What does Veeky Forums think about myfarog?

What does Veeky Forums think about myfarog?
I'm new to tabletop RPGs and I've been thinking of buying it, the setting is cool and seems fairly realistic.

Sorry if I'm braking any rules of the board, I just want to know your opinion about the game and playability.

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!HZEQ2AZL!F1asY2YmYM8d74vTZHayDw
archive.4plebs.org/tg/search/text/myfarog/type/op/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The only board rule you're breaking is, "UGGGH, not THIS thread again!"

I never managed to get a hold of the full pdf, but the snatches I've seen around (and Varg's hilarious research videos with hi children and his jeep) interested me enough. Could be good, but it's unlikely to say the least.

Well, obviously. This thread isn't an honest inquiry on a RPG, it's a bait that you can, at best, use as a way to generally express your opinion on the topic.

Heavens to Murgatroyd, here we go again!

There are only two opinions worth having about this game:

- The rules are autistic shit full of tables and modifiers no sane GM would bother consulting

- Yeah, we get it, racism is suddenly edgy and cool again; get back to me when your pubes come in

inb4 that hysterical user, who claims that Varg posted this thread, and every reply in it belongs to Varg as well.

If you're new to gaming do yourself a favor and pick up something that will translate into broader play options.

Like literally anything else.

Gee, I wonder why this thread was made again.

Proper scans of the entire MYFAROG were made available on Veeky Forums some time ago in the name of ending this argument once and for all. The game was proven objectively bad. Political themes don't even come into play. The underlying mechancis are stupid enough on their own to merit universal condemnation.

Just look at this autistic roll chart for fucking swimming.

Imagine being Vargs children and being forced to play MYFAROG, spending hours just rolling for mundane shit like sitting, swimming and breathing.

>beleiving in silly memes

You're obviously Varg!

I'm so glad no one's stupid enough to engage with this troll anymore.

Why always post meme images. That's the old edition

>meme images

It's an unedited page scan. You can say it's been revised and that's not accurate anymore, but calling it a "meme image" is silly.

Varg pls go.

Varg pls go.

I received my copy in the mail 2 days ago. Don't buy it!

If you're the type who can sift through an ntire DnD corebook then go ahead, but holy shit this book is a clusterfck of info.

Lore and basic rules are so hap-hazardly paced that i had o stop reading 20 pages and go do something more productive like reading Pendragon or 7th Sea ( wich you should buy instead)

NO

Really, people, again?

And nobody else is going to do it?

Fine.

P A P Y R U S
A
P
Y
R
U
S

I acually miss the old Myfarog threads. It was a great way to blow off some steam after work, but now it seems only Tessarog is the only way any reaction now.

On the subject, somebody photoshop Varg's face onto this.

Not anymore.

The game is shit for other reasons.

>the ettins are kind of cool, though

Just play Pathfinder instead OP.

YES

>I never managed to get a hold of the full pdf

mega.nz/#F!HZEQ2AZL!F1asY2YmYM8d74vTZHayDw

Varg, stop posting

>says the faggot as he bumps the thread

>Varg
Stop playing DnD

That isn't bad advice though.

I'm Varg, and so is my wife!

Why is Veeky Forums so fascinated by this game? It doesn't look especially bad, and there isn't anything crazy that demands the many mentions?

I say this under the premise probably incorrect that you're genuinely asking and not just memeing, but nobody's fascinated. It's just spamming.
Varg is a meme man on certain boards, and when he wrote an RPG some people took it upon themselves to post a stupid thread every week to troll and/or shill the game.
People told them to shut up and quit spamming, and they always responded with shit like "oh you're just triggered you liberal cuck, this game isn't bad you're just mad because you think everything's racist, but I think it's so very interesting buy this game tee hee" with nobody ever posting a scan.
That changed recently. We've got a PDF now, and we can all see it really is hot garbage. Sure, it's not the worst game ever, but it's one with nothing to recommend it whatsoever beyond memes. It's a clunky piece of shit written by a crackpot and filled to the brim with stuff like "sunshine vitamins" racism, anti-vaxxer shit, and ahistorical retardation.

