You are a king

>You are a king.
>A dragon asks if he can marry your daughter.

Do you agree?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4b3-KpdPjs0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Of course.

Securing an alliance with an immortal fire breathing monster>Securing an alliance with Duke Charles the Flamboyant.

Depends, what does the dragon have to offer, besides itself? Its hoard? Territorial influence? Ancient knowledge? Besides, what kind of dragon is it anyway?

"I hate to ask, Glauccongaron the Black...in fact given that it will involve my daughter I really, really hate asking this...but I'm going to have to inquire as to the...logistics...of your attempts to secure an heir for the kingdom. If you know what I mean. Please tell me you know what I mean. Please tell me you're one of those dragons that can shape-shift into human form, or at least human size."

What said, show me what he brings to the table, I mean DRAGON is already a big plus but I'd like to make an informed decision

This more than anything.
The survival of the kingdom means nothing unless my bloodline can inherit it

Sure if he can find a woman that wants to have sexy with me.

Only him and his knowledge.

He can.

Only if it's in a setting where they can actually procreate with humans.

And even then, only the second or third daughter.

The eldest is currently on an Adventure with her fiancé, an envoy of the Elven kingdom and an envoy of the Dwarven clans to prove her worth as a successor and ensure continued close ties with our neighbors.

And... what knowledge is that? And what does he keep for himself? I mean, I'm pretty sure he has a hoard, because a dragon without a hoard is just an oversized fire-breathing lizard.

I'd probably ask my daughter about what she wants. If they really love each other then sure go for it.

So a poor dragon wants to marry into human nobility?

That's suspicious. Either he isn't a very good dragon (no hoard or minions) or he has a severe human fetish.

Do I have other children? Will he destroy the kingdom if I refuse?

A half dragon heir sounds good but this is seriously fishy.

But WILL he?

You're at GameStop and this dragon walks by and asks for your daughters hand in marriage. What do you do?

It's a daughter, not a son. It means jack shit for the bloodline. You DON'T want the dragon to be able to give you an "heir". If the marriage can give you an alliance with a dragon without half-dragon faggots trying to steal the throne from your sons and grandsons (the ones with your surname) all the better.

This too, but only after also sorting out >He can.

Oh, neat. Well, then, we just need to sort out what my daughter wants.

>letting a woman inherit

Depends on if he can take a human form and produce viable offspring with my daughter and if having dragon blood in their veins will somehow make them stronger or smarter. Even so, as others have already said, only a second or third daughter unless he is a particularly well known dragon. I will not marry my eldest daughter to some literal who dragon.

THANK YOU!
and I would whore out my royal daughter for an alliance with a dragon in an instant. thats what daughters are for: securing alliances. even if that means she'd get torn apart by dragon dick

Alternatively, I would ask if the dragon has any daughters I can marry a son to.

Well, I would probably not marry her if she's gonna be torn apart by dragon dick. Not only because I'm a good guy who cares for her daughter, even objectively it's not very good for you to be seen by your subjects as "the guy who torned his daughter apart with dragon dicks".

>It's a daughter, not a son. It means jack shit for the bloodline.

Yeah, you can run your shitty little kingdom however you want, little princeling, but my kingdom has absolute primogeniture. The eldest child inherits regardless of sex, and my daughter is my eldest child. So she is my heir apparent, and her child will be her heir apparent.

That's why MY kingdom spans most of the continent, and yours consists of a single sausage factory.

Enjoy the resultant chaos and the uprage by alienated cultures, faggot.

If a king had no sons he might make a grandson his heir if he game up all other competing titles. Also matrelineal marriages are a thing user

>he doesn't follow salic law
wew

When she dies (whether by time or dragon dick) there will no longer be ties between your family and the dragon. The alliance will end.

But if they produce children then the alliance will survive.

"Alienated cultures"?

Someone hasn't been reading nearly enough Machiavelli.

Or you can do what Poland and a few other nations have historically done to prevent secession crises.

