Warhammer 40k general

>Space marines are Ork Tier!
>We only have 4 viable ways to run our army!
>Please ignore that these 4 ways can basically cover every sort of unit in the codex

>previous thread
Kindly no Gathering Storm or 8th edition. If that is your cup of tea, please go elsewhere, especially if you're just going to shill or troll. For all intents and purposes, it's not the same universe.

youtu.be/TPMmyXjTUQU [Open] → → #

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android.
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!z4wmmJyR!jTfwLczhdFjV0q6nowtGag!qgZhmAhK

>40k rules reference in wiki format.
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Latest GW teases
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW FAQs.
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>List organizer picture book
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Offline list builder
battlescribe.net/

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7dl0OtWqCa0
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Is it a game yet?

First for stop making threads so goddamn early the oldest isn't even at the bump limit yet

So AoS is coming to 40K by the sounds of things.

Optimistic about I changes.

I wonder if Guilliman's NuMarines will include women. There are female Stormcast after all.

back when dreadnoughts weighed 2kg

They won't. SoB will be re-released/remade instead

Rate me.

>Guilliman's NuMarines
Fortunately, last we heard from the rumor mill, it's a new mark of powered armor. We're being spared a full sigmarization. For now.

What about:
>Squat SoB
>Made female Nu Marines
?

ThAt good, I would like some bolter bitches to go with my guard

about as solid as an ork list can be/10

The only thing that could help you more is an allied chaos knight or buzzgobs stompa

I feel outta the loop but... why no 8e discussion?

Did they lie about rebooting the galaxy? lmao. Last I've heard they were streamlining the rules, adding some 2e stuff and that's it.

>Red weapons
I still do this, but it makes me sad GW's studio team doesn't.

You're all a bunch of cunts.
I'm ready for 8th.
I haven't played since 6th :^)

>Welp, time to remove Tyranid Warriors and Shrikes from the game as well! About time!

Oh my sweet summer child.

>Did they lie about rebooting the galaxy?
That was just Veeky Forums fearmongering, which admittedly, ends up being correct far often than it should; but in this case, for the foreseeable future, seems to have been wrong.

They never said they were rebooting 40k, the only people that actually think 40k is going to get squatted like fantasy are BoLS shitters

Then we are as one.

It can't get any worse, right?

Kindly no 7th edition or whfb, if that's your cup of tea please go elsewhere, especially if you're just going to shitpost. For all intents and purposes, 8th edition and AoS are better games.

Why would they do that? Not only would they be wasting all the work they've already done with SoB lore and design, they'd also risk pissing off the lorefags.

It makes no sense whatsoever.

It doesn't seem to be a reboot fluff wise. So far all we've heard is they're adding back some older 2e stuff, but also some junk from Age of Sigmar. Just rules right now though

Just for Imperial factions.
Xenos have nothing to lose, everything to gain.

Same. Last I played a game one turn lasted like 20 minutes or so and a friend had to pack up early due to responsibilities in the morning. I am all for a faster and more streamlined game.

That said, we shouldn't fearmonger or worry until the shit drops bc as far as I know it's all just being discussed right now.

Just play the game and it'll get here when it gets here my niggas

8e is welcome here friend. The darkness is ending, soon we will enter a future far brighter than any we can possibly imagine.

Grognards fear change, but honestly this game can't get worse.

Good I'm glad. Get rid of the fuckin' rules bloat please.

Any news on more complex ruleset for HH I had heard rumors about?

>tfw sylandri telling cawl to embrace the new future was 10/10 forshadowing

Stormcast keep their memories and personalities making them more interesting than most space marines. Makes you wonder what else they retain? An off-duty Stormcast might be popular with the ladies.

Space marines on the other hand are living weapons and nothing more, at least until they have been around a few centuries and have built up a personality over time.

It's no 8e discussion because the dude making these last threads way too early is obviously a shitposting moron, is all.

>Let's give this unit a big anti-tank gun
>S10 AP- Assault 2
This isn't 3rd edition you stupid nigger.

SINDRIIIII!!!!!!!!!!

I'm okay with this, the game desperately needs some slimming.

>Age of the emperor soon
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

>8E is anounced
>shitposting immediately skyrockets
god damnit

The future is looking bright. Assault armies have been the sick man of Europe for three editions.
>If only the Nid and ork codex weren't always the first to be released

Those Death Guard look too Chaos Warriory and not enough Space Mariney

Obviously I meant 4 not - but it's basically the same.

Sick man of 40k you retard

Excellent.

I wonder what this means for the Inquisitor28 people. Hopefully a 40k version of Hinterlands. That'd be great. Would be neat to see a mixture of Inquisitor and Necromunda for Hinterlands.

I wish this was 3rd edition.
That shit was the best.

If I used one of these for a game do you think anyone would have an autismo fit because it isn't a newer model?

I haven't played in like 15 years so their might be players who weren't even born when this model was out

ADB is that you?

Explain?

Slimming is fine, but I don't like some of the ways they're going about it.

If they did you probably wouldn't want to play with them in the first place

>Orks are a melee race!
>Waaagh!

G O O D

I always see the dick on that gif

>Space marines are Ork Tier!
>We only have 4 viable ways to run our army!
>Please ignore that these 4 ways can basically cover every sort of unit in the codex

That guy was cringe.

If you imagine cruddace hasn't played since 3rd edition the tyranid codex suddenly almost makes sense.

GW can't do anything without a spike in shitposting because after the last 10+ years the fanbase save for the most dedicated of autists doesn't trust them anymore.

>honestly this game can't get worse
>tempting fate this hard

Using ancient models gets you extra credibility points.