So a right wing White Wolf game? That explains too much.

It's because some stormnigger named Varg Vikernes keeps posting about his garbage game instead of getting an actual job, so he can afford a better font the Papyrus

It doesn't use papyrus though, look at the PDF yourself.

>What does Veeky Forums think about myfarog?
>I'm new to tabletop RPGs and I've been thinking of buying it, the setting is cool and seems fairly realistic.
>Sorry if I'm braking any rules of the board, I just want to know your opinion about the game and playability.

Literally the exact same thing said in every single fucking OP every single fucking time this thread is made. THE EXACT SAME THING.

>"what does Veeky Forums think of myfarog?"
>"i'm new to tabletop RPGs and it seems cool"

FUCK OFF FUCK OFF FUCK OFF

I'm going to post it every day until you like it.

I will post this picture in every thread of this shit game that I see.

Nobody's going to like myfarog after the PDF became available.

Myfarog 1.0 did. Never forget, never forgive!

>not-christians, not-muslims, and not-jews

>They have no sense of honour or pride and frequently use poison, back-stabbings and other dishonourable means to murder their victims.
To be fair that is an accurate description of the Hashashins, even in the views of other muslims.

Yeah, that's not so bad, but then he follows it up with the old "Jews murder our babies to get in their secret club" thing that's been used to justify pogroms since the middle ages.

That is just a small cult of extremists though. It isn't made up of an entire ethno-religious group or anything.

I think you're misreading the use of the word "cult," using a modern interpretation of it being a small group, when he's using it in its historical use, as any group that follows a given god or teacher.

The Cult of Meleh Ha-Mashiach is not-Christianity. All of it, not just some small group of extremists. Their leader, Meleh Ha-Mashiach is The Messiah. Likewise, the Sicarii are not-Da Joos. Also note that the Hashshashin are not described as a branch of a larger not-Islam cult, they're explicitly a branch of the not-Christians of Meleh Ha-Mashiach, who've given up their fish symbol in exchange for a crescent moon.

Which >implies that they're actually the not-Muslims rather than just the not-Hashishim.

I am not sure if it was changed between editions, but it the book explicitly states that not all of them are members of any of those groups. A decent amount are part of Thulean society (Which is why the Sicarri and the like are able to infiltrate it in the first place, as if they were all members of the cult foreigners would stick out like a sore thumb). The elves are the only group where 100% share the same beliefs.

Well yeah, not all swarthy foreigners are members of the religious cults. But I don't think that implies that there are people who follow those religions and are not evil -- Varg is personally pretty clear on his Vikingboo Christianity is Evil Pagan Oppression stuff.

Also, sage, because dumb thread for shitty game.

The cults ARE small groups of said groups of swarthy foreigners though, with a decent amount worshipping the Thulean gods. The main caveat is that it is harder for them to gain favor with the gods than the natives. I am not sure if that idea is something actually lifted from Norse mythology or not, but it is a thing in Japanese mythology.

Ironically the said "mongrel" cults are the most open equitable religious groups, as opposed to the native religions of any of the nationalities.

Any chance you'd have pdfs of the splatbooks?

Why is swimming in fresh water slightly easier than swimming in sea water?

It should be the opposite honestly. Seawater is denser so it is easier to float on it. What would have made more sense was swimming in the ocean rather than in a lake.

I misread the chart, swimming in fresh water is harder than swimming in sea water.

You've also explained the difference to me, so thank you.

Is this rpg the new fatal? Are there rules for anal circumference?

It's basically the /pol/ the rpg, but with less humor value.

I guess he didn't want to get specific enough to account for tidal shifts or any of the nuanced shit that makes a coast dangerous or innocuous, but did want to get specific enough to account for the possibility of waves and choppiness in an ocean/sea.

Apparently only fjords and rocky coasts exist in not-Scandinavia

It's not nearly that bad, just aggressively mediocre. It puts a lot of effort into being merely lousy. If its author weren't a famous criminal/wackjob with a cult following, it would have been forgotten already.

