Will privacy coins be the future of crypto?

No they are useless and will never get mass adoption

Monero will be 1000 by eoy 2018.
Verge will be $10 by eoy 2018

Screencapped for when they moon as hard as the most successful alt coins.

none of the coins you can buy today will

This

No.

110%. They won't be market dominant, but they will easily have their own share. You should own some xmr, xvg if you're a fanboy.

Remember the ASIC resistant run we had in October? YOu'll see that once people start realising that cashing out and paying taxes invovles going through every trade you did. Not even joking. Met with an accountant last week and I contacted the revenue commission too. Depends where you're from obviously. But if you're in Ireland, you better have adecent portion in a private coin, off to wallet, and poof.

Yes, especially the near future with taxing season coming up.

>taxing season

Dude this years taxes are filed in over year.

>uug €5m to investigate how to break a blockchain.
the elite vs. open source global community
they have no chance, they just need to look like they're trying

Yup. 5m eu project is nohing. I doubt they can even focus in one tech.

I am involved in 8m h2020 projects and I can tell you that they have absolutely no hope.

Looks like Verge is fucked with its meme protocol.

Seriously optional security is for cucks and showing actual value transfer (even if it blocks out sender/receiver) is going to land people in hot water.

All of those can still be network attacked. Skycoin is the only one that fixes this problem, by having created it's own secure encrypted networking protocol.

If you had to invest in one or the other, which? And why?

This faggot thinks that is easy to do a 51% attack on a decentralized coin like monero

Lol

Also skycoin
Lel

Zencash is the most undervalued privacy coin out right now. Messaging, transactions, publishing.

Transparent blockchain

Centralized

Optional privacy

Lel

ODN

this, but XMR is still undervalued desu

Monero. Solid, respected dev team. Does several planned hardforks without contention to regularly improve security. Hardware wallet support and tor routing coming soon.

this.
plus, monero is (being) implemented in dark net markets alongside bitcoins. druggies will buy to get their fix, no matter what. It's something to rely on aside from other events that decide its value.

I'm an absolute fucking brainlet but even I can see Monero's promising future.

I have faith in the Chinese to starting increasing use of privacy coins to avoid government regulations about sending money outside of the country. I have 20% of my portfolio in XMR and only 3% in XVG since it's a meme coin. I'm currently looking into KMD.

Bitcoin is being dropped from DNMs, they're moving to Bitcoin Cash because of Core's fuckery.

XSH

I see. I'm sorry for not giving the full picture.
I guess BCC is a worthwhile investment as well, then.

Sorry, wasn't shitting on xmr just bitcoin. xmr is still much better for illicit activity.

Only dream have started to accept Bcc. Given that there are basically no markets at the moment, that doesn't mean much. I think Monero will end up being the most widely used dnm coin

This is the most polite conversation I have ever seen on Veeky Forums

No need. Your post was informative and I agree that monero seems like the better choice for illicit activities

>Given that there are basically no markets at the moment, that doesn't mean much
true. the few markets competing with dream are incompetent and problematic.

Monero is unfortunately the only one that can be considered worth two shits and actually private/anonymous.

I wish there were competition, but ZEC relies on trusted setup, and the rest are just total dogshit.

ZEN, despite the trusted setup, is still relatively under bought though.

You've been reading shill posts then

not talking about 51% dumbo
I'm talking about network based attacks, all of those coins are still using tcp/ip protocol, except skycoin.

Don't you think that Monero is a better investment now? BCC had a huge increase in the last few days.
I'm wondering which of the two I should buy in now.

I think Monero is the better long-term investment: hodling for a long time in order to make a profit.
I have no experience with dealing with BCC, sorry.

These may be good but you are missing ZCoin, ZenCash, PIVX, and Dash.

Also Cloak. Once the audit is complete it will pull a Dash.

How has Cloak not been mentioned yet? Great coin with very small volume. Kind of broke out the other day but it's been doing well. I think of all the privacy coins it has the most potential. Great network of people behind it and it's price has risen over the past few days, but not in a rapid manner that screams pump n dump, like verge

any idea on when that will happen? I recently picked up a few, I know they have some stuff going on this week

an explanation of CLOAK for those who are interested

>privacy coins
>coins plural
There's only one privacy coin.

which is?

Until Cloak is fully open source and reviewed, it can't be trusted to be anonymous.

Monero.

Also off-blockchain mixing? Why should that be trusted?

But it has no blockchain auditability and is already way up their in terms of market cap. Privacy coins with auditability should surpass it.

nice shill. XMR is still being used widley on the darknet. Dream market is literally a honeypot

The blockchain being opaque is the entire feature that gives it value. Might as well use bitcoin and a mixer if you want to be able to audit transactions.