Flippening/Dragonslayer

Get comfy folks, this is the official flippening thread.

Pour yourself a nice cup of joe and watch the chaos unfold. For those of you not holding any BCH, it's not too late, we're going x2 minimum in the next few days.

Watch the BTC chain choke on it's own vomit here:
blockchain.info/unconfirmed-transactions

Nice dose of reality here for corecucks:
cointelegraph.com/news/bitcoincom-cto-denounces-bitcoin-ive-switched-to-bitcoin-cash

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JLkcLCgfgi4
jochen-hoenicke.de/queue/#24h
cointelegraph.com/news/bitcoincom-cto-denounces-bitcoin-ive-switched-to-bitcoin-cash
segwit.party/charts/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

youtube.com/watch?v=JLkcLCgfgi4

Just reached 200k!

Ids habbenig!

This is a flippening thread, please refrain from posting non-flippening content, thank you.

>flippening

LMAO

at least wait until Coinbase allow tens of millions of users to dump their Bitcoin Cash share for the first time in few days (01/01/2018). The dump will be epic!

> bitcoin.com cto prefers bch
why is it even news

Lel

Yeah it's not like bitcoin.com isn't the third result you get when you search bitcoin in google, lmao. How does it feel to be so deluded?

this, but still BCH is headed to the moooooon

Shit is gonna get real fuckin real for corecucks. The mempool has just hit the max 500mb size and the cheapest txs are getting discarded. Fees will now quickly accelerate as the desperate fools battle to outbid each other

Embarassing.

You reap what you sow. This would've never happened if they'd simply agreed to compromise on a marginal blocksize increase as a stopgap to increase network usability until offchain solutions are truly ready for widespread adoption.

the coinbase dump won't be anywhere close to what we have already handled, plus with price going up 500 a day you would be pretty dumb to sell right away

We need 14gb blocks just to be able to handle the amount of transaction that visa can handle.

ONLY VISA

>falling for artificial pumps by jihan and roger before the most epic dump in crypto history

LOL, segshit eternally BTFO

+1

and visa handles only a fraction of the payments in the world. increasing the blocksize just kicks the can down the road. and you can't unbloat the chain later.

btards have a problem understanding that

Firstly, there are solutions like graphene in development that should mitigate this, but that's really beside the point.

No system is ever perfect. Blocksize increase is a simple solution that works right now, and makes the network infinitely cheaper and easier to use. There is no reason not to implement it just because it might not work forever. Kicking a can down the road is better than allowing the can to be run over by a truck. The BTC network will be dead long before widespread adoption of offchain solutions if they don't implement a blocksize increase in the interim.

If BTC really crashes under its transaction overload, are we sure the money is heading to BCH instead? My guess would be that the whole crypto market would suffer from this (short term) and it would be more likely that LTC or ETH would profit, since they are known to normies as being the coins with low tx cost.

Equal amount of BTC, BCH and BTG, no stress about flippening :)

Oh shit 500+ sats/byte fees coming

jochen-hoenicke.de/queue/#24h

Why would you ever buy bitcoin gold?

>cointelegraph.com/news/bitcoincom-cto-denounces-bitcoin-ive-switched-to-bitcoin-cash
Read the comments under the article, it feels like reading comments under news articles during the US election, same organized shilling, same tactics, it is obvious shills are being hired by whoever to try to discredit BCH, but like it didn't make Clinton win it won't make BTC win :)

There's no way to know for sure who would benefit the most.

However, the BTC vs BCH narrative has already been set up. A total failure of the BTC network will likely be seen as vindication for proponents of BCH.

Thats the flaw with "dragonslayer", if BTC actually crashes it will tarnish the Bitcoin brand name for normies forever and Rogers insistence that BCH is the real Bitcoin will actually hurt it. People will move on the LTC, the normies already love it and it has no drama.

wew

I think btc still has one more leg up before the flippening desu about 50/50 in my holdings atm though

Imagine being so stupid as to think bitcoin would flip into a different almost as shitty version of bitcoin. ETH is the only real choice.

