Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Orks are still a meme race, edition.

Duncan's daily danks
youtube.com/watch?v=6kg9a3nqS5A

prev

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android.
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!z4wmmJyR!jTfwLczhdFjV0q6nowtGag!qgZhmAhK

>40k rules reference in wiki format.
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Latest GW teases
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW FAQs.
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>List organizer picture book
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Offline list builder
battlescribe.net/

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

Other urls found in this thread:

games-workshop.com/en-US/Fallen-Champions
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First for the Iron Warriors!

How to fix Khorne Berzerkers:

>MoK is now +1A
>Feel No Pain
>Berserk!: Units with the Berserk! USR always make their attacks regardless on casualties inflicted by overwatch or by models with a higher initiative. Any number of casualties are still removed at the end of the Fight Sub-Phase, and their attacks are not counted in the next turn. Casualties caused by Instant Death are not affected by this rule.
>Khornate Chainaxe: +1S AP4, 4ppm
>Same cost for everything else

The idea is to bring them as close to fluff as possible while making them different from MoK CSM and Chosen. What do you guys think?

so when are we all getting put through the metaphorical wringer for all our lovely money? I need a damn schedule for new models

Reminder that Eldar are best race, best lists, best fluff, best wimmin

why doesn't the 7th ed quick ref sheets link work?

>triggered so hard last thread he resorts to boasting
Top kek

H..he's ok right?

oi gitz! lookit me, I's a pansy nerd wiv a WAAK phetish

Ded as fuk.

China webms are some of the nastiest you'll see in the /gif/ rekt threads.

Do you have the one with the guy who got hooked by a spinning machine and spun around like a wet towel for minutes?

Being like Wulfen and still getting attacks in close combat is one thing, but I don't like the idea of them still getting attacks if they die in overwatch.

Everything else seems fine though

>when you're late for work and forgot to iron your shirt

He ded. Happens all the time in China.

Yeah he walked it off.

Hey Veeky Forums!
I have some fun games with my new heamonculi today!

First game was vs daemonkin. It went well as first, blowing up a skull cannon and blowing his bloodcrushers off the board but then I decided to charge everything in to his terminators. 4 Incubi swinging away, a succubus and a shitload of warriors but suddenly my to-wound rolls went to shit and all my characters died, sad.

He also tar-pitted my lovely dark artisan all game, failed to wound it but those 5 fucking dogs took 9 combat rounds to kill.

silliness

>but I don't like the idea of them still getting attacks if they die in overwatch.
I added it mostly for fluff purposes, since a Zerker in Traitor's Hate got shot through the chest by a plasma shot while charging Skitarii, and not only tanked it but regenerated the wound in a few minutes.

>How to fix Khorne Berzerkers
Play WE and field CSM

A terminator survived being trod on by a titan so they should all be immune to stomp.

No but I got one where a worker leans in to a press to check something inside it only to accidentally press the start button.

I also got an Indian one where he takes a shit by the side of the road only to end up slipping on his own shit and falling in front of a truck.

That's because Chinese people literally have no concern for the value of human life. All the shit you see where someone gets run over by a truck and the truck just keeps going, it's because the chink at the wheel is more concerned about being late with his shipment than the person he just ran over.

China has almost one and a half billion people in their country so they view individual life as meaningless/valueless as a result.

They are sub-human scum barely better than pack animals.

iradlea

As a player looking at the Daemonic Incursion super-detachment, I love the benefits it brings but hate how restrictive it is regarding multi-God lists. The sheer cost of the Core formations essentially limits you to playing Mono-God, or dual-God if you take a different auxiliary.
Given how much emphasis has been placed on multi-God armies, this feels very misplaced.
I have therefore come up with 2 new Formations:

Command
Requires 4 Heralds in any combination. Skulltaker, Blue Scribes and Epidemius may be included.
All models receive Eternal Warrior.
Soul Link- All models share a communal Wound pool, equal to all of the constituent models added together. Whenever a model from this Formation is wounded, remove one Wound from this communal pool instead. When this pool reaches zero, all 4 Heralds are removed from play.
Rivalry- Models from this Formation cannot be joined to the same unit.

For example, if I were to take 4 Heralds, one of which was on a Juggernaut, I would have a communal 'pool' of 9 Wounds. It means that I have to suffer a combined 9 Wounds across any of the 4 Heralds, at which point all 4 are removed immediately. Eternal Warrior serves to remove any ID complications.

Core
Requires 1 unit of Bloodletters, Horrors, Plaguebearers and Daemonettes. All units must be equipped with an Icon of Chaos.
While it remains in play, each unit confers a special rule upon all other units within this formation: Fleet (Daemonettes), Furious Charge (Bloodletters), Defensive Grenades (Plaguebearers) and reroll failed Invulnerable saves of 1 (Horrors).

IE- While I have Daemonettes on the field, the other 3 units all benefit from Fleet. If the Daemonettes are killed or held in reserve, the others do not receive the benefit.

