Warhammer 40,000 General

>implying the FW Emperor's miniature won't be released at the same time Abadaba arrives on Terra edition

>Previous thread
youtu.be/TPMmyXjTUQU

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android.
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!z4wmmJyR!jTfwLczhdFjV0q6nowtGag!qgZhmAhK

>40k rules reference in wiki format.
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Latest GW teases
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW FAQs.
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>List organizer picture book
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Offline list builder
battlescribe.net/

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

Other urls found in this thread:

mobile.twitter.com/40kRadio/status/844723023890579456
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for Nurgle

So who else is getting ready to quit 40k if one more bad AoS mechanic leak drops? Because seriously, this is scary.

Post yfw tau can now shoot in close combat

>taking stormtroopers against plague marines
thank god for plasma guns

>tfw you have been procrastinating about finishing your death guard army for months and now you're look like a bandwagoning newfag

I will fucking fly to Nottingham and cause a problem.

>calling them storm troopers and not Militarum Tempestus Scions™

Where's the live feed / blog?

Blood Angels to be amazing again - you heard it here first!

Adam?

I fucking welcome the new ruleset, its probably going to be a mix of 2nd ed and Sigmar like the new Armageddon game.

Two Blitza-Bommers, Two Dakkajets, or One Blitza-Bommer and One Dakkajet for my 1500 casual list? It's my first time building an army and anons said that Ork flyers are okay for casual games and i really like all of them but I don't know which one to take. I'm leaning towards the bommers tho, they have pretty strong bombs.

I think we all should wait a bit, I want to think it's going to be okay.

As a grog, I speak in the tongue of old earth.

I'm surprisingly okay with astra militarum and tempestus scions being spoken in-universe. Fits right alongside names like adeptus astartes.

swing and a miss

I hope Necrons don't get squatted in Age of Guilliiman.

WHO'S READY FOR SOME LOVE FROM DADDY?

I want to believe too, user...

apparently people are freaking out, what did I miss?

40K is being concluded and replaced with a new simpler game.

8th edition leaks confirming a lot of Age of Sigmar mechanics making it in, so people are unsurprisingly and legitimately worried

I'm worried. I just bought so much stuff for Guard formations. I'm worried I won't be able to do a lot of stuff, but I think 8th is maybe a year away.

Charging units attack first

So what Morty will do? He doesn't have particular rivalry except for Draigo, i suspect he will try to fuck up Guilliman and his eldar friends.

Perhaps a little more tweaking would be fine, but I've never had a bad Maelstrom game. It makes ObSec better imho, too. If I have a troop, I can quickly roll up and steal it from your camper for the turn.

One of my favorites is the one mission where you can claim your opponent's objectives so long as they're capture objectives because the game can swing so hard if you're not careful.

I do with there were more than 10 personal army objectives, though. That would be cooler in my opinion.

June. It's in June.

Link?

That makes sense

>still couldn't get the thread title right

First tentative hints of 8e. Old mechanics coming back, alongside some from fantasy and some from AoS.

change is scaary

Phew. I'm glad you arent.

do we have a source?

Expect plenty of Age of Shillmar fucks parading around claiming that this is going to be a great change and 40k will be much better with 4 pages of poorly-written rules, players getting double-turns, and bizarre fixed hit/wound rolls.

Panel screenshots and coverage from adepticon, last thread

then what good will initiative do?

spread the gospel of nurgle

>there are people who unironically won't welcome Age of Guilliman with a simplified ruleset based around tactical decisions instead of 120 pages of overly-complicated crunch

t-thanks I guess

End Times rules came before AoS rules though. Those were what heralded the End Times. 40k is too popular a game and too reliable a cash cow for them to actually squat the setting, they're just streamlining/dumbing down the rules for the kids and desu that's not even necessarily a bad thing

They're mostly freaking out about the morale rule and thinking they're gonna add everything else from AoS, but I personally think it's going to work like the new Armageddon game, so like a mix between mostly 2e, mostly 7e, and a dash of AoS.

But I just want to know which Ork flyer to take.

I like the Thematic armies will be rewarded bit. Hopefully my Blood Axes Blitzkrieg themed list will be thematic and fluffy enough.

The main thing that's giving me concern is the 'charger strikes first' thing, but that's mainly because I play Emperor's Children and that basically stops my main bonus from ever mattering. If they change it so it's +1 movement as well, I probably won't mind as much, though powerfists striking first is still going to be really dumb and take getting used to.

