/pfg/ Pathfinder General

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Tian-Xia Romance of the Three Kingdoms Edition:

Would you play a game in Tian-Xia in this type of game? Or are you more of a Sengoku Jidai kinda guy?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW

Avowed Playtest 1: drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Avowed Playtest 2: docs.google.com/document/d/1rV7kaF9JL2gw9xQalkEnlEDL9WXtbsaCqNABm_pLIgc/edit?usp=sharing

Spheres of Might playtest:
docs.google.com/document/d/160bWvYewTwEXj9ZZv-jJ9-VrvGpYNHNcF8w6BMsdqgU/edit#

Bloodforge Infusions updated playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1GvwMclLSw15slYI7D5xLdjMzr-Nau92hNha9Sx0LOk4/edit#

Old Thread:

S e n g o k u J i d a i

Honestly, I kinda wanna see someone try to handle the Christian Civil War in a tasteful manner

Not for Gloriana, because she had a monster child too.

>user continues to shitpost about his fate/stay shit fan fiction
>thinking anyone will fucking bother to apply
>thinking anyone will bother to apply to a PvP game
>thinking anyone will bother to apply to a game without lewd
what a fucking faggot

I want to have a non-lewd game in voice with pfg and just shoot the shit, but nobody ever wants to get a fucking mic.

>F/SN
>Without lewd

Sexual intimacy is literally the best way to give them mana.

I would actually apply but can't make the time for it and also am not enough of a history person to think of a fun Servant.

I do know one other person applying though.

People are under the impression that I'm a girl and I'm too embarrassed to correct them.

Them here being Servants.

>user sounds cute enough to be a girl

What's your favorite occult class?

Napoleonic Wars, please.

>thinking anyone will bother to apply to a game without lewd
lewdness is only allowed if you can write in a similar manner to Nasu.

That just means you'll be good at playing girl characters.

I'd shoot the shit in voiced with you!

>insert pOnOs into her vOgOnO

Mon compatriote de la nation Française.

JE SUIS MONTE

Mesmerist.
I make about an even split of male/female characters, and an even split of trap/reverse traps.

I will admit the world has taken a large deviation from normal Nasuverse, and that means likely getting people acquainted with it will take time and a fair amount of effort. People not applying due to that required investment is something I am concerned about.

Particularly because even beyond normal stuff I am going to have to draw diagrams to explain the cosmology and how its changed in reference to deific beings vs. the spiral of origin.I have a feeling as soon as someone sees a diagram their brain will shut off.

What does pfg shoot the shit over, I wonder?

Would a large voice presence in the general make pfg more or less cancerous?

Which nation is most likely to go full Napoleon?

>Ambitious man takes over following the turmoil of a massive revolution
>Claims he wants to remove nobility and Kingdoms for the sake of the people and replace every Avistan government with Republics

are you sure you don't secretly enjoy it

Wait, someone's actually doing a F/SN game?

Holy shit that never works out well.

Probably Galt if anyone actually stabilized it.

No, I'm sure I secretly enjoy it.
Have you not read his posts? He's done this successfully 6 times.

Have you seen how much we bitch over text RP?

How cancerous /pfg/ has become with the rise of celebrity GMs/players, and the bullshit of those who desire the same infamy?

It can only make things worse. Before long we'll be fucking tumblr.

Boy, I sure do trust what people say on the internet, otherwise I'd have to hit him with a :thinking:

Who wants to fuck Tumblr? They all have the same, weird-looking noses on there.

He said the previous 6 times were all for the same meatspace group, so that might be a contributing factor to it working.

Those are good points. The greater human element might reduce bitching by an amount, though it'd probably cause more cancerous celebrity anons and characterfagging.

>How cancerous /pfg/ has become with the rise of celebrity GMs/players, and the bullshit of those who desire the same infamy?
See the whole celebrity player thing I don't believe. Being popular doesn't help you get in games. DHB can't find a game to save his life.

No, I haven't. Just here because of the op image.

I think the point is that most of /pfg/ is people circlejerking over the most visible people/characters and/or trying to force their own characters as memes now, not that those people are actually getting into games.

Does sneak attack work with power attack? Is it recommended to do both in combination?

