Worldwide Cyberpunk Thread

Burgers are offline post cyberpunk

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1cMsbLUgabxgvs5Y0Hr3j8_a70kbUz88vLBem9VGGQJM/edit
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>burgers are offline

Hey, it's only 7 PM here in California!

Then again, we are officially part of Japan now.

I hope you're enjoying such places as whatever the Japanese renamed San Francisco. You're just in time to see a dump of never before seen cyberpunk pics

>Commiefornia
ftfy

And who the fuck is offline tea drinker?

Wow, you're really hostile. Slot in a BTL chip and relax, user.

user, there is no BTL chip that can beat my actual life.

Cyberpunk well be fun in places like Moscow and NYT but you know where it'll be REALLY fun? Big fucking mega cities in shitty third world countries. That is cyberpunk my friends, you can keep your shiny first world commercial echochamber, I'll take the Brazilian failed police state with its backalley prosthetic implants/handjobs

>there is no BTL chip that can beat my actual life.

Are you SURE you're cyberpunk enough to be in this thread?

Child soldiers with prosthetic bodies for enhanced fighting abilities

I for one can't wait for backalley prosthetic handjobs.

Just don't need junk to get my rocks off. Especially since I have the net.

I get this shit off the net that you can jack right into your neck-port and it's like 50 cc's of pure bliss hardlined right into your spinal implants

Those are some fucked up arms user, looks like you got a bad job. Anyway, better to be in my right mind when the corps come looking for me.

This thread died quickly...

I was distracted by swordartonline which is a real thing in the year 20XX

>user is online

is that a pro Genji?

No life like net life... amiwright?

>who's to say your world's any realer than mine

What are you on about?

Who are you guys rooting for in the next mod fight. Pic related, she's gonna win

Im gonna be buying the cyberpunk 2020 core book soon and am wondering if any of the supplements are worthwhile, any recs?

>America
>first world

u wot

depends how you're running it really, if you're sticking true to the [now] alternate universe where technology advanced differently, fax machines, big chunky cell phones, nothing is wireless - then most of them are pretty decent, I really like Land of the Free, and the supplement Home of the Brave.

If you're going more Deus Ex-y/modern cyberpunk, then most of the adventures, and the corebook itself will require a lot of tweaking

Im gonna be running the classic style, with a heaping of ties into other cool sci-fi stuff i like

cool man, I'm gonna be running mine classic too. i'm writing a UK setting myself right now (the UK sourcebook is a bit, convoluted, for my tastes), gonna be starting in a few weeks i reckon.

Im planning on using Night City, though Euro cyberpunk is an interesting setting. Planning on throwing Escape from NY and Total Recall in as canon with some corps from the Alien universe

See I haven't used any plot from any of the sourcebooks. I've made the UK cut off from foreign media aside from smuggling newspapers and illegal sattelite dishes, pretty much so I don't have to worry too much about what the rest of the world is like yet.

Going heavy on the dystopia, i like it, im guessing paranoia is gonna be a big factor in the campagn?

i'd say it's more of a, public banding together to fuck up the system - the government keeps going to more drastic measures to contain the populous. I'm doing a sort of neo-feudalism thing, i made a thread asking for help with it a few weeks ago. I can link what i've written if you like, it's nearly done, but i'm gonna do some heavy editing with a lot of critique from others, because i know a lot of it might not really make sense realistically.

Hook me up man, im always down for cool or interesting ideas, might even incorporate a few

>neo-feudalism
This already more or less exists, just replacing kings and lords with governments and corporations complete with the occasional usurpation and looking out for #1

Corporations basically are a fuedal system

docs.google.com/document/d/1cMsbLUgabxgvs5Y0Hr3j8_a70kbUz88vLBem9VGGQJM/edit

heeyar lad

one of my favourite ideas that I haven't put in this document is "Football is more popular than ever and has become an almost sacred event where fan violence is not tolerated and this is enforced by the gangs themselves (think of it as being like the Sunday truce on The Wire). In fact, on game days, gangs will often be seen drinking and celebrating with each other (think of it as being like the Christmas 1914 truce)."

>This already more or less exists
what's your point? If it exists already it can't exist in this setting with a different skin over it? I just think it's cool to have people in the dark-future calling themselves kings and lords and barons and so on, is it wrong to try and write a setting that leads to something i think is cool happening?

Man can only imagine rivalries with Rugby fans

>an almost sacred event where fan violence is not tolerated and this is enforced by the gangs themselves (think of it as being like the Sunday truce on The Wire). In fact, on game days, gangs will often be seen drinking and celebrating with each other (think of it as being like the Christmas 1914 truce)."

So it's sort of like a Suicidal Tendencies concert in L.A. back in the day, huh?

idk man it's not my idea, it was suggested by someone else. also idk what the fuck you're talking about but i'll look it up

The explosives system from Listen Up You Primitive Screwheads is much better than the core one, Blahand's Guide to Street Weapons is really handy, and most of the rest depend on what you're going to be doing with it.

>Football is more popular than ever and has become an almost sacred event where fan violence is not tolerated and this is enforced by the gangs themselves
>confused Englishman noises

Crips and Bloods would both attend Suicidal Tendencies concerts, and there was a sort of general truce over the whole concert.
Mind you, this was to great extent created by a third group, who called themselves the Suicidals, who were mostly made up of older gangsters who were fanatically devoted to the band and had a reputation for coming down hard on anyone, Crip or Blood, who tried to start shit at a concert.

In the late 80s, L.A. tried to get Suicidal Tendencies concerts banned in the city due to fear of the large gatherings of gang members that would show up.

forgive me for being an uncultured swine, but why were crips and bloods interested in going to suicidal tendencies concerts? weren't they like, generally all gangsters a-la hip hop and rap?

Well I guess that's the thing about stereotypes, they're lazy mental shortcuts that miss out on the complexity of real people.

on the contrary, i can gather that there would've been a fair amount of bloods and crips who liked the band. but i find it a bit shocking that there were that many, so much that it became a known thing. Like I'm just imagining like, south-london grime gangsters being all into carly rae jepsen, so much so that they're all just like "yeah she's cool"