"The law says that a Queen cannot rule. It doesn't say that the King must be a man."

How many daughters do I have? If one, I'd have to weigh the benefits of securing an alliance with the dragon against any other potential alliances.

If I've got multiple daughters, I would not hesitate to agree.

if. why the hell doesn't produce male heirs?
sure, being different pays out in medieval societies. that's why the jews were beloved by all european kingdoms and being excommunicated meant nothing.

You can marry more daughters to the dragon, duh.

*who, not why.

>Only him and his knowledge.
>can shapeshift
So he's got control over at least some form of powerful magic.

Is he immortal?

If so, I have an immortal, powerful son in law. Even if he can't teach me the secrets of immortality, he can still explain massive amounts of history and teach me deep lore of the world. I also have an alliance with him, and my grandchildren will be half-dragon, which is pretty fucking badass and grants my bloodline massive amounts of security.

Plus, even in non-royal matters, having a dragon buddy sounds sweet as hell.

I don't know what Machiavelli has to do with the fact that, in every pre-industrial society advanced enough to create a political entity that "spans most of the continent" monarchies and dynastic holds are inherited prioritarily or exclusively by men.

Most dragons don't have surnames any ways, meaning the half-dragon ankle-biters will probably inherit yours by default.

Biggest problem is the potential succession crisis, but I would still allow the marriage. Having spares is always good, and I can always marry off the half dragons to my other grand children if succession looks like a dicey prospect. They'd be cousins so its all kosher.

Finally! An user who understands. The rule is keep your own family in power and change succession laws as necessary, not "mah patriarchy, NOOO!" Or worse, people who think medieval history only comes from western Europe.

Only if it is respectable dragon with good credentials and not some hobolizard.

>not marrying yourself with the dragon's daughter
Are you even trying?

Yeah, and this is a world that has talking dragons. Normal Medieval standards need not apply.

"Dragon, I would accept your offer if I could, unfortunately my daughter is already married to Maximus "fuck dragons" coleson the Dragonslayer, if you wish you may become her consort as that is all you can become. I await your response in this matter"

>Most dragons don't have surnames any ways, meaning the half-dragon ankle-biters will probably inherit yours by default
>impliying the dragon wouldn't get a dynastic surname and a title as a marriage gift

You're like the worst king ever. Where are your majesty and magnanimity? This little things ARE important. I would eat you automatically if I was the dragon, even if you give me a thousand daughters.

>medieval

You mean anthropological. But right, OP didn't mention it was an human kingdom, sorry about not taking into account your mantis realm.

Mah patriarchy IS the way to keep your family in power tho.

look, if its a strong woman, I'd accept a Queen over any weak king. emancipation being what it is in medieval societies that still creates a lot of tension: "a woman reigning over ... ? well, now 's the time for war!"
also is just going by "she's the firstborn, therefore she gets to rule" is stoopid if the second or third child is way more suited for kingship

A DUEL, FOR HER HONOR!

Secretly I, the dragon, have been plotting with Maximus to make the greatest tournie event in history. Thousands will flock leagues to see the dragonslayer and dragon battle. The prize purse will be immense! And when I take a fall, we will split the winnings, Maximus ensures his name and legacy is known across the continent, and I walk away with an even bigger hoard.

Rinse repeat this in other lands. Not!Asia would consider my presence alone ad auspicious, and I must confess I have the occassional inklings for some 'yellow fever' should the mood strike, and these Chingchongs are so much more pliable when it comes to strange relations, unlike the dirty, hairy savages of not!Europe.

>yfw Maximus actually kills you for real because he's a cunt and gets the pussy and all the cash

Never trust dragon slayers.

