mediafire.com/folder/drb4mezm6792i/not_citadel_nothing_to_see_here

>Paint range compatibility chart across manufacturers
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Paint_Range_Compatibility_Chart

>Painting Videos only
mega.nz/#F!fkcliY4L!mhdmIs2lT3mFG3VwoLO8Qw
mega.nz/#F!XEJSFDCL!9ZZKiLi6M_wguI1uTpyjPg
mega.co.nz/#F!WUsUlSLb!556OumKLhusFd9Fw5dBMdA

>DIY Lightbox
[YouTube] Build A Light Box On The Cheap, Take Gorgeous Photos! (embed)

>DIY Spraybooth
starshipmodeler.com/tech/pa_booth.htm

>How to Moldlines
[YouTube] Removing mold lines from models (embed)

>Fuckin Magnets how do they work?
[YouTube] How to Magnetize a Tyranid Carnifex (embed)
miniwargaming.com/magnet-guide
bolterandchainsword.com/topic/297605-tutorial-magnetisation/

>List of mini manufacturers for converting and proxy
pastebin.com/p6bVhGsg (embed)

>Stripping Paint
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Dakka_Modeling_FAQ:_How_to_Strip...

>On the consequences of insufficient ventilation
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronic_solvent-induced_encephalopathy
hse.gov.uk/pubns/indg273.pdf

>This planet is ours, witch!
[YouTube] Dawn of War 2 UNCUT Original Opening Cinematic (embed)

>Previous Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

games-workshop.com/en-GB/Mangler-Squigs?_requestid=18202571
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for First Legion Best Legion

2nd for duncan-sama

Wait, so the boy is holding the brush correctly? I thought that you were supposed to hold paint brushes like you would a pencil.

that is how some people hold pencils

it's unorthodox but not wrong exactly

>Someone saved my dank maymay and its again an op image

You ever have something really small cheer you up? My coats came out smooth and now this, im in a good mood today.

POST YOUR CURRENT PROJECTS SO I CAN BASK IN YOUR DAY AS WELL

Also i hope you all have a great, tabletop standard day. Keep up the good work guys

HERES MY CURRENT PROJECT BRO

I'm gonna start converting a mr potato head into a stompa

Am currently painting some blood bowl dudes, finished the test model and am working on the others

Trying to finish about 3 models an hour

YOUR CHAOS DORF IS RAD, MAN. FULL PLATE DORFS ARE BEST DORFS
'MISTA DAKKA 'ED REVVIN UP'
BEEN SEEING THIS FOR A WHILE, AND WISH I COULD GET THIS QUALITY. YES IM JELLY.

THANKS MAN, I AGREE, FULL PLATE IS BEST

Painted my very first SC. I tried to use Duncan' tutorial on the Emperor's sword to get a flaminf sword and it turned out like shit so went back to dark metal. Kinda tempted to try and make the next sword volcanic like the base and shield, but I fear it'll end up looking like a club.

C&C always welcome, but do note that I know I missed highlights on the armour.

I would recommend staying away from pure white if you are just starting to paint.

white is very hard to paint, especially on dark models, its tempting, but usually does not work

go with grey instead.

Just finished my reaver jetbikes squad(s) for the Inner Circle.

Thoughts?

decent, but the yellow seems thin

Im sure you applied like 10 trillion coats of yellow, but the real trick is to start with a darker yellow and work up to a lighter yellow, it reduces the ammount of coats ten fold.

I started with 2 layers of averland sunset, then another 2 layers of yriel yellow

I-I did use grey. Standard Celestra grey and Ulthuan grey, but I kinda fucked ut on the belt with a bad wash. And it's not my first model either.
Oh well, at least I know I can get better.

>Name thyself a postulant to the church of Duncan
>Do not thin thy paints

The cracked lava effect looks good though

First time trying kitbashing. I think it went rather well.

these new dwarf models though

>dwarf

for the sake of all dwarfs everywhere, never call them that again.

Get a finer chain.

so, are the Squads getting new models?, and their own Space Marine Chapter too?

>mold lines on the chain
Clean those up and/or get a finer one, you want smaller details.

B U B O
U
B
O

Squats are back!

Pretty sure those are dwarves mate

>Tech obsessed
>Squat/Stout
>Beards

Thar be dwarves, bucko.

what's it like being this much of a sperg?

>Fuck you, lazy cunt. Space marines don't wear leather boots.
But they do wear leather gloves apparently. How 'bout that.
Let the man have his cool models, user. No need to be an autist about minor shit that even GW doesn't care about. Seriously though, those lads need some backpacks. Git on it.

