What are some OP things you thought of that your GM has allowed?

What are some OP things you thought of that your GM has allowed?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Musa_I_of_Mali
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Basically what you posted in the OP, but it was a portal to the bottom of the Mariana Trench.
We also used another portal to redirect the entirely of Death Valley's sunlight into another country (where it was currently night) to kill about 60+ Vampires.
We created IEDs filled to the brim with shards of meteoric Iron to kill a Fae God.
Then we also hunted down a target of a Werewolf pack, and GPS tagged him, so that when they dragged him back to their base, we had a location to target.

>We also used another portal to redirect the entirely of Death Valley's sunlight into another country (where it was currently night) to kill about 60+ Vampires.
That's hilarious

>GPS tagged
Oh come on.

As a GM I like handing out OP shit to specific characters since it gives them that special cranch of specialization that makes them unique

>Player says he statted a glass cannon
>Set up solo storyline where he has to find 7 objects that gradually start increasing the number of actions per turn, as well as giving different kinds of multi-hit attacks for him to use

I treat the party like one piece or OPM, the interesting part is not the fight itself, it's the repercusions that they create by having that fight

>Who had good, creative ideas and thought they were OP because we are normally /v/ trash.

Tactical nuke enhanced with anti-magic incantations. Took out a city overrun by demons and their hellgate.

Magical batteries in which I store power.

How would anyone in a medieval fantasy universe have the means to not only reach the seafloor by themselves but make enough teleportation scrolls directly to it that even a schlub like Gobbo could afford one?

that's a good way to do it, any tips for a new-ish gm?

yeah.
don't do that.

oh sorry i thought it sounded cool. Could you tell me whats wrong with that method?

again sorry, inexperienced

if you're new to DMing, you will quickly find yourself overwhelmed with a character who can do far too much by himself. Your other players will also develop inferiority complexes. Not to mention all the fun* you'll have bloating stats to make the game challenging.

by no means if having sideplots/quests that reward individual players a bad thing, unqieu traits and trinkets are often very neat. But turning on godmode is stupid.

Not him, but such a gmstyle would mean that you would have to be great at adapting to what your players do on the fly, continuously create engaging social encounters, and manage to get a playerbase that understands that you don't "win" Veeky Forums.
It's not something you can just up and do, and loosing a layer for whatever reason can be crippling.

original poster of The main reason I'm doing that is mostly because 1) the rules are very light and allow for a lot of modification and 2) it's a sandbox game that has me winging it as much as the other players (Which is pretty fun as well)

in essence don't do what I'm doing unless you're able to pull off otherwise you'll get my players enjoy the game however so I'm fine with it

cool thanks guys. I'm trying to learn as much as i can before I really develop bad habits. You guys were super helpful

Seems you can key a teleportation scroll to places you haven't been in that universe. He got the Ara-Ara sorceress to key it to the seafloor herself. It also seems like scrolls can be keyed after making, so when Gobbo got it, it was just an unkeyed teleport scroll.

Plus the scroll was stated to be insanely expensive.

Then why not just key it to the sun?

what if they attacked at night you idiot
at least the ocean is always gonna be on the other end of the portal

I had convinced this bandit leader that I was actually him and he was a lowly subordinate.

It proceeded to accusations of being an imposter, attempting to incite a mutiny, and sitting in my chair. The penalty was a swift death that avoided an entire fight against the leader and his pet gryphon.

The GM felt the emotional conflict between the rage of us ruining the entire encounter in one solid action and the hilarity that it fucking worked.

Most derailment that GM allowed us was rather with how he rolled random magic effects with no limits, to his own hilarious detriment. After my char. downing a pint at a random bar while on a quest to kill all the vampires in a city (a quest planned to span at least a few months irl), the magic effect rolled to was "Your god is summoned," and being a good char. with a god that hated vampires, he just cleared them from the city himself.
Felt good.

I've seen this done in Anima: Beyond Fantasy.

>Use Chimera spell to create a pocket sized paraplegic flesh nubbin' with an addiction behavior in sharing their essence with anyone who touches it
>Give it low mental stats of a drooling retard, but high innate power and essence
>give it the ability to forgo any necessities, such as food, sleep, breathing, etc...

It's the worst thing you could do to your enemies, forcibly turn them into a tool.

Marking stone with teleport keyed to it.

Drop it in ocean.

???

Wave Motion Gun.

