it's deserved.

Or even if someone has a dl link. One can hope.

Could you build a PC entirely around the Fabricate spell (And other similar themed abilities) and actually be good?

What's the best way to go about this?

UA Artificer Wizard?
Transmutation Wizard?
I'd say UA Artificer but they don't get Fabricate until fucking 18.
Forge Cleric?
Forge Theurgist?
>implying any DM would ever let you take Theurgy

not at all. you can easily reflavor elves or put an interesting twist on them in your setting

Had an idea for Monk using multiclass, go Shadow Monk to level 6 then do a 4-6 in Rouge Assassin (more likely 6), then either 2 in fighter for AS and the rest Monk or nothing in fighter.

Any good or should I just fuck off?

The rest of my party are all martial classes. I'm the only spell caster. All my known spells are utility just so we can accomplish things outside of combat that don't equate to "I want to hit it with a pointy bit of metal"

Literally play a Soul Knife.

How do I find an irl game in the UK?

Play RuneQuest

Hey guys, how do I make Black Manta?

I know I'm making him a Warforged, but I can't be sure what else I should do. Is Artifacer the right class for this? Or something else?

>Polymorph (Probably have to be True Polymorph due to casting time) a skeleton or other non-Beast or Plant into a beast or plant
>Use Awaken on it
>End concentration on Polymorph/dispel magic if True Polymorph
>???
>Profit?

would this work?

Okay guys rate my character idea.

Kobold Psionic
Uses his magic to make him feel equal to people,
mystic quirk is that he thinks his tail will disappear every time he uses a psionic discipline

Soul knife is the damage dealer option from Mystic
Avatar is the buffer/debuffer option from Mystic
Awakened and WuJen are the BF control options from Mystic
Nomad is the stealth/mobility option from Mystic
The fuck is Immortal? back then it was the combat option but now sould knife does that way better

>only disable is Sleep
if you're a warlock yes essentially, but why the fuck aren't you using that spell slot to hex+eldritch blast for 1d10+1d6+CHA damage? if you're a wizard no. tasha's hideous laughter is fairly strong, ray of sickness is ok damage with a debuff, grease knocks enemies in a 10ft area prone, color spray blinds enemies, and for god know what reason if you're in melee as a wizard, earth tremor also knocks enemies prone.

and if you needed dpr maybe you shouldn't have picked wizard? warlock already has better scaling and strong options for dpr and wizard is better of trying to debuff and control the battlefield than doing 1d12 damage a round. at level 1-3 i guess that's acceptable but beyond that the spell becomes painfully obsolete. if you're wanting to blast as a wizard, ice knife gives you AOE and magic missile doesn't require an attack roll in the first place and has more consistent and better scaling damage.

you can argue the merits of witch bolt all you want, but when spell slots are limited and spells known are limited (unless you're wizard) you're going to want some level of efficiency for your spell slots. with witch bolt you'll kill, what one enemy per casting? and they can break the witch bolt easy by just moving out of range or going into their cover. congrats, you just used a spell slot for a range 30 lightning damage poison spray!

Wanted to but DM wants to stick to base classes, only exception he makes is a rework of a class.

If teddy Roosevelt was a PC, what would his class/race be

Normal polymorph no, True polymorph after making the effect permanent yes.

Mystic.

Wizard would give you access to Fabricate at 7th level, unlike a cleric who would get it at 13th. If you play straight Transmutation you can use the Philosopher's Stone benefits, while a theurgist would allow you to have a decent AC thanks to heavy armor, plus
FIRE
IMMUNITY
is pretty sexy. It depends really on what the rest of your party is like. If they need martials, go theurgy, if they need support, go transmutation.

Durable front-line tank. It has far more defensive options that Soul Knife, which is important - unless your theorycrafting doesn't account for creatures ever doing damage to you.

Human Immortal Mystic.

