What is corporate life like?

any of you frogs been high up in a large corporation or managed a big financial institution? If so what insight into the world did this experience give you?

big euro bank. bond desk. all smoke and mirrors. the pay is good. good enough to really not want to leave. sucks life from you.

>fairy suits

As if those twats could ever get high up wearing those faggy Peter Pan legging excuses for trousers

mid level analyst here. this is the comfy zone. 100-150k wagie life, doesn't really suck the life out of you, anything lower you get absolutely shit on, anything higher you make bank but you have to sell your soul.

My step brother and his gf works as investors for big banks. Seem to be a draining life. Long, weird hours. They get to wear fancy clothes at work though. It's kind of a eat or be eaten culture. Very hierarchical.

how does it suck the life from you? always hear this from bankers, is it a particular aspect of the work environment or more the work itself?

Microsoft's financial growth accounts team. I liaison directly with the oil and gas industry. Pretty fucking weird and stressful position. It's like being the chaperone or teacher at a middle school dance where the boys and girls obviously like each other but don't want to dance together. Both sides have something that the other likes and wants and there's clear ways for us to cooperate but justifying it with data and emerging technologies is difficult sometimes. I'm adding blockchain to our interests in Q1 though to gain more insider insight and to try to influence some shitcoins.

it's basically the competition of getting those high level jobs, and then keeping them. you have to drink the koolaid and look at everything from the bottom line - so you don't have to be doing anything immoral necessarily, you just lose all sense of empathy. plus the long grueling hours and unrealistic deadlines. if you can't do it they will just replace you with someone that can, so people usually put up with it. a futures trader was on here a day or two ago and was describing actually going blind from stress (ocular migraines).

Nice, give us some hints for big things

you must think of a bank as not one collective workplace, but small fiefdoms ruled by greedy old men. you get to a point where you see that the work you do does not help the bank, but your boss and you have a choice: go along with the schmoozing and get a tiny piece of that pie for yourself (after fighting with the others in your fiefdom for it of course) - or leave and look for a new fiefdom to join.

after a while this constant game of fucking survivor gets tedious, and you realise the extra money doesnt benefit your life. comfy as fuck yes. depressing and time wasting also.

this is why im on biz. crypto trading gives me autonomy and fulfilment. i directly gain and lose. little to no bs. id rather earn less for more freedom.

I'm going to shit all over IOTA and get Sergey to speak at one of our conferences with Satya if I get the chance. Blockchain and LINK in particular has had a natural and organic growth in interest here over the past year. I constantly hear our own engineers and industry business partners discussing it more and asking me if we have a division for it yet. We'll probably be getting on it soon with a public announcement to beat Amazon and Google to the punch. The one area we excel at over other industries is our ability in creating physical, tangible products and real world integrations for our shareholders which will go over great in the crypto world.

what are the hours? do you have to fuck over your co workers?

thats pretty crazy

Interesting, from your personal experience how do you think the average person in these roles ends up? obviously they are all doing everything they can to make bank but are there any patterns in personality types that or other notable characteristics that you associate with people in these roles?

I’m interested in this thread. I work in a warehouse making 11.50 and stressed to my eyeballs in debt but you guys are telling me more money won’t solve my issues and make the stress go away?

>faggy Peter Pan legging excuses for trousers
Wait, what's wrong with the trousers?

cheers for the insight man, hope crypto continues to work out well for you

How do you get jobs like this? Make friends with a Jew and their family? Suck some cocks? TELL ME.

perhaps. financial stress is horrible. i had a lot as a student (poorfag then). but you end up stressing about other things. we're all human - stress is a human instinct and is good at motivating us to make change.

work hard, think of side hustles. always look to improve your return on investment (i.e pay per hour). don't buy/consume more than you need.

You are getting ripped off if you work in a warehouse and only make that much. I also work in a warehouse and make $16 an hour. I think $15 should be the bare minimum for warehouse work.

>what are the hours?

Easily 60-70 hrs+ for any high tier investment role.

Source: went to an Ivy & saw many of my friends go into the field. It's only worth it if you literally don't care about having a life outside work.

study STEM, be social. it's surprisingly easy once you're in.

next level is jewry/old boys comes in. you'll need that to get the 300k + roles

You get a different kind of stress. What will seem odd to you is someone having a bad year and going from 400k to 250k will put them in serious financial jeopardy

Go to a top school, get a beast GPA, and have good social skills.

Went to visit a client for a week in the city of London, they're a mid-size syndicate but not one of the big players.
>Drinking non-stop as soon as you're outside the office even at lunch, they claim most of it on expenses
>Personal appearance is everything: I (a poorfag) bothered to groom myself in the morning. Got a lot more cards and Linkedin contacts from Underwriters and UAs than my lazy upper/middle-class colleagues
>Fucking awful hours
>You will age quicker, I looked like a teenager compared to males and females the same age as me; wrinkles setting in and shit

On the plus side, the offices are comfy as heck - not to mention there was oddly next to no politics. Everyone just wanted to get on with the work.
I could imagine it being totally different in a larger syndicate though.

