Lawful Evil

Lawful Evil.

Discuss

>lawful evil
>posts chaotic good

Alignments are stupid.
There you have your answer.

Anyone got experience playing a LE character in a mostly good-aligned party?
How'd that go?

People who think that alignments are stupid are Chaotic Evil

What is evil?

So he's a communist then

This. It's 2017 and there are still people who haven't realized how fucking retarded alignments are. Truly makes you disappointed in humanity.

>has a plan

What did he mean by this?

>I hate alignments because I'm a petulant selfish pile of shit who doesn't like being reminded of my own failures

Lol you really are chaotic evil

That's a lotta green in your post

Lol its current year guys come on

The patrician's alignment

Damn I would slam the shit outta that ugly bitch

>tfw uggo fetish

More like Lawful Dumbass. "Let's terraform this planet to be just like Krypton instead of enjoying the superpowers we'd get living on it as-is. Nevermind that I adapted to them in a couple of days, it would be too traumatic a change for our people."

finally someone with good taste in books

best alignment.

refute

u r wrong

come at me

Or you know, adapting Mars or Venus. Not like they had a space ship.

First off
>Current Year Argument

Secondly
>I hate Thing, and other people are discussing Thing, rather than leave it alone I will spend the time to bitch about it, hopefully discussing their conversation because of my enlightened intelligence

(You)

Raising an entire race of super children would be a logistical nightmare though. Nothing they could build would withstand a teenager's temper tantrum. Terraforming a planet to support Kryptonians actually makes a lot of sense when you consider how bullshit OP even a "normal" one like Clark is when exposed to the yellow sun and oxygen.

Zod could absolutely have gone to another planet though like said after getting the stupid codex thing from Clark. He'd probably happily help Zod if he decided to just not be an asshole about it.

Very playable as the token evil teammate in a good/neutral team. Makes for great drama, but not to the point of murdering each other. .
I love playing LE characters.
They also strike me as more realistic than say, chaotic evil, who are just random sadists, and more interesting than neutral evil, who are mostly self-interested. Lawful evil characters usually have a goal, and can actually see a picture greater than themselves.

It's Evil.

>He'd probably happily help Zod if he decided to just not be an asshole about it.
>crashes an entire spaceship full of children because he doesn't like the guy driving.

The first, last, and only legitimately good theatrical Superman movie was Iron Giant. Prove me wrong.

Wait what? What space ship full of children?

>Superman and Zod discover a Kryptonian colony ship on earth filled with unborn Kryptonian children
>Zod plans to use it to repopulate the race
>Superman fights Zod aboard the ship as it's flying, Superman tries to blow up the ship
>Zod pleads with him to stop, saying if he destroys the ship he destroys Krypton
>Superman: "Krypton had its chance!"

Chaotic stupid.

They wanted to make the Earth have the same shitty conditions as their old dying world.

Instead they could have lived as living godkings with super powers in the Earth like environment.

Also either the Terraformers work in which case they could take them and the old colony ship to some uninhabited world and rebuild there in peace.

Or the Terraformers don't work, as evidenced by the dead worlds they were found on, in which case it's time to settle down, hand over the technology on your ship to USA/China/Russia or whoever takes your fancy for a reasonable price and spend the rest of your natural life in luxury surrounded by your genesis ship children.

Zod was a fucking retard and that movie infuriated me.

Also how the fuck is Supermans mum still alive and didn't get multiple broken bones?

Discuss WHAT? Alignment?
Christ, I hated the fuck out of Quest threads and yet somehow their removal cut free anything left of the healthy creative tissue left on this diseased organ of a board.

Now it feels like you asses just start threads because you have no lives to speak of and have nothing better to do; you don't even ask real questions half of the time or ask generic ones that give less information then a goldfish shit has mass in it.

I prefer old-school Elric-inspired alignments, before good and evil were added. Generally speaking law aligned was interpreted as good by the general populace, and chaos aligned was interpreted as evil by the general populace. However, if you go too far down either path, you start seeming pretty damn inhuman.

