Warhammer 40k General

>previous thread
→ #

Kindly no Gathering Storm or 8th edition. If that is your cup of tea, please go elsewhere, especially if you're just going to shill or troll. For all intents and purposes, it's not the same universe.

youtu.be/TPMmyXjTUQU [Open] → #

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android.
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!z4wmmJyR!jTfwLczhdFjV0q6nowtGag!qgZhmAhK

>40k rules reference in wiki format.
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Latest GW teases
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW FAQs.
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>List organizer picture book
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Offline list builder
battlescribe.net/

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BceinBiT9jQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Bishonen ork always gets me.

People are going to burn thier armies and sell them for cheap. Be ready!

Age of the Primarchs!
Female Marines!
Boobless Slaaanesh models!
Not! Stormcast Numarines!

Be ready my lovely anons for at least a year of constant shit!

Try harder.

If you take a formation and a CAD from the same codex in one army can the units from the formation start the game embarked in non-dedicated transport vehicles from the CAD and vice versa ?

In my case it would be: can I take an Aquila Kill Team formation from the Deathwatch codex and put them inside a Drop Pod bought in a CAD as a Fast Attack unit from the same codex ?

Yes they can, Same Faction detachments ignore the FAQ about not being able to embark in BB transports

>Ignore FAQ

Might as well forge the narrative!

I meant that there's an additional FAQ entry saying that models from the same Faction can start the game embarked on another detachment veichle, while normal Battle Brothers can't.
How about you go and actually read the rules before making stupid jokes?

Why read the rules now, when Age of the Primarch is around the corner?

Hi guys, from the Horus Heresy novels I've already read "A Thousand Sons" and "Betrayer" and I really liked both.

Prolem is I don't know wich onw I could read now, I'm tempted by one of the following:
>Prospero Burns
>The Master of Mankind
>Angel Exterminatus
>Legion

What do you say?

Btw I'm also tempted by "Hellsreach" even though is not part of the HH.

Read Prospero Burns. Legion and MoM were dogshit. Angel is just meh.

Fuck me, there is 4 40K generals up. Are you cunts illiterate or some shit.

We are imploding with Age of the Emperor

>Boobless Slaaanesh models!
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Thanks, will probably post my list soon in that case.

>tfw haven't played the shitshow known as sixth or seventh edition
>mfw looking forward to assault armies just as it was in fourth

Honestly 8th edition is sounding alright for Nids

>movement as a stat, no longer does EVERY army have fleet and or run
>fixing LD so it isn't just nonspessmareens that lose units when morale is failed
>a new codex this year that isn't written by cruddace or that retard chaos player that tried to fix nids by writing out this cringey neckbeard warp table that sucked.

Spess Muhreens will still gonna ignore it with their cheap ATSKNF

>fixing Ld
They'll actually have to make some pretty big changes to Ld values across the board.

Take Kataphron Servitors (or any similar model) for example. They're 3 models per unit at Ld8. If they lose 1 or 2 models, they'd have to make a morale save, which would be 1d6+1/2. They literally would be unable to fail morale that way.

That Tau girl is waifu material.

Some units need to be done away with, just as the carnifex was done away with for three editions now.

You'll get used to it. For progress.

No one cares about NPC races anymore.

No one cares about straight white males in power armor anymore.

youtube.com/watch?v=BceinBiT9jQ

>That scythe at the end

¿Mortarion confirmed? Also the models look pretty cool.

>some units
>literally every unit with 3 models and Ld 8 can never break morale
>Ld 7 only ever breaks morale if 2/3 die and you roll a 6

Welp, time to remove Tyranid Warriors and Shrikes from the game as well! About time!

Yes

The fact that they only show the scythe alone likely means that it is indeed Mortarion

It's amazing isn't it ? GW doesn't even have to do anything, all the armies and units that don't matter basically squat themselves !

>Hoping that the details will make sure it isn't as bad as it sounds right now.

You seem to have pics of the actual model, or at least something pretty similar, can you post them?

It was a leak from like 2 months ago that was never entirely debunked. Just google Mortarion Leak. There's no better pictures of it than this.

How much time do we have until 8th? Someone last thread said around June.

I gotta play as much as I can before I lose all my army lists. I'm excited and also butt hurt for 8th. I worked hard understanding 7th the past few months, dropping a lot of money and I just finally bought my rules books yesterday. I gotta get my moneys worth. Time to play 2 times a week.

those are months old leaks and the image from the video released by GW last night

>Haven't seen a warrior on the tabletop since fifth
>haven't seen a shrike on the tabletop

They were already removed.
Let me spell it out for you. Not every unit comes out ahead in the new editions. Your cataclysms (don't let Blizz know you stole their name) are going to be like carnifexes were in the last 3 editions.

