Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

we wuz 40k n grot edition
also first time hosting

previous /40kg/

dunk of the day: youtube.com/watch?v=TPMmyXjTUQU

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android.
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!z4wmmJyR!jTfwLczhdFjV0q6nowtGag!qgZhmAhK

>40k rules reference in wiki format.
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Latest GW teases
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW FAQs.
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>List organizer picture book
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Offline list builder
battlescribe.net/

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

Thoughts?

Plastic sisters when?

>SoBcucks still in denial

Castellans Detachment?

Plz don't make new thread if the old one didn't reach page 9

Also what is the most newbie-friendly army
- rule-wise
- budget-wise
- modeling/painting skills required

when orks are made s4 and i3 or better (never).

Pic related, easiest to paint, easiest to play and pretty cheap to collect.

R8 anti-Custodes / Gay knights list

They're imperial fists to reroll bolters

Probably pic-related in your post.

Reminder that the purpose of 40k is to be a vehicle for social justice.

Aclimating your Tau hate would be a good way to cope with it.

I dont play them but probably Spess Mahreens, low model count, can be as good or as trash as you want in game, also so many of them out there so theyre cheap as chips on Ebay. Plus most are just one colour and a trim so painting is easy.

Has anyone managed to cheese out a filled FOC castellons detachment yet at a lower points level. That could be hilarious.

>"There will be no plastic sisters guise."
>Still in denial
>After the named Canoness, who was failcast, sold out for months
>After Celestine was the primary selling model of Gathering Storm I
You can only fuck up so much.

Is a terminator spam army shit?
What about dreadnought spam?
I'm thinking Iron Hands

Low-energy bait.

It's possible, but you run into the issues that all low-model-count armies have. Additionally, Tau is extremely reliant on Markerlights, which your army doesn't really have. Suits by themselves have mediocre BS.

Dreadnoughts are poo. Terminators are meh, chaos terminators are super poo.

>C-Celestine is a SoB I swear!
>w-what do you mean I can't take her with SoB squads
lmao

>Vanilla DevCents

But why. That's such a fucking waste of points.

Make them Grav Cents and stick in a pod where you need them. Gravspam lists are shitty anyway. You're better off running gravbikes. If you want pods, take melta/combi-melta and do what you need to do.

Grey Knights is the best budget-wise: you are fine with 15-20 models.
Not the easiest to paint but having low models will allow you to allocate more time for each model and save time in general.
No particularly complicated rules also, except for the fact that all units are psykers, and many units will have mixed weapon types (both melee and ranged).

Dreads are pretty good for their cost. Even a stock dread in a pod at 135 is really cost effective. Pay the 5 extra to turn that shitty storm bolter into a heavy flamer and you're golden.

>Orkfags got most of their metal models replaced w/ plastic ones 4-5 years ago
>Bolter-bitches still stuck with metal models in 2017
I'm a greenskin and this is just depressing.
Seriously GW, you take care of the boyz and other xenos before the nun with guns? Hell, you brought a WHOLE NEW FACTION INTO THE GAME and haven't given the SoB plastic models yet.

Zoggin' hell GeeDubs, get it together...

Terminators are shit save for assault terminators

At that point cost there's no such thing as a "spam" terminator or dreadnought list.

Dreadnoughts are ok support heavy weapons units with capabilities in cc, but they're residual and should only be taken as compliment

Exodites fucking when?

One downside is that they don't have a Start Collecting. Understandable since they could just call it Finish collecting if they gave you 10 models a vehicle and a qg

It's necrons. Painting them is hilariously easy, they're great value $ to points wise, their units are extremely hard to kill with good shooting. They're complete idiotproof.

Pic related is pretty good, especially since they are immune to fleshbane and poison

No they aren't.

Yay, GW shipped my Sisters of Silence pre-order early, tracking says they'll be here tomorrow

>immune to fleshbane and poison
>I don't play 40k

Why do people like AdMech? They're the lamest army in the game, every single model looks exactly the same.

