Connected to SeattleNet...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files:
>Bus_Ticket_Subscription_Seattle_FEB_2077.ARO
>Yerzed_Out_And_Full_Speed_Ripped.sim
>APCs__Where_To_Get_Them.knwsft
>Introduction_to_Special_Relativity_36th_Edition.zdf

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 39245 (1% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message, titled 'Yo chummer, I'm stuck here and my ride is gone. Care to pick me up?'
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running The_Need_For_Speed.BTL...

>Drive straight
>Conserve gas
>And never, ever cut off a dragon at an intersection

Transportation Edition
How does your runner get from A to B?

Other urls found in this thread:

arescorporation.com/
shadowrun.com/forums/discussion/comment/181431/#Comment_181431
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I'm in two SR games right now. First character is a world famous Ares sponsored race car driver who runs around in a fairly pimped out Hyundai sports sedan in his personal time. Second character is a go-ganger riding around on a fully modded BMW military bike. Neither has extra armor or weapons just a ton of speed and ways of concealing themselves both visually and digitally.

My razorboy has a pedal powered bike. He kinda just rides that around when he isn't getting a ride from the group's driver.

One of them Akira bikes, but in matte green.

Is the Aryan Brotherhood still in Shadowrun?

I know that's sort of what Humanis is supposed to be. Does Humanis have a named organization in prison? Wondering for a character I'm making.

Can't remember any prison offshoots of humanis
Just make one up

Which book for 5e has the lifestyle rules?

Advanced Lifestyle?
Should be Run Faster

Either a pedal bike or a Mirage.

Tricycle.

My group tends to use public transport, or steal cars/motorcycles and dump them after the run. I think my guy still has one of those foldable bicycles somewhere.

Nothing amuses me more than the endless combinations of metatype, race, gender and nationality you can make gangs of. Male Jamaican Dwarf gangs, latino orc chica gang, etc. I can only imagine that makes prison gangs infinitely more ridiculous.

>Used to catch a ride in the rigger's ride
>Threw up in the back after taking a few lungfuls of irritant gas
>Spent several sessions following the gang on a Dodge Scoot because the rigger was still upset
>Now I'm riding bitchseat on the sammy's chopper because they got into a rivalry with the rigger
>Our faces when

What are some useful attachments for guns that people might over look? Most of the time all I put on them are smartlink, some sort of RC boosts and gas vent/silencer

is mr johnson one guy or what?

It's just a nickname used by employers to keep themselves anonymous

Is Mage one guy?
Is Decker one guy?
Is OP one guy?

No, they are groups of people that share a certain trait
Mr. Johnsons are middlemen between groups and runners
Mages are people that cast spells
Deckers are people that use decks and hack stuff
and OP are people that regularly suck cock

From Hard Targets, a Personalized Grip gives you +1 Accuracy and doesn't even use up a slot.

I like the customized look and a ballistic mask that matches. Toss in some handloaded ammo. Powered breakdown is good if you're storing it in a briefcase or violin case. There's a couple options for flashlights worth grabbing and if you ever get a silencer be sure to grab subsonic ammo too.

arescorporation.com/

Wait what

I've got some questions about the different editons. Which one do you guys play the most. I've only ever played 5th and my group and I like it, but is it just me or are the rules for hacking and technomancers just atrocious? Like the whole way that stuff works is a mystery to me and the core book seems really unorganized.

>Which one do you guys play the most.
GMing a modified 4e game (with Ends of the Matrix)

>is it just me or are the rules for hacking and technomancers just atrocious?
No SR Edition ever had good hacking rules
Check PDF related and of course
>technomancers
shadowrun.com/forums/discussion/comment/181431/#Comment_181431
Every day, until you like it

>the core book seems really unorganized.
That's what you get when the editor writes novels instead of checking if everything is ordered and the money for new editors is used for bathroom renovation

So I've never DMd before, but I was thinking about starting. I like the shadowrun universe, but I've never found a group for it. How shit-brained is my idea to try DMing a shadow-run campaign with my friends as my first DM experience?

Good luck
You'll need it
Dearly

Just try running the Toolkit Starter runs with some prefab characters. It's a start.

Good luck.

What are some unusual/fun ways of introducing a drug to an unknowing recipient that you guys have tried out?

We're being hired to assassinate a famous boxer, and our employer is willing to pay a bonus if we make it look like a legit death in the ring (at least for a short time). Our current plan (in the early stages of development) is to take some of our Sammy's Kamikaze and dose our target's opponent, have him do the dirty work for us in a drug-induced rage. Our main hitch is that both fighters are tested for drugs only a few minutes before the match begins, so our window of opportunity is small (there's also the issue of wether or not the other fighter deserves to have his life ruined for beating his opponent to death in the ring, but that's for another day).

Any boxing-fans in /srg/ know of any useful/fun opportunities to inconspicuously dope up a boxer without anyone being the wiser?

