archive.4plebs.org/tg/search/text/greathelm/type/op/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>frogposting
>2017

> blatant faggotry
> the current year

>using a sword
>when spears are available

This sets off my autism as well, but it turns out that the great helm was used for longer than I thought. I assumed it was dropped by the 1300s but I think it was still being used into the early 15th century.

That is a late 14th century picture

Thanks for clarifying. Presumably similar armour would have feasibly been used in the early 15th then, if only because 'outdated armour is better than no armour,' right?

Please, stop frogposting.
If your point is to prove you are a faggot, that point was proved years ago.

I would totally be fine with it, especially in a fantasy setting, even if im aiming for some amount of "realism"

Lol why are you so assmad about a picture of a frog?

I have yet to see this ever, in any media.

Unless you're assuming anything even semi-plated is 15th century+, which is possible, given that you're a retard.

What's wrong with that?

There is no evidence for this at all and it is purely supposion with no basis - all illustration and evidence of the contemporary period rejects that notion. The only place where greathelms remained were possibly on a tourney field, but became increasingly displaced by bascinets and then frog-mouthed helms in the 15th century.

So what did happen to outdated armour sets like those? Did they just get put on a manequin in the owner's house or castle and left there forevermore? Were they really so ineffective compared to the latest armour and weaponry that they'd see no use at all?

archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/52122942/#52122942

Why does this trigger you user?

archive.4plebs.org/tg/search/text/greathelm/type/op/

You're giving power to Kek. Just look, you posted his idol and got dubs.

Yes. The minority of families (the nobillity) that could afford armour like that easily would have transitioned from a greathelm that had been obsolete since the introduction of the bascinet. Easily. Greathelms in the late 15th century were still nostalgic for the joust, however - in open battle they are inferior.

Kek cannot be denied.

14th century*

Why did the bascinet make the great helm obsolete? Better at deflecting blows, right?

Would armours like those I posted earlier have been used in battle at all, seeing as they have great helms but bascinets would definitely have been around by then, or would they have just been show pieces?

Wow, I didn't know frogposters were this fucking sad.

The crested tops tell you everything.

Fair enough. What were crests even made of? Cast metal? Wood?

Greathealms are superior to whatever stupid bullshit you like. Probably that stupid looking frog helmet