50/50 in fiat or number of coins?

>14GB to handle Visa

It would require under 1GB to handle Visa, you fucking brainlet.

this
you can believe in bch all you want, but buying it before January dump is brainlet material

ETH will probably win out in the end but the short to mid term gains are in BCH.

Yea I feel like BTC is destined for 25k, but after that the next big psychological milestone won't be until 50k and I don't think we've got the gas left to reach that, at this not during this current 2017 normie cycle.

>ETH is the only real choice.
Wrong

U fucking moron he got it when it forked. Kys newfag

How is binance related to pedobear?
I don't get it, and I've been here for a few months now

Anyone with a fucking brain would have sold it already

LTC is the same segwit/LN dog shit as bitcoin. People are moving to bch or xmr.

Spurdo is not pedobear; pedobear looks like this

Almost in fiat. I haven't dumped the rest yet because I think btc still has one more push up.

25k by Dec. 25th is the will of the normies; it's going to happen whether we want it to or not

>muh flippening
>this time is for real I swear
>look some guy absolutely no one gives a shit about says he dumped his stash

That jew bluff didn't work when Roger lied about selling his coins, why did you think people would care in the slightest about CTO whatshisface?

>pic related, le epic ""flippening""

I’m not sure why corecucks are so obsessed with 1mb block sizes.

The normans on Coinbase don't even know what those words mean, and LTC works fast with low fees without LN even if it might get LN anyways (in that sense it's actually the best of both worlds). I don't have any LTC myself, just saying

Your opinion is irrelevant, the flippnening is an inevitability as long as the core devs refuse to implement a blocksize increase. BTC is simply not fit for purpose, you can either accept that and abandon ship or hold on until the normies realize the truth and dump on your ass.

>muh roger

normalfags are no more likely to pick up LTC than retards from Veeky Forums. Most of you faggots have thrown money at projects and literally have no idea what they do. The portion of Veeky Forumsraelis who actually look into the coin they want to buy is likely proportional to communities outside of Veeky Forums.

Also even mainstream narratives are picking up on bitcoin's scaling issues and alternatives like bitcoin cash.

>not fit for purpose
If its purpose is the least risky speculative asset into the emerging cryptocurrency sector, it's perfectly fine as is.

>you can't transact though!
Nobody cares about buying coffee if crypto is eventually going to replace fiat. People care about accumulating it and trading it. You can still move ~$1k to $10k for approximately 10 bucks, those fees are no big deal. Nothing stops core devs from increasing the blocksize except their ego and a hardfork and the LN is potentially around the corner. Saying BTC is going to crash imminently is ridiculous, even if you think long-term BCH is going to overtake BTC.

>If its purpose is the least risky speculative asset into the emerging cryptocurrency sector, it's perfectly fine as is.
"least risky", lmfao

Not even going to address the rest, the delusion is strong with this one

Sorry newfag, nothing flipped the last 5 times, nothing will flip now. Just make sure to sell your alt bags high and not get rekt.

>it didn't happen so it never will

It won't happen overnight. It may have already started. You won't lose any money if you're smart.

It'll start with BTC stagnating while every other coin moons. One day BTC will "crash" to 90% of it's price and just stagnant there for a while. Then another whale sale and it'll lose more.
All the while, other coins gain. This continues until BTC is no longer the leader, and then it'll liquidate to fucking nothing.

>high fees and transaction times aren't flaws, their features of a peer to peer electronic CASH system

>People care about accumulating it and trading it

The fact that you can write this but lack the self awareness to understand how it undermines your entire argument is staggering.

I'll spell it out for you: High fees are detrimental for trading. To give an obvious example, they completely eliminate the possibility of arbitrage. High fees also make it completely pointless to own amounts of BTC

it wont happen
BTC is the KING (worthless but the same you could say about gold)

?!?!!? but you just described what's happening today and yesterday? ?!?!??!