But Slaanesh models are boobles since 4th ed. Only Exeption is FW KoS.

How is Carnifexes being nerfed to absolute shit related to Kataphrons and units with similar constellations (such as Centurions, Incubi, Windriders and several others) and Leadership values breaking the way the new morale works if they don't change the new standard for Leadership?

Magnus got one, now Moration...

ANGRON MODEL FUCKING WHEN, I NEED IT

The current ones aren't boobless, they're mono-boobed, It's an important distinction.

Next big guy will be one of the Loyalists, then maybe Angron.
Wouldn't expect him before Winter 2017.

... Somehow you didn't notice daemonette's have gone monoboob, and seekers have a whole row of tits ?

>Daemon Angron described as being around the same size as a warhound titan
>getting a model

Muh dick.

You'll expect these obvious fixes and not blatant sabotage which will turn your army into a meme.

This way you have to buy more models.

>all 3-model units being set to Ld 4-6
Are you working at GW or something?

Fulgrim is next.
GW stated in a livestream that the factions mentioned in detail and/or in the side blurbs in the Gathering Storm books will be updated within 2 years. Fulgrim is mentioned in a side blurb in GS 2 and is also said to be getting off his throne to finally kill Guilliman in GS3.

I would happily re-do my entire 1,500 point Sisters of Battle army that I only bought over the last three months in plastic if GW released the models along with 8 th edition. Possibly in a starter set.
>snap fit plastic molds of the original '97 models

Ok, trying DW as a standalone army.

>Watch Master, Artemis and Termies ride in the Land Raider

>Drop pods come down, blast with an alpha strike

>all kill teams come in turn two and onward and use the beacons from the drop pods to avoid scattering when possible

Literal retards that can't accept change of any sort

>factions mentioned in detail and/or in the side blurbs in the Gathering Storm books will be updated within 2 years
Anyone got a list of said factions?

The Age of men is Over!

Potential new rules for new edition for 40k!!!

Command Points: There is a desire to reward players for building thematic armies – “re-rolls and cool faction rules as a reward”
>Movement Phase: The Movement Stat returns! Goodbye generic movement.
>No more unit types.
>Shooting: Armor Save modifiers return.
>Assault Phase: A shift to Charging units fighting first, instead of Initiative based. A desire to reward successful charges.
>Morale: Desire for Ld. stat to matter. Testing out the Age of Sigmar Battleshock Test mechanic.

The advance of leviathan into sol was mentioned
That's all i cared about desu

Maybe Straken will be worth taking in 8th edition. I miss his usefulness from 5th edition.

The thing that worries me the most about the changes are the morale changes. I've been really enjoying my Priests and Commissars making sure I stay in the fight.

Slaanesh was a big one
Death Guard and Mortarion were mentioned in GS3
Nids are fucking up Baal HARD.
Orks were briefly mentioned i think but nothing as substantial.

>aquilla team
>Bike
why?

also, for fucks sake, buy some melta/frag cannons

Lol.

>factions mentioned in detail and/or in the side blurbs in the Gathering Storm books will be updated within 2 years

So we're getting Kaptain Baddruk (Orks) vs Catachans (Guard)...

NEW CATACHAN MODELS CONFIRMED

So should we expect more news out of adepticon this weekend or did they blow their load?

What's confirmed for Age of Guilliman so far?

Are we dead?

That would mean SoB are getting new models.

We know that is impossible.

???

We know for sure that Death Guard are coming.

That's it. Absolutely nothing else was 100% confirmed yet and every single one of their rules ideas are still in development and might or might not be implemented.

>why?
Split fire and skilled rider. Split fire so when there's a vehicle in range the frag cannons can fire at it while the bolters can focus on infantry. Skilled rider is a bonus and will let them auto-pass dangerous terrain if I have to DS away from the beacons.

>also, for fucks sake, buy some melta/frag cannons
There are already frag cannons there and getting melta guns will hike up the price of the vets. With DW you need to get the most out of your bolters and stuff you get for "free" on the unit, including the lascannons on the Land Raider.

Fuck you, the wolf-chariot is top tier.
The rest is horrid shit though.

Yep... at this point I'm hoping for AoE so I can wash my hands of this shit.

Looking at Rowboat and Titchest, I sure can't wait playing Xenos in a 40k where Chaos and Imperium get not one, but several, of these choices

Herohammer a shit

Calling it now; charging models striking first is negated by charging through cover (without assault grenades) or unwieldy weapons, which put you back on normal initiative.

