No morning bread edition

No morning bread edition

Stale bread >HHG FAQs
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf

>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp

>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764

>/HHG/'s allegiances
www.strawpoll.me/10663447

>Oct 16 White Dwarf
mediafire.com/file/zm71nli980zr97h/WhiteDwarf_Oct16.pdf

>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318

First for the First Legion

2nd for Custodes!

Nth for we will build your wall Emperor Jeje

Traitor legions are basicaly mexicans

If the E's FW model's like that then I'll give up on painting him.

> $60 for 5 Custodians

Fuck, really?

It's too iconic of a look now for them to deviate too far. Though the armour likely wouldn't be as detailed.

Correct me if I'm wrong: Alpharius can use Insidious Mastermind to bring in (for example) a Tactical Squad in a Rhino from reserve against an opponent's Drop Podded Tactical Squad as long as that Drop Pod is arriving on the 2nd turn onward, because both have the same unit entry, Tactical Squad, and said Drop Pod is arriving via reserves.

In an alternate timeline, the council of terra has decided Curze and the Night Lords need to be put down as renegades before the heresy has started (not that they know it's coming, of course). But they cannot decide who to send, and due to other military commitments can only send a single legion. Through bureaucratic weirdness, the deciding vote has fallen to you, user Anonymous. Which legion do you decide to send against the Night Lords?

Personally, I'd send the Alpha Legion. They're desperate to prove themselves compared to their brother legions, and this gives them the chance. And being masters of misdirection themselves they should do well against Curze's slipperiness and tricks. By comparison, the wolves would just get rings run round them as they charge head-on looking for a straight fight.

go on ebay you imbecile.

Space wolves. Killing other legions is pretty much their job.

Nope, Horus will manipulate them to turn the Alpha Legion traitor

I mean turning the NL from renegades to full traitors.

Alpha legion since i'm obviously Alpharius.

Aesthetically, about when did the Traitor Legions started to become CSM-ish? I mean horns, spikes and weird backpack kind of things. After retreating to EoT? or even before?

It depends

Dark Angels. Though only because of the meta reason of them cannonically stomping them during the Thramas Crusade

Did any other loyalist Legion have more of a net negative impact on the war effort than the Space Wolves?
>Turned a loyalist legion to the traitor side
>got le tricked by the Alpha Legion forcing other loyalists to bail them out
>dawdled so badly getting to Terra they not only missed the siege but also forced the Dark Angels to be late
Did they end up doing ANYTHING that actually helped with the war effort?

A lot of them died off? That's a netgain due to less yiffiness.

You make an excellent point

certain features are legion specific like the world eater crests and the eyes and carried on into chaos, some are mutations and others are trophies and so on. Weird backpacks, stars on the armour and some horns and racks are probably post-heresy since the chaos forge worlds would have made them, some like the plague marines and rubric marines probably became chaosy because of warp exposure, the rubric and chaos favours.

IIRC:
>EC
Went full degenerate pretty much from Isstvan. Actually kind of impressive how fast they fucked their armour, and themselves, up.
>IW
Kept their shit together, probably post-Terra for seeing large amounts of corruption.
>NL
Didn't go into for chaotic decoration, but had spikes and brutal trophy decorations on their armour already.
>WE
Steady decline, probably went downhill faster after Angron's daemonification.
>DG
Also kept their shit together, up until the the journey to Terra when they got stranded in the warp.
>TS
Dunno, there's been so many retcons it's hard to know where things stand (e.g. whether the rubic will happen before or after the end of the heresy) until more info comes out.
>SOH
They always went in for brutal trophies, though not to the extent of the NL, but it definitely increased as time went by. In Vengeful Spirit (Moloch) it seemed reasonably common in the legion.
>WB
Early, some of that shit was about for Isstvan, they were definitely going in for chaos decorations by Calth.
>AL
Kept their shit together.

No, I am.

Gentlemen, our legion is one. We can all be Alpharius

Thousand Sons for ruining webway project and effectively chaining the E to Throne.

Could you guys suggest me some Questoris Knight names?

