/bbg/ Blood Bowl General This game is still the most fun

/bbg/ Blood Bowl General - Apparently It Is My Turn to Make the Thread Edition

Veeky Forums FUMBBL League Season VII has made it to Round 2, while Monkey League I is in the finals. The other leagues are either dead or irrelevant at the moment.

Blood Bowl 2 Legendary Edition has been announced with an expected release for next Australian summer.
bbtactics.com/
plasmoids.dk/bbowl/Bloodbowl.htm
1d4chan.org/wiki/Blood_Bowl

The rules that are being replaced on FUMBBL, the CRP (aka LRB6):
marmeladov.com/BB/LRB6.pdf

The new GW released 2016 edition (which FUMBBL is adjusting to):
mega.nz/#!5oZ1wRQZ!C4ksVQ_bEKIeA07EBKN0Q2LWOAsrgpHEiG_BND0nO2s
And the Deathzone Season 1 Supplement:
mega.nz/#!ktBllQAa!mHZskvUvvDISY2YE11O9Sedths12M4d2wuGXV2R8YD4

Stunty Leeg handbook:
fumbbl.com/files/Stunty_Leeg_Handbook_v1_0_1.pdf

Veeky Forums FUMBBL League group:
fumbbl.com/p/group&group=9828&op=view

Veeky Forums Stunty Leeg group:
fumbbl.com/p/group&group=10178&op=view

Veeky Forums Secret League group:
fumbbl.com/p/group&group=10393&op=view

Veeky Forums Monkey League group:
fumbbl.com/p/group?op=view&group=10667

Discord Server: discord.gg/3mpKZx2
FUMBBL IRC servers are dead. Go to the Discord instead.
previous Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

fumbbl.com/ffblive.jnlp?spectate=951991
fumbbl.com/ffblive.jnlp?spectate=952076
fumbbl.com/ffblive.jnlp?spectate=952272
imgur.com/a/lrdMb
fumbbl.com/ffblive.jnlp?spectate=952373
fumbbl.com/ffblive.jnlp?spectate=952571
fumbbl.com/~HarpoHarvesterOfSorrow
fumbbl.com/ffblive.jnlp?spectate=952709
fumbbl.com/ffblive.jnlp?spectate=952778
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What's an Australian summer?

American winter

fumbbl.com/ffblive.jnlp?spectate=951991

>discord has killed bbg

>Just like GW killed the game

It was only a few people bumping the threads during the slow hours.

Now its up to you. Id post more stuff, but you know christian board.

Was planning more OC, then death got in the way.

Double feature

fumbbl.com/ffblive.jnlp?spectate=952076

what's OP pic anyway?

le fumbbl ofc

So I bought the plastic Ogre to expand my starter humans.

But there's no player card included. Am I just supposed to refer to the Death Zones roster? I thought it was nice that the team boxes came with player cards.

I got a doubles on my second werewolf(already has block)
Is it worth to take MB or another dub skill on him knowing I already have MB on my other werewolf or should I just rush blodge straight up?

I mean is more MB on a Claw player a bad thing?

Bumping with good old times

What if the other wolf dies? Like is it ever bad having 2 mb wolves? Plus what skill will you get after dodge? Wolves have like 4 good singles only and really tackle and side step aren't as good as block, dodge, and mb

Yeah its probably the best decision, especially with all those av9 teams in the league

>playing BB2
>doing alright in a league with my Chaos team, only got 2k Gold tho
>suddenly, my Big Guy DIES on a failed roll
>use Apothecary
>"lol you're only alternatives are DEATH and DEATH"
>concede
>lose fans
>all progress on my Minotaur died with him, and cost to replace is 15k
>shut down game and cry

>getting Mino
>Conceding because a player died

And now the healing can begin

Don't rehire the Minotaur

is this a ruse

Unless he gets block early on, the minotaur is just a big dumb liability and blitz hogger on a Chaos team and you're better off without him.

So, apparently Expensive Mistakes is implemented in FUMBBL now. Does anyone know if it's active in Veeky Forums league yet?

it's only been rolled out to R and B divisions
it will be optional for leagues when it is rolled out to L

Just [R] and [B], Christer made every team unready to play before rolling. Rolled a 3 with my undefeated Undead team and now have no money.

It's in league. I just had to roll with my orcs after last match. Rolled a 6

Yeah, I too had to roll after my last tg leeg match yesterday

How odd, no mention of [L] in either of the bulletins as far as I can see.

The fuck is Christer doing, honestly.

Why didn't you burn the cash beforehand?

Well, yeah. You could make your own, I guess.

I don't read that much into blogposts so i just figured it was natural. Well at least it was only 30k down the drain.

