Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Playtest Edition
Now with a fresh dose of playtests! Which are your favourites? Which are bland or in a need of work? It's ok if you don't care, not everybody is good with this!

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW

Avowed Playtest 1: drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Avowed Playtest 2: docs.google.com/document/d/1rV7kaF9JL2gw9xQalkEnlEDL9WXtbsaCqNABm_pLIgc/edit?usp=sharing

Spheres of Might playtest:
docs.google.com/document/d/160bWvYewTwEXj9ZZv-jJ9-VrvGpYNHNcF8w6BMsdqgU/edit#

Sphere of Power playtest:
Creation Handbook Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1kitAB8sHgmuD3fvOMuI_KyV_dxpO2wrxQmbnCoRgglA/edit?usp=sharing
Dark Handbook Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1zHRZyaMh_QwWcQ-ROGCjQyCdflD6cbm9VdEOJMpC06I/edit?usp=sharing
Life Handbook Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1wTv7VGj2qzjGnReD1lLRwC8iNG_G6f-a6XzMQlTB1yM/edit?usp=sharing
Mind Handbook Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1Kp4acH7zTk4e3DfPdYDfTk1jJClly3yp27Jfrf3FRWw/edit?usp=sharing

Gear of Power Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1zIomq0TFP7uPdlFB8VRAIWQEjAXLV5CYpP3HmjySynU/edit?usp=sharing
Wild Magic Handbook: docs.google.com/document/d/1xBfoH6YcTdD3kwjn3ikItWPBGzIm9g3SVkVvUQD1yUw/edit?usp=sharing
Wild Magic Tables: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NU5bK1Dyzu66KgIdrHNaaXBw1eHVpcHZHOh5BDaxMzU/edit?usp=sharing

Bloodforge Infusions updated playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1GvwMclLSw15slYI7D5xLdjMzr-Nau92hNha9Sx0LOk4/edit#

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

dropdeadstudios.com/forum/#/20170321/my-concerns-regarding-spheres-of-might-so-far-5401451/
pastebin.com/riSZGjzE
d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/wondrous-items/wondrous-items/c-d/cyclops-helm/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Christ what an OP

but it's not an anime smut image

i approve, user

Why does that cat have a star of David on it's hat?

Is it stirring poison into the well of Western society?

I understand that 2hu is dysfuntional as fuck, but is anybody crunching the numbers as hard?

No, not really.

How does one beat Baba Yaga?

You have to deactivate her Winter Extractors across the cosmos then beat her in a fair fight.

Hit her really hard

I like the Creation Handbook a lot, but I do think it still needs several layers of work before it's in a ready state.

Mind Handbook is pretty dry and doesn't add many new fun things to the sphere.

Avowed has hurt me with all its nerfs but really, taking a step back, I'm still feeling optimistic about the class as a whole.

Collect the Dragon Balls to wish her weaker

Kinda agree. What do think of dark and life?

I mean shit, if you check the DDS forums it is post after post of 2hu saying this is broke, that is broke and so on and so forth. None of his comments really struck me as rude.

Can I use Namekian balls?

A more serious topic though.

Are WWW natives naked? Were they 'civilized', were they forced to wear underwears?

Are mounted charger builds good?

Do you mean the thread gitp?

loincloths you mong

2hu wasn't exactly rude, more like insisting, verbose and reopening closed comments. On the other hand, Ssalarn routinely closes comments without responding.

They're very good, but wholly incompatible with 90% of campaigns due to the amount of space you need to pull them off.

unless you play a halfling

dropdeadstudios.com/forum/#/20170321/my-concerns-regarding-spheres-of-might-so-far-5401451/

>Avowed has hurt me with all its nerfs but really, taking a step back, I'm still feeling optimistic about the class as a whole.
Same desu, though I'm still super salty about the reasoning for a bunch of the changes, even if they WERE justified, but there's still enough there that I'd be interested in playing, even if I'm holding out for more archetypes and subpacts. and hopefully give me a reason to be Cha instead of Con/Int

I don't remember looking at dark, but Life is serviceable. I wish it could break a bit more out of its healing niche but there's only so much it can do there.

One thing it could fix is that it's still much harder to get long-term resurrection in spheres, even with advanced talents.
>CL10 to revive something that's been dead for more than one round (Not 1 round/CL, just /one round/). This gives 2 permanent negative levels.
>CL15 to remove permanent negative levels

Why.

To encourage your weak ass shitter teammates to not die?

Because bringing people back to life and healthy at that shouldn't be old fucking hat after a while, it should be a big goddamn deal, and incredibly hard to do.

Bringing people back to life being an optional set of magic talents and being difficult to manage even then is a plus in my book. If you want old raise dead back you can just make it a ritual.

Should diseases be resistant to magic spells?

That depends! Not all Native Americans wore clothings. In fact, children were usually left naked until puberty hit them, especially in the warmer weathers (Pocahontas scandalizing Jamestown by appearing naked at 10 is a well known example). Go down to South America, in non-mountainous regions, and the only type of clothings you find sometimes are implements desgined to keep the foreskin shut.

t. History major dropout

History Major Dropout, go back to high school. Or uni. Or wherever the fuck you came from.