>Hey user, my Seraphim are going to use their Act of Faith to get shred
>"YOU CAN'T DO THAT. CELESTINE DOESN'T HAVE THE ACT OF FAITH SPECIAL RULE, EVEN THOUGH HER WARLORD TRAIT RELATES TO FRIENDLY UNITS USING THEIR ACT OF FAITH"
>O-ok, I'll just fire normally then

BLOWN THE FUCK OUT HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>Reporting cheetah-poster
I know that MODS will do nothing but still feel good

>Can't even manage a coherent response
I'd hate to see how you'd react to a scenario in a pickup game, if you struggle to do it anonymously online.

Honestly haven't checked out CotI before. I'd gain ongoing reserves but lose ObjSec? I'd need to get something to score objectives with then

Kek, must suck to have GW treat you like the cucks you are.

>playing a female army in 40k
lmao

I'll just forge the narrative!
Deploy from an Immolator, shoot and hope back in during the assault phase!
Narrative!
I'll shall make my 3+ saves against everything because they have so much faith!

I'm going to narrative my way to first place!

>gets triggered and btfo
>runs away crying to the mods
>they refuse to enable his faggotry
>he gets sexual pleasure from this
lmao

>Aeldari
LMAO

This summer. They'll release the "Jungle bunny showdown" boardgame that pits exodites and kroots against each other in a steamy jungle warfare.

>sisfag too retarded and mad to process basic english
>10 years
>no models
BLOWN THE FUCK OUT HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

>Steps away from object of conversation
>/pol/ buzzwords
>Cares about the gender of pewter toys
>Embarassing furry avatar reaction image
BLOWN THE FUCK OUT HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

R8 my list

It's a base for me to start buying miniatures.

Spare tacticals would combat squad and hold objectives / shoot behind covers

Assault squad is just to harass

have you considered dreadnoughts?
You should have 5 or 6 of those.

The fuck? You were bashing SoBcucks with me a second ago.

>so anally anihilated he quotes the wrong post
lmao

I've considered buying a venerable but for lower points list in which I need heavy weapons

Fuck off

Did summer started in the USA or I'm less tolerant for shitposting today? This thread got annoying really fast.

>you cant do that!
>yea I can she's clearly SoB
>nuh uh this poorly worded rule states you can't
>fight me kid
>what...?
>I use my act of faith
>o..ok
>fuckin nerd

Hey Veeky Forums!
I had a pretty good game today, my Kekclowni Aeldariā„¢ and Darki Aeldariā„¢ vs Tau.

I went in to it expecting to lose and lose I did but I managed to give him a pretty good run around.

>Higher demand than any marine character model
>Still failcast
It must hurt being so wrong.

Spring break

>SoBcucks trying THIS desperately to appear alpha irl
>in a taiwanese cave paintings conference room
ayy lmao

>ywn have a gf that uses the skulls of her fallen enemies as boob protection

>Not intelligent enough to comprehend irony
>Keeps avatar spamming
My sides.

Is Castellans of the Imperium considered cheese/WAAC?

When does it end?

no.

>gw purposely releases the tranniest model to put the final nail in the SoB coffin
>SoBcucks still purchase it like the trap-lovers they are
Not him, but XD

Depends on the area early ones are this week and some will have next week off but they should all cycle back to school in early April.

Yes, but also no.
You can't really turbo waac with it, but it can turn annoying for anyone that isn't marine broken formation, Tau or Eldar.

If you include Coteaz, every infantry model in the detachment has objective secured.

>cheetah cucks trying this hard to be best cat
>panthers exist
Pathetic

Termies can't take a pod. They derpstrike for free.

Shadow seer gave him the run around with fog of dreams and stopped his riptide shooting while my entire army closed in for the kill.

I wiped out his broadsides and cleared away his crisis suits but then I made the biggest mistake of the game, I charged him.
Overwatch claimed the life of the shadow seer, the sky weavers, 4 harlequins and 1 wound off the solitaire, when what was left of them reached melee the, Ws1, tau proceeded and destroy my clowns in close combat.
Solitaire died or a riptide while his commander murdered my troupe master and one harlequin.

Why are tau so good in melee? We may never know and I may never come this close to beating Tau again but it was a fun game.