Current candidates are:
Atlas (with gauntlet and skull head)
Timber Wolf (with dog head)
Sahelanthropus (too bad there's no railgun arm)
White Glint (Crusader with missile pod I guess)

Why are chain axes still just a WE thing? Weren't other legions using em' as well pre-heresy?

I mean, I'm not asking for free chainaxes for everyone, but it'd be nice to have the option at cost.

those are all bad

The Fists are the wall builders and have (Kevin) Alexis Pollos the Crimson Fist

Not even FW knows, so I'm gping to say yes. I'm not a dumb intern but a random user on the Perivuan koala-smuggling network, so that gives me more credibility.
BTW, do you want a koala? It's totally not a cuyo, guaranteed

>Sahelanthropus
Aaaaaaaaay

Could you at least give us loadouts, a theme or what you're expecting the names to convey?

Do Secutarii use the same colour scheme as their Titan legion or their Forgeworld?

Is it a Classic Koala, or one of those shitty New Koake things?

Is there a list of all the various [nation] [noun-verbing] board jokes anywhere?

>>Turned a loyalist legion to the traitor side
When will this meme end?

Ætheric Rim.

When the retconn happens where SW no longer make sure that the only option Thousand Sons have is siding with the traitors or getting anal'd by both sides.

It's not a meme. Magnus was a loyalist that was forced to either turn to chaos or watch everything he loved die

>implying Magnus hadn't doomed the TSons ages ago

>thinking it wasn't Tzeentch fucking the Thousand Sons over ever since day 1 just trolling the fuck out of Magnus

From the other thread, why the fuck are there two threads:

Reworking my Head of the Gorgon list from last night a bit. It shows 2980 because I can't figure out how to put shatter shells in the list with battlescribe. Any comments? Orth is in the venator. Should I cut down on the Cortus's guns some, and if so, what should I do with the points?

Also, is the contemptor mortis with assault cannons enough AA, or should I swap them for autocannons to give me more reach?

>why the fuck are there two threads:
Whenever you behead the serpent, two more heads grow

Cut down your cortus to just the fist/gun, and seriously consider swapping the gun for a chainfist. 145 points gets you a good unit.

Your Sicaran is schizo with the extra HBolter, either sponson HBolters as well or drop the pintle gun if you keep lascannons.

Your vets loadout is fucking stupid, for ten dudes with sniper is five points cheaper than five with plasma, and sniper does nothing for sniper. A full squad with an AA sarge and a MMelta rhino is 220 points. Combi-weapons are kinda mediocre unless theres a purpose for them, like legions that deepstrike their termies with combis to ruin artillery and such. Since you lack both utility and numbers, probably drop the combis. A PF sarge is often a nice investment, just in case you can mutual knockout an expensive IC with s8 ID.

You will want machine spirit on that demolisher, essentially fast vindicators that shoot through being stunned are amazing.

Hydra Dominatus

Koala Klassic
I just make them up

The sicaran comes with an hbolter for free, battlescribe just displays it as pintle mounted instead of hull mounted for some reason.

Marksman gives the vets outflank, not just sniper. I'm taking marksman so I can walk them on from reserves and light something up with the 4 combi plasmas + plasmagun. And what exactly is stupid about sniper? Is precision shots with plasma not good somehow? The FAQ says that you use whichever is better for wounding, so if fighting a T8+ target you use the Sniper rule to wound on 4+, and on anything less you use the weapon's S since that gives you better numbers.

Frankly, you sound like you don't know what the fuck you're talking about.

Oh, but I will take your advice on machine spirit. I'll have to find 5 points somewhere after dropping the graviton gun + havoic launcher and adding a chainfist to the dread. Maybe I'll take a power fist off the terminators and give him a power axe.

Welp, you can be an idiotic twit and insult someone giving well-meant advice, but to me, spending 165 points on one unit of plasma vets that are walking is wasted points, since once they blow their load they're just an expensive squad of footsloggers that will be slaughtered, if they even walk onto the right side of the board and not into an artillery barrage before they get into range to blow it.

