/pfg/ Pathfinder General

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Monster Races Edition:

Have you ever played a traditionally monster race? What supplement or 3pp book did you use? did it turn out okay?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW (embed)

Avowed Playtest 1: drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Avowed Playtest 2: docs.google.com/document/d/1rV7kaF9JL2gw9xQalkEnlEDL9WXtbsaCqNABm_pLIgc/edit?usp=sharing

Spheres of Might previews:
Part 1: docs.google.com/document/d/1aLaYQEFAWU4zQBx58boJPPaySLgJc0Emmw9eKyIJeGI/
Part 2: docs.google.com/document/d/1pyLq03W2ju58PcKOUq5YXoFowf_weBNzuWtjCMdINXk/edit
Part 3: docs.google.com/document/d/1-LAt9Ti5pcnvHY4KnFRuItCjqtGM-YJC5r_0zXiKKUk/edit
PS: Outdated, playtest should be out next week but that's not a promise.

Bloodforge Infusions updated playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1GvwMclLSw15slYI7D5xLdjMzr-Nau92hNha9Sx0LOk4/edit#

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

drive.google.com/open?id=1NW98K-_vTEnS5ELs6UEZgu2WyMX0-hwrfEoMKGdUXlE
drive.google.com/open?id=1U85TQ-_b_anKdM2O9AzRv0XPxvZTZA9y9w_4GgrAzf0
docs.google.com/document/d/1YbZaK9lW5eaw8xJ7kAOB2HbcA4ac1ypdcl_0nVu9D6s/edit?usp=sharing
docs.google.com/document/d/1VXmJ-2sBdCT7W8gZ6uMYpT4nmVoaT3HBYa_5iyCqAUw/edit?usp=sharing
docs.google.com/document/d/13c-NyasEvB4m7TPpFxBMWIYDOaFV7ak99qW00tuKQq8/edit?usp=sharing
docs.google.com/document/d/1s5BDGbHbBVnoqLpgMAFAlyz2etbaRLcJouVraeJasRI/edit?usp=sharing
docs.google.com/document/d/1jOPSV7xXPDat51PKw4K_4BZFiT4zd3X9P5yYGWk0FGE/edit?usp=sharing
docs.google.com/document/d/1AkUOjgItGhJD_ZEY0woQTPDJWxGorWIAV8Rgp2Bbf80/edit?usp=sharing
docs.google.com/document/d/1KuETPf-GAAXCOixWrP9cgwpPptvsBPdPc8jkXVk3KDk/edit?usp=sharing
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/71015/a-generic-pathfinder-adventure-title
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/67321/legacy-of-blood-and-flame
discord.gg/mMnHWF7
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Howdy /pfg/,

I'm working on material for a bloodborne campaign. Currently doing a bestiary and ran out of creative juice at F, so I decided to drop off new material for ya'll.

New since my last update: the Tomb Prospector archetype and Feat support.

>The Bloodborne Hunter
drive.google.com/open?id=1NW98K-_vTEnS5ELs6UEZgu2WyMX0-hwrfEoMKGdUXlE

>Blood-Addled Hunter
drive.google.com/open?id=1U85TQ-_b_anKdM2O9AzRv0XPxvZTZA9y9w_4GgrAzf0

>Charred Hunter
docs.google.com/document/d/1YbZaK9lW5eaw8xJ7kAOB2HbcA4ac1ypdcl_0nVu9D6s/edit?usp=sharing

>Church Hunter
docs.google.com/document/d/1VXmJ-2sBdCT7W8gZ6uMYpT4nmVoaT3HBYa_5iyCqAUw/edit?usp=sharing

>Tomb Prospector
docs.google.com/document/d/13c-NyasEvB4m7TPpFxBMWIYDOaFV7ak99qW00tuKQq8/edit?usp=sharing

>Vileblood
docs.google.com/document/d/1s5BDGbHbBVnoqLpgMAFAlyz2etbaRLcJouVraeJasRI/edit?usp=sharing

>Bloodborne Feats
docs.google.com/document/d/1jOPSV7xXPDat51PKw4K_4BZFiT4zd3X9P5yYGWk0FGE/edit?usp=sharing

>Sample Creature - Father Gascoigne
docs.google.com/document/d/1AkUOjgItGhJD_ZEY0woQTPDJWxGorWIAV8Rgp2Bbf80/edit?usp=sharing

>Sample Hunter - Bone Ash Hunter
docs.google.com/document/d/1KuETPf-GAAXCOixWrP9cgwpPptvsBPdPc8jkXVk3KDk/edit?usp=sharing

Feedback is always welcome!

Old thread

>thicc paladins
>unshorn fetlocks
>come hither elvish features
>fat centaur girldicc

still better than gnomes

Can we assign/revoke thread making privileges?
I think that would help things out, like getting this OP to stop ever making threads.

