Dad’s advice

Saw dad last night. Showed him my 2.6 btc blockfolio and he gave me some bullshit pasta the next morning. Salty nocoiners.

>solid long term plan of gainful employment
Fuckin boomers

Your dad cares about you what a fucking pajeet

That is advice that a lot of people on Veeky Forums give. It has nothing to do with being a boomer it has to do with not being a retard and cashing you your initial investment so you literally have nothing to lose.

taking out your initial investment is pretty comfy though

>gainful employment
>happiness

pick one father

>please get a job instead of making me look stupid for wasting 2/3 of my life working

BOOMERS BTFO

>solid long term plan of gainful employment

Your dad legitimately loves you
Don´t be a prick

>cashing out in 2017 JUST before the biggest bull run in human history

This. Boomers are fucked for too many reasons to list.

>legitimately love him
>wants him to be poor
pickone

>i know we fucked your chances at making it as a wageslave, and you found a loophole out, but struggle anyways you little shit

My dad openly admits he should have listened to me and bought in 2011. I tell him to still buy and it’s the same old FUD. Whatever.

Funny to me that biz simultaneously advocates investing in crypto before paying off debts and taking out your initial investment.

I honestly can't tell anymore. Are people on this board just memeing to be funny or do they unironically believe that they are going to be rich and never have to work their entire life off of an initial investment of ~$1000 in crypto.

IM NEVER FUCKING SELLING

>NEET FOR LIFE

Sounds like your dad cares about you and doesn't want you to lose your initial investment. It's sensible advice, you literally lose nothing if you're just trading gains.

>have nothing to lose

That's a thermodynamic impossibility.

Why do boomers try to trick their own brain with math they don't understand? The more you sell, the less Fair, Future, and Universal Money that you have in the future.

I got news for you bro. 2.6 BTC ain't shit. You are still poor and you are going to die poor. Accept it.

>please focus on not being a useless fucking NEET
your dad loves u bro. better listen to him

>hit the bricks and give the manager a firm handshake
>that's how I bought my own home working a 9-5 job when I was your age

can you please hang yourself, faggot? thx

This is actually good advice.

I cashed out my initial investment when I was 600% up.

Seriously though, my Dad said the exact same thing to me last night.

Its fucking stupid. Its income generating capital and there is no value in having it sit 'safe' creating nothing at all. Also the remaining money is just as valuable, its not "nothing to lose". Its the type of advice a fucking woman would give

Why are old people such fags?

>OP doesnt know how to trim profits

considering all this bullshit isn't really worth anything, I'd say it's good advice

do you guys really sit around blaming the boomer generation for all of your problems? I'm 28 now, bought my own 200k+ house at 24, bought a dodge charger at 25, started my own business at 25, bought my mom a 90k jaguar this year and in the process of selling my business for multi-millions. Crypto gains are just icing on the cake. Grow the fuck up and do something with your lives you pathetic NEETs.

>JUST before the biggest bull run in human history
I hope so, then I'd be able to afford school and live comfortably

neck yourself, please

Your father is saying that the only guarantee on future income is employment. He's giving you good advice and you're being an asshole.

I don't know why any of this shit is worth as much as it is, but I'll happily make profits from it.

I'lll suck your dick for a litecoin

I unironically believe I can be rich off internet money.

MOMMY THE BOOMERS HAD IT SO EASY ITS NOT FAIR SO IM JUST GONNA SIT AT HOME AND DO NOTHING CAUSE LIFE ISNT FAIR WAAAAAAAA

>Veeky Forums is one person

Do you realize how cum slurpingly gay you sound?

Gotta strike while the iron is hot. I’d never take out my initial investment. This is the future. To hell with fiat.

Your first mistake was telling anyone about your gains. Now you're just a bragging tool to him whether you succeed or not.

Also he's not wrong depending on your individual situation. I'd wait until you have 100k before cashing out 10k worth of seed money, unless you already have a bunch of money also diversified across other assets. I mean, yeah, fuck wage slaving if you can avoid it, but Veeky Forums lacks proper appreciation for diversification.

i see sperg typing, but not necking. get to the necking part.

topkek
spoonfeed manchild detected
as if anyone could easily achieve this
try this in europe, a house for 200k lmao
also they rape you with taxes, let alone having a business

10k from 48k worth of BTC isn't a bad idea.
Split the difference for 5k from 48k isn't a bad idea either
Planning on doing something productive even if you keep every Satoshi in your wallet for 100 years is a a fucking brilliant idea.
Trading crypto and reading shit posts every day all day and all night on Veeky Forums is not healthy.
Heck just sitting in your chair for all that will take 20 years off your life.
It will also turn you into a nihilist curmudgeon.
The purpose of life is life user
Plan to go out a bit and live.

