Warhammer 40,000 General

Ender of the triple thread era edition.

>previous thread
youtu.be/TPMmyXjTUQU

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android.
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!z4wmmJyR!jTfwLczhdFjV0q6nowtGag!qgZhmAhK

>40k rules reference in wiki format.
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Latest GW teases
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW FAQs.
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>List organizer picture book
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Offline list builder
battlescribe.net/

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

First for da Orks!

New rules when

>the thrice thread age
May unification protect us from such degeneracy in the future.

How many Fenrisian wolves do you own, /40kg/?

When Shadow War: Armageddon is released.

New rules kinda, for that game.

Er, 2 build, 2 on the base of a Stormfang, and a head on a weirdboy's belt

and the rest unbuilt

Someone wanna help walk me through the Mathhammer for Asterion Moloc vs Kaldor Draigo?
I know that it's on 1d4chan, but my friend (who plays GK) wants a step by step for proof, he doesn't see what makes Moloc so good

If I want to get plasma guns and melta guns for IG veterans what is a good way to get them? So far it looks like the only places to get them are the command squad and the melta/plasma guardsman packs that appear to only carry one of each.

What armies would you recommend for running intro games for complete noobs?
Chaos vs Marines for symmetry?
A horde race vs a Elite race for asymmetry?
shooty vs melee?

eBay mate. Fuck.

None, the only wolves I have are a trio of thunder wolves I converted from juggernauts of khorne, then I abandoned them after they become buffed in 6th ed

Gotta Ebay that shit!

I just bought a bunch of command squad packs, personally. The extra bits can be converted into battlefield debris or augment the regular squaddies to make your money feel less wasted.

Guard with a squad of Marines and dreadnought allies against orks with a flyer and one of their super heavies to widely explain the different units in the game

Anons, should I go for two Blitza-Bommers, two Dakkajets, or Blitza-Bommer and Dakkajet in my 1500 casual list?

Using Da Finkin' Kap and rolling both Warlord Traits on the Strategic table in order to get Strategic Genius for guaranteed T2 Air Support and maybe either Conqueror of Cities for help in ruins or Night Attacker for the cover saves, or Master of Ambush for the delicious Outflanking and Infiltrating.

Where do I find the rules for the Deathwatch army? Is it a full codex? Is it a supplement? I'm confus

Bark bark!

In OP's links, mega. Its full codex.

Why wouldn't he be able to apply the markerlights?

forgeworld DOT co DOT uk SLASHY en-ES/Legion-Melta-Gun-Set-2015

There isn't a single try hard ork list every configuration is good for casual play

user doesnt know his rules. He doesnt know that you cant charge from reserves and doesnt know about either Interceptor on Marker Drones or Supporting Fire.

Dakkajets. The answer is in the name.

thats just wrong.

you can do some serious jew shit with orks if you want.

R8 my list. This is for local tournaments where the competition won't quite be WAAC, but will still be tough.

That seems like too much of a mess for a new player to sort out...

Don't forget the psykers!

Only one i can think of was greentide

>100 boyz in a unit
>1 pain boy
>no precision weapons

Fun game i almost got em all

Okay, that's what I thought. Supporting fire is so nice.

Post their datasheets

>precision weapons doing anything vs ICs meme
What part of 2+ look out, sir after needing 6's to hit do you people not understand?

Its still possible for him to fail, its easier than digging through 100 boyz that disintegrated whatever i charged at them, i sure rolled plenty of 1s for armour saves

So there really was nothing of note at that seminar or did that not even happen yet?

Or should I just wait some more time to potential news to appear?

What's the Adepticon announcement? Has it happened yet? What do we know from Adepticon so far? I haven't been keeping track.

>What part of 2+ look out, sir after needing 6's to hit do you people not understand?

>Precision Shots are not only "precision" weapon
>3 Wyverns
>Green Tide's Painboss
>Hit on first scatter on painboss' head
>27 wounds later there is 6" big crater of no-boyz where Painboss was

any idea on a release date? itching on making a FW order but i dont want to if this is coming out soon

Yeah but how often do you roll a 1 for an armour save after getting Snap Shotted? Now imagine you also still get to make another save, and feel no pain on top of that.

Thanks, just started collecting Guardsmen so I'm pretty retarded.

Pre-FAQ and Imperial Agents did anyone try running a bunch of individual units of Ordo Xenos Inquisitors with rad grenades, and then charging them 1 by 1 into an enemy unit? My friends and I scoured the rulebook(s), but didn't find anything that prevented having enough of these guys (usually 4, though 5 or 6 is nice to be safe) charging a unit, lowering it's toughness to 0, and wiping the squad before anyone can attack. What were we missing?

