youtube.com/watch?v=A4LZ8iCSkeU

>Fuckin Magnets how do they work?
youtube.com/watch?v=w8Tkw7ttTIo
miniwargaming.com/magnet-guide
bolterandchainsword.com/topic/297605-tutorial-magnetisation/

>List of mini manufacturers for converting and proxy
pastebin.com/p6bVhGsg

>Stripping Paint
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Dakka_Modeling_FAQ:_How_to_Strip...

>On the consequences of insufficient ventilation
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronic_solvent-induced_encephalopathy
hse.gov.uk/pubns/indg273.pdf

>In the face of death, I shall have no remorse.
youtube.com/watch?v=N_ZgyNoHtjw

>Previous Threads

How to become god-tier?

Practice.

practice, practice, more practice.
That really is it, some talent will help, but just practising your craft is the best way to improve.

I need some Volkite paint schemes, my Volkite Carronade is a little big to just paint with the usual copper/leadbelcher I use for plasma guns.
Sadly, I'm short an airbrush, or I'd try some OSL.
Can anyone help?

Heat blackened brass tip with shiny brass or gold rings and a casing that's the bolter color of your legion

Does everyone usually varnish their models?

Is it necessary to dilute it?

I just varnished a model and I'm not completely satisfied with the results. On my test model I applied some of my The Army Painter varnish (anti-shine) but it was too dull for my tastes. I also have Citadel Ardcoat but it's way too glossy.

Applying ardcoat and then mat varnish was better, but maybe I messed it up, because I suddenly saw brush strokes as the ardcoat dried...

Any advice?

concentrate on getting the fundamentals right and take it from there.

My first model!

The more I look at it, the shittier it gets, but it's not garbage at least. Especially the gold and eyes need a lot more improvement. The edge highlighting is somewhat rough as well, and the bolter needs more contrast.

However, other than -fixing- these mistakes, I'm not quite sure how I'm going to -improve- on my next model.

If anyone knows a certain technique or tutorial that this model definitely needs, then I'd love to hear it. Any other critique or comment is also very welcome.

Let's say you had to paint a company's worth of Marines from various eras very fast.

Is Astral Claws the easiest, most striking scheme you can think of?

drill the barrel on the bolter

Celestial Lions would be pretty simple to do and Gold > Silver

I find this is very good for a first model. My main critic would be towards the base. Right now it looks like your dude is walking through some nice whipped cream.

>first model

Fuck off that's brilliant mate.

Your technique looks fine and will only improve with each model you paint, maybe the blending could be a little smoother but that will come with time

You'd be surprised at how hard gold can be to pull of but nowadays dith the new paints I kinda agree. Even more so with GW's new gold spray.

Yea that's what I was thinking, that spray is such a timesaver

That's an idea, they're an interesting chapter also.

Is the Leadbelcher spray any good?

Thank you.

Much of it is owed to tutorials and the countless photo's of pro-painted models out there I could imitate.

> nice whipped cream
Haha fuck, can't unsee

Bruvva Killenidas and his squad mates.

Doing it for a silly thing.

Slowly but surely. I'm done the bodies of the first sprue. The melta gun needs to be magnetized yet, and so do the bolters, though I might have to chop them up for Volkite and combi.

I've never had a good experience using it, Army painter has way better metallic sprays
This pleases me greatly.

Oh that's a special kind of superb.

"Brother Killenidas... why are you so slow today?"

Poor Killenidas, that beakie is going to tattle on the captain that he hasn't been cleaning his armor

>Leandros, I'm telling you, they let anyone in the Chapter these days!

Er... Too busy prasin da Emprah... Da real kweshchun is why ain't you?

>Double Rhino into da fight!

Has the Adeptus Mechanicus gone too far?

More like Adubtus Mechanicus, am I right?

Anyone else dyin for a sammich after seein this?

Sounds good, was worrying it would look shit without fancy airbrush OSL. Not a Legion vehicle, it's one of the two main weapons on my custom fuckheug Admech flyer, which is probably going to use the Manta rules.
My last project fell through before money was spent because shipping problems, so I have a little bit to throw at something cool.

We're pretty much always in a state of "Gone too far", but that's tech-heresy to even me, and I use Tyranid and Dark Eldar parts on my Magi.

This is why renegades are so fun. Tech heresy for everyone!