Do you have his other works?

Well was one, but Penis13 got so mad about losing 4-0 and the picture showing his waifu getting dry humped he kept reporting it.

fumbbl.com/ffblive.jnlp?spectate=952272

Amorican Psycho vs. Dead Doornails

I think there were others too, from, like, 4th season?

imgur.com/a/lrdMb

Game ends in a 1 - 1 tie.

Not enough dead gunners, if you ask me.

excellent work

fumbbl.com/ffblive.jnlp?spectate=952373

Bright Wolves Versus A Bad Idea

Bad Ideas living up to their name.

Troll's up for preorder on the New Zealand page

Needs a bit more detail work tßh

The only teams that have cards are in the starter box. None for rats, dorfs, etc.

It's still a pretty decent mini tho

man fumbl looks a LOT different from the last time I played, i wish those leagues were noob-friendly

Well Veeky Forums league is, just about everyone here sucks.

how often does the troll ever get the ball, though

Yeah, I'm sure a few of us remember the previous client with the weird Apo and Ref.

Join the 145 Club group for new players and noob coaches and go from there.

im probably misleading when i say 'noob', because i actually mean 'incompetent retard'

Do not do what tripfag said 145 is noobs, but you also get to have the "fun" of playing pro coaches and getting your ass handed by joke teams. You're best bet is looking for matches with people you know or just blackbox, but fumbbl sucks right now.

Oh, yeah that is still like 1/4 of the coaches here, you won't be that bad off.

>baseball pitch TTM pose

It's a really funny concept but something more neutral would have been appreciated. Makes it seem like all the Troll is ever doing is lobbing Goblins around, which isn't true at all, even for Goblin teams.

A treeman model, on the other hand.

>that goblin nose

No wonder goblin teams can get bribes for only 50,000 shekels.

Discord killed it

You *could* get a Guard Wolf, as werewolves are favourites to tie up and tend to get into the thick of the action anyway with Frenzy, and more Guard never hurts.

Juggernaut is also nice on a Frenzy piece but is a bit more situational and requires some planning and forethought to make maximum use of.

The worst of the new BB figures so far.

I'm buying four

rip wizard

what was wrong with the wizard?

no fun league

He isn't in nuBB

I was just away to say something looked off about the goblins nose. Guess I'm just a nazi.

Yea but odds are the wolfs are going to be the primary target. If a wolf is off the field or injured or otherwise disposed of it is nice to know you still have a clawmb blitz where ever you need it

And since claw is a free skill on the wolves it is never a waste the way a chaos team would be wasting claw vs wood elves

fumbbl.com/ffblive.jnlp?spectate=952571

how could someone get into the tabletop scene, iv played the video game version alot but when it comes to the actual D6 dice, no clue

buy the new bloodbowl boxed game

in honesty check the naf to see if there's a league near you, also try googling " blood bowl league"

ask any stores if people play, check facebook for play groups, etc etc etc etc

worst case scenario naf has flyers you can put up to advertise a new league (the one you're starting bucko)

>fumbbl.com/~HarpoHarvesterOfSorrow

Are dorfs an ok army to start with?
Im fucking in love with the models

Dorfs are the training wheels on rails

They're difficult to learn, hard to do poorly with, hard to do well with.

While your players are all very safe with their almost universal AV9 Block start, they're incredibly slow and have a difficult time playing the ball. You can't reasonably steal the ball unless playing against incompetents, so your goal is just to win 1 - 0, every match. That is your ideal game, shutting their offense out with your wall of unkillable beardies, and grinding down the field for the entire half on your own offense.

For a lot of people, that's dull to play as and to play against, so they're not a terribly popular team.

Or win 2-1

And dorfs are pretty popular with people who arent shitters. They are totally a top 5 NAF team

>dorfs are pretty popular with people who are shitters

fixed it for you

That scenario occurs only if you threaten the team with enough bodily harm, since you are too slow to put pressure on a team looking to stall out the half.

As I said, the ideal dwarf game is that you successfully defend against the score, and score once yourself. You are trying to avoid scoring twice because it forces your team to try and move faster than it safely can.

monkey league finals

fumbbl.com/ffblive.jnlp?spectate=952709

THREEPAC BTFO THREEPAC BTFO THREEPAC BTFO

i kill you

GOTZYAAAAAAA

fumbbl.com/ffblive.jnlp?spectate=952778

Unscheduled lizards against nurgle

TENDRIL ABOUT TO BE BTFO

Oh no, I might tie, how horrible.

relax buddie take the L

I'm declaring gantherogue unfortunately dead. I'd prefer if people didn't sign up if they can't commit to six games in six weeks, but hey ho.

