Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Northern Fury Edition

When's the last time you made a character from Northern Avistan? Were they Kellid, Ulfen or something else? Tell us about them and their habits!

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW (embed)

Avowed Playtest 1: drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Avowed Playtest 2: docs.google.com/document/d/1rV7kaF9JL2gw9xQalkEnlEDL9WXtbsaCqNABm_pLIgc/edit?usp=sharing

Spheres of Might previews:
Part 1: docs.google.com/document/d/1aLaYQEFAWU4zQBx58boJPPaySLgJc0Emmw9eKyIJeGI/
Part 2: docs.google.com/document/d/1pyLq03W2ju58PcKOUq5YXoFowf_weBNzuWtjCMdINXk/edit
Part 3: docs.google.com/document/d/1-LAt9Ti5pcnvHY4KnFRuItCjqtGM-YJC5r_0zXiKKUk/edit
PS: Outdated, playtest should be out next week but that's not a promise.

Bloodforge Infusions updated playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1GvwMclLSw15slYI7D5xLdjMzr-Nau92hNha9Sx0LOk4/edit#

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

paizo.com/paizo/blog/v5748dyo5ljo0?Unveiling-a-New-Starfinder-Race-The-Vesk
zanamaoria.tumblr.com/tagged/oria
app.roll20.net/forum/post/4568256/character-applications
strawpoll.me/12539058
pixiv.net/member_illust.php?id=19019057
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

*smacks lips*

Hol up

So you be sayin'

Should I make a manipulative and clever kobold or a dumb but charming wyvaran for Legacy of Blood and Flame?

Wyvaran!

That we wuz

Another of Starfinder's core races has been revealed! Behold, the Vesk!

That's right, ladies and gentlemen, we're finally going to have lizardfolk as a core race. Even better, they're basically klingons.

paizo.com/paizo/blog/v5748dyo5ljo0?Unveiling-a-New-Starfinder-Race-The-Vesk

C-C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER

Is it really that bad if I dump perception?

I TOLD YOU

I TOLD YOU

I TOLD YOU I WANTED THIS

LIZARDFOLK IN POWER ARMORRRRRRR

Dumb and charming tends to be more fun and a better team player than manipulative and clever.

Did review user go over the HR apps?

>dragons
DRAGONS

Depends - if the entire rest of your team has it, one or two people can skimp.

I think he's only doing individuals on request now instead of sweeping through games.

DRAGONS?!

I hate Kobolds, they're shitty dumb lizard scum whose only ability to be cute is getting drawn in a faux-cartoon style.

How do I go about convincing my GM to allow Gunslingers in his campaign?

It is not a bad thing per se but perception is the most frequently rolled skill check. On an optimisation standpoint skillpoints in perception will be used the most frequently and often for GMs that don't go strictly by WBL will earn you more money than any other skill.

Why would you want to?

That is a very cute dragon! What's she from?

I'm actually pretty excited for Starfinder. It's allowing them to get away with races standard fantasy would never allow.

>It's allowing them to get away with races standard fantasy would never allow.

Yeah! Like the Blue Space Babes (Lashunta) or Proud Warrior Race (Vesk!)

Inform him of the fact that guns predate plate armor. Test were often run with plate armor to show it was bulletproof.

Dragons...!

Because I like Rangers except with guns.

That woman is a lesbian and I have a lot of art showing her lezzing out with her girlfriend.

Holy shit, look at those abs.

I have no idea.

Mind sharing the wealth?

>I think he's only doing individuals on request now instead of sweeping through games.

>mfw I made a request last thread and I think I got ignored.

Oh?

Do share.

If it's a Peulla character he outright said he won't do those.

Kobold

>they're shitty clever inbred dragon scum
ftfy.
Kobolds are canonically very clever, and are experts at building, mining, and mechanics. The only reason they never really progress into large societies is because their short lifespan, Dragons keeping them down, dwarves and gnomes breaking their mines, and whenever they try to make large cities they get torn apart by some gnome god going "Its just a prank bruh"

No, but I assure you if you asked in the Drawthreads about a "Lesbian Paladin with black hair" they'll know allllllll about her.

Worse, it was Celestial Tournament.

