How Secure is Terra Exactly? I've heard rumors that a Stealer Cult got onto Terra recently...

How Secure is Terra Exactly? I've heard rumors that a Stealer Cult got onto Terra recently, I wanna know just why they bypassed

Most of terra is reletively secure but if a large enough force launches a full on attack larger than what Horus did in the Heresy than it would be very save. But with Magneus breaking the psychich barrier before the heresy to warn his father, deamon's have found themseles constantly pouring through the emperors experimental web way gate. The combined effort of the emperor's will on the throne and the custodes eternal fighting they have been held to the webway for now.

If you read Master of Mankind, the Mechanicus fixed the tear in the webway while the Sisters of Silence and Custodes fought off the deamons

As secure as the plot allows it to be.
>fight off Horus' rebellion
>lmao sirius orks lmao
>custodes are so kewl and stronk
>a bunch of murderclowns kill them
>while a deathwatch fireteam btfos another squad of murderclowns

the security of Terra is the Security of Sol itself, first off is Titan, the unofficial home wolf of the Grey Knights, mightiest Psykers in the galaxy for the most part, constant traffic through system of imperial vessels, from military patrols, black ships [filled with more psykers and sisters of silence] and rogue traders, then the Asteroid Belt has been remade into a giant defensive Grid, after that mars, home of the Adeptus Mechanicus, if the Imperium has it, they can make it, then Luna, a deathstar unto itself, after that, a vast network of void shields, turrets, the Imperial fists chapter, possible traffic from the minotaurs, a constant rotation of some of the best guardsmen they could ask for, the antarctic houses the Inquisition's main base of operations, breaching the palace you have the Adeptus Custodes, second only to Primarchs in power, and after all of that, the Emperor might spare a moment of his attention to glance at you and render you into oblivion

Then what have those golden guards been doing all this time?

missions to prevent possible threats to and maintain the throne, as well as leads into improving it's function or healing the emperor

That's dumb. Threats can come from above the ecliptic and dodge Titan, the asteroids and Mars.

Posthoc bs:
Maybe the asteroid defense is there to stop relativistic weapons redirected from the kuiper belt or other things that would be in the eccliptic.

Maybe its a warp effect that you'll come out in the eccluptic. Then you either have to spend weeks travelling above the eccliptic, which gives the Defense plenty of time to pivot to face you.

Titan and mars are prizes in their own right and are well defended because they have to be.

Couldn't you just, you know, attack from above? The defenses seem like a 2D belt, and space is three dimensional. that way you could ignore half of the defenses from the start. I think tyranids did something similar to enter the galaxy.

Being fabulous

>Couldn't you just, you know, attack from above?
With multiple, simultaneous, devastating deep strikes?

There's probably genestealer cults, and they are likewise probably among the least threatening things lurking about under Terra.

There's 40,000 years of buried nightmares, forgotten civilizations, and it's the center of a galactic empire. There's probably entire wars constantly raging under the surface that those above would be completely unaware of. Orks that have never seen the sun. Traitor Legionnaires who were lost within its' depths and have spent the past 10,000 years marshaling armies of hideous mutants, etc.

Combine this with Journey to the Center of the Earth and we can finally get Ork vs Chaos dinosaur combat.

Nigga, space doesn't have friction. You can use a weapon platform on titan to shoot anything in the solar system.

I think you're rusing me Satan.

I tought the custodes were stronger than the astartes?

>There's 40,000 years of buried nightmares, forgotten civilizations, and it's the center of a galactic empire. There's probably entire wars constantly raging under the surface that those above would be completely unaware of. Orks that have never seen the sun. Traitor Legionnaires who were lost within its' depths and have spent the past 10,000 years marshaling armies of hideous mutants, etc.
do you have a source on that?

>GW
>Recognising that space is 3D in any capacity

Yeah, and completely miss because the opponent ships have over 5 minutes to alter their velocity by a few m/s and have your weapon miss by thousands of km, regardless of how accurate your shot initially was.

Headcanon probably, but headcanon that makes sense. Ork spores can grow almost everywhere, and with Terra having massive traffic, civilian and militarian, it's bound to happen that someone accidentaly ork spores.
As for Chaos, well, maybe there are some CSM from the Heresy left, who rose up cults? Less likely, but not impossible, I guess. Remember, Terra is the biggest hive city in the galaxy.
Which leads to another problem, namely mutants. The Underhives of other planets are usually chock full with mutants, and Terra is THE hive. Would make sense, even if imperial propaganda tells you otherwise.

I imagine the Fists and the inquisition, arbites and all that are constantly patrolling the underhives, rooting out various cults, only to have new ones pop up soon after.

Why don't we have books about it? "Secret stories of Holy Terra". I'm sure fans would love to imagine the terran underhive.

The one big flaw with your idea is that Terra has Emperor on it - even though he is physically a non-entity, psychically his spirit pretty much infuses the entire planet via Astronomican.
No heretic or daemon probably can survive for long in such environment, and the presence of imperial forces on surface probably ensures purity of the planet to a degree impossible anywhere else.
No heretics, no spores.

Emprah fag detectei.
Your God is dead, killed by the great atheist Horus

If you try to come from above or below, you just get blasted by the Moon, because it has no planets to get in the way of it's superweapon at those angles.

Oiling themselves

Erm Horus, the chosen champion of the four ruinous powers of the warp! Do you know the lore?

Guarding the Palace from mutants, traitors, and heretics, just like their job description says you halfwit

>great atheist Horus
but he was a thrall of 4 gods at once

Most secure planet in the galaxy besides the unstable daemon portal underneath it anyway

It's safely sealed. Though Magnus tried to ruse Guilliman into opening it.

wat