Warhammer 40,000 General

Previous Thread
youtu.be/TPMmyXjTUQU

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android.
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!z4wmmJyR!jTfwLczhdFjV0q6nowtGag!qgZhmAhK

>40k rules reference in wiki format.
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Latest GW teases
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW FAQs.
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>List organizer picture book
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Offline list builder
battlescribe.net/

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/7dl0OtWqCa0
warhammer-community.com/2017/03/23/warhammer-40000-news-from-adepticon/
strawpoll.me/12590190
warhammer-community.com/2017/03/23/shadespire-unveiled/
strawpoll.me/12590279
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

first for clinical depression

Deathwing will become a legitimate, deadly, competitive army.

>mfw with new rules and shit it will be easier to jump into hobby
Well, now I'm waiting for 10 page rules and new starter sets/boxes. Sigmarization is a bless

I just save this for later.

Lets hope for 8th edition.

The new Death Guard realeases are great, but my ready-to-paint CSM and termies seem so bad now...
> :(

>competitive army.
In non-competitive game
>Sigmarization is a bless
For reddit

Okay guys, so my cousin gave me his entire Dark Angel army, I have never even played Space marines, never mind Dark Angels but I want to give them a go. How would you build a 1500 army with these?

The devestators haven't been built yet, except the grav-cannon one (I suspect he used it to replace the fucking rocket launcher model in the tact squad).

I still need a codex so I have no idea what would work best here for the minute.

>femcast is foreshadowing the arrival of femmarines

It's looking good according to Duncan.

youtu.be/7dl0OtWqCa0

>Marine lamenting broke shit

That image is waaaay out of date. Needs to be a Scion or Sister.

>For reddit
I just can't wait for /41kg/ and /40kg/ autistic wars

Repostin' for posterity.

Thicc signmarines. I may need a new ordo malleus inquisitor soon.

just in time for a slaanesh update

I don't think that will happen regardless of how the rules shake out. The die hards can all just jump to HH.

>thinking a game where you can win isn't competitive

Was the Emperor as big as a Primarch, normal space marine or a normal man?

Because how could someone the size of a primarch hid on terra for like tens of thousands of years?

HH uses the 40k ruleset though

Cutest Marines

HH uses the 7th ed. ruleset and will continue to do so. That's my point.

ORKS NIDS SISTERS

ALL FUCKING SHIT

He's a Psyker

> and will continue to do so.

>>playing with special characters ever
pts battles lasting for like 8 hours or so
>I didn't have that issuea
True, I played only with shitty, WAAC opponents. Such is the life in a small town.

>>every fucking unit having a ton of special rules, absolutely nothing was streamlined and simple
>But this is exactly what they're doing with 8th.
And it's a stupid thing to do.

>>fucking wargear cards
>You got me there but they werent that bad once GW was like "hey rip up those OP ones"
'member the Strategy Cards, then?
>tfw lose your entire army before turn 1 because some asshole played Virus Outbreak

>>retarded psychic powers system
>Not that bad
'holy shit, did I just lose my 4lev psyker because you happened to randomly draw Daemonic Attack?'

>>Orks were shit even then
>the core rules were still best
Good thing I got out when I did, then.

The savage in this video is sky high

>dat plastic thunderhawk.

>sculpt my own great Unclean one
>Nearly finished painting it just in time for GW to release a bigger better plastic one
Oh well, I'll have to field two then.

Rumors have the rules splitting, with HH keeping their current books (Which makes sense since that shit is expensive and FW works slowly), to serve as an "expert level game". Whereas 8th edition will be a kind of bridge game between Sigmar and HH in complexity.

>spend lots of money on FW plague marines
>Finally finish painting them.
>New beautiful plastic death guard comes out.

This just isn't fair.

warhammer-community.com/2017/03/23/warhammer-40000-news-from-adepticon/

What in the actual fuck, D6+models lost in a turn-Leadership = How many wounds you lose from morale checks.

Fuck me.

You subtract your leadership. Also there are ways to manipulate it.

Do you not see the - before leadership? I'm aware of that. DE will suddenly become gods as they reduce your Leadership to 2 then boop you on the nose.

Just finished a 1850 DG army.
I know the feeling, at least it was cheap second hand stuff and conversions for me though.

Still you can use the FW stuff for variety.

>DE's Ld modifiers and many, many fear/morale checks
>ever mattering in a game full of ATSKNF and fearless everywhere
We get to kill orks faster. Yay.

DE with night lord allys will be the new hottness.

You're making a LOT of assumptions there.

They are saying it will affect everyone, so I assume they are going to rework fearless/ATSKNF.

Biggest changes for me are unit specific movement and chargers always attacking first. MASSIVE buff to aggressive Ork players who get +1 S and ignore initiative on the charge.

Except "lol immune, exception, no effect fuck deldar unless you're already a shit tier army"

>just bought BoP
>been planning on doing old school DG with MkIII armour, MkII helmet and spike on top
>new DG incoming
>in MkIII armour with the old school MkII helmets

I guess it's my rucky day.

Luckily the FW stuff matches the new designs. I have some of them I was working on too.

Except the new ones are in MkIII armour, the FW ones have MkV torsos that go on MkVI legs and have MkII arms.

>plastic plague marines

I've been waiting for this so long

This is basically the year GW is going, "You want that shit? Here, have it"

>plastic plague marines and thousand sons

Hell, at this rate we might even see new berzerkers. Plastic noise marines would be sweet too.