I know this is one of the things keeping away some people, there's no actual discussion of the game, it's just everyone sitting here jerking off over fucking X character, or jerking off over X player. It's not about PF, it's just this strange circle jerk that isn't even worth visiting if you aren't up on the latest memes.

And you people wonder why Devs don't come here.

So, uh, are there any good recommendations and/or sources for short, premade modules to run through? Been itching to try some shorter games to try things out, but don't know where to start. Preferably meant for PCs higher than level 3, though the 5-7 range would be good.

Didn't QANON get into some game based on knowing the GM or something?

They work together perfectly fine.

And Sneak Attack isn't something you 'use' or 'do' so much as it just works whenever conditions are met.

Yeah, it doesn't matter if they get in or not. It's the potentially weeks of characterfagging that happens with every app for every game.

Seven Swords of Sin has some fun stuff in it.

>And you people wonder why Devs don't come here.

This is factually incorrect. Jolly comes here, the SoM playtest was posted here just the other day, and I know for a fact the other DDS devs post here since they keep commenting on homebrews that are only posted here.

It only seems like Debs don't post here anymore because DSP is kill, so they really can't post here anymore

If your going to rightfully insult the meme games, at least get your facts right first you retard

In what situation wouldn't you want to use power attack turned on?

Most of the devs are fags though.

When you can't hit.

MFW I do no damage when I'm not Power Attacking because of DR and I can't hit for the life of me when I am.

Just get the wizard to solve your problems for you.

Power attack is only mathematically better because on average, the damage bonus outweighs the attack penalty.

When you have some huge source of extra damage like sneak attack, this statistic changes, as you're giving up much more potential damage for the Power Attack bonuses.
Don't use power attack and sneak attack together.

Unless you can reliably hit anyway.

Hi, friends! I'm about to start running Rise of the Runelords Anniversary Edition for a crew of six. They're an even mix of experienced gamers and less-experienced players, but I've been playing and running PF more or less for the past 10 years. Guess I never got around to properly running Runelords.

I'm having them look over races and classes this week, and we'll do chargen next week as our first session. I've asked them to avoid picking CN, NE, or CE as an alignment, but otherwise things are mostly open. Third-party stuff can be approved on a case-by-case basis.

Does anyone have any advice from personal experience on running that adventure path?

I'll be working on a campaign. Just need to find and fix my old notes

Sengoku Jidai x Three Kingdoms x Mongol Invasion

Grossly historically inaccurate, exaggerated for the sake of storytelling, ridiculously badass character portrayals.
I don't care for historical inaccuracies in character creation - You can be a wild west cowboy or a templar knight for all I care. This game focuses on large scale combat, chivalrous bushido duels, some politics and economics and all about becoming badass warlords. (For reference: Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon is my favorite anime)

4th level. 25PB (No stats at +5 starting), Core+Featured+Standard Races only. No Gestalt. As much as possible, try to keep class dipping to a minimum, I hate being nose deep in books trying to make sure your build is legit.
Background Skills + Feat Tax Fix houserules.
PoW allowed. Psionics allowed. No full casters. Early Firearms.

GMT +8 Saturdays and Sundays @ 8am to 12 midnight
Maximum players: 4-5

>3/4 BAB class
>Reliably hitting

Ha ha.

How should a LE tiefling Cossack turned Varangian guard behave?

Rolled 2 + 1 (1d4 + 1)

Gonna roll up some tiefling traits, Veeky Forums, feel free to join in.

Tell me anons, why aren't you playing a setting that's Dynasty Escaflowne: Raiders of the Black W.A.K.E.R.

Rolled 31, 10, 17 = 58 (3d100)

Let's see what we end up with...

We didn't have a wizard, although I was technically part wizard as the Magus of the group so I gues I should have known better. (I didn't know about Blade Tutor's Spirit at the time)

>multicolored hair
>almost unnoticeable nose
>fangs
So apparently I just rolled up an anime.
Those are gonna have to be some big-ass fangs to make up for that.

I forgot starting wealth at WBL-1

>GMT +8 Saturdays and Sundays @ 8am to 12 midnight
This is the game availability right? Not the run time?