For 50 more points, you can have a rhino with a decent gun, which both adds durability and is better at getting them into rapid-fire range than walking, while remaining a mild threat to vehicles. As far as plasma, it has an overlap with the sniper rules what with easy wounding and ap2, for 16 points per dude i find it better to be bringing more snipers rather than one-trick-pony 30 ppm dudes. Some plasma in a squad can be good, but still, two plasma guns in a full squad in a rhino with a multimelta and an AA sarge is still less than a hundred points more than what you have. But sure, ignore this, i have no idea what the fuck im talking about.

Can I field an Acastus Knight with Legion Astartes, or use it in 40k games? anyone know? The rules are sort of ambiguous.

What's even the point of having a vet squad with nothing but bolters when you could just take seekers so that more than 1 in 6 of those bolter shots do something? Or just another tactical squad?

They do different things though. Sniper vets with bolters are great to always wound on a 4+ no matter the toughness, you don't feel bad about moding and firing, and if they get the opportunity to charge something and fuck it up with around 40 attacks on the charge. They're also one of the cheapest options to spam combi-weapons.

With Seekers you wanna set them up in cover where they have good fields of fire, and then never move so they can fuck up infantry with Scorpius rounds. Which means either scouting or infiltrating them foward, or giving them combi-plasma so they can do something on the turn they deploy. And you definately don't want them to end up in melee.

Compare the price of seekers and vets, and get back to me. Seekers also need to sit still for a turn after getting out of their transport to use their only top-tier ammo, which is also heavy 1 not rapid fire. They're also a priority target. Plus, enough precision shots works well, even with bolters, against 2+ characters-nothing feels as good as knocking four wounds off a primarch with nothing but bolters because he thinks he's safe in a unit, only to fall prey to majority toughness and the inevitability of rolling 1s for armour save.

Basically, sniper vets are the best combination of durability, general killing power and mobility options for their points. Opinion, of course, but using them as combi-plas squads footslogging in from the table edge is a waste of their potential, especially if you lack some form of acute senses to dictate table edge.

>why the fuck are there two threads:

Well, at least one has "Horus Heresy General - /HHG/" as the actual subject rather than OP's name, a proper summary, image with HHG on it, and links back to the actual previous thread.

>Plus, enough precision shots works well, even with bolters, against 2+ characters-nothing feels as good as knocking four wounds off a primarch with nothing but bolters because he thinks he's safe in a unit, only to fall prey to majority toughness and the inevitability of rolling 1s for armour save.

This is why I love Terror squads so much, especially since they also have Preferred Enemy and can take Volkite for S5.

I always love people who are like "here's a waY to add 100 points to your list, won't tell you how to drop points though"

Anyway, 2 of the vets are already modeled with combis but the rest can get bolters

I wish other legions had more widespread access to volkite, its such a cool thing overall.
Maybe you shouldnt act like a passive-agressive cunt when receiving advice you ask for

It's not a reason to spam up the board with a second thread though. This one was easily found in the catalogue with normal search terms ("hhg", "30k" and "horus" all find it fine). But I guess a nice summary is worth pushing another thread onto page 11.

What is the biggest, most disgusting example of WAACfaggotry you have seen, HHG?

I've seen too much of it in 40k, but so far Horus Heresy players seem to care more about having fun thankfully.

You do realize the two threads are less than 5 minutes apart. It's likely this thread wasn't even up when the other one was being made. Why don't go and bitch to the other one's OP about deleting his shit?

>Not being in both threads
The other one has two more post than this one anyway

Knight Lists are a good contendor, due to their rock-scissors-paper nature. Same can be said about cybernetica, secutarii spam w/ titan and the mythical dracospam auxilia list, which i've never seen on the table. As far as mindset, there was a guy who smugly boasted of his tactical ability when he won and refused to play anyone who beat him, but his list was a footslogging DG list that folded to any serious anti-infantry, so eventually he grew to be less of a bitch because everyone could beat him. Not really WAAC since he couldnt build a good list to save his life.