Post naow

My second game was vs my friend's tau suit list.

He's a nice guy but... his lists have the soft touch of a speeding truck. He all but tabled me turn 3 and I hadn't destroyed a single unit but my archon managed to charge and kill his commander and then hide out of LoS for 2 turns.

If he didn't fail his save to a lucky plasma shot the game could have ended there and I would have 1 more point than him, technically a victory!.

Agreed.

And removed from play effects?

I'm putting together a dark artisan too. What kind of load out do you use? I was planning chain flails and heat lances on the talos and spirit probe on the cronos. Not sure what to give the haemonculus other than a webway portal.

Quit adding FnP to units to try and balance them. it's fucking retarded and it's already old.

I wouldn't bat an eye at an extra wound but everytime people talk about making (insert random unit) better. FnP...

oh and orks can have limbs stapled on so they should get fnp and always be allowed to take fnp no matter the attack

Can this be improved?

What happens if you hit one herald with instant death? Do all of them die?

>s6 vs t3

Terminator armour was originally for working inside plasma reactors so they should get their armour save even against AP1 weapons.

Autistic Chaosfag reporting back in: I'm assembling my Death Guard Marines and don't know what special weapons to put on them. I know proxying weapons is not a big deal, but I'd like to glue on the weapons I'll be most likely to use, sooooo... plasma, melta, or flamer?

Holy Shit

plasma is ap2

Not him. But I'd remove that model's max Wounds from the pool

3W Herald got removed from play = -3 Wounds to the pool.

Posted this at the end of last thread without realizing. Reposting.

I think Autocannons are severely overrated. Every Guard player swears by them as the best heavy weapon for a Guard platoon, but they have let me down every game. They are wasted on infantry, very okay against vehicles, and while they are good at scoring wounds on MCs and GMCs, it's usually pointless because they all have 2+ and 3+ and a decent chunk have FNP.

Missile Launchers beat them out in terms of a variety weapon. They instantly kill Crisis Suits, Warriors, they pierce a decent chunk of MC and GMC armor, they can actually wound AV14, they can also get ignore cover to pierce through the various Bike unit's armor and cover, but then they can also decimate hoards with ignore cover Frags rockets and in general they can score more wounds against infantry units thanks to blasts.

Give Autocannons a shot, but I personally have been let down by them time and time again.

That's not how FnP works. They'd need a painboy at least which already gives them FnP, maybe give all Orkz +1 to FnP if there's a Painboy around?

Sorry autist, but Death Company have FnP while being basically loyal Zerkers. They also display it all the time in the fluff so I don't see why they shouldn't have it.

I have the talos a Ichor injector to kill monsters and a heat lance to pop transports.
Chronos has just the probe.
Heamonculi has scissor hands because poison and rending help him keep with and a liquifier gun to discourage tarpits.

Eternal Warrior stops Instant Death.

melta on the vanguard, plasma on the steady advancers, AC on the backfield and flamers if you use The Purge.

You are a meme spouting idiot.
Terminator armor was adapted from some of the technology used in such protective suits, as well as technology from dreadnoughts and existing power armor.

You're as fucking obnoxious as those idiots who keep saying "le Leman Russ is a tractor lololol"

What symbol do you paint on Fallen shoulder pads? GW seems to use the regular Dark Angels logo in white or red on the left pauldron and a mix of squad, chapter, or chaos icons on the right one.

Beautiful.

No shit he tabled you look how fucking open that board is.

>You're as fucking obnoxious as those idiots who keep saying "le Leman Russ is a tractor lololol"

It should ignore difficult terrain at least.

Would any space marine actually treat civilians like this?

5pts to get a 97% pass chance.

What about 5 men squads in rhinos, mostly meant to hold mid field objectives?

I dont know, I see lots of terrain. What would you have added to make it more fair?

Depends on the chapter, I think salamanders basically do community service on their home world as to stay in touch with the people.

Marines Malevolent

>Plasma weapon failure

> POO
> IN
> LOO

Also, is this all new terrain, or just repacks from earlier sprues?

Looks cool either way.

Outside of recruiters, Marines rarely ever get to interact with civilians. They spend their time either on a warzone or in ther ships or monasteries, and most of the time by the time a chapter arrives the population has already been wiped out or evacuated.

varies with the model, repentant may be da symbol, renegades blank or scratched partially off, the hateful may have a defaced da symbol or even chaos heraldry.

I'd class them as advancers so plasma.

Who are the nicest chaos space marine legion?

Depends on the chapter.

kek

Fuck you.

all new

World Eaters.

Depends on the chapter.

Some of them view themselves as protectors of humanity, there to safeguard and serve the humans they see.

Some of them view regular humans as no better than cattle and basically dgaf.

Not sure about Black Templars, I don't know much about them other than

> A ALWAYS
> B BE
> C CRUSADING

Got anymore like this?

