Are potions of strength steroids?

>They strengthen the body of the consumer upon consumption.
>They need to be consumed often for the power to be kept.

Anything else I'm missing?

Other urls found in this thread:

nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJM199607043350101
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>third degree botch on Surgery check

>Anything else I'm missing?

The fact that you're a moron, perhaps?

Strength potion are not steroids, sperglord, and if you were able to actually think you'd realize that.

Strength potions work immediately. Steroids do not.

Potions work automatically and regardless of the character's other actions. Steroids do not work automatically and only help you build muscle mass through exercise. Drink the potion and you're stronger. Inject steroids, but fail to exercise, and your strength remains the same.

The results of potions are usually not permanent. Once the potion wears off, you lose the benefit. The results of steroids can be permanent if you continue to perform the exercises.

TL;DR - You're a fucking idiot and you should be ashamed to have posted that question.

Steroids don't simply make you stronger. They make your body repair faster so you can grow muscle faster at a higher training tempo with less down time.

Someone who takes steroids and doesn't train won't put on a lot of muscle. They will lean out a lot, but training is most definitely necessary.

T. Steroid using /fit guy

So, magic steroids?

You can stop taking steroids and still maintain any gains acquired during their use, though it requires extensive work to do so.

Potions of Strength are more like Angel Dust or PCP. A massive temporary boost to the body's capacity that quickly fades, and encourages reckless actions and self-harm during its effects.

By the way, I bet you're a real peach in person.

Yuck.

>By the way, I bet you're a real peach in person.
I have no idea what that means.

It's saying they're an enjoyable person but sarcastically.

Ah, thanks for the clarification.

Nothing he said is indicative of his personality in any way, he merely explained what steroids do.

No user, you are the real peach.

>Steroids do not work automatically and only help you build muscle mass through exercise.

That is patently false. There have been studies where people who have been given large doses of steroids were able to gain mass faster than the control group which had no dose, but still did moderate exercise.

>That is patently false

Cite those studies and then I'll bring Veeky Forums over to pound them up your ass.

Those people doing "no" exercise were actually doing body weight exercises by walking around, sitting down, getting up, etc. all their waking hours.

>implying fit doesn't already know this
>implying you aren't the 99% of fit who are dyel

nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJM199607043350101

Fuck off dumbass, do the research yourself or don't talk about shit you clearly don't know about.

To be honest, they'd probably see increased muscle mass even if they were bed ridden.

But if you're taking steroids and not exercising, you're hella dumb. It's be like hooking up nitro to your car's engine, then driving 20 miles an hour.

>I'ma bring my dad and he'll beat you up
good argument there kiddo

I bet you think this cow works out all day lol

They're honestly more like a pre-workout. Since it's a temporary strength gain, where as steroids have half-lives measured in days-weeks.

A belt or ogre strength is more like steroids since it has long term strength benefits.

That's not steroids. That's a genetic anomaly commonly referred to as "double muscle" where the animal has reduced myostatin regulation. It's common in some European cattle breeds like your Belgian Blue pic related and in some Horse and dog breeds like American quarter horses and Whippets respectively.

Rarely, but it does occur, humans are afflicted with this defect.

t. Veterinarian

Right, but the point was that exercise isn't an absolute requirement to creating muscle mass. There are lots of ways that it can be created besides exercise.

Yes, genetics.

That thing you can't yet change.

Oh I see what you mean. Yes, absolutely. One would have to alter the persons hormone feedback loop while keeping it stable and without damaging the feedback loop (hence why steroid abusers tend to develop small testicles unless they counter that negative impact on the feedback loop by supplementing their diet with a leydig cell supporting hormone) then yeah. Totally possible. Growth hormones also have that effect.

Certainly magical potions and magical items can fall in that category.