>Durable
It has monk's AC, you be able to compare to Soul Knife you need Dex/Con to be 16/18 which isn't that easy to achieve, he also needs Int for DCs and THP. Dunno if +1 to HPs will be enough.

Imo it feels like it doesn't have a defined role.

Also
>Tank
You can't attrack aggro, and taking into account you aren't going to deal much damage (compared to other options) you aren't worth focusing

>Soul Knife
>Damage Dealer
Soul Knife is ass.

Sorry, let me rephrase it: Melee damage dealer.

Yes trying to invent your own races is fucking stupid.

Artificer sounds about right

>Durable front-line tank
Wujen is more durable
14+Dex, from the start it has more AC and also isn't MAD as fuck
Also other options have proficiency in Shields and Medium armors (Avatar) or Medium armors (Soulknife)

It requires a lot of stats but it's more efficient if you get them. Plus if you actually get hit, you'd rather be an Immortal than any archetype.

>what's your character's favourite food?

pussy

>Psychic double rapiers
>no ability modifier to damage until 5th
>no fighting style
>no bonus disciplines
still ass

>no ability modifier to damage until 5th
He adds Str or Dex to damage, user with his Soul knife, not to the off hand knife like any other character
>no fighting style
Neither the barb, that doesn't mean is ass
>no bonus disciplines
This hurts him a little, but only if you try to pick to many disciplines, focus on damaging ones and you're fine as a melee damage dealer

That makes me think.

Is it possible that the Dark Elf men survive only off of pussy?

We know that they don't have much food, and that they're a horrific, brutal matriarchy where the men are barely above slaves.

Is it possible that there are parts of the Underdark where Dark Elf men, in times of famine, can only survive by eating pussy instead of a meal?

Phantom Knife makes things a little crazy though. Rolling against AC 10 at 14th level and onward is a definite advantage.

>Death Cleric (Grave would be more fitting but Death gets Animate Dead)
>Far Traveler from not-egypt or some other distant desert land
>Revives corpses with the spirits of sinners so they might make amends and get a less shitty afterlife
>Deity themselves is sort of a mishmash of Egyptian gods

Terrible or TERRIBLE?

Variant Human Scout Fighter; in 2e GE he'd have been either an Explorer or a Cavalrymen (both Soldier kits)

Spells fo Wu Jen?

Misty Step
Haste
Absorb Elements

daily reminder that Mystic cannot multiclass due to lacking multiclass requirements

daily reminder that it doesn't need to

Asking again in the new thread. What are some opinions on this NPC sheet? Does it look sound and functional?

Banning multiclass is literally the best decision a DM could make, and you can't prove me wrong.

5egmegaanon.github.io/5etools/classes.html#Mystic (UA),

5egmegaanon.github.io/5etools/spells.html#adaptive body (psionics)

The Mystic and its related talents and disciplines have been added to 5etools. Shoutout to Bob from the Discord for helping with discipline data entry.

He could decide to play 4e.

And some shitwit yesterday thought you wouldn't do it. Praise be unto you and Bob.

How dumb are these houserules for a new game, assuming it starts at 3 or higher?

>Lowered point buy (25?)
>Variant Human banned
>Everyone starts with one feat, but this feat must be be one that increases an ability score.
>After racial modifiers and feat, you cannot have any ability score above 17.

He actually did it the absolute madman!

You're a good guy.

I'm honestly asking this question out of curiosity, not bait.

How many people here *actually* use the backgrounds, inspirations, and other similar 5e Meta-narrative game mechanic rules? Or do most of you just ignore that stuff and play the basic in-world mechanics?

>in-world mechanics
Nigga, what?

if you were to make a Mystic, what would they look like?

I use backgrounds but only because they do make some mechanical difference.
I might consider using inspiration and the rest if I ever end up DMing for newer players.

People forget inspiration, but backgrounds are important.

>strawpoll.me/12527550
>This feat must be one that increases an ability score.

This is where you lost me. The rest seems fine.