Horror.

pretty sure thats just a belt man

Nah, they'll probably be impressed more than anything

>tankhammer in aktion

>What continent did 40k originate from

The line between chaos warriors and chaos marines used to be a lot more blurred

In terms of balance, kinda.
But the 3ed codex was actually a lot more fun and interesting with the options you could do.

Only the dead know peace.

But at the same token, Stormcasts lose pieces of themselves each time they're reforged (resurrected after dying).

Meaning they'll eventually but just a living shell.

loss?

Turkey, that's where the emperor is from

Even if you mean britain, that doesn't assault armies the sick man of europe. Jesus christ. That phrase is for economically underperforming european countries, not a specific kind of army in a game that was created in europe. Again, sick man of 40k.

Consider the fact that if Plastic Sisters were in the works and were going to be released any time soon, we would have gotten leaks of it already, wouldn't we?
Whoa, it was completely plastic?

I use a 1e (2e?) rhino, and ten of my marines are 2e. I love them.

I like older models more than newer models. I dunno, they've got less detail but for some reason I feel they've got more character?

The move to something closer to AoS is honestly the best move GW can make for 40k as well. That particular style of play where every unit has a special skill that has synergies with other similar faction units helps balance out a system that has had its fair share on unbalances due to for example only pumping out HQs back when that was a thing or only pumping out melee units when that was overpowered or 7th's big powerful units and small fast attack units meta.

Leave large army tactics to historical wargames which actually excel at balancing it all out.

But user, he really wanted to run his Tactical terminators in land raiders alongside his Scouts in Land Speeders!

He might only beat Orks 98% of the time with such a terrible list!

The new Deep Strike rules seem really unbalanced, I just can't see how it will work with some units.

Did we get leaks of the steampunk dwarves from AoS?

Not everything leaks man. At this point the pattern of sisters stuff is too much to ignore.

My only concern is that things might get left behind in the dust during the shift.

Loss.

Like what?

The only one ever claiming they're as bad as Orks was the guy arguing against him, though.

>Charging units will get some sort of Initiative bonus
>riptides are faster than marines on the charge
>Slaanesh marines striking last against charging loyalist marines
>genestealers getting beaten up by charging guardsmen
But at least Boyz will get to hit first for a change, right?

>If only the Nid and ork codex weren't always the first to be released
Looks like Crudd is going to be put to working writing the new Tyranid codex for 8th, i wonder what wonderful buffs he'll give them this time?

Yes. It will ruin unit's coherency.

I can't for the life of me figure out how we will deep strike terminators.

Forgeworld models spring to mind as an obvious example. You know how good they are about keeping everything up to date.

Aside from that, any random model could potentially slip through the cracks and have their main gimmick just get demolished by the changes.

>That particular style of play where every unit has a special skill that has synergies with other similar faction units
That's pretty cancerous design because it moves the rules from a modular core rule system into the profiles, which makes getting a broad overview of things cancerous as fuck.

GUILLIMAN IS BACK
ALL HAIL THE ULTRAMARINES, THE GREATEST OF ALL CHAPTERS

Where'd you see it? Or what's the new DS?

You just smash them down onto the table in a similar fashion and wherever the Sergeant's base lands is where they'll scatter to.

To balance that, they'll than be able to charge ASAP.

It's explained in the new Warhammer TV video "inside the studio"

I mean they're my favorite but there's no reason to grandstand when other people prefer different factions.

Demonstration video of some new changes released earlier: youtube.com/watch?v=7dl0OtWqCa0

Forgeworld should probably be axed/rolled into standard 40k anyways

Honestly never understood what the point of FW was

When he cried about how he can only win with four builds was cringe.

Him crying about monobuilds and getting raped by and was funny

Except their getting rid of unit coherency dumbass, with the new bases, everything will just be stacked next to or behind each other. There's no need for unit coherency rules.

Not sure how you mean this statement. If it's in the "AOS made a lot of WHFB units useless", then yeah I do hope they have conversion kits for newer models to be used on older ones as well. 40k has a higher quantity of detailed models compared to WHFB so they don't have to completely throw them out. Not to mention

If you're talking rules changes and what they do for the units, this would be the perfect opportunity to start making things that weren't as powerful more useful again.

Well, they used to be a separate company, now they're another design studio under the same name.

The thing is though, they give a lot of factions some pretty cool vehicles and options to make use of. It's the only source of flyers and superheavies a lot of armies have.

As opposed to 75% of the current models being practically unusable?

That was more than one user, though. It wasn't just one person arguing for Space Marine units being bad most of them are.

Also, please learn to quote if you want to make a "THEY SURE SHOWED HIM" post. Otherwise you just destroy your own argument.

But AoS isn't WHFB. 40k is still 40k, just a new edition.

Top Kek. Plastic thunder hawk.
It's awesome to see them trolling us.

How do you guy say Abaddon? I always said it like Ah-bu-dawn, still do really, until I heard Duncan say Abaddon when referring to the color.

Neato thanks

>practically unusable?

Maybe if you're talking Tournaments. I'm talking stuff like "high initiative AP 3 marine killer" having even that mediocre role removed if it can't ignore marine armor as easily, or if the marines can just charge it first to ignore the high initiative.

It's a design system that works well for card games, and it would work well here as well due to just how much power creep there's been with newer units/rules as it would give every kind of unit something special or another. It doesn't have to be overly unique, but at the same time just enough to make that unit a justifiable investment.

Can you not see that the game isn't going to change much? They aren't applying these new rules to 40k as it is, everything is getting a massive Stat overhaul. Units that specialize in killing marines will still do that

>Weapons will “act more like you imagine in the lore”.

So....S5 AP3 boltguns soon?

a-BAD-don

It fits him perfectly