Truth there. My Dudes are a Traitor Biologis Explorator fleet, who got shot at a couple times after everything went to hell during the Heresy because they thought we were on the other side - First planet shot because they saw Xana (traitors) markings, second planet because they were Reductor ships and Reductor mostly stayed loyalist.
They assumed everyone had gone mental, found a tasty system with rich mining and interesting fauna and set up shop, and slowly went more heretical as they found more cool shit to do. Basically an independent biopunk Admech nation.

Lets me go completely nuts with converting whatever the hell I want, and because most of it is mainly plastic kits it's a hell of a lot cheaper than the Heresy Mech anyway, and easier to tinker with. £42 for one 100pt beepboop that isn't even all of one troop choice?

I just enjoy going completely mad scientist and strapping whatever I want whether it can fit.

With the occasional screaming unfortunate to give it flavor.

Didn't do much today, due to illness. A bit of shading on his front, one or two details and a bunch layers on his back where the colour was looking really off in places. I think I've managed to bring it all back to a similar tone. Based his sword, I think I'll tackle that tomorrow when hopefully I feel less ill and there are fewer terrorist attacks going on.

Really impressive first go, looks like you really swatted up as there are loads of good techniques in there. I'm in agreement about the base, I'd be tempted to remove him and use another as the base rim is looking worse for wear.

Love this.

this is not your first model you posted this like 10 days ago so fuck off with this shit

you guys are idiots

Or you could not start an argument and just post what you're working on.

Painted the Devil from the Outer Dark from the Conan boardgame by Monolith.

Thank you, the base was an afterthought, to be honest. I'll see if I can make something better out of it.

He's right, though.

I posted pic related a few days ago, but I had a few replies saying they it was too blurry to judge.

This time I used a decent camera, and now I posted the improved photos itt...

It's still my first model. D:

Also WIP of the Giant Snake from the same game.

Still looks good, user.

If I were to add anything, I'd say do some highlighting to make the pink bits pop a bit more, then go ham with some gloss varnish.

I really like the skin, but those spikes need some shade / highlight, they stand out to much from the rest of the model since they are just a flat color

Eh, not a particularly bad terrorist attack. They didn't even bother going "SHUT. DOWN. EVERYTHING." pointlessly once it was over like they normally do. RIP some dudes inc. cop, GJ some other cops and all back to work.

Beautiful model, though. Looking forward to seeing that cool scythe daemon prince painted. Not been able to do much myself other than clean Knight parts and be busy. Get well soon and paint some more shinies, user.

Thanks. Working on it. I wanna avoid making the highlights to bright, though. Otherwise they will look like candy.

I really like the skin highlighting on him and the muddy palette works very well for the model.

>Conan boardgame
>Giant Snake from the same game.

Does it come with a James Earl Jones model to swap out with?

>i'd be happy putting those on the tabletop
haha here we go again.
Can we fucking stop this please? They're a lot higher than tabletop quality.

This pleases me greatly.

so, I've edit around with colors on this picture to try and find a color-scheme I enjoy, and this is one that I enjoy a bit more. Would you say that it could work for a force of "armored" nurgle marines?

I tried to paint it in a more "bone"-ish color first, but it didn't come out well in the photoshop.

I want you to run a Seraphim Sepia wash on that sword, would really rust the thing up without too much work.

kek

Working on my first Knight, and I'm trying to magnetize the leg joint. I have some 9.9mm by 0.8mm magnets, would two of those each side (directly glued to the inner side of the torso, and inside the nipple dome at the top of the legs) work fine for holding the legs and torso together, or do I need more? N52, of course.

Thanks. He was a lot of fun to paint.

No. But I'm sure it could be arranged somehow.

>lose a bid on ebay for two 3rd edition rhinos
>this is what became of it

>he bought a literal church to put on his base

I gotta say, I'm slightly impressed by your dedication to make the meme happen, but also somewhat annoyed that you bought GW's overpriced "terrain".

Good luck with your work, nevertheless.

>9.9mm by 0.8mm magnets
I'm not sure if that'll hold, you might want to look for something bigger

Well, okay then.

I must say, that wasn't actually an intended meme, I just wanted some battlefieldy boxes and shit to put on the bases, although now I see I've slightly skimped on this one - going to have to spray and glue down some cork and such, since it's currently one crate, one barrel, a beacon, some barbed wire and a dead Son of Horus.

Built it before I heard about the meme, so accidental use of the same parts is accidental.

>not sure if that'll hold
Damn. Not even if I stick two or three together?