Blood Angels can complain about whatever they want, they get the shaft hard when compared to other Marines and don't have the toys that make Marines as good as they are. Ooh, deep striking Flamer Tactical Squad, scary.

Do we have info on the release date for the new Death Guard?Any other leaks and stuff?

ANYTHING slaanesh would be nice at some point. didnt get a proper release for more than 7 years

So whats about that terminator in half tartaros half cataphractii? Will he have a 4++ if you shoot him from the right side, be snp but able to sweep?

>MkV torsos
Not really. It's a mix Iof stuff, and the potbelly torsos don't really match any specific mark. As for the arms? There are no FW arms, they're whatever the plastics you use are.

Regardless, what I was talking about was the distinctive helmet, which matches exactly.

I can't really tell if that's supposed to be a Bangle and not just red marine chapter #312. Now that I look at it he's got his little laurel leaves so fair enough.

Nope. Just the video and teaser pics from Adepticon.

You want plastic sisters models? No fucking worry here they are.

CSM don't have access to Termie variants and I doubt that will change. He'll just be whatever Chaos Terminators are.

Fuck that, real sisters please.

Allmost there GW

What armies would you recommend for intro games?
strawpoll.me/12590190

>csm don't have access to termie variants

Didn't the new occult scarab terminators get some unique rules in the new book?
We might see something new soon. Or at least I hope we will. Plague terminators sound fucking awesome.

WHERE

also nice digits.

Calling this MkIII may be technically true, but I'm not sure it's a useful distinction anymore.

What will be the ESorcerer Death Guard equivalent?Tzaangor are probably plague cultists/zombies

It's okay. Soon they'll just be rolled into the Vanilla Codex with 3 special characters and their own unique Death Company unit like Crusader Squads. It's better this way.

Think about the Baal Predators, George. Shh.

Here is a better one:

Choose which allegiance is perfect for a newcomer:

>Imperium of Man: Sisters, IG, Admech, Space Marines, Grey Knights
>Aeldari: Eldar, Dark Eldar, Harlequin
>Xenos: Tyranids, Orks, Tau, Necrons
>Chaos: Nurgle, Slaanesh, Tzeentch, Khorne, Daemons, Chaos Space Marines

The bin video specifically said "sisters of battle"
Everyone keeps paraphrasing it to just "plastic sisters"

They're in Tartaros, but just use standard Indomitus Terminator rules.

>teeth everywhere

That's fucking metal as fuck.

There will probably some kind of mixed unit between death shrouds and grave wardens, that would explain the mix armour after all. Probably chemflamers, powerscythes, grenade launchers etc.

Honestly, despite Bangles being my first army that'd probably be for the best. They'd constantly be updated and not left to languish in the dark for fuck knows how long.

Some generals probably, fat slobs of terminator and on palaquins.

Death Guard Chaos Lords. I'd also like to see a Nurgle Sorcerer, since they're pretty different from Generic/Tzeentch Sorcerers.

slaanesh when?

>Select all
>Didn't activate multiple choice option.

Never. He's going to be removed, just like in AoS.

>a Nurgle Sorcerer

There's the FW one, which I'm starting to think I should order for my PMs in case they chuck it in the LAST CHANCE TO BUY range

Has anyone else noticed that if you look carefully at the box in that pic, and several other times in the video, you can actually see a slight plastic SOMETHING protruding from the top?

I think it's fucking real, guys.

it's a nice enough model, but the spear's a pain in the dick

Is that a real model?
Can I get my hopes up for female marines?

>I thought it was real

Pretty clear MkV style torso with X-shaped cables. Some lack the cables (so it'd be closer to MkVII) and some have a big gut plate. But it's the same style as all the other CSM torsos. Definitely not MkIV, III, II nor VI.

Don't worry user, the new models will propably be more expensive than the FW ones.

Which, now that I think about it, means you've saved money by buying Forgeworld.

Which, again, means FW has literaly become cheaper than GW.
What a time to be alive.

Yes. warhammer-community.com/2017/03/23/shadespire-unveiled/

>new plastic berserkers

Woah calm down there bucko lets not get too wild

fuck, I blew it

second attempt: strawpoll.me/12590279

>heavy collar
>crotch plate like on the MkIII
>reinforced shoulder pads
>MkII/III style backpack
>round knee pads and heavy armour on legs
>heavy plate vambraces that cover the wrist
>MkII helmet, like on old DG (only missing the spike from the helmet)

It's like the Rubric Marines, which are all in MkIV.

Well there is one...

>more stormcasts vs bloodbound
When will it ever end?

Imperium, duh

>unstoppable rage
>immmovable faith

Probably never comrade

It's shit like all it's previous incarnations.

Like, it's in death world or some shit.

Why not a death army with some nice vampires? Or use it as an in road to introduce the new dwarves, skypirate looters vs random stormcast adventurers battle for loot in a haunted crypt.

So will EC be MK4, MK 5 or MK 6? WE should be MK 4 i guess.

I love the rage over charging models hitting first like Overwatching doesn't exist or something

You are what they call an "easy mark".

Oh man i wish this were the case.

Except the last time they made a "joke" video everything in it turned out to be totally real.

You have to admit a plastic Thunderhawk being the big centerpiece that comes with the new bigly-sized Guillimarines at the 8th ed launch makes a lot of sense.

Breaking news, Drop Pods now deployed via hurling them at the table, confirmed because Veeky Forums aspie doesn't understand jokes.