>there was a guy who smugly boasted of his tactical ability when he won and refused to play anyone who beat him
>Not really WAAC since he couldnt build a good list to save his life.
Kek, it's like double fail. Like a reverse WAAC

That's B&C isn't it? They are a right bunch of chucklefucks. I do like how the SW tactica thread there devolved into discussion of what they should email FW about to beg for better rules, with claims that if enough of them do it they can force FW to give them the rules they want. Wankers.

Anyway, don't know if anyone actually tried it, but I remember seeing someone on the internet arguing that a mortis/deredeo dreadnought can shoot the turn after it fires interceptor. The argument went: if you don't activate the helical targeting array the next turn, the dread doesn't have the interceptor rule any more, and so isn't prevented from firing by the interceptor rule.

Eventually, people learned how to use transports, how great air units can be, the wondrous nature of Deathshroud meeting medusae or vindicators, and how to dodge the flamers full of poison. He spent two months being a punching bag and not understanding why his amazing army wasnt winning any more.

>He spent two months being a punching bag and not understanding why his amazing army wasnt winning any more.
Oh boy, he truly embodied Morty's fighting spirit :^)

It all changed when he debuted his morty and some rhinos, which was the mobility his army needed, but two months of being kicked around taught him humility, and while he's still smug when he wins, he's not anywhere near as sore a loser.

Also if I put them in a rhino they get outflank so that part is wasted.

Yup

Quality quotes include

"Guilliman is Gorkanaut tier bad."

"Wraithknight can easily D it out in 1 turn."

"Leman Russ is not worth taking, he doesn't even buff his army."

Don't forget "grey slayers can't even kill a tactical squad without taking some casualties themselves".

And the fucking rule mistakes. I think the entire salamanders tactica thread has people thinking that master-crafting flamers actually does something.

>Grey slayers
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE fucking wolves shitting cheap power weapons out the ass

So literally anything that's not marines

>want to make Imperial Army
>militia is either lol300levies or grenadiers
>Solar Auxilia models are nice, but not nice in a way I want to work with/cost more than a firstborn child
Should I just use the SA rules with the minis I'm going for and adjust when the actual IA comes out a few books from now? They mentioned wanting a Tallarn book that focused on the Army in the distant future.

What kind of minis do you want to use?

Progress on TS and EC.

only 5 more legions to go. Plus 2 marble statue marines for the Lost Legions (they'll be super plain with bolter across chest, one in black marble, one in white marble)

Or alternatively I'll make it 20 by putting a Knight Errant and Blackshield in there instead.

Certain monobuilds, all of which can be tailored against by Marines if they know what to expect. For most average legion lists though, they're all brutal, barring a few specialties like all-flyer armies and such

Either this or the new Victoria squad shown on Dakka. Cheaper than FW but I think either company is still too much for infinite rending cultists.

Damn sideways pic heresy

>Left leg not even properly glued together

My OCD is spiking

I think the kneepad juts out way too much and doesn't suit.

Dude, those are so cool. Whether you make the missing ones or the KE & Blackshield, you gotta post them here when done.
Could we see more of that EC with the dual power shortblades, please?

tHIS.

That TS pose

>Why are you doing that ?! What the fuck is wrong with you ?

It's WIP so there is still some cleaning up and spills etc to fix.

I wanted a Duellist but heavier and more brutal. One that's not there to fuck around, unlike say Lucius or other EC.

Thanks

why do we have two threads? CTRL F people!

Maybe better said in the thread created 2nd?

Maybe you should too?

Ahh luckily I hate monobuilds, no fun to look at in the army

Secutarii are that bad? I mean, the Droplites are filthy good, but pretty damn squishy once they're done, so it's an EXCEEDINGLY good anti-deathstar/LoW unit. Damned powerful, but probably not unbeatable unless he has like 3 squads.
Peltasts just seem like decent line troops now they've nerfed their flechettes and fixed the price. I love them very much, but they fight and die like the slightly cheaper, shootier and worse at melee and taking hits Tactical Squads that they are. Haven't been running with a Titan, though. Other than the obvious D-spamming bullet sponge, does that make them so much better?