Cleric charges for healing spells

>Cleric charges for healing spells

>FIghter charges gold for killing things

I point out that he already receives a fair share of treasure, and demand to know why he feels he's entitled to more.
That is, unless we're an ancap party.

FALSE HARDEST TRUE EQUAL ANYTHING ALWAYS FIGHTER GUNS

Is it at profit or for materials? I have no problem paying for materials.

Healing spells don't usually have material components.

You bitch-ass pansy-ass gay-ass butt-ass adventurers are always chatting smack about my (reasonable) fees, but you never stop to consider why I'm charging them.

Is it because I like money? Yes. Is it for another equally good reason? Also yes.

Consider the following: the Gods are an active force in the world. They're not perfect, they're not infallible, they're not omniscient. They have flaws and vices just like anyone else. And some of these flawed, vice-having Gods demand gold filigree and burnt offerings. If I don't make sure that Magnor the All-Loving gets his three black virgin chickens every full moon, he's going to nuke the western seaboard from orbit. If Sheolandra the Beneficent doesn't have one new temple worth at least 10,000 golden d2s every year, she's going to literally kill every child in the world.

So next time I ask to pass around the mitre real quick, maybe you can just consider that the problems the world faces extend a little beyond orcs and elves, and throw something extra in there. For the sake of all of us.

The only material components heal spells have are Raise Dead, Resurrection, Symbol of Healing, restoration, and Greater Restoration

Or we could fire your stupid ass and get a cleric of Azgar the Reasonable.

From this post, I take it that you've never been in one of Azgar's testicle collection rooms? Or talked to one of his squeaky-voiced apostates?

Um, when you say Azgar the Reasonable, do you mean the same Azgar who razed an entire city because the satrap dared to wear green?
The same Azgar who sent brimstone and flame to an entire continent because he witnessed a cow shitting?

A god's portfolio is rarely indicative of their character: see Hera, goddess of familial love

I'm aware actual greek belief is sorta separate from the stories they told about the gods, but still

Playing a Cleric of Abadar in Pathfinder, it is literally their religion to never do something without compensation. This doesn't need to be strictly money, but they certainly like money. Often form contracts with party (IE I'll provide services for X share of loot), and will charge NPCs for services.

>>Cleric charges for healing spells

So, a Jewish cleric?

So they're Jewish?

I shake my alm's box whenever anyone needs fixing up.

> A god's portfolio is rarely indicative of their character: see Hera, goddess of familial love
To be fair, most of her shit was to get revenge on Zeus for cheating on her.

I actually had a cleric player try that shit in a group I was in. We started treating him like a hireling, he got no cut of the loot and only got his jewgolds when he cast spells. That lasted about about 20 minutes before he changed his tune.

charging for heals isn't that unreasonable. the alms go to relieve the suffering of the destitute and the suffering.

>Thief charges gold to open lock
>Steals chest contents

>Should we let this guy in? He really wants to join our party, but he's kind of shifty looking.

>What's his class?

>He said he's a "Thief."

>Yeah, I'm sure that's probably fine.
>Oh shit man you're not going to believe it

She never actually got back at Zeus though. Hera only punished unsuspecting mortals. She even sent snakes to kill a baby in its crib. That's a little harsh desu.

>monk keeps asking for some gold after every encounter
>didn't actually do anything

to be fair if you're the goddess of marriage and your husband puts his dick in anything but you, you might go overboard at times.