Remote detonated Capsule round in their stomach?
Basically a small capsule filled with the drug (and possibly other stuff to facilitate intake) that is normally closed. Once a signal is sent the capsule opens and releases the compound into the persons stomach
Because at the beginning the drug is still in the capsule it can't be detected in the blood stream

Though you'd have to ask your GM if he allows this, since I don't know if this exists already or is supported/forbidden by any rules
I personally would allow it

I wouldn't think of it as too hard to cobble together some kind of remote-triggered capsule round. The problem, mind you, would be getting him to eat the bloody thing without noticing something up.

Infiltrate his home and give it to him while he sleeps?
I doubt that the capsule would pass the stomach within one day
Since they would most likely only check his blood and urine it won't be detected

Could be worth a shot. I guess I was so wrapped up in the pre-match drugtest that I didn't fully consider all the options of introducing the drug before the match. I'll see if we can get his home-address and a blueprint of his house. Might have to google up what boxers do the night before a match to see who else is going to be there.

Probably absorbed into Humanis, or at least cozies up next to them in prison where gang-relations have the most weight.

>arescorporation.com/
I can't even tell if this is a joke. And I hope it isn't.

>check legal info page
>check California Secretary of State
>check email web domain
>check physical address

Oh my god.

This IS real. Ares Technical Services Corporation. It's really fucking real.

>How does your runner get from A to B?

In my Northrup Wasp...

What's the best way to get into Shadowrun short of playing with some randoms on roll20? New prospective player and no one plays here.

Unless you are willing to GM a game with strangers from your LGS, chances are you are going to have to go online to find a game, especially if nobody plays locally.

An old rusty pickup truck affectionately named "Booty Haul"

Quick question again

What's up with spirits and paracritter's normal weapon immunity?
Is it total immunity or more like some variant of hardened armor?
4e and 5e

>Immunity to Normal Weapons: This applies to all attacks that are not magical in nature; weapon foci, spells, and adept or critter powers function normally. If the critter also has the Allergy weakness, then the Immunity does not apply against non-magical attacks made using the allergen..
>Effectively, the critter has a Hardened Armor rating equal to twice its Essence against that particular kind of damage (see Hardened Armor, p. 397). This means that if the modified Damage Value of the attack does not exceed the Immunity’s rating, then the attack automatically does no damage. If the modified DV exceeds the Immunity rating, perform a Damage Resistance test as normal, adding the Immunity rating to the dice pool for this test. Additionally, half (rounded up) of the Immunity rating counts as automatic hits on this test.

Thanks man

That post doesn't really answer the question. One quote suggest it is total immunity while the other says it's basically hardened armor.

Assuming first one is 4e and the second is 5e does that mean even the weakest spirits was invincible as long as no mage was around to stop it in previous editions?

No problemo.
What style of boxing is it? Bare-knuckle or padded? You could get a custom-made Contact-vector version of the drug, put it in his gloves, or on the other guy's gloves or something.
Wut? No, both lines pasted from 5e, I don't pay attention to dead content. I just moved the text around for the sake of ordering. 4e's version is slightly different, in that the armour is double the critter's MAG rather than Essence and doesn't provide free hits, but armour values are generally lower in that edition.

4e's isn't actually total immunity. IIRC most spirits still got fucked up by APDS and Stick-n-shock

that's pretty cool do you have any other helpful cheat cheats like that?

Would it be possible for a rigger to also become a sort of pseudo-Street Samurai through rigging a cyberzombie? Like maybe not as something the rigger would start with at character creation, but maybe through multiple campaigns? Just a curiosity I am wondering about keeping in mind the MKVI mission in Dragonfall and a my Pathfinder wizard possessing the body of one of those dark dwarf things so I could add it's stupidly high physical attributes to my own stupidly high mental ones.

Yes. They're mentioned in one of the earlier 'lore only' books like Shadowbeat as a prison gang. I forget which.

There is also a pack of all-white bikers in LA, I think it was, who have connections.

>Not posting the .gif

Yekka, you sadden the catposter.

Step 1: Hail a bus or cab.
Step 2: Hope noone checks the suspiciously panther-cannon shaped bag of the man who is 7 feet tall, never blinks, is grotesquely over-muscled, has obvious cyberware and is chugging down immuno-suppressants.

I don't have a runner, unfortunately.
But my players? All of them started with resources E, except one. He had D. So nobody had a ride til they "negotiated" an early payment from their defenseless qt Johnson and used that to buy a car. They still haven't decided who will keep it after the run, since the only player with ranks in Pilot doesn't wanna keep the "piece of shit car" since it's too low class for his level of lifestyle.