I've been asking for months, man. There have been absolutely no mentions of it in ages. I just want to see some Admechs wreck the Tau....

Seems they're delaying it until after the release of 8th edition because it'll immediately be made obsolete otherwise.

>What were we missing?
A sense of RAI and fun.

Read the rules section about toughness. It can't go below 1 or something like that.

That's not true at all. If you drop Toughness to 0 the model is killed the same as if you drop Wounds to 0.

It seems FW has there priorities on the other books so far.

My guess is that they were told to just delay it for 8th instead of doing it for 7th, just for some major changes to rebalance the entire game as it stands right now and things being outdated 2 months after release.

We only ran it once to test it out, and then house ruled it out of existence. I just wanna see if rules wise we missed anything.

If S/T/W drops to zero, you die.

The same rule doesn't stack multiple times unless it says it does. Rad Grenades are all using the same rule, so they don't stack with themselves.

You're missing nothing, it works. Stick them in a Skitarii Vanguard unit and table them.

Nupe.

Someday between January 2017 and plastic sisters.

That's what we thought, but because it's wargear and not a special rule, we weren't sure. It seems like an immediate effect, and not a special rule so much.

In an other note on Inquisitorial shenanigans, have y'all tried running an Ordo Malleus Inq. with 2 Daemon Blades? Because some of the abilities are passive, and others apply to the sword as a weapon, it seems like if you get lucky you could have a pretty great melee machine for 85 points.

That's what I thought, we were laughing about charging them into a Green Tide squad and wiping all 100 boyz before they can attack.

Rad doesn't stack it says if they get charged by rad carriers they get -1T. Not -1T for each unit or each rad carrier

I mean, all Grot armies like a Big Meks with Mega Armor conferring Slow and Purposeful to Mek Gun Batteries is pretty cancerous, seeing as Mek Gunz are 18ppm for Kannons and Lobbas, or 30ppm for the other ones that are really good too.

I dunno, Blitza-bommers are really good too. Their Boom Bombs can remove anything, but Dakkajets are BS3 with 9 S6 AP4 shots.

As long as the Inquisitors charge independantly, it does stack. It wouldn't if they're all in one unit.

"During a turn in which a unit equipped with rad grenades launches an assault, or is
assaulted, the enemy unit(s) suffer a -1 penalty to their Toughness until the end of the
phase (this does affect the victims’ Instant Death threshold)."
This is from the Inq. Codex prior to Imperial Agents. It seems like if the attacking squads go 1 at a time, it happens when the squad assaults, and has nothing to do with the squad getting assaulted. So it seems like it might work

Beat me to it.

Hey guys, rate my grand convo list

How's my doubles tournament tau list?

Im not saying its improbable, im saying its not impossible. Its a dice game.

A bit light on markerlights.

It feels like running this around would be pretty fun, and pretty fun for wiping big nasties. You charge the Crusaders first to soak up any overwatch, if you expect to fight anything with a toughness higher than 6, you just remove a crusader and chuck in another Inquisitor.

Haven't read GS1, what benefits does Grand Convo get?

Is my list viable at 1250?

Librarius/telepathy with the two terminator librarians, divination on the third.

I could possibly move some points around to go for terminator armor and biomancy on the third librarian but I was going to have him roll with the marines for prescience.

Termy libs go with the cataphractii

It's also not impossible to kill a Riptide with 10 lasguns. But good luck.

2 squads of 5 usually do well for me at 1500 points...

I can bump one squad up to 5 and have 9 points left by dropping the velocity tracker. What else?

>he literally did not read the discussion
Even before the FAQ that wholly invalidated this meme, what you are trying to do wouldn't have worked the way you are trying to do it

I just got my tax returns, now I'm filing out a YUUUUGE order from Z. Let's make THE BFG DIVISION a reality!
> 6 Leviathans, all in drop pods!
> 3 Deredeo dreadnoughts
> 3 Spartan Assault Tanks, all with Tartaros squads inside
> A Fellblade

IWND on the vehicles, and PotMS if they're within 6" of one of the HQs as well I believe.

Any tips for getting more survivability as Death watch? I'm used to Chaos Marines where loading up on cheap bodies or other methods is usually a lot simpler.

I deleted so much T3/4/5 units with it.

I once deleted a Riptide. The fucker rage quit so hard that he came to pick up his stuff the next day.

The main problem is getting those inquisitors into combat without them being shot to pieces.