At that point, I don't think there's ever a reason to take a Power Lance over a Power Axe. The Axe is strictly better on the charge.

>then what good will initiative do?
Initiative wont exist anymore

it'll be back and forth combat like how sigmar is

The good news is, if those things were going to happen, we probably would have heard about it first, assuming it's stuff they're actually revealing in the presentation. I feel like no news on that front is good news.

How does morale work in AoS?

Well, let's review what is confirmed:

>Thematic armies will be rewarded
Umm, good I guess no idea what is specifically meant by that, maybe single codex?

>movement value is coming back
Good, fleet was stupid in this current iteration.

>armor save modifiers
So weapons will now reduce armor saves instead of doing flat ap on infantry. Maybe going to a flat to wound roll on infantry. No idea what they'll do to vehicles and I can't predict it.

>charging units get to strike first
So orks won't be crap tier and termites will be nastier.

>Morale will work like aos
So you need to babysit hordes with high ld characters or units with ld hax like commissars and your multi-wound elites can't risk a squad broken.

Otherwise...there's nothing else we got.

Roll d6+casualties taken, compare to leadership, remove models equal to the difference.

So basically everyone has a shittier mob rule now.

>movement statistic returning

post yfw orks are M4

I don't know exactly, but apparently itms sort of like how it is now, but instead of wounds it's dead models, so it's pretty bad now. Unless the person paraphrased it and they're gonna change it.

You count how many models a unit lost that turn and add a d6. If the total is above your bravery,you lose a number of models equal to the difference.

but now we can't post
>I2

this edition's dead in the water

GEE I SURE CANT WAIT FOR GUARDSMEN TO HIT BEFORE MY 5+ SV GENESTEALERS AND REMOVE THEIR MAIN ICONIC ADVANTAGE OF BEING LIGHTNING FAST

friendly reminder that even if 8e rules aren't to your taste, your 7e books are not going to spontaneously combust and it will not be illegal to play older editions

>people complain that 40k is stale and slow

>aos is midfield moshpit with combat lasting 4+ turns

Armour save modifiers

First good thing I have heard about 40k in a long time

>What is, Gathering Storm?
They are destroying the lore user.

user, Orks are supposed to be M4.

So does anyone know when the new death guard will come out and when 8th will hit?

genestealers will undoubtedly have a high movement value, though

Will we not have fearless? I'm worried. I finally got my gigantic Guard blobs ready.

dark eldar player here
hold me nidfriend

Sweet, now Thunder Hammer, Power Fist and D-Thirster are even better.

Serious question do people play 6th or 5th or 4th editions of 40K at game shops?

Do people play Warhammer Fantasy Battles at game shops?

Literally every one of these is better than the current rule set. Practically given up 40k for AoS but will come back if some rules go over.

Friendly reminder that people at large will play the latest thing and that finding 7e games will become increasingly harder, forcing you to eventually adapt or sell off thousands of dollars worth of plastic toys

don't blob 'em up, m8
alternatively invest in some commissars

>Do people play Warhammer Fantasy Battles at game shops?

Yes, I've seen plenty of WHFB games at my local geedubs.

But if you go 2 turns in a row that mosh pit clears up faster!

So much tactical depth.

>tfw Fear will impose a moral penalty
>90% of armies will ignore it anyway
>NL still terrible

hitting first on the charge reminds me of the good old times of 6ed warhammer fantasy

mounted heroes with great weapons everywhere!

Probably be the "weird, quirky, roundabout and humorous" cartoon villain while Magnus will solidify his position as the "over-planning, wannabe smartass, genius leader" of the bunch and Fulgrim will take over his place as the "mocking and innuendo-spewing, fabulous, token gay" guy of their little group.

Basically, they'll be like the Powerpuff Girl villains, with Magnus being Mojo Jojo, Fulgrim being that gay half-crab transvestite dude and Mortarion being...fuck if I remember, has been too long since I watched it, but I'm sure there was one to fit him.

Guilliman will obviously Blossom, Russ will be Buttercup and Khan will be Bubbles.

Dunno about 40k editions but people at my shop play fantasy all the time

You know you don't have to sell your models right? Even if you can't just go in for a pick up game, it shouldn't be too hard to find other like minded people and keep playing 7e or whatever else.

I got you buddy
I hope you're as PUMPED as I am about all weapons in the game wounding on a flat 3+ or 4+ with no S or T values, removing the entire benefit and flavor of poison

So you charge one unit, wipe it out, then get over-run by I2/3 mooks in return. Whoopee.