Ok dragon, have your duel but my daughter fights for her own honor. Olga "the shatterer" godsworn the giantlayer

Remember, don't tap out too quick or she may take that as aggression

>implying its me and not a magical illusion
>implying i dont have dirt on him in case he tries to betray me
>implying that I wasn't Maximus all along and have been targetting rival dragons too dumb or arrogant to be subtle, ensuring my domain expands far and wide and I become the secret power behind the throne so I can cook the books and divert all profits to my pocket dimension lair guarded by neutronium golems

Still, its a giant fire breathing flying lizard that your enemies don't have. Plus they usually know magic so double as a wizard.
They're strong too so he could carry large amounts of good very easily over long distances, enabling you to gain more territory.

Can I still bang the dragon if I say yes?

Why would you have dirt on yourself in case you told the king that you were actually an illusion and wasn't...A dragon but actually are just in human form..

Making things too complicated, just say you have an anything proof shield, and leave the thread

>Kingdom is on moderately sized island off the main land.
>Doesn't even have full control of said island.

See my boy, it's not just your sister that's bad at geography. Now you better study hard or I'll find a big scary dragon for you to marry too.

>You are a king
>A human asks if he can marry your daughter?

Do you agree?

It's in case a shapechanger assumes his identity.

>There have never been female rulers
I mean, dude.

Overgrown lizard just wants the dowry

"Go fuck yourself you mouthfire stupid lizard fuck"

Pic related.

>Only him and his knowledge.
Will he fight for us as a vassal of the state if embroiled in war?

Hot

>Asks
This means he's at least good. Bad guys don't ask. They kidnap your daughter and start quests to get them back.

How many kids do I have. I'm going to assume an Heir and a spare, along with at least the one daughter. The number of children I have to barter with the various interested parties is a very important factor in this decision.

It would also behoove me to consider the political climate of my kingdom and the surrounding kingdoms.

I can't make these decisions in a void, I need more information to determine whether or not this is the best thing for the continuation of my dynasty.

Assuming I have sufficient children to secure my line and maintain my power base through alliances to other noble and royal houses then I would likely be willing to have a dragon as a son in law, but if I don't then I might be risking the stability of the dynasty if I do, so I need to know that shit.

Probably want to get to know him a bit bit better, but if its a good match I dont see why not.

Jokes, bestiality is gross. SUMMON THE ADVENTURERS!

It's only bestiality if they're not sapient.

if you wanna put something in his mouth, make it your dick rather than words. women rulers weren't broadly accepted, and were an exception due to some extraordinary circumstances

Interesting Fact. There is a tribe in south america that believes that semen is necessary for the growth of the fetus, and that mothers who receive more semen during the pregnancy give birth to healthier stronger children.

It is therefore the practice in this tribe for a pregnant woman to sleep with as many men in addition to the babies father as she can as often as she can in order to "grow" the baby. These men are considered to be doing the parents a service by contributing to the growth and strength of the child. Men negotiate in order to get their friends and neighbors to help.

The things you learn in anthropology classes man.

But ... I am a Dragon.

Yeah, on Earth. With kingdoms exclusively populated by humans.

I see no reason to presume historical precedent can be used here.

>Mfw doujins of Mine and Tatsumi never

>I see no reason to presume non-mantis-related precedents can be used here.
I mean, come on. maybe my daughter is a unicorn with eyebrows made of raisins. we can't assume anything then.

WELCOME TO PRETEND LAND LAND OF PRETENDING DO YOU WANT TO PRETEND OR DO YOU WANT TO EXAMINE EVERYTHING WITH A MAGNIFYING GLASS AND SCREAM ABOUT HOW PRETEND ISN'T REAL AND EVERYTHING MUST ONLY BE REAL

>"Surely you've heard of King user IX the Terrible, who rules the realm with an iron fist and is feared far and wide"
>"Is he feared for his combat prowess, his military victories, his ruthless policies?"
>"Uh, not exactly"

youtube.com/watch?v=4b3-KpdPjs0

look, maybe I wrongly assumed everyones fantasy world is filled with miserable bastards exacting revenge over petty quabbles. like in the real world. with dragons and magic.
maybe in your fantasy all is peachy after you killed that one BBEG, and there are no sereous intrigues. no fratricide over the throne. it was wrong of me to assume.
>but you did the same.
the world truly would be a better place if we'd stopped measuring with different scales.

read my other statement:
tl;dr: gavelkind succession laws ftw.