I would but I figured I could get twice the salary by just working at the local mine.

why are you shitting things up by obsessing over underwear

I thought Pocahontas went a bit above and beyond what was just local culture around the settlers.

The easier you make it to revive people, the more rocket tag the game eventually becomes

But the movie said that the settlers didn't arrive in America until she was like 18. And she wore clothes the entire time. And GRandma Willow certainly would have told her to put some clothes on before going to go speak to John Smith.

F/SN here again, made some changes

The game would be set during the 9th Holy Grail war occurring in 2021 in San Francisco.

I personally have run 6 other Holy Grail wars with the 1st and the 5th being backstory wars (I ran 2-4, added 5 as a backstory war, and ran 6-8). All the previous ones were for my in person group. Most often I would take Lancer as an NPC servant in order to facilitate a better Holy Grail War. Here is the previous list of servants.
>pastebin.com/riSZGjzE

Currently compiling the Fate/Last Path setting documentation is proving a bit difficult. I can hardly remember the 2nd and 3rd holy grail wars and am having to talk quite a bit with my meat space group to try and remember all the details. This is why I haven't provided the in progress doc yet.

Right now I am here to answer any questions about the game's canon. It helps me organize my thoughts.

Also for the game's building here is how a servant will be built:
>level 12
>30 pb
>mythic 5
>only PoW except for caster who gets Spheres Casting
>Noble Phantasms are designed with rules I provide, can be abilities or minor artifacts
>each class gets a set of extra skills in addition, like Magic Resistance, Presence Concealment, Battle Continuation, Mad Enhancement, etc. these will be in the document I'm compiling
>every player builds a level 5 Master
>you mostly control this Master except for a modified version of Hero points called Fate points, they do a few different things compared to Hero points
>you earn a Fate point every time I have your Master do something against what you want them to do or if you master sacrifices a Command Seal
>Fate points are spent to activate your Noble Phantasm, meaning if you master always listens to you then you may not have the points to activate it

I'm here to answer questions again. If you want to know shit about other character's noble phantasms as examples, previous winners, etc. go ahead and ask.

The movie also said Hercules was the son of Zeus and Hera and both parents loved him.

Tbhfam I fancy Pocahontas' bowlcut friend more than her.

>Previous winners

user...

His version differs from the Nasuverse, in that it doesn't have a Gary Stu MC.

Due to changes in the setting and the 3rd Holy Grail war never occurring the Grail's Corruption game later and in a different way.

The Grail's Corruption in Fate/Last Path occurred in 1983 during the 6th Holy Grail War in London when Adolf Hitler and Guy Fawkes tried to both manifest the Grail early and caused the creation of The Fractured Grail.

The two of them each received a portion of the Grail. This caused the Grail to each grant them a twisted version of their wish. In subsequent Holy Grail Wars the Grail's awakening now requires multiple pieces to be collected and forged before the full Grail could manifest. These lesser pieces essentially grant monkey paw's wishes.

The moment the Fractured Grail was created was when the two of them had managed to open a path to Shangri La, supposedly one of three stems which feed the Grail power along with The Garden of Eden and the Grove of Idunn. While there they awakened The Eight Dharmapalas, the mythological defenders of Tibetan Buddhism. One in particular, Mahākāla, the Great Black One took an interest in the struggle.

Even a more seriouser question.

Is pregame crafting allowed?

He probably has a mid-tier panty fetish.

>The moment the Fractured Grail was created was when the two of them had managed to open a path to Shangri La, supposedly one of three stems which feed the Grail power along with The Garden of Eden and the Grove of Idunn. While there they awakened The Eight Dharmapalas, the mythological defenders of Tibetan Buddhism. One in particular, Mahākāla, the Great Black One took an interest in the struggle.
What the fuck kind of stupid lore is this?

Pls don't use my waifu's image in vain.

I have no clue what Fate Stay Night even is, someone explain it to me.

Depends on the DM.

It's like Pokemon, only instead of Bulbasaur you get King Arthur.

self insert fan fiction

Some Jap's shitty fanfiction about hbis self insert banging a little girl version of King Arthur and winning everything everywhere forever.

Sounds cool...

I've seen it before

We need to bomb japan a third time goddammit.

How much would it reduce the cost of crafting a Cyclops helm if you have a preserved Cyclops head?
d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/wondrous-items/wondrous-items/c-d/cyclops-helm/

To help clarify & This is what it started as, then it seems like this user decided to take out King Arthur and the self insert and run everything from the beginning? He uses some of the same concepts but seems completely different.

To be fair, if King Arthur looked like this, you'd bang him too.

If I was your DM, I'd say it should get reduced by 50%

Every so often, nine mages get together, each summon a historic or legendary figure imbued with mythology based and oft conceptual superpowers, and they all fight in a strategic free for all until one's left standing. The winner gets to summon the Holy Grail and have a wish granted.

Seven mages.

Until you get that one asshole who goes "Fuck Magic" and just shoots your plane down with a rocket launcher.

but fuck magic tho

y u do dis?