>the sun doesn't exist at night
Jesus fucking Christ. I hope you're trolling.

If anyone takes this bait I will eat 17 mangoes live on stream

My level 11 bard took complete control over an iron golem without a fight.
Step 1:
find out what the golems owner looks like, and sounds like.
Step 2:
Cast mimicry to sound like the owner, and Cast disguise self to look like him.

Step 4:
Because these things are mindless, only obey their master, and it has no way to tell that you are not him, you then command it to disregard all previous orders and to obey your party exclusively.

That's not how it works at all but sure glad you had fun.

I never implied that it was a legit method, just something my DM allowed.

>We also used another portal to redirect the entirely of Death Valley's sunlight into another country (where it was currently night) to kill about 60+ Vampires.
Next level bullshit right there.

No, the real question is how would a guy in a medieval fantasy universe that's spent most of his life fighting goblins inland know what water pressure is?

>Not just gutting them for delicious, delicious PPs

>wanting to eat peepees

This is literally a meme, jackass. Lurk moar.

Better get the mangoes

What kind of stone wouldn't get vaporized before even reaching the surface?
Even if you make it orbit the sun, if the heat is powerful enough to harm your enemies it'll destroy your magical teleporter beacon LONG before you get to use it.
The heat resistance spell on the stone will need to be impossibly powerful, this shit is worse than volcanoes.

If my players really want to do this I'll 1. Clarify it'll be single use, 2. Clarify they'll need to be far far away when the gate to burning plasma opens and BTFOs everything in a huge radius, and 3. Make it so appropriately enchanting the stone and then sending it to the sun are quests of their own. Nukes ain't free.

Angry starspawn and star warlocks will probably be involved during after the quest.

Just about everything the players thought of that can be exploited by them. The GMs I've seen can fuck the player with them. If I pulled anything like OP, they'd do shit like drown us with the water or have angry villagers or nobles chase us for destroying their village with a flash flood.

>tfw he could have spent the money on more cost efficient shit

Heard Goblin Slayer was shit when it started out, has it gotten better?

A long time ago I used blasting clay pigeons
That was op as shit

The other one, that I got a hearty laugh out of every time, was a deagle that was permanently disguised as a powder pink .22. People laughed at it right up until it put a hole in their chest cavity.

>diplomacy checks can be basically used to brainwash somebody

I am so tired of this meme.

Diplomancers are the only characters I have absolutely no regret for completely shutting down their characters regularly. The smug bastard knew what he was making.

Meteoric iron is not cold iron

Fae are weak to regular iron too, so why not meteoric?

There's a movie currently on Netflix, named "Spectral" if I remember correctly, where US soldiers make pipe bombs filled with cold iron to defend themselves from ghosts.

It would be a logical conclusion to such a plot-breaking side-step.

>The portal plan goes off without a hitch, eradicating the ancient lich and pulverizing his bones and everything in the castle with him. Now... Does anyone know how to turn it off? No? Guess you'll have to be fast about these quests then. The clock is ticking.

The solution to your players being clever is to be more clever than they are.

Because he wants to kill a den of gobbos and not the whole country?

Black Crusade (RPG)
Daemon Legacy Force Sword with Psy Rating 10, it was powerful enough to slice tanks in half.

Fae are weak to cold iron - iron that has not felt the heat of the forge. They're weak to meteoric iron provided it hasn't been forged, but most of the reason to *get* meteoric iron is so that you can forge it into something useful.

Basically, the IED plan would work fine if you used unforged meteoric iron, BUT it was needlessly time-consuming and presumably expensive to do when you could have used to just regular unforged iron.

>Cold Iron meme
"Cold iron" is just a poetic term people used to call iron because it felt cool to the touch, particularly in reference to FORGED weapons.

10 seconds of googling could have thought you this

All iron is cold iron you massive egg beater. If you want to get really specific, cold iron is usually a term meant to refer to forged blades of iron.

We had a PC that the GM gave the power of creation to, some real homebrew bullshit. Once per day, had the ability to create anything.
>PC starts creating billions of gold coins daily
>GM allows this, and each day.
Now while he could have used that money to buy items, bribe people, or use it wisely. He just sat on it on end. So many missed opportunities because PC woke up each day and said "I make 1 billion gold"

>tfw he finally wants to spend a piece of his amassed fortune and none of the gold is legal currency.
>He's been doing this for 6 months

This. It's not a clever trick because it's an exploit that has no setup. If a player tried to pull this in a game, I'd ask him to justify the hell out of it because this reeks of using OOC knowledge.

