youtube.com/watch?v=A4LZ8iCSkeU

>Fuckin Magnets how do they work?
youtube.com/watch?v=w8Tkw7ttTIo
miniwargaming.com/magnet-guide
bolterandchainsword.com/topic/297605-tutorial-magnetisation/

>List of mini manufacturers for converting and proxy
pastebin.com/p6bVhGsg

>Stripping Paint - the ellipses is part of the link
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Dakka_Modeling_FAQ:_How_to_Strip...

>On the consequences of insufficient ventilation
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronic_solvent-induced_encephalopathy
hse.gov.uk/pubns/indg273.pdf

>In the face of death, I shall have no remorse.
youtube.com/watch?v=N_ZgyNoHtjw

>Previous Threads

Other urls found in this thread:

play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.simplemobilephotoresizer&hl=en
imgur.com/a/oRtlX
massivevoodoo.blogspot.com.es/2010/02/tutorial-painting-true-metallic-metal.html
youtube.com/watch?v=McfWLZ253Hk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

FIRST FOR THE SPACE MARINES

I want to do a blue Blood Angels successor, is this heretical?

I'm trying to get a more 'azure' blue (as befitting pretty marines) and I'm thinking white marble pauldrons.

Anyone know how to paint white/albino fur? I feel like it should be as easy as starting with an offwhite and working up to pure white with layers of drybrushing, but I also feel like that sounds too easy to work.

Paint with grey basecoat, wash black and highlight with an off white/greywhite ton and then use pure white on the top of the furs
If you're drybrushing do the same as I said, fur is easy if you drybrush it and the result is good.
You can manually highlight which takes a lot of time but looks incredible

Thanks man.

Got my overlord featured on the gdubz site.

I thought it looked shit lol

I just finished this guys. I though they were going to be really easy to paint, but it took me almost a year for gather enough strength to finish them.

Infinity miniatures are nice to paint, shame that the game itself is so tedious.

Those are really nice mate, great job. My only critique would be the highlights are a touch stark for my tastes, but thats just me. They still look spot on!

Well done, lad.

That looks pretty great user.

I wish I could get NMM blending consistently as good as those.

>Got my overlord featured on the gdubz site.

Groovy.

So I've been putting together my first Knight, and cleaning a couple mouldlines I've missed because I'm a fuckwit, and although the bottom and back sections went together nicely, there are some gaps between the front of the sides and the section that is below the head, pic related. What do I do about them, if anything? Fill with glue, do nothing or try something with greenstuff?
This is my first kit I've really ran into this problem with.

It's a fair complain; I normally paint trying to emphasize blending instead of highlights (like this pic), but Infinity miniatures has so many details that I tend to exaggerate the lights in order to get something that look right from above.

Thanks btw!

That makes a lot of sense when you say it like that, i'll let you off :^)

That fleshtone is fucking perfect... I hate you.

the shirt and pillow are fucking perfect. well done

Where did you learn to do flesh like that? And for that matter, what paints do you use?

I've been trying to practice skin for Kingdom Death but it all comes out looking like an awful mess.

Hey guys I posted yesterday asking for tips. This is what came out of my attempt. Don't know why the face is all speckley now. Maybe too much dry brush? I'll post the before in a second.

Sorry for file size, mobile photo

My complaint exactly about infinity itself. You'd think with models so nice the game would flow just as smooth.

OH GOD I AM SO SORRY

Before. he's the fellow on the left

>4.17mb 5k x 3k
>3.32mb 2.5 x 2k
>4.84mb 3.2k x 2.5k

user for God's sake...

play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.simplemobilephotoresizer&hl=en

>3.32 MB, 2649x2117
>4.84 MB, 3290x2549
Stop this shit

I like the speckleyface. Gives it texture, like it's old and beat up.

Hey, thanks a lot. Really.

Didn't know how to resize it. Really this is like the second time I've ever posted on any of these types of forums. Sorry

>I thought it looked shit

Good eye, cause it does.

lurk moar

Of course not.
Remember that there's a Duncan tutorial for marble.

Well done lad.

Now, do note that they do feature shit jobs sometimes, but don't worry, yours isn't.

Easy, look up in your phone's settings when taking a picture. You can change the resolution. Take one of the lowest one.

And then, crop your pictures, no need to take the whole desk with it.

Lurking =/= posting

It's another world

Thanks

>lurking =/= posting
No shit. I'm saying don't post and lurk more. Then you would have realised your mistakes before making them.

Oh cool thanks. I like the other people's advice better but I'll take what I can get.

I use Vallejo model color. I think that the most important thing to paint the flesh this way it's using a really thin paint to do the blending. It's about letting the paint move into the miniature more than "apply" it.