HELP
E
L
P

We need something new and fun to talk about, so tell me about a character of yours, then change some element of their backstory and give us a "What if?" scenario of how it radically changes how their life plays out.

Run a game with this. Please.

Shilling my E8 Eberron game again:

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/71015/a-generic-pathfinder-adventure-title

Something something the adventure is going to involve the Mournlands and the countries around it etc. Probably going to be a whole lotta fun.

Should I take a feat that'll do virtually nothing for me except add a lot of flavour?

LIKE, A LOOOOOOT OF FLAVOUR?

>E8
>killing fun

>dat subuttle attention whoring hook
You won't catch me! Others may be all pic related, but I see your ploy!

I do plan on it, and /pfg/ will be welcome to apply so long as they can follow the rules.

Still, many moons from now. Originally it was tentatively planned as a Halloween game. Now it'll come along as soon as I get things done. To-do list is still creatures and some adventure planning, which I'm not sure how fast I'll be able to get done.

Do it. Flavor is nice.

I want to marry a traditional monster race!

I want to marry you!

Ploy? I have no ploys for /pfg/. My ploys are for others, for those that can appreciate them!

But I wanted to marry you!

You're already IN a marriage

If my half-elf had never taken up residence in Korvosa, he would never have lost his wife and child to the plague that happened at the start of CotCT, and he would have never had his breakdown that led him to the wonderful child he has now. Of course, maybe he would have been a REAL FUCKING ALCHEMIST THEN

I accept! Let us begin making preparations, my dear.

>ywn find a campaign where you can be a proper Orc(or Oggr, because Orcs suck dick mechanically)

>Centaur x Lamia

Pls

Why not ask the Paula Deen Library game user if you can play an orc in his game to ravage all the waifus applying.

>Paula Deen Library
kek

Job-like in patience.

I get the idea that RoryAnon is good at whining, from what I've caught glimpses of in the thread and on the Discord. But he also gives the impression of being flighty, irresponsible, and likely to go back on his word.

For example: Blood Mountain updates are always "Soon (tm)" and in the meantime he just bitches about his dick and tries to get other people to admit that their character might be related to Rory.

It can happen! Love is blind!

I need to be free Linda! Free to love freely!

Anyone have a DPR calculator that they feel like sharing so I can measure my E-Peen?

Are you making a game or something?

Go ahead and take it, what's the worst that could happen? You just take about half an Iron Will and half an Improved Initiative.

>It can happen! Love is blind!

user... You know what we call Lamia girls with Centaur stallions?

Cock socks.

/pfg/ has a Discord now? What happened to the IRC?

Is that CoC forced transformation game, forced transformation really isn't my thing and I doubt other players would like having their characters

If you've a point, plase make it quickly. The love of my love is running off with some floosy human!

Can someone tell me what it's like to have players that are actually invested in their characters and actively try to roleplay?

>and I doubt other players would like having their characters
Raped. I doubt other players would like having their characters raped by a PC.

Literally everyone has said they're down for the Monster D. And Orcs count as monsters!

IRC is kill, all the cool kids have been on Discord for a while.

Look, what traits are you looking at that would make you want more then 2-3?

There are Very few that would be worth a feat. Defensive Strategist being Maybe one of them.

See Right now I'm just sharing the content because there's interest in it.

I dunno, I only hang out in the IRC rooms for games I'm applying to/in.

Is three feats worth it to get Wis to damage if I already have Wis to attack, AC, and Initiative?

usually its pretty fucking terrible

That and I'm honestly not down with ERP beyond a general "and then they fucked".

Might consider it though. I'm kinda thirsty for a game.

>tfw been gone for ages and now everything is different

This is what Rip Van Winkle felt like.

Damn right there is. You're doing gods work user. Its just a damn shame most DMs wont probably allow it.

Both IRC and discord are active now.

Slightly different crowd/tone in each.
I suspect neither will die out especially since devs only go to the IRC

Well, good luck either way.

I'm taking a really awesome trait to get Perform as a class skill and get a +1 to it and then I'm going to take Agile Dancer so I'm really, really good at dancing!

Uselessly not, unless you don't have anything else want to do with those feats.

dude just let it fucking go, let the people who actually have to play with the fucker sort him out

Legacy of Blood and Fire GM here. Ask me whatever.

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/67321/legacy-of-blood-and-flame

Devs may go to the IRC but the GMs go to Discord.

Spheres pls?

So even more reason to ignore the discord for the IRC?

It's something I'm considering, but I've honestly been living in a bubble of "Paizo-only" games for so long that I'm still getting my head wrapped around it.

For anyone who wants to use Spheres, don't scrap your character just yet.

Well no wonder I didn't see any devs in the threads anymore. That and seeing that apparently /pfg/ has games now, and I was starting to think I'd wandered into some parallel universe's /pfg/.

What's the Discord server link?

I'm no floozy! My love is pure!

We're not so far removed from Golarion that the pantheon has changed at all are we?

