Are witches magic users?

...Yes?

Are you retarded?

No, they are spellcasters.

OP you better get back here and explain yourself

Would you treat them as members of the magic user class in D&D. Sorry I wasn't explicit. I forgot about the autism rampant here.

I mean, sometimes they do, sometimes they don't, until they do.

Sometimes they intentionally keep it vague I think.

In Pathfinder they're their own class.

In 3.0/3.5 there's a section that as a witch as an example of making your own in the DMG (I forget if it's the 3.0 or 3.5 DMG though). Though most people use the adept npc class as the actual class representation of it.

If we're talking OD&D or AD&D, totally falls under Magic User.

No, magic is witch users.

Say it with me now!

DEPENDS

ON

THE

SETTING

>Would you treat them as members of the magic user class in D&D.

...Yes? What?

Came here to say this

yeah but you'll solve a lot more problems with some good common sense and a bit of headology

Hey, who needs a separate class. Just feel there should be some sexual dimorphism when it comes to spells.

Stop promoting patriomancy shit lord. Everyone knows that gender is just a magical construct.

This is the reality fiction presents us: the Wicked Witch of the East flying around on a broom in front of an army of flying monkeys, and the Wizard of Oz basically smoke and mirrors.

>woman: power handed to her with little or no effort
>man: intellect so superior it appears to actually be magic

It's a kit in 2e.

There's an explicitly magic-using spellcasting "Warlock" class that's supposed to fill this exact role. How is this even a question.

He means in the old D&D game, when "magic user" was a class all by itself, not 5e, or he would have asked in the 5eg

What kind of fucking question is that? Is water wet?

What is with all this fucking shitposting?

Go to hell you dense fucking nigger jew kike cuck NIGGER NIGGERTAJUMIOB YMJGIEUOMJUNI OAJM8NH GABTMJUIN OHTG8 MJUNHA8U HTAU8 MTHEUMOAOMAUHOHREAIAB HYT8EB74O436AH 8OYTAHRYENTUOGORONHYUGAROHYUNIGOYHUNIGRANHIOYUGRANIHOYUGR

Delte thrd pls and delet urself aftr

Both of these interpretations are completely defensible.

Fuck I hate literary interpretation.

Some of them, at least. Some of them might be warlocks, druids, or even clerics instead. I'd treat it as more of a social class than a character class, really.

>I forgot about the autism rampant here.
So a lack of psychic powers =autism?
OH dat projecting.

>power... with little or no effort
Interestingly, this also applies to every cleric ever. They are handed power just for asking, without requiring ability to use it responsibly and intelligently.

Yes witches are magic users

In other news Clark Kent is secretly Clark Kent

>woman: power handed to her with little or no effort
Lolwut

Where in Oz did you ever get the notion that she just had her power handed to her

This is now a witches thread. My favorite witch deity is Hecate
>But S-satan!
You gonna pray to a fallen messenger of god for devil powers? Or are you gonna pray to the Gorgon Queen? Trust me, Hecate witches are a better sect then Satanic or Pagan witches

Personally, the difference between Divine magic and Arcane magic is retarded. All magic has roots to religion.

But yes, they are considered to be magic users, although some have them as divine casters.

Everybody knows about innawoods witches, but what about societies where witchcraft plays a large role? Here we see an example of warrior witches from Denmark. They preyed on viking children and like to kill Jutes when they were bored. Historians argue whether they power stemmed from Frija or a type of proto-Baba Yaga

Recognize these bitches? That's right! The Tsarina witch-sisters of Moscow. Took six Muscovite Princes and every orthodox coin in the treasury to get them out of power. Their 50 year reign saw wonders and witchcraft not seen outside of Central Africa in over a 100 years

If this is a witches thread I may not have posted the most powerful ones but I certainly posted the best ones.

>tfw you'll never quaff w/ Nanny Ogg

Call me magic

A good witch spell would be "body swap". inb4: no it isn't the same as magic jar. A witch likes to exchange her body with a younger female every now and then but she doesn't plan on going back.

See the Dame Melissa/Didas/Glyneth story in Suldrun's Garden.

Also season 1 episode 3 of Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

>he would have asked in the 5eg
Somehow I doubt he would've.

Warlocks and Witches are supposed to be similar.

If your PC is a female Warlock, you can just call her a witch. Simple as that, in terms of D&D.

>ctrl+f "headology"
my nigga

Also mine nigga

When you play cards with Death over a child's soul and Death concedes to you at cards because all he has is "FouR oɴes" then you're a serious deal of a witch.
Threatening to break Death's arm may or may not be a part of it

Can you give context? All I'm getting is some Russian combat unit during the war.