Yeah it's only a thing in D&D where it is a legitimate magical metal that must avoid the heat of the forge to retain its inherent properties

waterfalls man

That's Bluff not diplomacy. It only takes a -20 penalty to make someone believe an impossible lie.

>I cast close portal
____:^)_____

You don't need to know what the fuck water pressure is to know most land things can't breath underwater and that the bottom of the sea is really hard to get to the surface from

granted i haven't read the source material for that pic

Because once he kills all goblins in land, he will target those in the sea.

Water pressure is really intuitive though. If you've gone swimming even once you can feel water pressure when diving. Now think about how deep the ocean is and how heavy all that water must be.

My DM let my half-orc fighter amass an army of thousands of orcs to help the party to reconquer lands conquered by hobgoblins.
The orcs (and I) are native to another continent. The party thought this would be a good idea.

tell that to those other two

I shot Caine in the eye in oWoD in our last session of that campaign (heroic last stand kind of deal).

Since he had the entire God's Retribution curse (all damage is reflected x7), half of my head promptly blew up.

>The GM felt the emotional conflict...
naw, he just realized his campaign became a meme and he wasn't gonna sink to the level of the shitflingers who got it there by cucking them out of their cheese over a low level generic bandit leader.

People have known what water pressure is since Archimedes. It's how pump wells work.

>No, the real question is how would a guy in a medieval fantasy universe that's spent most of his life fighting goblins inland know what water pressure is?
>what are aqueducts
>what is the Archimedes's screw turbine
>what is Archimedes's law of buoyancy
>WHAT IS YOUR EAR PRESSURE CHANGING WHEN YOU DIVE INTO WATER
And then there is this guy.

I was legit confused at first because that is exactly how my name is spelled. Though if you mean biblical Cain, there's no "e" at the end

There is in oWoD. It was added to differentiate post-Vampire Cain from pre-Vampire Cain.

Yeah, I just realized that after googling him

>none of the gold is legal currency
It's still gold, so it's still valuable. Especially if this is a medieval-like economy where coins are literally worth their weight.

Two issues being that:
1) Gold coins hammered blank or melted back into bars is going to raise more eyebrows than the actual coins themselves

2) the existence of all that additional gold severely affects the worlds economy and ends up causing inflation and makes everyone poorer

>the existence of all that additional gold severely affects the worlds economy and ends up causing inflation and makes everyone poorer
When did that ever happen?

>Will humans ever walk on the sun?

Probably, but not for a very very long time.

Never because we never had a wizard suddenly drop several billion gold coins into the world economy.

>1) Gold coins hammered blank or melted back into bars is going to raise more eyebrows than the actual coins themselves
Don't do that then. Just go to the local bank exchange them for legal currency. Just say you're some right asshole from a faraway country.

They don't care about what the origin or denomination of your coins is, just what they're made of and how much they weigh.

>2) the existence of all that additional gold severely affects the worlds economy and ends up causing inflation and makes everyone poorer
Possibly yes, but that's not your concern is it? You can always get more, even if everyone else's savings are devaluing at record pace. Not to mention that by the time the inflation really sets in, you've already accomplished whatever it was you needed the money for anyway.

Maybe in VR.

If the gm would give a shit about economy in a fantasy setting humanity would have starved to death long ago.

It's essentially printing money. Using precious metals as the basis of the currency makes sense, as it's hard work to gather, smelt, and mold, giving it a steady value. Now when billions of gold coins are magically added to the gold already in circulation, then it all loses value as it isn't as precious as it had been, meaning it's value decreases, and the price of goods and services increases. That's like economics 101

Assuming we don't all get wiped out by war, disease, or disaster, then it'll probably happen one day, even if it's thousands upon thousands of years in the future. Some kind of preposterous future technology will produce incredibly heat resistant materials, and then some fuck will decide to fly a ship through the photosphere and use his magnetic containment boots to walk on the plasma surface.

In that continuation of #2 you've become a BBEG

If I let a character get away with creating gold coins from nothing, you better believe I'd have real world consequences for it

When everyone is poor, no one will be.

Google a visual representation of a million dollars to a billion. Imagine it with gold in a medieval setting and you'll hopefully see the problem

Go home, Bucky. Or get sucked into a jet engine, either's fine

>Giving a shit about economy means ignoring agriculture and letting everyone die.

