That DM that makes it so ice cream exists in the setting

>that DM that makes it so ice cream exists in the setting

Other urls found in this thread:

idfa.org/news-views/media-kits/ice-cream/the-history-of-ice-cream
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Woo icecream!

Already done by my DM.

Expensive as all hell, it's not easily made.

Now if magic got involved, I suspect that would be different but it seems to be a bit limited.

Oh man that sounds great, I love ice cream.

The Romans had it.

But yeah, your pic looks sooo goood.

Sounds pretty cool OP.

Are those fucking churros as the cones?

Ice cream is just cream that's iced. Hence the name.

it looks more like a glazed donut

More importantly, what kind of alcohol is in the syringes?

Some kind of liqueur or rum maybe?

Is it alcohol?

I thought they might be emergency insulin.

It's chocolate...

back up. back up. donut cones?

DONUT CONES

>hey son heard you like chocolate

Think it might be caramel.

Its diarrhea

I wonder what flavor that ice cream is. Looks like coffee

I thought those were little plastic swords from the thumbnail and now I'm disappointed.

its actually heroin
only problem is sticking it close to that icecream will make it impossible to inject

I'm from the UK and literally what the fuck is this?

What?

What even is that?

Coffee ice cream in a donut cone would make a lot of sense.

HAH!
CLASSIC BLUNDER!

I'm from the US and even though I've never seen such a thing before, I can use basic observation to see that it is ice cream in some sort of glazed pastry cone, with a topping sauce in a syringe.

cultural "food"
here's one from canadia (be glad i didnt post poutine)

this

Sounds comfy, I'm assuming you're talking about a fantasy setting where you assume ice cream wouldn't exist despite it exist despite it existing in many ancient societies, plus the addition of magic would probably make the process even easier. Imagine a wizard or alchemist running a magic ice cream shop, that'd be pretty comfy.

Maple syrup, clearly.

what the fresh fuck, Canada

peanut butter cups and beef just don't mix.

Jesus, why would I be glad you didn't post poutine, that stuff is actually good unlike the horror you posted.

It'd be cooler if it were an alchemist experimenting with different ingredients and chemicals to create the perfect frozen treat.

Poutine unsettles me. Something about the way it looks, and also the fact that it has "curds" in its description.

I have negative associations with that word.

I dunno, something about a wizard mastering the arcane arts only to make ice cream to make people happy is really nice, plus a Wizard ice cream shop could have all sorts of cool magic shit going on, floating chairs, self controlled brooms cleaning up, little ice cream golems doing work around the shop.

Are you from turkey?

No, America.

Why?

>curds
>Kurds
C'mon son.

kek

the dastard

ohhhhhh

Sounds like more of a This DM than a That DM.

Good job user

Might be a monkey's paw situation...

>that stuff is actually good
What ? No it's not, what the fuck

Maybe it's because I'm an exiled frog, thought.

It's fucking good and you know it

Seen the pic before, think the OP said it was caramel or some shit

You ever try it? Peanuts and beef are good together, as is beef with some sweetness to it.

Foods like this always make me feel sick looking at them. Like, goddamn, way too sweet.

You win

Ewww. We make such culinary abominations that only people who wish to abuse their bodies will ever consume.

It seems to be coffee/caramel flavoured ice cream inside of cones made of glazed donuts and topped off with syringes filled with liquid caramel.

It's the kind of food that you find at American county fairs and what rural Americans believe to be unique American cuisine.

Rural American here.

Wrong on all counts.

Presumably it's adrenaline for them to resuscitate you with after you've eaten that thing.

Well then, Jethro; what IS this sugar-nado made of?

it's gravy

It's caramel you fuckwits

Mine was a joke.

Ice cream and a pastry? I've never seen it before.

If it were fair food, that donut cone would be fried, it would be chocolate or vanilla ice cream, and the caramel would be slathered all over it, not in a syringe for you to dispense at your leisure.

Fuck, first Japan and now you Canada? I thought at least our northern neighbors wouldn't try and step on our game. I'm calling Texas; it's evident that we have not quite invented the stupidest burger.

Yet.

Jesus Christ I got diabetes from just looking at that picture.

>Apparently REAL American Faire food is OP's pic, but deep fried and covered in caramel

Jesus Christ man. No wonder obesity is running rampant in your country. Please tell me that these things are only made once a year.

Yeah, it's true, fair food has been deep fried ridiculous shit for years now, and it's generally a once a year thing. People don't eat that stuff regularly. (Well there's probably some lardass out there who does, but not typical people. Even the fat ones)

Deep fried ice cream, deep fried bacon, deep fried something I ran over on the way here. It's crazy.