Even with three wounds, and if you gave them power armor, they're still T3 models that can be instagibbed by multilasers/scatlasers or just bolter'd to death.

Good job on cheating I guess?

Although Tau deserve it.

>Cheating

But it was legal.

Correct

I read the discussion, and it seemed like most people were saying that it may work pre-FAQ.
The plan with this is you ride them around, split 'em up when you disembark, charge the crusaders as 1 unit, then send in the totally rad inquisitors.

Pretty sure this list is illegal. You need 4 Troops don't you?

Anyone who thought the grenade effect stacking with itself was how the rule was intended to work was obviously being a cheaty jackass just looking for an OP joke-build. Now that it's FAQ'd you can't even pretend that that was the case, you can only pretend to be retarded and claim you thought it was actually supposed to be that way.

For what purpose

Show us on the doll where the stacking Rad-Grenades touched you user

Necrons are cool, the have the coolest shit for wargear, everything sound otherworldly powerful and majestic.

i want a killcannon for my looted rhino.

i have a ion cannon in my bitz box. would that be ok? i would loot it up propa of course

halp

Hey, I haven't played since sixth edition, and was thinking about getting back into the game.
Would anyone be willing to look at my list, and tell me if I should change anything, or if I have some weakness that needs filled?

Fist of Medusa Strike Force:

Battle Demicompany:
Captain - Chapter Master, Bike, Gorgon's Chain, Power fist.
Command Squad - Bikes, Apothocary.
Tac Squad - 5 man, naked
Tac Squad - 5 man, Lascannon
Tac Squad - 5 man, drop pod, meltagun, combi-melta.
Combat bike -1
Centurian Devastators - 3 man Grav, Omniscope

Skyhammer:
2 drop pods
2 Devastator squads, 10 man (combat squad when they come out) 2 grav, 2 multimelta each
2 Assault squads, 5 man, Jump packs and 2 flamers each.

Librarius:
3 Librarians, naked.
Figured one could go with the centurians to give a midfield FnP bubble while twin linking their guns, the other two could pop out of the drop pod with the tac squad and psy shriek and some other shooty psi attack.

It's 1850.
Thoughts, ideas, places I could improve?
I haven't played in years, so I'm not really sure what other people play these days, but I know a store nearby runs monthly tournaments.
Thanks.

Being /that guy/ who blows too much money on too many recasted Leviathans and Didgeridoo Dreadnoughts

For Apocalypse games. There's an annual apocalypse game at my local Geedubs at the weekend following Thanksgiving.. Which is called "Tanksgiving". In which everyone just brings the entirety of their vehicle collection.

Last year me and my buddy brought like 29 dreadnoughts between the two of us, with enough drop pods for all of them, and we ended up taking home the Trophy for sweeping a guard parking lot so hard, the master of apocalypse allowed the entirety of the parking lot to RESPAWN, only to get swept off the board again.

This year I want to show up and see people literally shit themselves when I put 6 Leviathan Dreadnoughts on the table. Last year I only had one, and it fucking Solo'd two superheavies.

>first news from Adepticon preview is that they're adding comments to Community site

Which line of the FAQ is the relevant one here? Or is the printing in Imperial Agents different from the one in Inquisition?

Your list is currently showing two 4x PF teams, not 5. I'm a fan of taking the Fire Warrior Shas'ui for the markerlight+target lock in order to chain markerlights.

Right you are

Whats the best way to counter these as Space Marines (Dark Angels specifically). Have my first game against them on Tuesday, grav guns was my first thought?

I'm aware, the idea was that if 2x5 pathfinders is enough for a 1500 list, 2x4 might be enough for 1250.

Not really a great idea, we already have plenty of shitposting platforms and they'll need to stick someone on endless clean up duty.

Yeah. I've been dreaming of getting a super-heavy transport for my 30k DG and putting small squads in there, each with a rad grenade sergeant. Then just drive up to the enemy deathstar and charge in, killing the fodder before any blows are exchanged. Won't kill a primarch, but with its reduced toughness it's much easier to wound.

You shove 'em in the Land Raider, that's why it's there, you combine them into 1 squad, then split 'em up when they disembark

Anyone have a link to flight of the Eisenstein as a PDF or some other easy to read format? Only been able to find one but its layout was awful.

>Raptors user is another obnoxious recast shill
Who'd have thunk?

With enough rad grenades it will... You just gotta be totally radical.

40k radio is at the GW talk at Adepticon and are posting the news on their twitter.

>They'll also be introducing an interactive FAQ platform for questions and voting on rulings.

>ordering from Z
Enjoy your misshapen lumps of resin.