New stuff.

>varies with the model
And it's appropriate to have a mix of these in the same unit?

I see Tactical, Devastator, Assault, Chaos, and Repentant here.
games-workshop.com/en-US/Fallen-Champions

daemon prince?

Because, yes, we need more shitty gore vids in the 40k general. It's not quite crappy enough in here, so let's see if we can't lower the standards even further.

dat skullspider.

i wonder what this will cost. probably like gangs of commoraagh?

The ones in Gathering storm were a mix.

You're missing a key aspect of it. If someone is seriously injured you can be forced to financially support them for the rest of their life. It makes you better off if you actually kill someone.

This is why all those videos exist of someone accidentally running someone over in China, then backing up and hitting them again to make sure they're dead.

Abaddon.

that's not drach'nyen or however the fuck you spell it

they seem to be of a pure martial mindset
so they respect warriors that are committed to their duty, regardless of their origin, but disdain anyone that would not rise to fight against the enemies of the Emperor

He doesn't have to move an inch to shoot what he needs to.

Go to /gif/ and search for rekt threads, if you can stomach it.

There's a really fucking up one right there right now of a mouse being eaten alive by ants, made me think of Nids.

Dead man can't complain.

Same reason why here if we defend ourself you must be sure to kill.

If the bastard survives you get sued for wounding a poor man just making a living by assaulting you with a weapon inside your home.

Killing someone is about 5 years max, wounding someone 15 or more.

How is the liquifier gun working for you? To me 15 pts for S3 and variable AP doesn't seem worth it.

10 Scouts vs 10 Boys.

So the scouts win just from shooting and overwatch.

Gangs of Commoragh was 16 minis and some cardboard cutout terrain and it was $60.

Shadow War: Armageddon is looking like 10 Space Marine Scouts, 10 Ork Boyz, and a huge multi-part plastic terrain chunk.

Odds are it's gonna be more than $60.

anyone know where i can download the dawn of war games and expansions?

I'm thinking of starting up a small Death watch force. Probably around 1000 points or so. I'm not really sure what's a good way to load out a lot of squads though.

I was looking to include around 3 squads of troops, one with shotguns, one with heavy weapons, and one for melee. Aside from that, I was thinking some Terminators with missile launchers and Thunder hammers, as well as some bikes.

Could I make a decent force out of that sort of stuff?

www.steampowered.com

New GW has some odd pricing.

There was a 5 model kit that costed a bit less than a SC. Think it was the GSC Acolyte or some AoS. It was later change but it was odd.

I only used it for two games, one vs was tau in which I got tabled pretty quick, the other was daemons who didn't give a fuck about the ap2 flamer.

I'd say I need more experience with it.

Ok, so you're playing someone at a store and they have a pretty fluffy list, some marines and a few conscripts, as they like the idea of elite troops working alongside the absolute worst.
They don't seem to be using chapter tactics, and when you take out the conscripts they roll and bring them back on.
You can't figure out why, so they pick up a model and point to a small hydra behind the knee, "Why friend. I am Alpharius."

I'm considering checking discretely if this would fly at my store, and basically proxying things like chosen as tac marines, cultists as conscripts etc and trying to build a whole list like that.

Would you be pissed or find it funny? Is it even possible?

unless you want the "full" story just buy soulstorm it's like $10

yeah but gangs were 6 reavers and 10 hellions. those models would go for $105 and the models in armageddon would go for $80.

so its not impossible that they would be similar in price

is tpb o now?

Damn the mouse one is brutal, ditto about Nids
Imagine getting caught by a pack of Hormagaunts...

Doesn't beat the one of the guy who plucks his own eyeball out, optical nerve snaps and everything

GW's investors demanded that the company not do any sales and not reduce the price of any boxed sets.

GW's new CEO responded by releasing shit like the Start Collecting and Armored Assault boxes, which is basically reducing the price of units but not breaking the promise to investors.

So basically, the price of a Space Marine Tactical Squad is going to remain $40, but for $15 more you can get a Tactical Squad and a Drop Pod in the same box.

A Captain in Terminator Armor, Tactical Squad, and Venerable Dreadnought would be around $105 if you bought them all separately. They're not lowering the price on any of those boxes, but they're making a box with all three, calling it "Start Collecting", and pricing it at $85.

If you were to execute it well I'd laugh and roll with it. But it'd be hard to not cross the line of just looking like a tryhard retard

That's as might be, but the terrain itself is pretty huge compared to a handful of tiny cardboard cutouts.

I wonder how much of a cucks the owners must have been to agree to such retarded thing.

Fixing price is just retarded

Chosen should be using Sternguard models, not Tactical.
>Or Deathwatch if they interest you.

And plastic. And huge I'm guessing that it will probably be 105-120.

the investors are the owners you tard.

Investors don't understand how long term decisions work; they're only interested in short term gains.
It fucking sucks.