Also, side question:
If I use greenstuff to fill holes to sink magnets into, will it hold to the plastic well enough on it's own, and can I just press the magnets into the stuff when it's not dry and smooth over the top a bit to hold them in? Other ones are using superglue, of course.

Are my necrons at least passable? Never posted them, just got back into the game. Haven't ever done any basing. Advice?

I know I have been harsh a few times in my critique towards your painting style, but I got to say this is the best so far! This model has contrasting colors, depth and highlights and despite having some color, looks dark and gritty as hell. A bonus for absolutely nailing the mouth and eyes!

>Right now it looks like your dude is walking through some nice whipped cream.
well, I guess it makes sense for an Emperors Children

I'm trying to find some good looking breacher shields and jump packs for my 30k wolves. Any suggestions?

Don't worry user, what goes as a "church" on Veeky Forums is just about a few sprue parts and a piece of plastic card sticking out of the base.

Why exactly would you want to magnetize the legs? I get it if you want to do it for the weapons, but the legs? If it is for transportation, just put a rod in between his torso/groin.

the beakie should be next to the ork in disguise, then it would be perfect

I was planning to paint celestine and friends faces today. But I couldn't resist to paint this instead.

Just about done with this thing

ork vehicle?

Hey, it's okay. I know that I have gotten sloppier over the year because I have less time to paint.

at the moment it's all blending together, it needs another color to make it really pop

Anyone have pointers?

Taaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanks! All in various stages of WIP painting dem for da boss.

>Advice?

I see the green making an attempt at OSL, but let's talk about the bodies. Is that just Leadbelcher washed with Nuln Oil? Seems like you could use some Runefang Steel or (so aptly named!) Necron Compound to brighten them up on the edges.

>not doing the helmet

I'd say they are passable but there is room for improvement. The green on the thick cable on the rifle and the high lights on the back carapace look inconsistent and patchy, you might try giving them another thin coat to even them out.
With the high lighting if you feel up to it I'd recommend a second high light with a bright green, maybe mix some white with the green you're already using. You could especially use it on the lines under the barrel of the rifle as it just seems like a big thick green line or you could just try and thin that line out a bit.

Yeah it's lead Belcher with nuln oil because I wanted them to look kinda dark and worn. I tried to dry brush with some necron compound, but it didn't seem to make a difference. Maybe I was doing it wrong?

Should I cut back on the green highlights on the gun in favor of typical eshin grey?

>dubs

>4.84 MB, 3290x2549
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I was worried the green highlights on the gun and carapace would look too wierd. So I should add a thinner, lighter highlight?

I just don't want to get laughed out of my LGS as none of my friends play so I'm going to have to interact with strangers to play lol

well, if you can paint it, why not

>strawberry period blood pink

Ha my bad

Made a start on perturabos head.

Any tips for eyes? Im shit at them.

It is for transportation, and so the torso doesn't randomly fall off as much as the rest of the store knights during a game. Decided fuck it and secured some stacks of three magnets in with greenstuff. If it doesn't work I can always try that method.

My other motive was to get a little practice with magnets and greenstuff before I start mucking around with arm joints and weapons options, since I've not used them before.

What said about the mouth and eyes. Holy shit, user, that's some good looking flesh.

Yeah, I think a think thinner, lighter highlight would look good.

Green highlighting on a Necrons should be fine. If you wanted though you could go with eshin grey on the majority of the black regions then just green on the surfaces surrounding the green plastic rod part of the barrel to give the impression that it's light coming off the barrel.

yeah, put some black on them

>doing both on magnets

The boltgun could use some touchups and trilling. Otherwise, I like it. Definitely a lot easier to see than before.
Also, keep the whipped cream base. I'm now picturing the Emperor's children walking in on a billion-person orgy.

Awesome. Thanks for the help guys. Well get back to you with results

Woah, why didnt i think of that.

painting is tough, glad I could help

Started the head of my inquisitor, pretty happy with the tattoo though I need to ass a brighter red to the centre. Once I finish that it's onto the coat and backpack an she'll be done.

whoops! "add" not "ass"

Looking sweet so far user.

Thanks. The secret is pink.

looks like an eldar

woah cool, you increased his filesize by 1.3mb because you are too retarded to select .jpg instead of .png

thanks I'm glad you noticed

PNGs hold more data therefore they're better for such high detail work

Do you add anything of actual value to this thread or are you just a shitposter?