>not intelligent enough to tell one cheetah from another
>tfw I actually triggred him enough to make him switch sides without ever actually attacking him
This is not ok. My sides are melting.

They can, just not as a dedicated transport

Yeah, noticed!

It just feels like an extreme min/max at this point, losing all the fluff

February 2017... whoops

Castellan of the Imperium is the only New formation that has a point cost.

Mind you the point cost is in the form of Torquemada Coteaz. 100 points so everyone gets Objective Secure (everyone non vehicle)

Kek

Only if you respawn Drop Pods.

>pantherpleb can't even post an example
Glorious cheetahs continue to remain in the master race.

>liking the most irrelevant cat
lmao

Is Battle for Vedros any good for kids? Might pick one up for nephew if its simpler than full blown 40k (he's 8).

pls stop posting cheetah and cat memes on my thread and also stop responding to them.

i think it's the general idea

>my thread
Dude

>not a single pro sports team is called the cheetahs
>literally dozens called the Panthers
How can cheetahs even compete?

>tfw you wish Scruffy visited from /mlp/ to take out the trash

That mother fucker is relentless.

user honey the last time SoB got a chance for plastic models was back in 2004 when the veteran superio Seraphim model was release.

That said I keked with that image macro

>SoBcuck already traumathized by glorious cheetahs
Kek how your fragile, estrogenic mind will even handle your eventual squatting is beyond me.

>all said teams just happen to be irrelevant losers
Kek

>Implying I care which avatar spamming pleb I verbally bash the shit out of
>Still can't comprehend irony

>panthers lions and jaguars all have multiple pro sports team
>cheetah cucks sit at home and wait for the superior cats to come bang their wives

I don't like them either but you can say the same thing about Space Marines too. 30k AdMech look baller and Skitarii aren't bad. FW Skitarii upgrade kit looks extra baller.

Fucking furries.

Question:

The Blood Angels Codex tends to have equipment descriptions for characters like "Can take from the special issue wargear...relics of baal", but none of that stuff has point values in the back of the codex. Is it free or is there something I'm missing?

MODS

How does it look to you user ? I only wish I could squeeze in a Deathwing Dread. Any feedback ?

Forgot my picture.

ditto on this
idiots dont realize that if you continue responding to cheetah cuck that he will keep on makign straw men. good grief.

Page 51

Are Renegade Knights battle brothers with Orks and other xeno races or is it just CSM?

So what are 'must-haves' in Castellans of the Imperium? Which goodies should I throw in now that I don't have to bail something out by getting a HQ & troops from that codex?

Opinions needed:
A Space Marine Gladius of exactly 107 Marines: 60 Tacticals, 20 Devastators, 20 Assault, 5 Command, a Captain and a Chaplain. Plus vehicles.

All Sergeants are painted and converted to be First Founding/Grey Knights. All squad members are painted as individual Chapters and led by their First-Founding Sergeant.
Unknown lineage or spillover are reallocated to Command, or to bulk out the number among other squads.

> Tacticals
> Ultramarines, White Scars, Salamanders, Iron Hands, Space Wolves, Grey Knights
> Assault
> Raven Guard, Blood Angels
> Devastator
> Imperial Fists, Dark Angels

All models are converted, painted and based beautifully. Battlefield effectiveness is second to style.

Am I autistic?

yes but its pretty neat. pics?

Why? Why do you feed him? He ask the same fucking thing thread after thread.

I2
Poison
Cheetah
Night lord FAQ
Walkers are not vehicles
Not telling what is inside transport

You should know better by now. This shitposting is old as fuck

>>Higher demand than any marine character model

The fuck are you talking about, all the marine limited edition models sold out and the plastic terminator chaplain goes for $300 on eBay.

If anything, marine models show even greater demand, since their supply is so high and they STILL sell out, repeatedly. Of course a SINGLE SoB limited would sell out. At this point ANYTHING SoB would sell out due to low supply and moderate demand. It doesn't even come close to proving the demand is higher than marine demand when FW literally only pumps out marines because the demand is so high.

TYRANIDS AND ORKS ARE FUCKING SHIT