Took a short break to paint the token

Love the most bottom one. Looks heavy as hell! He would really fit a Inquisitor´s retinue any day. Bonus for robot-bird!

They're like pint-sized, bearded Big Daddys. I love them.

Crazy Whale-stormbird guy here. That project's been stopped dead by £80 shipping on a £70 model, so Fuck That Shit, but I've had yet another idea.
Trying to figure out whether the Manta or the Stormbird would be a simpler thing to build, since I think the Manta would lack all the fancy doors and interiors on the real one, being a cross between a Manta, an airship and the Avengers Helicarrier. Idea is something like an Admech Guns of Icarus Mobula (pic related). Ideas, guys?
Also, any Imperial gun that has similar stats to the S5 AP5 6 shot guns, since it's got SIXTEEN of them mounted.

These models are so big you don't have to be that exact with size, it's not like anyone's going to struggle to draw line of sight to a flying TITAN.

I still haven't worked out a secondary colour for my Genetor Mechanicum. Using Duncan's SoS armour bronze plus Nikhilakh oxide for metal, what works with that and looks mad sciencey?

Are there any CSM units/lists that make you sigh and label the opponent "that guy", or are CSM too weak for that?

Also
>what units/lists make a guy *this guy*?

When they bring like 4 lvl 3 psykers with spell familiar and 50 blood letters and you know they are just gonna spam fuck you with summonings

also bringing more than 1 blood thirster

Just getting back into this shit now that I have disposable income for the first time in like ten years. Just got underway with painting some test minis to experiment with highlighting and get my eye in again, and it's dawned that it's going to be a bitch to gauge my thinning from painting Dark Angels Green over black spray.

Maybe I'll build another test marine and do him in Angels of Absolution livery where I can tell if I've overdiluted before I do the second coat.

dark angels green goes pretty good over black, it best goes over dark grey

do you have an airbrush?

A late wip of one of many to my genestealer cult army.
There are parts that came out good, and parts that came out less good. Sorry for the shoddy photo, I tried to clean it up as best I could.

Scale of 1-maximum heresy how bad would it be to use mildly converted Phoenix terminators as grey knights?

In a similar vein any goof alternatives kr conversions to the dreadknight? I hate the baby carrier

>never get black primer to come off in simple green or super clean baths
>even soaking them for a month, scrubbing every week, doesn't do much of anything
>try to strip a model primed in white
>white primer comes off in a single 10 minutes soak in super clean
>not even a trace of it left after scrubbing
Uh, is this normal? I'm using the the same brand (Rust-Oleum American Accents 2x Primer) for both. Maybe I didn't shake the can enough.

>mildly converted Phoenix terminators
Really depends on the level of conversion there, bub. If you get rid of most of the third Legion markings and some of the extra Aquila, it should be doable. Some lore autists might get miffed though, but that's the price to pay for any conversion work.

>In a similar vein any goof alternatives kr conversions to the dreadknight?
I don't know of ANY third party kitz for it, but I've seen many a man cover up the "pilot" and/or replace it with a sarcophagus ala a dreadnought.and fluffing it like a psuedo-Contemptor, pic related. Other than that, you could try green stuffing over the pilot and making it look just like a massive Grey Knight (that is to say a massive Grey Knight without a smaller Grey Knight piloting him).

Another pic in the same style but with different execution.

Finally back from holiday and able to start finishing off these nerds. Instrument done, icon in progress.

The conversion is lazy as hell. They look nothing like spess muhrines.

I like to finish painting a base before I put a mini on it. The problem (obviously) is, that it's a pain to glue the mini on top of sand. I've bee using PVA glue for that, but it's finicky and easy to mess up. Any tips?

What the fuck are you on about?

I have berzerks and this conversion looks way better than actualy berzerker models

Regular verzerks look goofy af and like they need to shit, and they are lanky as fuck. pic related

If he throws on some packs it would be awesome

>They look nothing like spess muhrines.
Probably because they're supposed to be CHAOS spess muhrines user, and in that regard, they look pretty damn close to the new Kharn. Lack of backpacks aside, I can see a Berserker re-release looking pretty damn similar to the lad rocking the topknot in the back row's right side.

Quit being an autist.
>inb4 where do you think are XDDDD

First shot with new camera. Shit lighting, shit background, very WIP model.. Super clear picture. Guess it was worth the bucks.

First time painting a model.

How did I do?

paints a bit thick, next time use multiple thin coats instead of one thick one, also crop and resize your picture

I mean it's ok if you're just going for a quick tabletop standard. Any more than that, you're going to have to try a lot harder than what little you're putting in now for even halfway-decent results.