Dads don't want you to fall hard, take his advice as a sign of love and completely disregard it.
Your money, your choices.

thats great but your obviously a fucking idiot with this double layered strawman argument. Also most people here have probably wage-
slaved for years. You think you are daddy sensible on a board of 17 year old neets isnt that cute ya dumb fuck. I bet you think you are in better shape than every one else here too you fat fuck

Did you really send a meme to your Father?

He probably let a tear slip, blamed himself for failing to raise a stronger son. Harboured just a little bit more hate this bitter world for and what it's become. Dreamt of simpler times with you, for you. Always about you, user, he's your father.

>i hope he secures himself a house
>i hope he finds a loving wife
>i hope he gets a fulfilling job to enable his dreams
>i hope i've done enough to give him all i ever could

But you send him memes.

funny to me that this user thinks Veeky Forums is one person

What’s your business? Sucking cocks? Let me guess, web dev? You make sucking dicks sound honorable fucking kike.

>spoonfeed manchild detected
Grew up dirt fucking poor. Lived in trailer parks and been on food stamps when I was a kid. Mom was a 17 year old single mother. I didn't say what I did was easy, it was hard as fuck. I'm just saying stop blaming everyone else for your problems and do something with your life.

this user is also right thogh, but don't pull the brakes too hard.

nobody believes you are anything but a miserable sack of shit lying on the internet. kill. your. self.

This

Bizfags are pathetic jealous losers

Boomers gave the countries our grandparents died for to third world shit skins who hate us for being white. Fuck every single kike-enabling boomer on earth.

The market is doubling every week or two rn

Taking out 10k will cost you atleast 10k by xmas.

Wont be a correction until the new year.

NEVER listen to boomers for investment advice

> sit in a chair watching numbers and shitposting
> sit in a chair watching numbers and shitposting and having to deal with Mr Shekelberg screaming at you and Stacey being a bitch

also this quit the faggotry boi.

You seem really mad. I wonder why.

tihs, I'd bring out the belt if my son responded with memes and didn't have to courtesy to give a written reply.

You're dad has seen a lot of crashes and you may realize he's right, but only when it's too late. He could be wrong, but he's just trying to be safe.

>thermodynamic impossibility
Stop watching big bang theory and actually read a book.

Why do you guys even tell ur parents? I don't tell anyone but I vaguely tried to get my friends into it awhile ago

Reddit-tier post

It depends on your personality.
Taking out your original investment can feel comfy and reassuring that you can lose nothing but the time you invested.

If you are completely comfortable keeping it in crypto, don't have a stressful personality, and never make any reckless decisions, there's no reason to cash out any money you can use to generate more though.

>have nothing to lose
this is such a retarded principle
his initial investment isn't any more 'real' money than the rest of his portfolio. If selling is a good idea, it shouldn't be informed by how much he put in. It should be informed by how much he needs, and how profitable/unprofitable it would be to take it out of the market.

Forget your initial investment, it makes no difference. Make your decision based on logic.

Memes are how the younger generation expresses love. Get with the times, gramps.

>take your investment principle off the table
And then what? Stuff it under your mattress? He should've thought this through before giving his son advice.

Not selling here.

user you’re experiencing something called survivorship bias:
>HURR DURR I DIDNT GET LUCKY I WORKED MY ASS OFF. IF U DID HARD WORK UD HAVE MILLIONS TOO!!!

t. Lucky fuck who doesn’t realise how much of a role luck actually played behind the scenes and who now has a messiah complex due to “overcoming” his initial poverty.

Success is relative, to succeed someone else has to fail, the most intelligent thing to do is take the path of least resistance to financial freedom, for most of us that’s crypto. I made 300k this year CASHED OUT with virtually no hard work. I just bought 2k monero, cashing out half every year. Bought some mining equipment too. E-z gains.

>dodge charger
You fucking got me dude I'm dying

dad seem to know his financial shit

Your dad is giving you solid investment advice because he loves you and you rudely dismissed it to post a screen cap on an image board. Sort yourself out.