Well obviously I use priests and or commissars

>eldar striking scorpions
>fluffwise so fast the naked human eye can't even see them
>get charged by conscript guardsmen
>guardsmen hit first

Nice game

Every unit is kind of fearless as units never "fall back". Just the harder they get beat, the more models they will lose. If it stays the same as AOS the army general can make one or more units immune to battle shock so a unit won't lose any models in the battle shock phase.

I don't think the sky is falling.

Most people agree 40k is too bloated for his own good and could use some fat trimming. The leaked changes seem good and look like they will buff assault which is great in shooting edition (and I play fucking tau)

That being said a direct copy paste of sigmar rules would be a horrible mistake that I don't think gw will make.

Where is everyone getting this information from? I know the gw presentation but how are you viewing it?

just like it is now?

charge unit
wipe it out
get hit with a flame template and fuckin' die

EVERYONE LOOK AT THIS POST

Okay, now that I have your attention, please calm down. We haven't actually seen any changes and the twitter post is very vague, and since it's not even out yet, very subject to change indeed! Our best bet is to take a look at the new rukes for the Armageddon game, since the post confirms the return of the Movement stat, we should assume then that the Armageddon game is running off of 8th edition's rules! If that is so, then there is NO static To Wound or To Hit, as seen in the known pics from Armageddon's ruleset.

Please, calm down.

Aren't scorpions supposed to be slower because of the heavy armor?

>Ork with a Powerklaw
>Big, slow, lumbering brute with a giant heavy lump of metal welded to his arm
>Gets to swing before literal demigods that bewitch people and move faster than thought

Playing Slaanesh is suffering.

40k radio is releasing notes of adepticon GW presentation on Twitter.

mobile.twitter.com/40kRadio/status/844723023890579456

Didn't the guy who predicted nurgle stuff also predict DoubleUltramarines Mk2.0?

Don't worry, we got you covered!
If you can physically run around the table really fast when you get charged, then YOU can strike first!

Leaked changes so far are 2 for 4.

Movement values and especially armour modifiers are excellent.

AoS Morale is very dubious, I don't like the idea of it, feels too overly abstracted and gamey.

Charging units hitting first is ridiculous. Give me back 2e assault phase.

I hope 40k gets 100% AoS-ified. It's literally unplayable now. Having way more fun with AoS.

>Our best bet is to take a look at the new rukes for the Armageddon game

Why? GW is presenting it as another board game. Saying that the rules therein are going to reflect 8th edition is like saying fucking Lost Patrol or Gangs of Commoragh will.

>implying armor slows you down from beyond the scope of the human eye to taken by surprise by joe the undernourished feudal world peasant

Or just say banshees instead

People flipping shit over some leaks of simplified rules. Come on...

The game survived the jump from 2nd to 3rd. It will survive this. 40K is currently extremely bloated and unappealing to deal with. I'm all for a complex ruleset. I'm not all for needing 3-10 books per faction.

While I'm not one given to panicking, and largely ignore the rumor mill until I see it first-hand, there's a pretty sizable reason to be concerned after Age of Sigmar dropping that they may swing way, way too far in the opposite direction when it comes to rules simplification.

The game needs some streamlining, but nobody knows if they learned from their last mistakes and just make the game oppositely unplayable.

Female space marines are thing in AoS.

>play fast army
>get outmaneuvered
>cry
who's I2 now, huh?

That is reassuring to think of.

>weird, quirky, roundabout and humorous
Mortarion is anything but humorous. Dude literally sits around in his own filth being morose all day of every day. It only got worse after the Draigoning.

Looks like trash, desu

How did it work in 2ed? I started with 3ed.

>stormcasts eternals
>space marines
?????

% of armies will ignore it anyway
Space Marines are not 90% of all armies, especially when a sizable chunk of those not playing Space Marines are Guard, CSM, Tau, and Eldar, all of whom often lack Fearless save Eldar.

THIS.

The Armageddon rules seem more like 2e than anything, and I really like that.

Nice snek.

THE TIME OF THE WAAAGH HAS COME!

I dunno, what user says makes sense.

Only Fuzzy Lumpkins comes to mind.

>The game survived the jump from 2nd to 3rd.
Do you know how much smaller the community and hobby was back then?

i have all your answers here

>down the rules
And setting
Also it's bad thing