Anyone have river maps?

Anyone have river maps?

Other urls found in this thread:

google.be/maps/place/Muanda, Congo-Kinshasa/@-5.8086534,13.4065912,9.25z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x1a5c15fe7f616a83:0xd655e622591a79bb!8m2!3d-5.9230352!4d12.3635701
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Why do rivers exhibit fractal behaviour and how can I abuse this fact as a geomancer?

Gravity.

Is there anywhere ever a river that splits in two and feeds into two different bigger rivers that go different ways?

I don't really see why not

Kongo is famous for this. If not a single connection of two small rivers, half of Kongo delta wouldn't EXIST and the river would be 2/3 shorter

Pics?
Can't really see it in that pic

I think he confused Niger (where this happens) with Kongo.
If not that extra inflow, Niger would end up in those marshes and dry up.

And the biggest joke about Niger is how it starts almost next to the ocean... and then goes through half of Africa to finally get into the sea.

Niger doesn't split in two and feed itno two different bigger rivers that go different ways though.
Just a split, another tributary, and then it they merge again.

>And the biggest joke about Niger is how it starts almost next to the ocean... and then goes through half of Africa to finally get into the sea.
That's pretty embarrassing

You can follow it on gmaps from here:
google.be/maps/place/Muanda, Congo-Kinshasa/@-5.8086534,13.4065912,9.25z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x1a5c15fe7f616a83:0xd655e622591a79bb!8m2!3d-5.9230352!4d12.3635701

Not the same guy, but I don't see it at all.
Looking for a tributary that splits in two and feeds into two separate river systems, right?

It's just more than a singular inflow.
Like every river has that.
That's not what asked for

Yes, looking for that, exactly.

It's exactly what the guy asked. I get it, it doesn't look like one on the map, but maps aren't exactly famous from showing the direction the water flows and how it divides. Either way it's precisely what the guy wanted.

>It's exactly what the guy asked. I get it, it doesn't look like one on the map, but maps aren't exactly famous from showing the direction the water flows and how it divides. Either way it's precisely what the guy wanted.

Where?

Congos mouth is in the atlantic ocean, Lualaba flows into Congo, Luyua flows into Lualaba.

So which is the tributary, and what's the other river system that it flows into? I'd love to know, I find this stuff fascinating.

the amazon used to flow west into the pacific before uplift

Okay

Am I stupid or does thsi map imply that the Sahara is full of tiny rivers? Why is it so arid then?

undeground water flows I think

I believe they are wadis, dry riverbeds that only have water after heavy rainfall. Notice how they don't reach the ocean, since they quickly evaporate.
The map's dataset included them for whatever reason.

>I believe they are wadis, dry riverbeds that only have water after heavy rainfall. Notice how they don't reach the ocean, since they quickly evaporate.

Ah cool. Thanks.

This account has some more of those: imgur.com/user/Fejetlenfej/submitted

I inverted the colors on this one because I thought it might be easier to look at

shame there's not one for the whole world

Drawing borders by the edges of watersheds instead of at the edge of rivers is fun

>Oder
>Germany

Maybe like 200 years ago grandpa

>Maybe like 200 years ago grandpa
:(

>my county is entirely it's on riverbed
surprisingly comfy