Well anons at first would need some knowledge other that memes from game of thrones and cuck kings to know that muh patriarchy was not as strict as many think.

It was a thing in earlier medieval period and by high medieval society passed to more modern inheritance law, based upon late Roman Law that threw away agnatic family and inheritance bulshit in favour of blood related inheritance.

Also talking about medieval law as monolith is fucking cancer as each village haw different sets of laws.
But in general while rare women in power did not cause too much social problem and widows often wielded considerable power inherited from their husbands.

As opposite argument if my memory serves me well, in Gdansk/Danzig there was riot by men demanding changes in inheritance laws as law was discriminatory to the men, by awarding widow and daughter all the gold of deceased.

Why is nobody asking the important question? What color is the dragon?

c

Nah man, fuck that. My own children would be shitty compared to whatever half-dragon children they would have. Better to be remembered as the king who set the foundations for the draconic nobility.

How strong is a dragon compared to artillery?
How strong are dragon scales compared to steel?
Depending on the dragons strength i either accept or "accept" and capture the dragon and then breed the dragon with everything from lowly bar wenches in debt to cattle until i find some hybrid thats useful, then i mass produce that hybrid

Why the hell is he asking me?

I'm assuming that I'm "king" in the same sense that Elizabeth is a Queen. I'd be very uncomfortable otherwise. So go and ask her, I don't really care. I don't have any power anyway.

If I'm somehow forced into being an actual, ruling king, then I'll have to vet the dragon. Consent of my daughter is, of course, an absolute requirement, but I also need to make sure he'd be a kind and fair ruler. I don't want to put a psychopathic tyrant in the line of secession.

Depends on the Dragon and depends on the daughter. There are loads of wicked and unworthy dragons, and I also have several daughters that frankly aren't worth the seed they sprouted from, so I'm afraid I'll need more information.

"Ummmm... Do I know you? Does my daughter know you? Does she like you?"

>noble
>careing about what your children think or want
>ever

Hey man, the OP said I was the king. He never said I was born and bred to be king, or that my modern sensibilities were suddenly replaced with medieval ones.

Still
As king your job is to make sure that your kingdom survives to see the next king
If this means putting aside modern sensibilities in order to intimidate that large kingdom next door that has over a million winged hussar equivalents then so be it

you are a massive bitch

Please don't post my daughter without my permission.

will do

That's fair enough, I suppose.
I'd still want know who he was, though. Having a dragon in the family for the sake of having a dragon in the family seems overly hasty. Plus, I'd need to know that my daughter wasn't UTTERLY opposed to marrying the dragon. Unhappy marriages lead to weak, uneasy alliances after all.

>you are a dragon
>a human asks if he can marry your dragon daughter

do you agree?

If he got through all the traps that would be in my layer without dying, he's a worthy mate. It shows intellect, durability, and a near-suicidal level of love for my daughter.

Sure! I'm going to just assume she wants to marry him as well, because otherwise she can just eat him. She's a big girl, she can take care of herself.

>She's a big girl

Simple. If the daughter is the eldest/only child, ensure the dragon agrees to a matrilineal marriage, he takes the kingdom name for political reasons, and accepts a council or vizier position for his natural lifespan as his consort-ship ends. Boom, vastly powerful alliance and magic coursing through the bloodline.

If the daughter is definitely out of the succession then I still agree to the succession, and I carve out a respectable portion of the kingdom and declare him a Count or Duke. Still an excellent ally to have.

>"a woman reigning over ... ? well, now 's the time for war!"
Good thing I have a fucking dragon on my side, isn't it?

>You are a king
>A dragon asks if she can marry your son

No, the other fetishists are tolerable, but your type need to fucking die.

Fine by me.