Old economy advice from pop. Make your money and get out when YOU need to get out. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity. Take it.

It's call taking profits on multiple levels are you retarded? Oh wait I'm on Veeky Forums
All in
no stop loss
hodl

Pay off some debt. Put it in a savings account. Buy some stock funds. Buy some bonds. Practically any of the other responsible things you do with a healthy chunk of money that isn't earmarked for something else.

He's right. Take your initial investment now. I'd go further and take a little profit.

logic says you should take profit at some point

>Dad giving solid advice

I wish your dad was as good with money as mine was

My dad just asked "How much are you up" and when I answered "a lot" he start going on and on about how I should sell everything right now while I'm ahead

Can't wait until all the fucking boomers die

>a stronger son
>hands of steel
pick one faggot

>he doesnt understand blockchain

This. Your dad is smarter than you op.

B-but my infinitely inflatable fiat is going up r-right?

fagot

The dad never said anything as far as i can tell about being a wage slave.
He said have a plan of gainful.
yeah if user can avoid the office cubical by all means do that.
I don't know
go in your garage and build wood furniture
Go on hikes make it a hobby
Mow lawns
Get a part time job selling burgers and fries.
Point being it isn't about the money earned from said activities
It is about fulfilling that innate itch and drive to be a person alive in the world.
Crypto may pay for user's bread but user cannot live on bread alone.

$10k how much does it make of your total investment? It is not too much.

Aaand there is always risk of losing quite good portion of it. You retard will never sell even though it slowly drive to zero expecting it to reach millions of dollar in future. It might crash in few days, lose more than %60 value and might take few years to recover. it happened before.

Taking reasonable portion at survival ratio to invest in """yourself""" is quite wise advice. If you are strong enough it is time to share the risk.

Right? The number of people I've talked to who's idea of if they got something like $50k was "quit my job" is staggering.

I mean Veeky Forums has become a lot more awesome since everyone started making crazy gains on crypto and actually looking at making their money work for them, in contrast to the daily "you can't beat the market" threads we used to have. Only problem is we kind of went the other direction and now everyone thinks you should drop everything in to crypto and has no idea how to take profit or what to do with their internet money.

>implying
It's a way to protect yourself from a black swan event. Tomorrow something that nobody could predict might happen, that crashes crypto by 90%.

1. All major exchanges gets hacked.
2. Land of freedom bans crypto.
3. Satoshi decides to dump his 1 million btc holdings.

Financial freedom to me would just be to get rid of my mortgage. Then I would be free to pursue more fulfilling work, instead of what I'm doing to make money.

I couldn't retire off of 200K, but my life would be a hell of a lot easier.

>Bought 200k house at 24
>Started business at 25
...... lmao where did the 200k come from you faggot?

I started with 1000 bucks 3 months ago and I have now 40k (40x). I could had 60x, but btc rush fucked me good.

I only need to 20x this amount of money to retire but I might aim for another 40x just to be sure. So yeah, with 800k (about 10 apartments I could rent in my country) I will never have to work again, boomer

If it's a minuscule amount then yes cash it out. It's the same as trading shitcoins, cash out 10% at 10x.

>tfw your dad is highly into crypto
>has you invest 20k of his own money
>end up turning that to 300k

Thanks Veeky Forums for telling me about IOC, and XLM. And especially XRL

I've took back my initial investment + a few hundred,left roughly 6k in crypto. Ain't gonna get big any other way.

Taking out your initial investment gives a bit of relief. Seeing the money return to my bank account was nice.

>Then the remainder is house money and if it vanishes it won't matter
I FUCKING HATE THIS SHITTY ADVICE. That's not how you fucking trade.
And I'm someone who went from $3,000 to $100,000 in crypto this year. Taking $3,000 out and saying "well now it doesn't matter so I can gamble the rest" doesn't help shit! It's terrible advice.

I didn't say he shouldn't. I said the amount you liquidate should NOT be based on your initial investment. It should be based on how much you want/need, and whether you think the assets will go up or down if you kept them in crypto.

>sending your dad a meme image with cursing
wtf

None of those 3 will be the the next big crash. It's either Tethers or just a snowball roll down the hill out of nowhere just like most crashes in history.

My initial investment was 700. Up at 1.7 now, rather take it out for a spin. Im not cashing until i make 100k. Then i will secure only 10k from that.

Crypto is the future.

This hahahaha

Your dad is right OP, you will learn soon...