In relation to your pic, he's lawful aligned enough that people wouldn't interpret it as good anymore.

did you just?

Retribution with a vangeful will.

The Zoldycks from HxH are a good example of this. When they are on the job they are ready to lay down their lives for it as was the case when Zeno and Sylva fought Lucifer in the York-New Arc.

However, when Illumi informed them that he had killed the Ten Dons who had originally made the contract with them then effectively the job was over and they walked away from the fight because Zeno explains he won't do anything pro-bono. Even during the CHimera Ant Arc Netero contracted Zeno to help him and Zeno did exactly what he was paid to do and left soon afterwards although he laments the fact that an innocent bystander (Komugi) was caught up in the attack and he actually felt bad about that since it reflects badly to him on his professionalism.

In essence, being Lawful Evil implies you have a set way of doing things and are obligated only to the letter of the law/agreement that they choose to enter in as Chaotic Evil people feel no obligations to anythign and will make and break agreements on a whim, they don't have to be lolrandum idiots who stab people for shits and grins but memes are eternal.

Tywin Lannister

No, This is lawful evil.

Being confused and thinking you are accomplishing things when you're not does not constitute Lawful Evil.

What IS it then.

Not being Ahriman obviously, or Magnus for that matter either.

I'ts more of a wall-street fat cat type of vibe. like the guy who builds a factory that he knows will give people who live near it cancer but doesn't care. After all he Knows that even if it gives kids cancer he obeyed the EPA laws and regs, and he won't have to pay any fines or settlements over it.

Lawful Evil is evil for lazy people.

Zod was basically stuck in his old ways and couldn't imagine anything else than the survival of his people, even at the cost of a single planet.

That's what Jor-El meant by letting Kal-El being able to choose his fate freely outside the conditioning of his people. Even he was too set on his ways and would interfere, and wanted to let his son choose his life outside from preset conditioning which stagnated the Kyptonian race.

What pissed me off so much about that movie was that in the beginning Zod was right. The coup was violent sure, but he was literally trying to stoop the death of his world. The leaders of his society ignored the warning sings and obvious proof that he was right even as they sentenced him to his imprisonment with the world crumbling in the background.

I wish Man of Steel just copied the plot from the old pre justice league superman cartoons from the 90s. It wasn't always 100% to the comics but at least it tried to make sense, and often succeeded in doing so. Instead we got this stillbirth of a franchise.

lawful evil is tactical evil

Chaotic?
Wasn't he doing something that was both evil and stupid simply because he had to do it, it was his duty above everything.
Isn't that Lawful?

Yeah, I was the LE character in a good party...
It sucks ass; to be perfectly honest with you.

I kept on trying to be "evil" because it was against my personal code of conduct. My DM kept telling me that my actions where too evil and would disrupt the flow of the group.

Also none of my other party members can/want to role play. So when I try to convince one of my party members to do something villainess with/for me they just get frustrated and ask the DM if they can roll to tell if i'm lying. So they can get out of doing it. (for which the DM always allows them to do)

Basically my character got boiled down to chaotic neutral.

Punch drunk love is a great super man movie

It's not stupid, people are stupid. I had a player try to argue that straight up murdering a peasant who owed him money wasn't evil.

Not even an exaggeration, this peasant couldn't pay up, and before he even had a chance to offer an alternate payment the player just started stabbing wildly at him.

And then tried to claim it wasn't an evil act.

The alignment system would work if people weren't fucking retarded.

Athena the Archer Battlemaster is LE because she would do ANYTHING to accomplish the mission, and often does.

Corvus Ravenclaw the Wizard is LE because he would pursue Knowledge even if it meant harming others, and has done so on several occasions.

Snake the Monk is LE because he would sacrifice anything or anyone for the cause, be it his monastery, the secret missions the government assigns him, or the memory of the woman he left behind in Kara-Tur.

I just really hate Kryptonian Brainiac. That shit upsets me on an irrational level.

do you mind explaining why? I was never into DC comics as a kid so my base lore has mostly been the cartoons growing up.