> Sr Software Dev
> Fortune 100 company
> Great pay
> Cool coworkers
> Cool boss
> Cool office
> Decent projects
> Shitty management and executive team
> Shitty budgeting and planning
> Much stress and overtime

Overall a decent career for a wagecuck

It's not like your pic. It's full of ugly fat people without any sense of how to dress properly.

>sucks life from you.
Not entirely true.

you know. i do only 30/40 hours but it's still life sucking.

i guess with less hours you can just last longer. and if you're stupid enough to put all your eggs in the corporate basket you can probably keep doing it and have a good life.

I'm an accountant at Valve. I considered quitting during my first week after reviewing the financial statements and looking into the accounts of holdings and cash flows. Definitely one of the top companies in the world to work for, if not the top, and they do everything they can to make you happy because they know that they're essentially asking you to give up your life for them. They were right when they said this would be the last place I ever work at.

Why you want to quit?

Im a seasonal temp, man do I want to shoot myself at times.

Pretty senior job for a law firm here, I've worked for large financials and professional services companies. Currently sat in my cosy office working from home.

Something I've learned is the more money you earn, the less stuff you actually have to pay for. I have people buying me meals, and drinks all the time, and the company pays for most of my outings too.

>I think $15 should be the bare minimum for warehouse work.
Fuck off commie

hi, i work at msft as well, the team develops blockchain projects for customers. Still no insight on what shitcoins to buy

Dude. here.
Were you just phoneposting at the Starbucks by the Bellevue Transit Center? I know your office is around here somewhere.

hahaha fuck yes user, GG mate

>asking you to give up your life for them
I understand this is a given in large financial institutions but it seems to me at least in my personal anecdotal experience so many firms expect this. It's really weird .

kek, didn't realise what a cunt

Want to meet up for lunch and discuss? I'll be at building 33 today for a quick conference with the BPM team and to tour with some partners.

If you with a jacket with the upper button that high up or a gay scarf like that, I would immediately fire you.
Fucking Americans with their "class".

Just saw your from Redmond, im in EMEA. One day user, one day.

you can only do it when you're young, then you have to move to something more sensible. average people can't do it, flat out, they will never get hired into those positions. management knows what they want and don't hire people that aren't capable.

it's usually just highly motivated young males in those roles, and the more psychopathic/non-empathetic they are, the farther they go.

U warehouse owner bro?

Freelance software dev with focus on banks and financial services, 250k annually on full load, long 40hrs/week projects. Feels good not being a wagecuck, although you always got that pressure of being freelance, i.e. no job security. Projects are customer facing stuff, keeping it a nice middle ground between creative and hands-on.

fuckin 5th year at an investment bank, shits aids but you get paid so much the rape is almost bearable

All this longass wagecucking with benefits in corporate ladder is nice and all until there comes the day you realise something. Humans are mortal, and for everyone the clock is tickibg so fast. Time on this planet is precious. And not being ones self is not a good use of time at all.

take finance or STEM majors and just fuckin network

im in it to make my cash and leave, i dont even like expensive shit
i can comfortably retire in like 3-4 years and thats already like 20-30 years before most people

There was on this planet Plato. There was Caesar. There was Michelangelo. Also, Einstein and Elvis and Columbus and Tesla. And the Egyptian slaves. That you are . Minus the Pyramids.

Look at these wagecucks work their ass off in corporate, while us real estate NEETS get to live off the land with the help of property managers

or you could do both, like most people do

Cool.

I worked in ATOS (top 3 IT company) as an advisor. Good salary and basically I traded crypto all the time in work. Nice girls as well and a lot of business trips across europe. I worked there like 2 years and now I am full time on crypto.
Cant complain, actually I could back there if they will offer me like x3 old sallary

>"Nice girls"
>IT Company
nice LARP 12 year old

Just like any other company but with better primary and secundary terms of employment
>Lick up and kick down
Be a very social person and do your job than you'll be fine.

There is a point where 250k at corporate for 40 hours week(for 40 years of your life kek) doesn't make sense when you can make $1mil a year working 10 hours a week. Just do an easy job if you're raising your first 100Ks like IT.

What languages? And did you go to college?

dude IT is not only virgin programmers in basement. HR, callcenters etc. Thousands of people work there

And I am 27yo

Probably get free steam codes

yeah dude, exactly what im doing
my passive income rn is only like 4k a month

What languages is not a good question. There are so much more important things beyond languages in computing

shut up virgin get off my board

Ran one of the biggest OTC derivatives portfolio`s for MS from 2002 - 2008 . Was always in meetings with the global heads of the firm and MD`s.
The pay was extremely good but the hours were horrible. The people in the industry were fucking horrible, more so the traditional ibankers then the traders.
Even though the crazy hours social life was good, being young with a lot of risk in the firm caused you to have some sort of fame around the firm.
Ethical standards completely went out the window fucking over customers too save you and the firms skin was normal.

