Redpill me on halflings

Redpill me on halflings.

Gary gygax was threatened with a law suit if he used hobbits, so he just changed the name.

Every time I see the 5e halfling art I get massively triggered.

I remember during the playtest stuff when they spoiled the halflings on the forums the ones they had set up so they could allegedly change stuff if people didn't like it and everyone lost their minds over how horrible they looked.

they are the hell that exists between elves and gnomes except they usually exceed at being more jew than dwarves somehow

why are Tolkien's kids such dicks?

they make decent cocksleeves

Like a semi-bearable non constantly stealing kender. Only thing I hate more is gnomes cause they usually are either played for their stat bonus, have weird ass hair or just look offputting like in the Phb

I don't get this redpill thing, can someone give me the rundown?

Redpill me on redpills, senpai.

Originally a reference to the movie "The Matrix". It's basically asking someone to give you the hard-truths about something.

The skinny, the lean beef, the lowdown, the straight dope, the straight jive,

Lucky feat is worth its weight in gold, depending on the gm.

Usually involving questioning basic assumptions. In the Matrix, Neo was asking "why is this happening to me?" Morpheus asked him "How do you know this is happening to you at all?"

That guy never plays one, but that other guy does.

Blue pill me on halflings.

This scene is one of the most iconic moments in all of cinema, so much so that it has been quoted by former President Barack Obama.

It was also a lie.

Both these pills are a false choice. The blue pill keeps you enslaved to The System. The red pill condemns you to a life of suffering where your good deeds are tracked and your extinction is inevitable. In other words, both choices suck.

What the Wackowskis are trying to tell us, at times begging us to understand, is that our options are never limited to the choices laid in front of us. We are free to find our own path.

Besides what others have said, it is also sometimes associated with delusional people who believe they are "red pilled" and know a truth that others aren't privy to. Some may even use the term to deride those they agree with in this manner. That's not relevant in this particular case, but it's a usage you should be aware of for a full understanding of the term.

Let’s follow this through the 3 Matrix films…

>You don’t know what it is, but it’s there. Like a splinter in your mind.

Remember the color theory inside the Matrix films, and how red often represents danger or temptation.

In the scene leading up Morpheus and that red pill, the filmmakers went out of their way to feature red, even more than I’ve highlighted below.

The sense of danger in this sequence is overwhelming - Neo has a gun pulled on him, Morpheus is outlined by ominous lightning & thunder, etc. Even if we argue the story is targeting a young audience who may crave such danger, we cannot ignore the incredible subliminal advertising going on here - the color repetition guides us to make a choice before we even understand it.

>You take the red pill and you stay in Wonderland, and I show you just how deep the rabbit hole goes.

This language is the opposite of what we think happens in the movie - Neo is supposed to be pulled out of Wonderland, out of the fantasy world, not pulled deeper into it.

Consider that, in both sequels, the Oracle offers Neo another red pill.

Movie 1: Neo takes it & swallows it
Movie 2: Neo takes it but doesn't swallow it.
Movie 3: Neo doesn't take the pill at all.
Why?
This is the Oracle’s purpose, the function for which she was created - guide Neo along the Path of the One, into the Architect’s Room where he is meant to go through the left door & allow Zion to be destroyed.

Everything about The One was planned from the start. Their purpose, the consequences of their actions, they are not free. Some fans made this theory of a super-Matrix, that the main characters are not actually free. Ironically, the sequels proved this theory metaphorically true if literally false.

>It was a lie, Morpheus. The Prophesy was a lie. The One was never meant to end anything. It was all another System of Control.

Why is Neo special? It's not that he's aware of the Matrix. It's not that he swallowed the same red pill which so many others have. It's not even being The One as there were many. It's because he rejected other pills & went his own path which no one else has done. He's the first to rejected both pills.

My personal headcanon is that halflings were the first monks.

halflings are gay

>implying the Wachaowkis thought about shit like that when they were ripping off Morrison.

Not the guy who asked the original question, but thanks, user, this has been quite enlightening.

It's ironic how so many miss the message no matter how many times the movies express it. Two lies are presented, one is simply more hidden than the other & people swallow said hidden lie without ever questioning it. For all we know, both pills could have be enough filled with cow semen & people would celebrity swallowing them.

Oh sweet God now I set the attraction of halflings.

let me blow your mind:

search Jemma SG

>What the Wackowskis are trying to tell us, at times begging us to understand, is that our options are never limited to the choices laid in front of us. We are free to find our own path.
>And thus they became crossdressing lunatics

My mind is blown.

Exactly

If their movies were good, I wouldn't care what they dressed like or identified as. If they kept making movies I enjoyed as much as the first Matrix movie, they could be going around stark naked claiming to be shaved lemurs and I'd give them a pass. Instead we get shit like Jupiter Ascending and all I feel is anger and disappointment.

It's because they stopped copying Morrison.

Because, as people will bring up in halfling threads, Hobbits are so specific to Middle Earth that they can't work anywhere else.

>All these halfling "bards" who dumped charisma

I want to make a game where the first intelligent foe the party encounters isn't kobolds or goblins or imps, but a clan of outcasted arse-ugly halfling bards who terrorize villages and farms with their horrible singing and vicious insults, requiring bribes in order to temporarily leave.

You seem to have mistyped Hobbit.

I might be a neckbear, but she's kinda ruined for me after drunk posting a hardcore photo of herself on twitter.

The "Bang Bang" one?

I have to say i'm impressed, I didn't think a thread about hobbits could turn into Matrix chat. Good job lads.

InCase's stuff should do the trick.

Google Buttsmithy

>this is official art

I was disappointed that it wasn't my penis she was riding too, user.

I require proofs

Speed Racer was really good.

Grant or Jim?

they pretend to be naive provincials the better to manipulate politics for their own ends without arousing suspicion