This is my recipe:

Base coat: Sunny Skin Tone (70845)
First shadow: Brown Sand (70876)
Second shadow: Brown Sand (70876) + Flat Earth (70893)
Third shadow: [Brown Sand (70876) + Flat Earth (70893)] + [Chocolat Brown (70872) + (very little) Black (70950)]
First light: Sunny Skin Tone (70845) + Basic Skintone (70815)
Tones: Calvary Brown (70982)
Second light: Basic Skintone (70815)
Third light: Basic Skintone (70815) + Ivory (70918)
Highlight: Ivory (70918)

I made a tutorial some time ago, it's not about flesh, but it shows the process that I use to paint it: imgur.com/a/oRtlX

I really wanted to love it; waited for the 3rd edition waiting for a big rework in their core mechanics, but they even make the problem worse. I don't want to be checking 3 200-pages books every 5 minutes in a game, it simply take away all the fun.

Try to thin more your paint. You need more precision, but you only going to achieve that painting more, so keep working.

True metallic is difficult to improve, you could try to do something like pic related, with an easy nmm.

Also, check this: massivevoodoo.blogspot.com.es/2010/02/tutorial-painting-true-metallic-metal.html

Good luck!

It's not bad at all but you could have definitely blended down better on the orb.

Dude, do you have an instagram or a facebook page? Id love to see more of your work and future stuff.

youtube.com/watch?v=McfWLZ253Hk

Ah, it's you!
I love your painting style, andyou should post more

Do you varnish your minis and if so, with what?

I've been googling brands and according to comments all of them are the best thing ever or absolute crap depending on who you ask. Looking for a matt varnish either brush-on or rattlecan.

I personally prefer Army Painter matte varnish (rattle can).

Testors Dullcote

>Do you varnish your minis and if so, with what?

This stuff works pretty well. I also sometimes use Citadel's 'Ardcoat on surfaces with waterslide transfers to help keep them from rubbing off when being handled during games.

currently converting some chaos cultists, anyone know what size bases they use for the game?

reposting pic from the last thread, not had time to take a newer one yet but I could do with some advice.
Next thing i'll be painting on this guy is his sword, what sort of colours do you guys think would go well?
I'm thinking possibly orange to match the glowey parts but i'm not 100% confident I could make it look decent

Oh hey, saw these in the last thread. They look better!
You could also add some extra highlight to the coils in the body of the rifle, I'd be tempted to go real bright with them, make them look like they are glowing.
Other than that I think it's just going to be a case of practicing and painting more to improve, so get painting!

magnetised but only basic loadout painted thus far.

Pretty sure it's the 25mm bases for cultists.

Got any WIP shots or at least what parts you're using? Was thinking of converting some cultists myself in a few weeks.

What does tg think of my blood bowl base?

Thinking of basing my entire team like this.

I would use 25 mm

Ge has been switcing over to 32 lately though

I dig it. If you're gonna label some of your team you've gotta label them all though or it won't look right.

Does anyone know a good source of feathers to put on some IG helmets? I tried looking into stuff like the bolt action bersaglieri but looks like the heads are not available as a separate pack.

warhammer fantasy empire stuff

Threw together a chaos spawn with extra bits, painted it up, need to do more touchups and have since put crackle paint on the base.
Though, painting this thing cemented my aversion to painting any of my kingdom death models. I am shit at skin.
Also, they're spare bits. In case of an autistic rage from some user: no, I did not break apart an entire KD mini for a shitty spawn.

well, I won't be sleeping tonight

poor poor Ivy. Soul Edge is a helluva drug

I like it!

Is he doing some assault from a thunderhawk?
(mini still looks nice)

Lamenters are yellow, and a blood angel succesor, so I don't see any problem.

what is shit about that?

nice

not bad, could be better, but all in all, not bad

great work user

looks nice

>I am shit at skin.
I don't find it bad
also, my I ask, from where are the female legs?

Do you scratchbuild the bases or are they premade?

Pic is what I'm going to try finish now. I keep painting Malifaux, but the community has died in my city, so sooner or later I'm gonna drop it and start with KDM.

Nop; I lurk around here and I used to be on the Malifaux forum, but nothing more. I should make a blog or something because I do commissions some times and it would make my life easier, though. Maybe I'll try to make one this weekend; I'll discreetly spam it here when it's done.

Haha, I post here a lot, but I usually do without posting any of my miniatures to keep a low profile.

I have used Vallejo air varnish and it looks nice. A professional once told me that the best one was the matte one from marabu.

The female legs and arm are an alternate choice for one of the kingdom death Saviour pinup models.
Thanks for the feedback, anons, makes me certainly feel better about it. Though, I now see moldlines and a splotch of blue on a tentacle; was a bit too hasty to post.

I'm working on a Throgg-proxy. The thought behind the mini is to have a Daemon Prince/heavily mutated champion/Troll King which will lead a horde of Nurgle mutants (Putrid Blightkings), trolls and the odd minotaur (which will all proxy for trolls).
As of now the mini is simply composed of a GW minotaur with the head from a Mantic Moloch, but I'd like to make some further additions to it to make it appear like a proper great champion of the Chaos Gods. What are your suggestions? I'm half tempted to give him the skull cloak from the Chaos Lord on Manticore box.

thanks for the source of the legs
and about the moldlines and the splotch of blue, since it's a spawn anyway, it doesn't matter that much (in my opinion)

Those are premade; urban series from microart. I do my own bases now, but only because I'm a cheapo, premade normally look better. Pic are the one I made for cities now.