My hypothetical fair equivalent isn't real. As far as I know, at any rate.

Oh, Thank God for that, then. I've heard stories of deep fried Twinkies, Luthors, and some restaurant out west that either won't let you in/will let you eat for free if you're over 140-180 kg.

So long as those things are rare, then you haven't completely fallen into a hellscape of fatness.

Doesn't the UK have a higher obesity rate than America?

See, American junk food I get. It's often horrifying and excessive, but mostly in a "All the savory rich things mashed together that to fulfill your darkest desires, at the small price of your health" way. But when I see Canadian junk food, I just get confused as to why anyone would want that, and I'm pretty sure this isn't the first time I've had this reaction. I don't think I've ever in my life thought that what my onion ring burger needed was chocolate and peanut butter. Then take poutine, and I find myself asking why anyone would want to put GRAVY all over what is supposed to be a finger food? If you've made it so that fries need to be eaten with a knife and fork, you've done something wrong.

That's because we love lard, ale, and don't have much room to exercise in.

I remember someone once joking that Canadians are Americas who are just too far away from anyone to tell them to stop when it comes to their food.

I've been working a spell into my campaign.
-causes hallucination making effected individual detect motion in their periphery
-successful check reveals chocolate taffy chews
-chocolate taffy chews disappear as soon as anyone gets close enough to investigate

I'm really just waiting around for one of the players to finally say "whatever it is I think I see becomes a tootsie roll to me".

I started bringing tootsie rolls to sessions to see if anyone will pick up on it.

They're still after this phantom wizard as a recurring sub-plot character.

I have a tootsie-roll golem for them to fight after they finally track down the wizard.

American fair food is an abomination against man and God alike. I say this as an American who has been to a couple of county fairs in my day. Funnel cakes are so good, but they're the devil.

You're probably thinking of the Heart Attack Grill in Las Vegas, where the 'vegetarian' menu consists entirely if cigarettes.

This feels true.

>Hey potatoes threads are great. I know I'll make them better.
Good job.

Seems the most likely

>tootsie roll golem
What system are you using?
Basing it off of what other golem?

>$15.98
That's only like $12 in real money, but still what the hell.

It's just cold flavored milkcurd. If your setting has milk, ice, salt and sugar in it, some apprentice confectionairre should stumble upon the recipe.

Some form of ice-based treat has been around since even the Egyptians, but Gelato as we know it today has been invented somewhere during the Renaissance. So even if you're anal about plausibility, it's entirely appropriate for your guys in full plate armor to enjoy a cold pistachio gelato. Of course, until very recently these cold treats were limited to the very rich.

That of course makes it look like you don't think someone donning full plate isn't stacked.

If he were, he'd be supporting ices.

>anyone would want to put GRAVY all over what is supposed to be a finger food
You mean to tell me you don't dip your chicken strips and french fries in chicken or white gravy?

AWESOME
And also, ice cream has a longer history then you'd think; the earliest examples of what would eventually become modern ice cream (as opposed to just crushed ice with fruit or honey on it) was in the 16th century, and even in those records it shows that it had been around for a little while.

It's not the modern stuff by any means but it's still recognizably ice cream.

idfa.org/news-views/media-kits/ice-cream/the-history-of-ice-cream

Dip is the key word here.

Italy was sort of the exception on that front.
You could also be massively in debt and plated.

Landowners the world over were often in debt, that'll happen when you want to live lavishly, be able to afford to host your liege, and still maintain your stuff.

You could always borrow on that ice cream.

Your pic looks like shit on more shit

best DM

could be Nutella. While in Aus we saw a coffee and donut stall that served donuts with nutella syringe like that to just squirt on your delightful donut
>mfw saw a woman squirting the syringe into her kids mouth
>suckled the nutella out the syringe like a pig being bottle fed at a sanctuary
>mfw no face

that's why its so popular in German :^)

No, but it's getting very close

That restaurant is in vegas, and it's not called the Heart Attack Grill for nothing.

A couple of people have actually had heart attacks there, but the advertising and branding is all very clear - it's bad shit and you knew it coming in.

Cheesy chips with gravy isn't unusual though, Canada's just being weird with the cheese

>ice cream is a form of currency

>If it were fair food, that donut cone would be fried, it would be chocolate or vanilla ice cream, and the caramel would be slathered all over it, not in a syringe for you to dispense at your leisure.
This. No fair stand would waste money giving syringes out with each order.

The ice cream may also be fried.

someone post the poutine webm.

You know the one.

That is why I don't take candy from necromancers anymore

Wax golem, obviously.

my DM made gelato a thing in this city-state called Viven, which is basically an Italy-analogue.

/thread