Tell him that Guns don't destroy fantasy and will not nullify all other weapons. Cite that at low levels they need either the class or a feat to even use it and it takes a full round of AoO provoking actions to reload. All for 1d10 damage that, while hitting touch AC, is less damage than what all other classes can deal in the two turns you took to fire then reload.
It also helps if you point out how Level 1 spells that hit touch AC routinely do 5d6 damage with a potential status condition.

Fucking Charlotte.

>torn apart by some gnome god
Not a part of Golarion canon, that's Greyhawk you're thinking of.

Tell him to stop being a dumbass and look at actual history, where full plate armor wasn't widely in use until well after cannons, guns, and pikes had started to take over the battlefield.

She truly is a legend.

(dragons)

>Klingon
>Lizardmen

So, in other words they're Gorn?

Here ya go.

zanamaoria.tumblr.com/tagged/oria

Nah, the Gorn are actually the scientists of the Klingon Empire despite being giant lizards.

Dragons soon fellow wizards.

The problem is though that Paizo keeps acting as though that's still the case, and fails to better think about that lore had shaped the kobolds and how without it they would

tldr Kobolds are shit without proper reason in PF, because sasuga paizuri

Dragons

So, trying to decide how to advance my slayer.

Base line would be straight to 20 on Slayer (Vanguard). Which, leaves me with 3 feats and 9 slayer talents unclaimed. (Though, perhaps I should throw manyshot on there.)

I've considered dipping 2 levels of Magus(Eld.Archer), to get minor arcane ability, (only 12 int...) but it gets me an extra attack at Full-BAB-2 (-4 after rapid shot, but 20dex and +3 from abilities and feats.)
For the price tag of a single Slayer Feat (and the capstone...)

Trying to think of anything worthwhile for those talents or otherwise worth dipping into. Campaign is mostly Paizo, but the DM can occasionally be talked into things outside FPP.

Have: PBS, Precise Shot, Rapid Shot, WF(Longbow), and Deadly Aim. Have Point Blank Mastery, Combat Reflexes, and the Snapshot tree locked in. Considering Manyshot, but after that drawing a blank.

Kinda want to drop three of them on the Animal Companion line. (The worthless skill feat, the druid-3 one, and Boon Companion.)

yeah, that article specifically states that Vesk eschew higher learning unless they're basically already outcasts.

>Lizard men become core
>meaning lizard Women are core

Now I can die in peace

>...Capable of great bursts of emotion in private

Please and thank you.

Oh my god this dragon-girl is CUTE!

Just rolled up a Numerian tiefling. Crucidaemon heritage, a rogue that enjoys traps and technology.

Metallic skin, pixie cut hair that looks like nails, fingernails like blades, blue eyes. Ages like a human.

Finding art for her was... ended up with pic related.

>Lizards

You know that that means, user.

Double dong.

>...Capable of great bursts of emotion in private
Completely missed that bit. That makes this whole thing way better.

>enjoys traps

Apologies. I'm super drunk and must have missed it. Can you give me a link?

>Guns actually came well before full plate (as did actually good crossbows, FUCK YOU D20)
>Guns are weaker than thrown or bows, they can only approach the performance of those two weapon categories if heavily optimized, and yes that's INCLUDING the whole "but touch" deal it always has (how can it not, DPR checks include accuracy)
>Guns require more feats and character-building resources than other ranged options to even be viable, so no one taking them is doing so to optimize

Oh and also, since "but it doesn't fit the setting" always comes up courtesy of some lying piece of shit:

>GOLARION HAS ALKENSTAR THE WILD-WEST OF NO-MAGIC AND ADVANCED FIREARMS, PIRATES WITH BLUNDERBUSSES IN ANOTHER REGION WITH CANNONS ON EVERY BOAT OR AIRSHIP, OH AND ALSO THE FUCKING REGION OF NUCLEAR PLASMA SCORPIONBOTS WITH TWIN ROTARY AUTOCANNONS FIGHTING ATOP CRASHED INTERSTELLAR COLONY SHIPS AGAINST AI-CONTROLLED LASER-EYE ROCKET-LAUNCHERS AND CYBORG MUTANTS WITH BEAM CANNONS OVER THE CONTROL OF FUSION REACTORS AND THE KEY TO TO FUCKING SUBLIMATION BY THE MINDS. YES, VIRGINIA, WEAPONS MORE ADVANCED THAN POINTY STICK ARE KIND OF A FUCKING THING IN THE SETTING

Dragons??!!!!?

