Gear thread?

Gear thread?
I love this type of stuff where gear or items are drawn out.

All that I got

I have two.

One.

Two.

This stuff is pretty sweet. What are some less-known pieces of gear that you like using?

I've always been a fan of very minorly magic items, like the adamantine nail in PF. Creative uses abound.

Dumping what I've got

>Here's your sword, your bow, some arrows, a helmet...oh, and nearly forgot, a giant pointy log. Very important that one!

Never underestimate the use of a large pointy stick.

Where the monkey skulls at?

couple here

And I'm spent. Unless you guys want pics of mainly weapons and armor

>The Face of the Forbidden Tickle

Morrowind was so gloriously fucked up.

indeed

These seem really interesting... Mind describing them, user? Pretty please?

Rollin'.

>3.0
>spent many hours looking at chapter seven as a young lad.

>legacy items handbook

(Yew)

if you like this stuff find this artist hchom, she posts a lot of collected item stuff
too lazy to post right now sorry

What's the box with the hook near the middle right?

Much like the rock on a rope, these items are infinitely useful.

It's to stop enemy cavalry running you the fuck over, user

Unfortunately I saved that pic from another thread a long time ago and never saved the descriptions for the items. I would say just use your imagination and make up your own uses for the items.

what, never gone vampire hunting before?

>greed stone
>shaped like a Jewish nose
Edgy

Aside from bucklers, were round, kite and heater shields ever made of metal?

Bag of holding contents.

I'm not an arms and armor historian, but my understanding is that shields that are anything besides tiny bucklers are always of significant weight. It's not something you'd want to move to intercept and deflect blows with in battle for very long, and it's not something you'd want to carry around on long marches (much of what soldiering was about). That said, not having a shield was considered incredibly reckless and thus rare outside of the latter more recent centuries. So trying to limit the weight was always a factor. Bronze is heavy, and Iron is heavy so other materials were used as possible to limit the weight.

Polybius gave a description of the early scutum. He wrote that it was oblong and had a convex surface 2 ½ feet wide and four feet long. It was "made of two planks glued together, the outer surface being then covered first with canvas and then with calf-skin. Its upper and lower rims are strengthened by an iron edging which protects it from descending blows and from injury when rested on the ground. It also has an iron boss (umbo) fixed to it which turns aside the most formidable blows of stones, pikes, and heavy missiles in general." Polybius, The Histories, 6.23.2-4

I hope I get the cleanliness amulet for easy God like power, since cleanliness is godliness

There is nothing about that rapier that is correct.
The length is to short, the blade is both shaped wrong and is only stifle edged, the grip is wrong, and the hand guard is completely wrong

In Sparta

That's because it's mislabeled. It's not a rapier, but a cutlass.

What do you expect from someone who clearly wants you to commit suicide by direflail.

svhrp;ll

That is a fire steel, flint, and tinder box.

Ohhh. Thanks.

These threads are my favorite image threads.

Looking it up, two anons (presumably the artist) have posted these descriptions:
>Acid bubbler can melt stone, greed stone allows you to dowse for valuable minerals (they work great together).
>Cuttle hat lets you breath underwater and control your buyancy. It can also spray toxic blinding ink.

The rest was never explained.

Rollio

0's for q.t. golems.

>A thin sheet of bronze over a mostly wooden construction is: "made of metal".
>"I watched 300, I know stuff"

Mostly right, other then during the late middle ages early renaissance most shields were beginning to be abandoned, as the armor on knights had become so heavy and thick everyone just ran around with greatswords or whatever big ass weapon they had handy. Also most of the armies used pikes or bardiches or big ass polearms so they really had no use for shields. But overall a pretty good answer, user.

What is this, Ancient Greece meets fallout?

Not fantasy, but here goes:

Pipes for every occasion.

rollin!

>Liquid ice
Fucking wizards

But that's alchemy, non-wizards can make it.

I have more individual weapons and items if anyone is interested.

>Epic Battle Fantasy

Good taste. Do you've any concept art of it, or just ripped assets?

I just have random shit I've saved from here and elsewhere.

Rawling

In every single one of my games that I DM, the first magical item that my players encounter is what I call a rag of cleaning.
Basically, its just a rag that applies the 'clean' effect of prestidigitation to anything it wipes.