Is there any possibility of trading out the VMC for something else?

Such is the fate of homebrew. There was one group last time I posted that playtested and gave me some good feedback. Input like that really gives me what I need to keep working on it, which is great.

Why wouldn't you just choose those as your First set of Traits?

Because I'm using one of those traits to get a Racial (for later in the campaign) and another for Unorthodox Technique, silly! That leaves me with a third, but I don't want to just take Perform and I don't want to just take Agile Dancer, so I've gots to take them both! Both!

Assume everything else in Golarion is the same. I'm still in the process of scrubbing the setting document for mention of the homebrew campaign "Katapesh" used to be a part of.

The VMC stays--just pick something that's not too complicated if it worries you.

But if anybody knows a good source for VMCs that aren't included on d20pfsrd, let me know and I'll give them a look over, see if they seem acceptable.

Do you not have access to Mithral Current?

Nooooooope! Warlords don't get that fancy stuff.

Here's a permanent link: discord.gg/mMnHWF7

What level do you intend to go to here? It sounds like you're modifying the original AP a lot.

We're starting at 3 because honestly, I don't mind upping the starting power level. The campaign might go into the range of level 17-19, but is unlikely to hit 20.

>mithral current
>without being a Bushi

Why would I want to be a Bushi, senpai?

Because you want to be a dancing warlord.

I won't be joining because schedule conflicts, but I'm still curious if you plan to modify the start of the campaign to be more difficult on account of the higher starting level, or just let the party cruse through the campaign's start on easy modo?

How do you cure someone else's depression, /pfg/?

>Hard Mode: as a non-fullcaster
>Dante Must Die Mode: as a 1pp martial

Is your DM allowing Martial Traditions?

>tfw you'll never do pic related with Rory cause you didn't get accepted

NO!

Death cures all status conditions, including depression.

There are parts of the campaign's early stages that will go unmodified because they'd be annoying or difficult even for a strong party.

Others will be changed to account for the increased power level. Or just because there needs to be something more interesting going on.

>watching a session in progress
>the party fought centipedes/bugs named bellyborers who do what their namesake suggests and lay eggs in you
>one of the party members get that happen to her

Hmm...not sure if this is entering GM's magical realm or not, while he denies it because he finds bugs disgusting, it makes one wonder

They won't feel shit if they're dead

>Hard Mode
Solacer Bard

>Dante Must Die
Exemplar Brawler to inspire competence

>wanting to do anything with memedog
>after he just fucking dumped the logs of his last lewd into a public place WITHOUT THE OTHER PERSON'S PERMISSION

Pick Rogue, then:
>Profession: Cook
>Profession: Counseler
>Perform: Comedy
>Diplomacy

Apply tender love and care, and help them find something they can enjoy doing. And/or Stab them to death to end their suffering.

>implying that doesn't make it more exciting

Because you want to be fucking WEEB.

Start as an Ifrit
16-18 reflex (+3-4 init)
Take the racial that grants you +4 init
Diviner Wizard (+3 Init by level 7)
Reactionary trait (+2)
Compsognathus familiar (+4)
Dusty Rose Ioun stone (+1)
Potentially wasting 60% of your WBL at level 7 just to get Dueling spiked gauntlets (+4)
If some form of prebuffing is allowed, Anticipate Peril (+5)

That's just staying PFS legal with a Wizard, though.

I meant 16-18 Dex, sheesh

The memedog is very much learning and feels genuinely repentant, and said partner is willing to forgive and all. It's alright.

Are there ways to get a Collective aside from DSP classes of Vitalist, Tactician and Zealot?

Collective is super useful but being attached to classes that are rather inefficient makes one doubt

Stop bringing attention to yourself, even as self-pity. That's all people want.

Ask your GM.

>intent to run a game with it
Great, now i'm gonna have to lurk pfg until that shows up.
You bet your saintly ass I'm gonna be the first to apply.

But you took -2 wis and +2 cha to get that, plus as you said, used a huge portion of your WBL though to be fair I wasted a ton of my WBL on a Headband of Wisdom +4. so what's the rest of your build looking like?

Different player, dude.

Having now taken a good look at Spheres of Power, I'm going to allow it.

Not gonna lie, I don't have it in me to post ERP logs but I'd be pretty excited if someone posted mine here without telling me.

To be fair I'm much more likely to sympathize with him than I am with some randos who are salty FOR the other player, especially when people like you are publicly calling him out and he only shows up when that happens.

Do you actually tell your ERP partners that? Because the assumption of any sane person would be that you keep that shit private unless they say they're cool with it.

The same way we cure everything else. By removing the head, or destroying the brain.

>he gets it
It's not just that, but the risk too of logs being posted is exciting. Even if it doesn't happen, knowing that at any moment people will know how much a deviant you really are...

>he doesn't get it
You're such a stick in the mud. You'll never get a girlfriend with that attitude.