Crypto Exchange Thread

What exchange are you guys using and why isn't it Coinbase?

To be serious, new investor in crypto here. I've been trying to get my account verified on Kraken for the last 4 days, with no response.

Binance seems to be the best crypto exchange I've found, but they don't transfer USD to coin. Every exchange seems to be littered with bad reviews and terrible hidden fees/consequences of using them. I don't know which is the most trustworthy.

So, what do you guys use for your exchange (or what is the exchange chain you use to go from USD to fiat)?

HOLY FUCKING SHIT DUDE DO NOT USE KRAKEN.

Their site is barely functional, 98% of the time it just errors. If you are day trading stay the fuck away. How anyone even uses that shithole i have no idea.

BitStamp, no issues so far.

I hear Kraken is pure asscancer be cautious. I use Binance which I feed with Coinbase>GDAX>Binance transfers to save on fees if I'm buying btc

I use Bittrex, is this bad?

Kraken has been cancer all last week but since Sunday is kinda working. But that's not the issue: they just keep your deposits on hold not informing you it happens, not telling you why it happens, not telling you how to solve it: they just ask you to send a support ticket and... wait. And wait. And wait. Barelly info on twitter or anywhere else.

Avoid Kraken at all cost.

They stopped accepting US accounts. Anybody with experience know if they're outright better than Binance?

I will not use Kraken. Thanks for the heads up.

I kept hearing how great they were compared to Coinbase.

Also, is Coinbase actually not that bad? I keep hearing the worst things about it; the worst of which is that they charge exorbitant fees and take days for a single purchase of BTC.

I use gemini to buy crypto with dollars and transfer to binance to buy alts.

If you buy btc on coinbase they have a large fee to send that to a different wallet. If you buy lite/eth the fees are much less and you can just exchange them on whichever exchange you go with.

If you decide you want to buy bitcoin from coinbase also sign up for a GDAX account which is their exchange. You can move btc for free to your GDAX account then send it from there to Binance for free. But using lite/eth will always be faster

Is 100usd enough to get into alts and get something?
The problem being, i have that on Skrill, and BitPanda's fees are the lowest I could find at 4%, but fxing eur>usd in the process, which is gonna leave me with like 80eur.

i'm using poloniex for alts and quadrigacx for btc/eth/ltc > cad

Well, I think BTC is gonna crash and ETH and LITE will be going up. So Coinbase is good for buying those two and moving them to Binance then?

If so, that's much more simple than I was expecting.

It's not enough to see significant gains but unless you really fuck it up you won't lose anything.

Treat the money as lost and use it to get a feel for the exchanges/environment to see how it suits you.

What is up with the TonyDumper thing?

From what I understand, TonyDumper is a credit card fraudster? His Tumblr honestly looks like an FBI honeypot.

ETH and Lite can be bought the same way on Coinbase, they can just be moved out without large fees. Definitely the way to go if you just want to get in with alts. Once I got the Coinbase>GDAX>Binance
>Binance

Is there any legit exchange where i don't need to have 3D secure on my card? My shitty bank doesn't support it.

Amazing. Well thank you user.

Also
>Binance
Is there something wrong with it?

Not that I've found but I'm relatively new and wouldn't have had the time to run in to some problems others may have. The >binance was a typo

this desu

How long does a single transaction take to process successfully on Gemini? Are the fees ludicrous (or are there hidden fees)?

You're supposed to transfer BTC/ETH/LTC from Coinbase/Gemini to Binance

coinbase or Gemini

I used to only trade on bittrex but last week i moved everything to binance and im never going back to the shitshow of an exchange again

Coinbase>ether>binance>shitcoin>ether>coinbase

Well, Satan has taught me how to properly invest. If there was ever a wise business man who knows how to get what he wants, then I guess I should listen to you.

Overall, thanks for all of the help anons. I have started setting up my stuff and am ready to invest in some good altcoins, taking advantage of the fact that Bitcoin is about to either crash or moon again soon.

If it moons, my prediction is December 28th or 29th, right before New Years.