Solo Session for my player

I'm taking a more personal approach with my game, i want to offer players who've missed a session or decide to split off, a chance to go through a more hands on game. more where theyre the focus/star. hopefully to help connect with certain 2 of my players that always seem un-interested in the main game.

tomorrow is going to be my first session, the party warlock, he's not very good at interacting with NPC's or Roleplaying, but he is sufficient at combat.

i need help coming up with a session or ideas for Non-Combat stuff he can do that would have him interact with people

pic unrelated

currently theyre in a large city, extremely large, but its not there home base.

the city has nearly anything you can imagine in a high fantasy setting, they have wizard towers where you can buy spells and enchantments, underground black market where you can trade illegal monsters or poisons. whatever

It bothers me that the artist who made that picture probably doesn't know what Sovereign Glue is.

It being Veeky Forums I assumed your issue would have been the MLP pegasus on the glue bottle.

Why would you think that someone on Veeky Forums would be upset at a MLP reference?

Indeed, it's a known fact that The horsefucker universe takes place in the D&D cosmolgy.
Or did no one notice the time of day alicorns are Selune and Shar?

Ponyfinder

not that i dont mind a little horseplay, or kidding around, but i am genuinely looking for some advice

Tell me more I'll try to help

>ForeverGM here

I don't want to tell you any more because I'm a very private individual.

I hope you understand.

also forever GM i know that feel.

uhh the player has a demonic patron, the player himself is very bad at making decisions, he tends to avoid plot hooks and just wait for another party member to charge in. in the last session he full on avoided the quest because they told him to go away.

so i guess I'm looking for a quest he can't walk away from that would also be fun, maybe one that would force him to actually interact with people. or should i just give up and appeal to the one thing he actually does and just force some fighting for no real reason.

Drop him in. Let him start his day with going to the marketplace then...

1. Kidnapping mixup leads to him being taken by a paladin and a couple bounty hunters who believe he is a wanted criminal

2. Mugging along a side alley way.

3. Have him write a letter home.

4. Another group of adventurers are headed to a secret dungeon they just found. Have him tail them and foul up their plans. He doesn't have to go in the dungeon. He could lock them in after stealing their horses.

5.enter character interest like dancing, cards, or a duel

6. Really any small time contest that he could lose, but still gain reputation from.

7. Make another set of popular heroes enter town and he can go see them.

8. Fuck, man, it's high fantasy a priest or some shit needs a agile guy to slip into an,old temple, ruins, or art collectors house.

Peak his interest and he'll write the story if you can describe his surroundings.

Assuming you know this person is there anything he is interested in already? Anything he cares about or would likely interact with? I mean I could throw you ideas but i don't know the guy, and if he's having trouble interacting with plot hooks then more generic plot hooks probably won't do it. You need something tailored to him.

Worst comes to worst you could force him into something by having his patron make a request of him, but that's a last resort since that wouldn't be him engaging organically.

>Peak

It's actually spelled peaque when used in that context.

>It's actually spelled peaque when used in that context.

I assume you had a stroke while attempting to type "pique".

That it should be spelled pique is actually a common misconception

>That it should be spelled pique is actually a common misconception
I guess you're right, and everyone else on the planet is wrong.

the character wants to become an enchanter, so i gave him the means to do so, but he hasn't done anything about it yet.
he has fears he will run away from, he doesn't like this group known as the inquisition, they kill mages for the lulz.

yea, i hope to tailor these more towards each player i have in them, like for him since he's weak at interacting with NPC's i want this one to have emphasis on interaction. Or is this forcing it too much?

I'll look it up in a bit. I'm on my first gen iPad.

While I do thank you for correcting my subpar grammar and fixing the sentence, do you mind if we move back to helping the DM? I don't want to leave him hanging.

Please don't take that sarcastic tone with me. I'm only trying to inform you.

If you were more willing to admit fault you'd be a smarter person for it.

r9k troll detected

I'm not being sarcastic, I'm simply agreeing that you are correct and every printed and online dictionary is incorrect. Why are you so doubtful of my intentions?

Well in that case, thank you very much.

no not necessarily forcing too much. Lets see... well if he want's to be an enchanter have him overhear a rumor about a really skilled enchanter nearby who is looking for apprentices or something. I don't know what hooks you've given him in the past, but i don't see how he could pass that up. He'd have to talk to people to gather information on where the dude is and how to get there, and then he'd have to talk to him when he was there. Possibly talk with some of the other aspirants. Dude could give him a quest or a test to prove his worth etc. Maybe it's too on the nose, but that is the first thing that comes to mind. Give me a minute and I'll try to think of something a little more subtle and involved.

bump

Solo means solo, you mean 1 to 1 totally different things

enlighten me, how is GM'ing for a single (solo) player not considered a "solo session"

better yet, how would one run a solo session by your logic of only being one person.

I'm guessing you're the same grammar troll from earlier and everyone should just disregard you now, moving on if you have nothing to contribute get the fuck out

He's right, you know?
There are solo trpg games (Hikikomori, Quill, How to Host a Dungeon) where you play by yourself.
I guess you could also count CYOAs, and there are random tables for some rpgs which allow you to play by yourself and leave something to the rng.

What OP's asking for is actually a 1 on 1 session.

downtime roleplay is fun as hell. Between missions and runs it's pretty cool when my GM does solo sessions. It's great for character development.

Purchasing items, training, making things, or simply sandbox the things their doing.

Solo = on own as in solitaire solitary nobody else. Gaming on own, there's a whole market of solo gaming.

GM plus player= one to one

Really isn't that difficult to understand, it's that simple like basic maths.
1= 1 solo
1+1= 2 not 1(solo)
how is this grammar fuckwad it's maths.