In eu you have to know eng and fr is what companies looks for

>"2002-2008"
hmmmmmmmmmm

Install Gentoo

>MFW I realize that if my crypto gains continue I'll be able to retire on my own and my gains will surpass those of hardcore wagecucks

fuck no i dont know how computers work i just throw my money around when i think numbers are gonna increase and hope for the best

this

gay

you can imagine what happened after, but MS looked after me and i got out easy.

One of my fraternity brothers works at Goyman Sachs. He has nice suits, a kick ass apartment in NYC, a hot girlfriend, and makes bank but he says it's the most depressed he's ever been in his life and he thinks about suicide often. The culture is toxic and you're working 60-70 hour weeks normally, and holidays aren't real unless you're senior in the company. When you're not working you're preparing for work.

Yeah but you need money to pretty much do anything i.e maintaining your existence so you can work a shit paying job that you like for the rest of and cop the negatives that come with that or you can try and get cash fast 93-5years) so you can live the way you want for the rest of ya life. Im going for the later.

I've worked in a big company as a lowest pawn (worse than cleaners, I think), but my workplace was inside an office with senior people, who were doing bigger work, though in a different field. Middle aged guys with decades of experience. From my observation, their work was slavery. The man in charge of the group obeyed a higher entity. They had to endure endless new restrictions, deadlines, they were working overtime. They were screaming often and used curse words.
I think that working in a big business is an endless slavery: there is always a bigger boss, who makes your life a torture. And you are always underpaid, because the standards are always through the roof.

ive been wanting to kill myself since i turned 11

youre not underpaid in finance, its what youre willing to do for that much money

Worked as a CPA in a few firms, then went and put up my own office as a taxation consultant.
I am a Bar passer (Attorney, participated in a few cases but not experienced enough though), and I am a Certified Accountant, but not in murrica since people literally kill themsevles over student loans there
Anyways, living nicely enough financially, not so high that I get death threats, not so low that I can't afford my expensive as fuck anime and vidya.

But it fucking sucks that I am socially awkward outside anything work related. I spill my spaghetti every 5 minutes when talking with women casually. Jesus Christ, I was born to be a loser with women.

I'm a (almost) hopeless hugless kissless virgin at my mid to late 20s.

accountants are gay

How so? Your boss (or the main boss) takes all the profits, and you are forced to do the job for a low pay, because there are millions of people who are competing with you.
I was working in a car insurance company.

businessmen always seem like such beta cucks. people act like they're alpha but the whole environment is about hierarchy and publicly obeying a man above you.

not really, my boss deals with way more responsibility and much much more work than i do also a lot more hours, some of the people i work with make commissions that are higher than the salary of their bosses

But I'm an Accountant, a Lawyer, AND I own a small business (well, my family owns it but you get the idea).

I represent the working man you faggot

As someone who has run my own business since University this stuff always fascinates me.
My job is basically me and two other guys who work under me and are potentially replaceable.
Sometimes I wonder if working in an organization or corporation of some kind would be good since I would meet people. As it stands I make good money, but my friends live far away and I don't really leave the house for anything social more than once every two months. I also never meet women in this situation.

Am I dodging a bullet or missing out? I have no reference point.

My brother seem to work about those hours. In the end, what is the difference between working at a bank and McDonalds? One make more money, but also spends more money. In the end they are both wageslaves.

again, accountants are gay

You're just salty accountancy is too hard for you brainlet

How old are you and where do you live? You just wrote in complete, grammatically correct sentences. I feel like you should be making much more.

My first job was as at a call center in high school doing customer support (2008). They hired almost anyone, and I received $12 / hour after incentives.

i got my CPA at 16 coz my school paid for it, accountants are gay

i meant ACCA qualification

You are probably one of those fags who wears too big suits, god I hate people like you.

jesus christ. i literally see all my fraternity brothers chase investment banking jobs and they literally never sleep now so imagine how badly theyd wanna neck themselves up there.

ill stick to making my 500% gains on imaginary money than be told what to do and be sleep deprived all my life

I'm a corporate drug dealer, I guess. I grow weed commercially and deal with mainly older professionals and surgeons, corporate types are weird and I only see the loosest ones. Seem to have a hard time looking me in the eye or having any kind of genuine conversation, despite me being the least intimidating person imaginable. The stress and monotony seems unreal. I feel crows feet setting in to my luxuriously moisturized face if I have to drive on a highway any time after noon, I can't imagine what the rush hour commute alone would do to you after years as a company man. Workaday shovel-shit lifestyles don't seem worth the damage to your body, that much is for sure. Generally my surgeons are in way better shape than the suits, stress levels seem higher but there's something to say about feeling appreciated.