The bullshit thing is that you're wrong about the pirates. They all have ballistae and catapults on their ships except for the few high-level crews that have cannons as their secret weapons.

Fucking Paizo.

That's fucking sad. They really could've gone for proper Gorn.

Their new multimission science vessels are goddamn nice.

(and yes, that yellow area in front is a secondary sub-deflector slot)

>Can you give me a link?

app.roll20.net/forum/post/4568256/character-applications

I would love a review of Araderion and maybe Barat?

Can you stat him? I want to build a spear fighter like him, any idea?

>I want to build a spear fighter like him, any idea?

Warder (ZS) focusing on Primal Fury and Piercing Thunder.

Easy!

strawpoll.me/12539058 Reposting this, it's a poll to determine which SoP class gets a guide first. Don't vote for Hedgewitch I'm already making a guide for them.

Nothing needs help more than some poor fucker who thinks he should roll an armorist or blaster armorist.

Well, she's not picky about that, so long as they're willing to see what happens when her "auto-capture and funishment" device is sprung...

Aliens?

How does gestalting usually work if both classes are initiators?

Is it like spellcasting, where they're separate and you just know maneuvers from both? Or do they somehow overlap, where you'd have access to extra disciplines but only know as much as your best initiating class?

I really hope Starship customization is a big thing in Starfinder. That kinda shit is important.

Redheads!

Separate. You can't even use the knowns on one side to qualify for higher level ones on the other.

The former.

I just hope it's not too clunky like in d20 Modern.

Spec her /pfg/

First SoM guide is gonna be for Striker!

>No starship customization in core book
>APs all take place exclusively on one planet/station
>60$ for ship customization released two years later alongside some poorly supported classes

Drawback: Greed
Full points into Profession (Courtesan)
Preference for old men

100% in agreement. Hell, the starships are often AS memorable a character in a show or movie as the people.

How many people don't recognize the motherfucking Enterprise, after all? Or the Millenium Falcon? Or TIE Fighters? Or for the previous generation the ship from Flash Gordon, and so on and so forth.

Y'know, I never really realized how hot Rin could be if she'd only get swole.

These images piss me off because there's only like 3 of them and they are so cute but without any kind of resolution.

>mfw Not!Kingmaker in Space, with the Space Polish ordering you to colonize the Frontier while Imperialist Extradimensional Space Elves wreck havoc on your colonies.

Here you go buddy

pixiv.net/member_illust.php?id=19019057

Even the Serenity from firefly had a surprising amount of character to it.

Don't worry user - we actually have confirmation that that will not be the case. Starship customization is going to be core.

whether it's a good system remains to be seen.

Blondes are better!

>Crystal Fraiser tells us the starship identifies as a woman and you're oppressing her for not wanting life support to fail when she decides to just "convert" her body in deep space. News at 11.

The SoM guides will come after they're fully released and I can do a more objective comparison of them to Path of War, and how well they'll interact with SoP.

Looks like, after I get Hedgewitch done, I'll move on to Armorist.

Elf?

So, Spelljammer but with more tech? I could dig it, so long as they bring back bionoids.

>Don't worry user - we actually have confirmation that that will not be the case. Starship customization is going to be core.

QUICK!

Tell me what you're going to make for Starfinder, what race, and what focus are you going to put on your ship assuming the obvious customization options exist!

Incanter probably doesn't need a guide. Once you're past level 1, there aren't many class-specific choices.

Wasn't this a futurama episode?

My god he/she even labelsthen as "shortstacks"

>So, Spelljammer but with more tech?

>while Imperialist Extradimensional Space Elves wreck havoc on your colonies.

You can have that now, you know.

Pic related.

Human manslut as an homage to Kirk.

That or a romantic, chivalrous lizardman.

I was saying because Jolly planned on doing an SoM guide for the striker.

>WE WUZ LINNORM KANGZ AN SHEEIT

Kitsune pilot with a fast, nimble Starfighter equipped with lasers and high maneuverability.

Blonde...

...dragons?