Not really. It isn't even that bad, it is mostly just cringeworthy fluff (Bronze age peasants were supposedly healthier than modern day people!). As was pointed out there isn't anything as crazy as anal circumference or flying laser bears to make it stick. What it has is its creator's reputation.

Swimming in seawater is easier. All the +X factors are increasing difficulty (Swimming in wind, cold water, etc.)

Reading comprehension, guys.

>myfarogposting makes Burzum sad

why didn't you protect his smile?

How we doing on the thread bingo?

baka at all these ppl varg never did nuthin he just tell it like it is

#veezy

Whoops. Here I was assuming that it was roll under like GURPS.

>involving self mutilation

>How we doing on the thread bingo?

The thread was just bumped from page 10.

Setting is bland and boring, with odd choices.
Book has a horrible layout.
Mechanics are poor. Things that should be simple and streamlined are complex for no reason while other important areas are undeveloped.

How often do these threads appear? This is my first time seeing this. No need to explain the system, I already know its infamy

>How often do these threads appear?

archive.4plebs.org/tg/search/text/myfarog/type/op/

About once a week. It's always the same OP text, too. "Now that the dust has settled, what does Veeky Forums think of MYFAROG", or "I just heard about MYFAROG, what does Veeky Forums think of it", or some permutation thereof. Basically, every thread the OP claims to have just found out about the game, despite the archive showing that the same pictures (with same filenames) are used repeatedly to start the threads.

That sounds more like its a bot at this point.

Nah, just someone who doesn't get a lot of social interaction outside of Veeky Forums.

For some people, the negative attention of being called a fag on the Internet is all they've got.

You could argue that kind of person is no different than a bot, but I get what you are saying. Alright, let's just hope this thread dies quick, before its bumped from page 10 the second time, which would complete the bingo.

>let's just hope this thread dies quick
Here's how I can tell you're new.

Also because you've been bumping the thread instead of saging.

Sorry, yeah I am a newfag. Keep forgetting saging is a thing.

I assume that they mean circumcision. You know, that thing that desert people are supposed to do.

>Version 2.4
Literally how?

They are subsets of Khemetians, which on average are supposed to mostly be analogies of people like the Assyrians, Egyptians and Phoenecians

Get back to burning churches, Christian.

>thing that's been used to justify pogroms since the middle ages.

If it has been around since the middle ages then how do you know its wrong?
Do you really the entire world has hated Jews all this time just because?

The MYFAROG shitting is only a thing because of reddit becoming more and more active on Veeky Forums and you know it.

THERE ARE SPLATBOOKS?
PLURAL?!

Can you guys stop making threads for my game? It's annoying when I'm browsing Veeky Forums and I the same shit everyday.

Is MYFAROG a good RPG? LES FIND OUT

Oh yes, Christian has all sorts of free time sitting around in France collecting welfare.

> do you really think people go around hating Jews just because?
He asked, on fucking Veeky Forums of all places

Its definately not "just because". Many people have a long list of grievances against the jews. Whether or not the claims are valid is an entirely different discussion

'Many people', across time, spanning countries and different cultures. interesting.
Pure coincidence I'm sure.

They also have a long history of making up crazy shit and then acting on it.
The medieval period was not a time of rational examination of the veracity of someone's claims or thoughtful consideration towards people who were different. The pogroms against Jews were just a small part of a larger, often crazy and hysterical picture.

You can't just play Neptunia all day, you know?

Everyone hates everyone throughout history. Have you ever seen that one picture of every cultural group of renaissance Europe from a prussian (I think?) point of view? That shit was hilarious.

This guy knows whats up

>eat shit, billions of flies can't be wrong

>This is what semites think

>it's another "complexity for the sake of complexity" system

Why does no-one ever say 'Fantasy Heartbreaker'. Isn't that what it is?

It was said several times in the first thread after the scan was posted.
Also good job bumping this shitty thread, guys.

Varg, Varg, Varg, your troll-boat gently down the stream...

>implying it won't be gently bumped every three hours until it hits autosage