>Wizard sets up elaborate dungeon in his hotel
>Magical traps, bound spirits, the works
>Kerry's just like "Fuck this noise, I have C4"
>Blows up the tower.

Kerry thinks like a PC.

>Every player runs not-Kiritsugu

Poor Fastwheels. He never had a leg to stand on.

How does he plant the c4 without interacting with the traps?

Underneath the hotel, in areas not affected by the magic.

Is there a way for a medium creature to wield a large-sized greatsword without enlarge person shenanigans? I want to do some stupid anime-esque plot where my character's father murdered a giant, and was famous for using its sword in battle.

Only the two upper floors of the hotel were affected by traps, as he rented all of them for himself.

>Goes for the dungeon bypass when possible
>Believes most of the world's problems can be solved with carefully applied murder
>Doesn't see much point to putting values over expedience in achieving one's goals
>When forced to make nice with his enemies, only does so in a way that makes them wish he hadn't

It checks out.

Powerful Build if 3pp is allowed, Titan Fighter/Mauler if not.

There's a tiefling trait for that. I'm sure other races have an equivalent.

Check the Oversized enchantment in Faerie Ring if 3pp is allowed.

Powerful Build. Half-giants and Dreige start with it, plus via the Mighty Frame feat from bloodforge (Half-orc, dwarves, and a few others can grab it directly as soon as they qualify, some others need to grab a trait as prereq). Also, one of the Tiefling variant abilities on the d100 table but no DM will let you pick.
Iirc one of these two didn't actually work tho RAW.

Have you ever used Psychopomps in your games?
What did they do? Which ones do you like?
I'm having a hard time finding actual information on their strongest, the Ushers.

Also, their enemies, the Sahkil, which I just found out existed.

Here's the pic

Avowed is dead to me after the last round of nerfs. They need to take a step back and rewrite the whole class so it can do fewer things, but better rather than more things, but worse.

SoM is leaving a bad taste in my mouth. Lots of 2hu's points make sense to me and the fact that they're being shot down out of hand is worrisome. On the whole it's pretty bland and uninteresting.

SoP playtests I've stopped following given their recent tendency to be poorly written or left incomplete indefinitely.

Bloodforge isn't really my bag, so I don't have anything to say one way or the other.

These are grim times we're living in, indeed.

Carnival phantasm is a miracle of the universe

And the enemy wizard can't fly?

Hard to fly when you're inside a building, bub. A building that's now falling apart.

What do you mean by 'fewer things, but better'? What are you finding the Avowed struggles with at the moment?

You ever get the feeling that, if Kiri ever got dumped into the Shadowrun world, that Big D would immediately make him his favorite Runner/Operative?

Because I can just imagine Dunkelzahn pointing at Kiri during a fancy dinner party going "Dis nigga right here!"

"We don't want Cha SAD" feels like a copout answer tbqh, especially after "we're not balancing for bloodforge"

Well that doesn't even kill Kayneth. It just makes us realize that Kayneth is a dope compared to Kiritsugu.

>Avowed is dead to me after the last round of nerfs.
I hear this. I was really hoping Forrest would be able to pull it out of its current tailspin, but it was pretty disheartening to have her come in here the other day in full support of their nonsensical Con-to-Knowledge feat.

>Con-to-knowledge

Like, I get the fluff complaint, but are people seriously going to complain about the mechanics of it? At worst it's nonsensical but functional.

Can someone explain to me why that's a thing again if they're trying to cut out SAD?

Focus the class. Right now the Avowed is trying to fill every roll and it isn't doing very many of them well. You need to decide where you want to focus the class and make it excel at that.

Nobody is ever actually Con SAD.

>At worst it's nonsensical but functional.
Because this is a role-playing game a "nonsensical bs fluff" is still a mark against something.

How is this more nonsensical than Charisma to Knowledge which is already a 1pp thing?

>tfw I know someone complaining that the Avowed isn't enough of a generalist to capture the charm of the 3.5 warlock

"In addition, ancestral secrets of history and magic echo through your very blood, and psychic attunement allows you to access this shared knowledgebase. This is a supernatural ability."

How's that

Sounds like Charisma rather than Con, user.

Charisma is force of will, not body.

How so when it is explicitly tied to your body and blood?

Why, because the class with bloodline abilities is Cha based?

>your body
>charisma

Charisma is force of personality first, appearance second.

But In thought charisma was appearance and how big your tits/ass/dick was! /pfg/ said so!

Which roles are you finding the Avowed struggles with? We don't have any intention of reducing the Avowed's scope, but we intend to continue working on the class until it excels in its chosen role.

The intention is that, with feats, you can become two-stat dependent (Str/Dex and Cha/Con) if you're focusing on weaponlike shapes, or one-stat if you're focusing on the lower-damage area shapes.

Innate powers not granted through discipline always scale off Charisma though, especially if they manifest through your blood.

>two stat dependant
>a subpact forces three-stat dependency at BARE MINIMUM

k
the Con feats are still my favorite things, even if I liked the old Con-to-attack/damage better.

I have to agree with that sounds like you're quoting the bit about a sorcerer's bloodline. In the parliance of the PFRPG that's a Cha justification, not a Con one.