>uses Occluded Mind on you
CAPITALISM IS THE ENEMY

Thinking on going Immortal
With master of light and dark for darkness shenanigans
With nomadic step for teleporting shenanigans
Another cheese idea?

My group uses backgrounds. We don't really invoke the abilities verbatim but people will point to them for justification every once in a while. One guy (who's always had a hard on for randomness) loves the motivation etc tables, the rest of us roll on them sometimes.

We don't use inspirations.

Seems ok, would play

Thanks Bob.

No starting with GWM/PAM/Sharpshooter/warcaster/etc for free. Also balances out with the lower point buy.

mega user posted in the old thread what a retard xDxDxDxD

Remove all the psychic shit.

They should look like an actual mystic. They're a more spell-caster version of monks to me.

Order of the Nomad gypsy kleptomaniac who abandoned her studies to go off and use her powers to goof off.

What sort of feet would she have?

>he didn't greentext the link this time
Thank you user

>monk-ish mystics with tattoos

Thank you for the quick-search link for Psionics on the spells tab.

Someone explain Point Buy to me, I've only ever rolled.

This. Even the word "psionic" bleeds of science-fictiony bullshit that doesn't belong in the genre.

>Psionics don't fit Pulp Fantasy
an hero

The thing that actually makes Immortal tough is the free temp hp every round. Being able to pick up Iron Durability as an order bonus is good as well.

Stop getting baited pls

>mind flayers= okay
>githyanki= okay
>sigil= okay
> modrons= okay
>pisionics= REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

shut up, retard

Psionics don't fit in swords and magic fantasy. At least not in the hands of the heroes. They're meant to be strange and alien powers from another realm, if they exist at all. You're never going to read a Tolkien book or Game of Thrones book where the heroes are running around with psychic animu powers.

Someone who looks entirely nondescript and unremarkable, who lives a Spartan lifestyle and takes pride in the fact that he needs absolutely nothing to survive. No weapons, no armor, no comforts. Nothing but his mind.

Then at some point he gets alzheimers because fuck him.

You'll never read a Tolkien book where guys in robes fly around, polymorph into various creatures, and shoot fireballs all over the place because they read a lot of books.

Yet here we are, faggot.

>Psionics don't fit in swords and magic fantasy.
so says the absolute authority on fantasy, an autist on Veeky Forums

Making it painfully obvious he's never read a fantasy book written past the 80s. Psionics was the overwhelming style of "magic" in these stories for the longest time.

>Tolkien
>Game of Thrones
>D&D
You havin a giggle there m8?

>The fuck is Immortal?

Tank, dumbass.

I see you haven't read book 6 of the silmarilion, "lord of the nerd"

Fiu, thank god this is D&D and not Lotr and that shit SoIaF, we would have a problem if there were psionics in there

Psionics are okay in fantasy settings.

>D&D
>Tolkien and Game of Thrones

>You're never going to read a Tolkien book or Game of Thrones book where the heroes are running around with psychic animu powers.
Magic in those sorts of settings, for the heroes, is typically much more subdued and usually more divine in nature, as opposed to D&D with people learning to blow shit up by being a nerd.

Well, I mean I've seen people literally argue that laser rifles and plasma weapons are part of standard fantasy in one of these psionic arguments before, so I guess you're right. People on Veeky Forums have absolutely no idea what genres are :^)

>Less AC than pretty much all the other options
>No way of attracting aggro
>"Tank"

D&D isn't meant to imitate any of those things. It's its own beast, full to the brim with the supernatural in all of its forms. D&D settings are kitchen sink settings and psychic shit is a part of fantasy, like it or not. It's not a part of Tolkein or ASOIAF fantasy but it's still fantasy.

>laser rifles and plasma weapons are part of standard fantasy
They are, if you're reading books, watching movies, or playing fantasy games that are old enough to vote.

>Standard Fantasy
There is no such thing.

It seems like trying to apply the logic of a D&D world to a fantasy series wouldn't actually make for good books.
Are the D&D books shit?