Which means marine power fists and axes become godly, while ork power klaws still only get to go after they are already dead (and now even mega armour doesn't help, because marine unwieldy weapons go first anyway and armour save modifiers mean 2+ saves are even worse than they are now).

user if they are selling 8th in June, and with how retaraded printing is done in the UK they must be printing at the end of the month.

So those rules are already set in stone.

But user, this is just beginning.

But Ynnari have Ynnead and Eldar have the Avatar of Khaine
Nids have the Swarmlord
Orkz have Ghazgul!

:^)

Nope sorry. Guard are more important and Cadians got squated.

Tho I'd love an Orphans of the Storm box. Which would be a mix of Cadian/Scions/Solar Auxilia

Basically a troop box for a fleet based guard units. Vac suits, etc.

>any of those
>on the level of Rowboat "I'm worth twice my points" Guilliman

The grognards were dealt a killing blow, they lost fantasy and now 40k. The future looks bright for the rest of us

That's what terrifies me.

Also that for ever 5 steaming piles of shit there's always one gem that strings me along, the new Death Guard look good...

This is good bait

Pretending to like AoS is the hottest meme on the market right now

To be fair, Ghazzy will most likely ascend to that level when he does get updated.

ap value is now -armor value, like AoS
leadership is now battleshock, like AoS
Movement is a stat
"rewards for thematic armies" - honestly I think they're going to port the keyword system over from AoS

Their presentation had anime style drawings of guilliman and magnus. Not over the top anime, lookin like some cowboy bebop shit. Still very different from the grimdark style.

Oh I'm not pretending at all my groggy friend. AoS is a great game, and I even played whfb

What a fucking weapon

Meme points just keep coming

>and once a year, on Sanguinala, Logan Paws rides his Wolf Sleigh and delivers presents to all the good little boys and girls of the Imperium.

Yes, also:

1) Female marines.
2) New super-marines crafted by Guilliman and AdMech.
3) Fulgrim becomes loyalist again.
4) Slaanesh is either dead or becomes a good guy.
5) Khan and the Scars turn traitor.
6) The last alliance of elves and men (and Tau).
7) Guilliman drops the xenophobic attitude of the Imperium, and Terra becomes a center of diplomacy and cultural exchange between different alien species. (Except for necrons.)
8) All the evil guys, Necrons, Orcs and Chaos, ally together against the forces of good.
9) The church is disbanded due to being too grimdark and xenophobic. SoBs are squatted. They are superfluous due to female marines, and frankly misogynist fetish bait.

Shit triggers me the most is that fucking baby carrier. I could swear it's the only thing that keep me away from GK.
Damn it I wish I was good at conversion.

>this much shitposting bait in a single post
user, for as much of a faggot you are, you shouldn't risk being killed by all this cancer.

Movement is now a stat just like early 40k and they say they're completely getting rid of the concept of unit types and every unit will have its own special rules instead of having universal special rules in the main rulebook also just like early 40k.

AP system is moving over to a negative modifier system just like early 40k

I was dubious when reading this... but when you said the SoB even got a mention I knew it was fake.

ghazzy will be a 700 pt walker that lets boyz re-roll leadership within 6'', but if they still fail he kills them.

Movement as a stat is a good thing, so is the fantasy style AP system because the old was just stupid.

But chargers go first? What the fuck? And AoS shitty, shitty morale? Stop.

The whole team has to deploy as one unit, so you lose a lot of the benifits of being a bike. you take fag cannon on the drop squad, along with taking a second bolter to keep your SIA. tat way, when you DS 2 inches behind the enamy, you have the double shot assult lascannons, whislt retaining the SIA.

>Imperium and Nids are now working together against crons and orks.
Fucking finally.

All of these models can look good with a little love and care, centurions look great if you extend the legs a bit, dreadknights look fab if you replace the baby carrier with the front of a BA librarian Dreadnought, even the lord of skulls looks fab if you turn it into a Kytan.

>Their presentation had anime style drawings of guilliman and magnus. Not over the top anime, lookin like some cowboy bebop shit. Still very different from the grimdark style.
First of all I will be needing pictures, second will we finally have the 40k anime we've always dreamed of?

no Ghaz will be MC.
New Swarmlord will be walker.

I'd love if cover became To Hit modifers similar to WHFB

God new catachans would be ace, I don't even care, I would literally re-buy my whole fucking army to get rid of those old fucking models.

You call this cancerous shitpost.
GW will call it brilliant idea.

Yeah, that'd be great too

Never liked the one save only system, it makes combat a lot less tactical for most factions as cover is more or less useless outside very specific situations.

I hated the gun-arm assembly of them. Pain in the butt

FUCK ME!
PLEASE TELL ME THAT'S FAKE!

There you go user.