Anyone in the Rookies with an eligible Vets team want to fill in? I'll relax the Exhausted rule if your team is of a reasonable TV. Preferably you could play sasasing tomorrow, or he gets the walkover and you start in Round 3.

antg here i can join with 13,5 elfen in zamonien and i should be able to play sas tomorrow i think unless some evil deity makes me work on sunday.

You can drop my apes to make numbers even

Excellent, thank you antg

Unfortunately midseason you can only replace teams rather than removing one or two. In some ways I wish Christer would play about with the website-side League stuff that doesn't work too well instead of pratting about removing Wizards or whatever.

Hacking the dice in FUMBBL is so easy, I love making +Strength players there.

>start playing Khemri
>enjoy them
>but also get to know just how shit they are because of the weaknesses

Why are teans like Wood Elves and Lizardmen allowed to have OP lineups with almost no downsides?
And yet a cool concept like Khemri gets stuck with decay on their best players on top of armor 7 skeletons and agi 2 lineman and no claw access to deal with the heavy bash teams.

Just one more starting skill on the TGs would make the team much more forgiving. Even if it was thick skull or juggernaut.

One high level TG dies and the whole team stagnates.

Will probably go back to playing the boring teams but its a real shame.

What OP lineups are you speaking of for Asrai and Lizardfolk?

if every team was bad then there would be no good teams

Khemri used to be good, actually. All their Tomb Guards had an identical statline to Undead Mummies (i.e. they started with Mighty Blow), and their skeletons were cheap.

This made them the true "kill 'em all" team back in the day, much more so than Chaos - you had 4 S5 guys with no negatraits *and* Mighty Blow, plus a ton of cheap Skeleton linemen to foul them while they were stunned. And since you're so slow you're probably rolling up in a fouling deathball anyway (and once the TGs level up and get Guard you're always fouling with assists).

They got hit with the nerfstick really hard in LRB5+ and haven't really been the same since. My favourite suggestion to bring them back up into "useful roster" status would be to give all the TGs Grab as a starting skill - it reinforces their positioning heavy bash game in a way that's different from other bash teams.

As for Lizardmen and WE having OP lineups... you need to look at rosters in a League context rather than just a one-off game context. Lizards most brutal at low TV but drop off as other teams get Dauntless/Dodge/Block/Tackle. Skinks stay vulnerable throughout their miserable amphibian lives and a Lizard team that loses their Skinks will just not have the numbers to control the pitch. Wood Elves are very vulnerable to fouling and attrition, and like all elf teams constantly have to play with less than a full roster.

Wood Elves

- armor 7 die easily
- low on str besides treeman

+ agi 4
+ 2x fast blodgeleap super players from game 1 that can do pretty much anything
+ great elf positionals
+ a str 6 standfirm big guy because reasons

Makes a team that can score and sack the ball every two turns if you arent very careful. Have to pray for enough pows and injuries or you are fucked.

Lizards

- Agi 1 Saurus
- Skinks a bit vulnerable

+ 6 Str 4 players, and kroxi
+ Fast moving big guy with prehensile tail
+ Fast stunty skinks for bullshit plays even if you manage to survive the str onslaught

Makes a team that will always outmuscle you until you get some guard or claw. And you wont get to hit those skink td scorers unless the coach is a retard.

Better if there were more good teams than shit ones. I dont even want to nerf the above, just buff ones like khemri and vampires so there were more interesting choices at the competitive level.

Yea i heard they were much better at their role before, and that nerfstick makes me wonder why it was targeted at them and not Woodies or Lizards.

Its true, they can both be beaten, as any other race. But i picked them because low-mid tv is where most games are played outside perpetual leagues. And they are still relatively good at high tv... unless Lizards run into clawpomb.

Yea but in a League context Lizards usually have a tough time getting SPP on the Saurii and WE have trouble keeping players alive. They're definitely top tier teams nonetheless. Common ideas to tone down Lizards would be to make Saurii AV8; not really sure on changes for WE that wouldn't dramatically change the feel of the team (one common idea I've heard is giving Wardancers Wrodge instead of Blodge to start).

>Khemri Tomb Guardians™ are even shittier now

A N O I T E D

>once the TGs level up and get Guard you're always fouling with assists

Guard doesn't let you assist fouls while in tackle zones, just blocks.

i want to be hopeful and say he maybe meant with guard it's easier to block and so you get better fouls.

Vamps are one of the best high TV teams though.

>Lizards usually have a tough time getting SPP
Not anymore. With the New MVP rules and removing piling on Lizardmen are stronger than ever

b-but muh Expensive Mistake