Boy, agriculture and food WAS the economy at one point. Also, pdf tangentially related.

>let a character get away
Except in we are talking here about the GM giving away that power.
My point is. It is, if the gm doesn't have a closed world and put any thought into consequences, nothing would happen since he just ingores it.
If you typical D&D or other similar world is that monster polluted, the heroes wouldn't meet a single settlement where the people aren't slaughtered long ago.

That's assuming a sudden flood wouldn't also destroy plenty. He doesn't seem to care for collateral

One age's intuition isn't another age's. We used to think geocentrism was commonly sense.

Things who might not exist in universe. It's like how so many fantasy settings curiosity lack guns.

>Stacking heat stones.

>Ramming a dragon with a stone airship

>Using nested demi-planes to create infinite anvils and drop them onto people from portals, but with nested time acceleration so in the material plane thousands or millions of anvils just spouted from a portal instantly.

>Gestalting classes with racial HD.

>Player convinces a bandit leader that the numerous bandit clans nearby aren't fighting each other because we've been pulling strings from the shadows, and have been in control of all of the crime in the darkness
>He pretty much just does whatever that player says until our party leaves
>Bandits start banding together without our knowhow and questioning if any of them have met our party member, to which, of course, none of them can say they have
>Our hero starts a (failed) bluff about how he'd been killing off bandits left and right who saw him so as to cover his tracks
>Since none of them believed him, they kill our party member and start threatening the rest of us to go
>Our party's cleric, without missing a beat, starts chuckling to himself maniacally and starts spouting out about how everything has been according to plan, and that killing 'The Boss' has now elevated him to a position of leadership, and he makes a shot in the dark and bluffs (successfully) that he's the new crime boss
>The bandits are now absolutely united, fighting alongside one another to secure trade routes, battling major armies and stealing resources without competition
>The cleric, still of zealous faith, starts suggesting the bandits spend less time killing and stealing and more time planting and creating
>Fast-forward most of a campaign and nine sessions, and the bandits have created a little lawless city that continually threatens anybody who comes near, but really don't do anything other than subsistence farming, creating extremely strong liquors (which are sold at a high price, due to how difficult it is for merchants to get near the town and buy regular shipments), and boxing
>We technically have a town at our disposal at the cost of a party member, but rather than being the badass city of thieves we were gushing over, it just turned it a...city. They even had diplomacy with nearby villages and democratic elections.

I don't know whether this is apocryphal, but isn't there a story of a West African king making a pilgrimage to Mecca that accidentally did this?

Yes, Mansa Munsa the king of Mali. Perhaps exaggerated but definitely a real occurence.

>But Musa's generous actions inadvertently devastated the economy of the regions through which he passed. In the cities of Cairo, Medina, and Mecca, the sudden influx of gold devalued the metal for the next decade. Prices on goods and wares greatly inflated. To rectify the gold market, on his way back from Mecca, Musa borrowed all the gold he could carry from money-lenders in Cairo, at high interest. This is the only time recorded in history that one man directly controlled the price of gold in the Mediterranean.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Musa_I_of_Mali

No, what it takes is a dumb player with a dumb DM in a dumb setting.

>musamind

Iron is cold iron. But because that's boring, a lot of people have made up other specificities for fae weaknesses.

>modern game has cool chinese mystic class
>way it casts spells is through paper talismans
>one of the stronger spells is teleportation
>only restriction is it has to be on the target for 5 seconds
>has to be set to a place the caster has been too before
>gm says game will be brutally hard with no hand holding so min max all you like
>decide to make ex-chinese special forces recruited into secret space program
>plans to colonize the moon and use it as a weapon launch site
>space horrors happen and the program is discontinued
>retires and turns to Taoism to deal with horrors
>game starts and we encounter massive werewolf beast
>while our half viking god man tangles with its front I sneak behind it and put a teleport slip on its back
>gm catches on but the dumb wolf can't remove it
>5 seconds later he vanishes
>"So, where did you send him?"
>"The Moon"

Unsurprisingly most things didn't let me get behind them after that, and when I could they all quickly removed the paper.

In the source material the orginal intent of the scroll was to flood a nest/base of goblins. The water pressure blast was a unintended and lucky alternatiev to drowning his enemy.

>Physics, gravity, etc might not exist in this earth-like universe.