Contributing my shity conversion.
Babycarier is just the worst and if someone actually made a good third party chest/face part i would be all about that shit.

Lacks constrast between the gold and the bone.

I want to build an Ork Dread Mob detachment (with the Forgeworld supplement) using looted tyranids in place of Killa Kanz and Deff Dreds

Suggestions?

Use squigs instead.

Are there even squigs big enough?

Ork bits and plasticard.

Doesnt fantasy have giant squigs from Forgeworld?

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

How dare you call something tabletop quality. Thats worse than insulting my own Mother.

games-workshop.com/en-GB/Mangler-Squigs?_requestid=18202571

Who writes like this?

their really aren't, even with Traitor Legions CSM are pretty evenly balanced. Not shit like orks or nids but not op either. Like the other user said tho, spamming Sorcerers on bikes is pretty unfun.

I really quite like this. The paintjob is natural looking, especially the face.

Hmm definitely a fan of this one, I don't mind the whole pilot thing but baby carrier pool is awful, this is pretty tastefully done
I like it user, How'd you do it?

your mom is tabletop quality

Nah, no airbrush. I'll probably get one for vehicles at some point in the future.

It's covering well enough, but the tonal variation is too subtle to give a really clear indication of how the dilution is working. One of the objectives with these test pieces is to refresh my grip on how paints handle rather than just get a solid paint job, so something with a starker contrast like zandri dust followed by ushabti bone over black might be useful practice.

It's not helped by the mediocre lighting in my house to be honest. Got a studio bulb in the post which should help.

Anyone else have a paranoia that their paint coats are too thick?

I'm a decent painter, so I know when something is actually thicc, but no matter what, after priming/basecoating I will stare at my shit for a long time trying to decide if its thicc or not

>mfw my OC is general picture after a few months, when I forgot about making and posting it

I just realized that someone else claims it's is his OC. I'm confused now.

>Anonymous image board
>Wanting to claim credit

What exactly is wrong with brush priming?

Its pleb tier

I imagine you run the risk of an uneven coat spoiling the details.

Nothing but retards gonna retard.

stop posting these

I actually have some backpacks for them, but I hadn't decided whether to put them on or not yet, yeah the conversion is a bit lazy, It was my first attempt at any kind of kitbashing.

>What exactly is wrong with brush priming?

Nothing is wrong with it. I use Vallejo Surface Primer Black and it goes on super smooth and leaves no brush marks. Also I can control how much I put on so there's no loss of detail like with spray priming.

>Its pleb tier

Not if you use multiple thin coats.

That might be the only good thing to come from this, I don't know if I can justify paying £35 for a 2mm tall owl with a drill for a beak though.

Yup same here, mostly with yellow. Fuck i hate yellow

What a pleb, I bet you don't use the single strand brush, that allows you to perfectly lay single molecules of paint onto the model, making sure you do not obscure any details. You just need to do a couple thousand layers and you get a perfect model in just under a year.

>I'm a mold-line undrilled barrel detector who doesn't actually paint anything

Seriously, do you even know how to use the tools of the hobby?

Yes, that's why my spraying does not obscure details and at the same time, I get shit done in reasonable time.

It's been a long time since I sat down to do some modelling, and there's only one thing I really was hoping for others' insight on.

When drilling out the barrels of bolters and other guns that have a muzzle brake (those holes on the side of a Boltgun), do you find it easier to drill down the length of the barrel first, or through the side?

Thanks for the awesome reaction image, m80

length

less likely you'll split the barrel, since the thing'll be solid

Much thanks.

I plan to do a damn good job on this new army I'm making now, since it's not like I have less things to spend money on other than gaming. So it's gonna look damn nice and I don't want to make any mistakes!

nothing is wrong with it inherently, it just takes a lot longer compared to airbrush primer (like doing basecoat with airbrush vs not)

>getting upset at reaction images made by /wip/

Averland Sunset can suck my dick. Thank God I'm only painting parts of an ork warboss with it (pieces of Imperial Fist and Iron Warriors armor), I can't fathom how IF players paint their army. It's a pity because Averland Sunset is such a beautiful colour.

Tabletop/10

wot?

I've been using it quite a bit for my Sons, including some fairly large parts and freehands. It's perfect. Or at least my current pot of it is.

It's either too thin or too thick for me. I regularly paint white models and even they're less annoying to paint than yellows. Painting Space Wolves pads with Averland Sunset is a chore, it just doesn't work on flat, smooth surfaces.

don't expect to be winning competitions any time soon.

Made some special weapon carapace vets

what is the advantage to enamel washes?