This sounds like fun but >that time period, holy shit

thats the run time

Sorry user, I'm living in an east asian backwater city. The time zone should be telling.

Holy shit

It's more that you're wanting to run 16 hour sessions.

>Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon is my favorite anime

MAH. FUCKING. NIGGA.

Welp, it was fun while it lasted.

Horizonbros ww@?

That's the time range he's available I think...
Season 3 when!

see

JUST BELIEVE!

Yeah, I just saw that. Fuck. 8pm to noon Sunday and Monday, what.

>tfw "Save you from anything"
Horizon is the freatest way to run a campaign.

I should have fucking clarified.

Sessions start 8pm to midnight. during Saturdays and Sundays only.

FUCK.

jesus fuck

some of us have work or school, user

okay yeah that makes a lot more sense.

Still something I can't make, but it makes more sense.

"WE ARE INVADING THE SUCCESSOR STATES" said the Hongal. "Please respect us, or we might invade you as well."
"Okay," said Minkai.
So the Hongal came over, ready for war, and then died to a Druid. They tried again, and had a nice time fighting with the Minkai, but then died to a Druid.

As in, two sessions per one weekend?

Oh... that makes a lot more sense. Still, bum fuck early though, but time zones are a bitch.

[hire a samurai]

What in the fuck are you on about?

Are you trying to run a 16 hour session, two days in a row? Are you stoned?

Are you trying to *START* an 8+ hour session between 8pm and midnight?

Shitting christ.

I am interested but whether I apply depends on whether I get into Potato Lotus Dijon or not.

It sucks that english is my secondary language.

Saturdays 8pm to 12 midnight
Sundays 8pm to whatever time the players have to sleep because they have work in the morning.

So 4 hour sessions, on back to back days, in a asian timezone?

Sorry fellow horizonbro, it's still not gonna happen.Just like S3.

I mean, you're GMT+8, so most players will be behind you in time. Personally, it'd be 8am to noon.

>look at kitsune
>realize they are supposed to be humanoid foxes according to pictures
>instead everyone in my group depicts them as fox kemonomimis

Hm, that is funny in hindsight

>8 am EST
>on a weekend
>5 am PST

better hope you get some yurobros

Yeah, sundays tend to not happen when I run a campaign as well. I guess every Saturdays make sense.

Thanks for the review
>Upgrade village into town
Yeah, this one makes sense.

>He's apparently soloing enemies
Didn't meant to have it be understood like that. He works in groups, which is why most that know him think he's off in one way or the other (Corrupt, degenerate, or whatnot) because of always doing the same last moment redemption chance thing.

>Where's all this goodwill towards monsterkind coming from?
I wrote it in the backstory-He knows from his training that there are still some emissaries of the false gods out there, and some are acting out of self-interest or still being actively helpful to humans (Have confirmed this detail with DM). These emissaries were created by the same evil gods that created the monstergirls, yet some have either forgone further service of their creator or gone and helped humanity insted. Monstergirls are presumably just as sentient. There should be a chance one may be redeemable, but may need some pushing towards it. There's a reason his Hedgehog's name is Dilemma.

Does China even have ttrpgs?

>4th level. 25PB (No stats at +5 starting), Core+Featured+Standard Races only. No Gestalt. As much as possible, try to keep class dipping to a minimum, I hate being nose deep in books trying to make sure your build is legit.
>Background Skills + Feat Tax Fix houserules.
>PoW allowed. Psionics allowed. No full casters. Early Firearms.
I love this. I love this so fucking much.

>GMT +8
FFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKK

I'm a flipfag with chinese ancestry

Too many skeletons.

I know it's a ten-year-old adventure path, but...anyone?

I wake up at 6:30am every saturday to play RotJR, step up.

yeah, the character creation rules is pretty fair. And you rarely find DMs who does background skills and feat tax fix houserules.

And if you are playing as a Slayer?

Will you allow SoP?

I've never used SoP, and haven't encountered anyone in my old group using SoP.

But isn't SoP a spellcasting feature? I'd be honestly apprehensive since full casters tend to ruin games.

Maybe with some serious cheese optimisation

"rarely"

user that's like every GM here.