That's really good. Only thing I can think of is the helmet socket of the mid guy should have been darker since you can see into it and it's all bright.

This. Use Testors' Dullcote if you are a billionaire. Use Army Painter Anti-Shine if you aren't. Other non-yellowing UV resistant mattes probably get the job done just fine but Testors and AP have given the most consistent, highest quality truly matte (with texture) finishes from my experience.

is there a goto varnish for use with an airbrush?

Starting Guard and while I've got the colour scheme down I haven't decided on a regiment yet.

Thoughts?

Solid guardsmen, i usually prefer though to go with a lighter color for the cloth

What brown do you use? I use zandri dust

Paint job's definitely solid.

I use vallejos gloss and matt varnishes

You have to be careful though with the matt varnish because too much ruins the model

This model is coated in matt varnish

Vallejo or Liquitex, thinned with airbrush thinner. You COULD decant the spray varnishes into a cup and use that, but that's just pointless.

The only issue I have with Vallejo matte varnish is that it's very thick and while it leaves a nice hyper matte finish, it dries smooth due to the resin shell. I like my matte varnish to have a rough matte texture to so you know it's a true matte just from picking up the model. Army Painter's brush on matte varnish is thinner and has this feeling, but it's not as protective as Vallejo matte and it's not as rough or consistent a finish as Army Painter or Testor spray.

Thanks guys, the cloth is Mournfang brown sprayed right onto the plastic, washed with argrax earthshade and I lightly highlighted the raised cloth with Gorthor Brown. I wanted to go for the muddy earth/forest look so I figured a darker fatigue colour would be more suitable. Sick of doing sand bases.

This rough effect is what i try and avoid which is why i use vallejo

I agree its very think like their otger varnishes, but on the plus it gives you greater control on the thickness of the mix

If I do not have an airbrush would I be better off with getting one of the spray varnishes mentioned in this thread or brushing one on?

I already brush on my primer so I have no problem with doing it that way if I will get better results.

That makes sense

I am not a fan of sand bases myself, they usually seem blan and lazy to me

Most can varnishes are not ment for models, some people use them but you have to be extrememly carefull or else it will goop

If you gonna brush it on them use vallejo matt varnish, i use that to seal my decals and i use a brush for that. Its very smooth and thins very easy with water

Why is he glowing with a holy radiance?

Only thing I would add is a brighter highlight to the face. Right now it looks like a dark flesh base with a wash and that's it.

I think you'll be fine with a brush on varnish, just thin it down. If you buy a spray can just make sure you don't spray in high humidity or it will frost, and don't spray on thick layers or it will frost.

The key to any kind of varnish is moderation and low humidity. So that means thin your brush ons, and only light bursts of spray in low humidity weather.

Pic related is my sand base for my Doom Eagles. It's a neutral colour so fits the silver well enough. Just got sick of it after a while and fancied a pallet change.

That's a nice clean overlord there user. Well done

Good to know. I'm using Vallejo primer and mediums already so I will just add that to the shopping list.

Would it be worth doing my metals with gloss varnish then since I am already brushing it on or will they still look good with the matte?

I have to use sand bases because my army is grey and black. It's either sand or snow. Anything else like mud or urban will blend into the model and make it a blob and I don't want green grass.

Were are all these helpfull anons when i have questions!

Still cant paint yellow for the life of me

Orange to match grooves.
Your work so far is excellent user, you will be fine

What i am refering to btw is when people throw down two tan colors and call it a day

>doom eagles
Fuck mate i dont see enough people playing that chapter

Because the light of the Emperor shines on the righteous.

I did try, but it ended horribly. I plan to leave them for now and re-visit the flesh when I can paint skin tones better.

Orange

Do a gradiant

What exactly is Lahmian Medium? Are there any other products like it?

>Fuck mate i dont see enough people playing that chapter
He's not actually playing them. A few threads ago he randomly rolled which chapter to paint a spare marine.

It is acrylic medium. Any acrylic medium that isn't "acrylic matte medium" or "acrylic gloss medium" will do the job. I use Vallejo Thinner Medium instead. Liquitex has some too.

That wasn't me.

I have a full Demi-Comapny and Armored Task Force of Doom Eagles. Had them for months.

Post pics. Veeky Forums needs more rare chapters pics and not a million space yiffs/GKs.

Doom Eagles dump incoming. give me a bit.

Captain Salock Varren, leading the Doom Eagles 3rd Company. Posing gloriously after a battle against the insidious Tau.

Fuck me m8 im so slow when painting, ive been painting this assault squad for over a week now

My apologies then. What a coincidence!

Taking a dive into mediocrety for a second, would you guys take a look at this model I'm assembling? Taping up before the final gluing. Is this a decent pose?