Can you see the past?!?!!

geg XXDDD

trust me b-cash is not going to take Bitcoin Core's place. Even if the price dropped, even if most mines temporarily quit, the Nakamoto's 1MB rule chain would remain accepted as the real Bitcoin worldwide. Meanwhile bcash is the original test network (green Bitcoin logo), a chain used to test various attacks but this time on unaware users on board brought by an organized groups of shills and shady individuals.

>dat intro

bitcoin is finished

Wow what a compelling argument, just sold all my BCH, thanks.

Nigga like I said, it may already be habbening.

>Can you see the past?!?!!
Lel.

DO NOT UNDERESTIMATE THE GOOKS

The only reason Core still has some form of grip on the general outlook in the community is because of their censorship and resulting dominance of all the forums.
GOOKS and JAPS are far less likely to lurk those and in turn aren't as influenced influenced. Bitcoin core does not have an asian fanboyparade that shitpost in every thread on asian forums.

They with look at both, do quikk maths, and see one coin works as intended and one doesn't. They will buy BCH all the way up to parity even if every single of the westeners get anally brainwased by bitcoin core.

You cannot stop it. BCH/BTC parity is coming in 2018 unless Core goes for 2MB which they likely wont

>visa processes 56,000/tps

That's Visa's absolute maximum. It averages something like 4,000/tps. Which is much much less than 1GB blocks. By the time bitcoin is even close to that level of adoption 1GB will look like nothing (they already do).

>implying you had bch to sell

2mb won’t be enough at this point.

They’ll have to go to at least 4 to stop BCH in the short term.

comfy with a 90% bch portfolio

>Nakamoto's 1MB rule
Funny, I enjoy a 8MB cup of Nakamoto everyday.

So why exactly is the 'flippening' of BCH with BTC inevitable?

If technological inferiority is why BTC will be replaced, why replace it with something that's only marginally better than BTC? Why not alts that run circles around them both? Could it possibly be that you don't actually care about technical aspects and only care about getting something 'cheap' with the Bitcoin branding?

2MB would still be the result of a HF and if they're just going to HF and prove that BCH was right about blocksize, why the fuck would anyone follow their chain?

They're fucking finished.

Are you a brainlet?

Bitcoin Satoshi version is the must tested crypto in existence.

Slow and conservative improvements to the backbone of crypto is much better than slapping on unproven tech. Alts are for risks and trying new things.

>So why exactly is the 'flippening' of BCH with BTC inevitable?

I'm so tired of hearing this question.

Flippening doesn't mean that BCH will go to the #1 market cap and stay there forever. It simply means that it will surpass BTC at some point. In the long run I fully expect a coin without "bitcoin" in the name to occupy the top spot. In the short term, the BTC vs BCH narrative has been set up, and those who pick the winning side will see tasty gains.

A great asset also is that bitcoin.com is in the hands of pro-BCH people, if it was in the hands of Blockstream it might have been harder to turn the tide

There's a lot people who want bigger blocks but they want Core to do it, they don't like Roger and Jihan even those two had the right idea about big blocks. So if Core would finally increase the block size I think people would definitely still trust the Core chain and ditch BCH. That's what scares me about holding BCH, if Core ever DOES out aside their pride and annouce they're willing to increase the blocks a bit, BCH is gonna dump so hard.

>it's not impossible therefore it will happen

Nice fan-fic.

I miss the time when Veeky Forums wasn't full of stupid normies and other unironic shills. I miss the pajeets, the dgb marines, the bitbean shitposters and even the nocoiners.

Anyway I just want you guys to know you're intelectually void cancer and I sincerely hope you die and can't post anymore.

>Roger and Jihan
Stopped reading there, they aren't devs.

As if BCH was "Roger and Jihan", that's a narrative pushed by core shills, there are several independent development teams behind BCH totally unrelated to Roger and Jihan

But we both know they're the driving force behind BCH's existence, exposure, and price.

>There's a lot people who want bigger blocks but they want Core to do it

The vast majority of people who supported a blocksize increase are now on the BCH side. If you have evidence to the contrary, I'd love to see it.

>it's not impossible therefore it will happen
It won't happen because it's impossible, it will most likely happen because of everything that's being talked about in this thread and more, but talking to you is a waste of time, either you're a core shill or a deluded core cuck or just too intellectually deficient to properly account for the available evidence

1. They didn't just increase blocksize. They also don't have segwit which makes it safer for merchants to accept 0-conf transactions. They made POS feasible again.

2. There are fast alts with inventive solutions but Nakamotos design has proven itself to work with excellent security over 9 years now. And that is what BCH is following.

3. Yes its also about branding. Normies are dumb as shit

4. MOST IMPORTANT: They have a shitton of devs on their payrol. Not blue haired pro-bono wannabe refugeee-cheering bitcuck-core developers but actual Phd developers full time.
Do you realize what kind of teams Roger, Jihan and Craig Wright can fund with their insane crypto-bux?

THIS IS CAPITALISM. They will fund the shit out of creating the most innovative coin and they can spend literal BILLIONS of USD to do it.
While corecucks post on twitter they are spending fucktons on making BCH win and bitcoin businesses will see that and side with BCH as they already started.

Also once BCH does really good Bitmain my decide to destroy the BTC prices by dumping their stack.

>Anyway I just want you guys to know you're intelectually void cancer and I sincerely hope you die and can't post anymore.

Damn that's a lot of anger. I'd be angry too if I knew the truth but constantly had to force myself to believe otherwise. In typical corecuck fashion, you present no arguments, just vitriol and insults. Sad, but predictable.

Yea exactly, they are on BCH's side because Core refused to increase block size. But I think it's fair to say those people would have simply preferred if Core were the ones to increase the block size themselves, so Bitcoin would have bigger blocks but still all the devs and resources of Core.

Dont discount how important its gonna be when we become the dominant sha256 coin too

Alts cant compare to that

At all

Gpu mining is crap as well as pos

Do you realize XMR developers have admitted LN is basically needed and has been on the roadmap since forever? I don't think many realize this..

They're adopters, what's your point? You like everyone else who hasn't read the white paper or looked into bch's reasons for forking off in the first place have no idea why bcash has gotten so much support as of late. Look into why segwit was a hostile take over of the network, how LN would centralize, how Satoshi always intended to scale with block size, etc. Stop trying to character assassinate people who ultimately have nothing to do with with bch's existence and development. Or keep it up and hold the core bag in a month.

I see your point, I just don't think it's very likely. Maybe if they had addressed this immediately after the hardfork people would be interested, but the communities have become incredibly polarized in the past few months.

Segwit is DOA.

It has a .01% adoption.

Proof

xmr isn't implementing any of that retard.

>so Bitcoin would have bigger blocks but still all the devs and resources of Core.
Why in hell would they want the "devs and resources of Core", as in a dev team paid by Blockstream itself funded by bankers who have proven they don't want to make bitcoin a peer-to-peer electronic cash but the electronic equivalent of bank notes

Monero will lose to another cryptonight if they implement something like lightning.

Yes I know. Its both a retarded upgrade and will take ages to be adopted. re-read my post if you think Im pro segwit

this

Pony is just one dev and frankly the most retarded.

>whenever BCH is pumping there's a bunch of BCH threads each with 3+ IDs promptly and dilligently replying to any criticism on their narrative, whilst frequently complaining about "core shills"

Lol. Keep it up guys I'm sure everyone's believing it for sure.

Just came here to check if shills & newfags were still making the board absolute shit, and you are, so I'll be on my way now.

Not an argument.

So how would XMR end up any different than BTC if its transactions will be obscenely expensive. You're deluding yourself if you think the devs will magically fix this shit. It will end up just like BTC and will end up relying on Lightning routers.

Fuck XMR, you realize their Devs are small blockers and blockstream proponents?

If xmr implements any of this shit I will drop it for another privacy coin.

it's 10%

segwit.party/charts/

That's what I'm thinking too. It's just set up for a disaster right now.