That fucking mission, every time. Stirrup interfaces for 'rigging' bio-drones exist, but it's not a 1:1 translation for various reasons. While it's possible that someone could have developed the technology, it's definitely not something that's mass-market available. Best you could get is like a metahuman-customised orientation goad.
I keep forgetting that I can't ctrl-v gifs into the posting frame, it defaults everything to .png.. :(
>Resources D
>Too low level
Wut?

No no no. The character complaining is one of the guys with E resources. It has a Middle lifestyle, and Creature of Comfort (High), since before getting his identity stolen used to be from a rich family and a popular surgeon. Now just spends the session complaining about the crew forcing him to pose as the janitor while making the legwork/run since he is the only one with an actually good Fake SIN.

My motorbike with aquatic capabilities that I have affectionately dubbed "The Boatercycle"

armored van that is used for day job as a corpse legger.

>"The Boatercycle"
first off. cool
second. you made me smile

>There needs to be rules for older vehicles
Like, actual IRL vehicles would be cool as shit to try and run in shadowrun
>1975 ford pinto that has survived a century
>now heavily racing equipped and being used to show today's street racers that grandpa is going to whip some ass right off the line

>"do you even NOS?"
>"LOL hybrid fags get fukt"
>"I drive a electric cuz i'm gay"
>"i'm a rigger because i'm a wussy"

What book are the rules for subsonic ammo in?

Hard Targets

Now I can't help but imagine a subculture of greaser-equivalents, 20 somethings dressing like 1990's stereotypes of 85 year old men. Shirts buttoned all the way up, tucked into pants with suspenders that are over the belly button, reeking of mothballs, thick horn rimmed glasses, calling themselves Noah and Davis, with Maureen or Ethyl in the passengers side in winged glasses, grey hair so heavily permed it counts as a chemical warfare device, driving 50s oldsmobiles, talking in shitty slang about Jerry and Charlie.

Scratch that, there's probably something like that in one of the Japan writeups.

Anyone know a good place to download skyscraper blueprints for use with SR?

I imagine a guy driving his great grandfather's muscle car and still building onto it.

A legacy car tearing up the streets of shadowrun with an engine that produces well over 700 horse power.

>"this car has been in my family for generations. It has claimed a hundred trophies over many years. When I'm gone it will claim a hundred more and my children will make the same boast. Can you say the same with your jackrabbit? Didn't think so."

>"This car holds 17 national championship trophies. The last one was from 2053. I say its time for 2075 to make its place on the wall."

I was gonna do something similar with a 1911 being passed down from war to war to finally the "war" against corp oppression, but then I remembered that the Gulf War didn't happen and there's no wars fought by the states for the next couple decades so the line has no where to carry on through.

you know the united states has bases in over 70 nations right? The US has more special operations shit going on than any other nation combined, and between wars there are a shit ton of war games, practice, training, drills, you name it. Plus a military family would probably have each member as a career service member.

You totally could do that. Hell, you're also forgetting about police officers and home defense use of the 1911.

>"I carried this gun for 15 years. Now its your turn. Keep it safe, as your grandpa watches over who ever holds it."

By the 2070s that could be three or four times great grandfather.

>three or four times great grandfather
imagine how bad ass that would be though. You use that 1911 and the spirit of your grandfather who served in world war one shows up and assists you in war.

or when you're about to be killed and all of them show up as ghosts of themselves in the prime and pride of their lives wearing their dress uniforms and full medals.

also totally possible to do that with the colt new agent, as its the "special agent" in shadowrun.

That was exactly the idea I was going for. For full Americana, ideally they would all be marines.

>marines
you mean army

If you don't think the Marines are the most American thing there is, then you clearly aren't an American.

So is there any information about Prague around? The only notable stuff I can find is referencing how it is pretty much the home of hermetic magic.

there is a lack of american noble families. I'm thinking of building an underground house when i'm in my forties and keep working on it until i'm dead. then my children can have a kick ass house that will last 800 years. That way they have a castle keep for when feudalism claims the united states because capitalism failed.

>my last name is 800 years old and i'm pure irish.
>time to make a new family seat
>and exploit the neighbors.

>clearly aren't american
>marines
As an american I disagree with you.

Marines are simply full of more fuck fuck games than the Army, also less room for advancement and maneuverability.

There are way more batshit crazy people in the Army than there are in the marines.
>rangers
>delta force
>air borne
>armored cav
>infantry
>tiffany that fucks 50 dudes in a month

you could maybe plant someone among his coaches or whoever those guys are who fix the fighters up between rounds to administer it in some way. Maybe lace his water with it.

I dunno about tying the 1911 to a family. Obviously it's been passed down through one, but at the same time I feel like it would be cooler as something like Excalibur. The lineage isn't who wields it, everyone who wields it becomes part of that lineage.

I like lineage legacy items. Like a revolver from 1885 with the family name engraved on it and it's become a badge of office. You grow up waiting to inherit the revolver that is your birth right.

birth rights are pretty cool when you're the oldest and next in line in a massive family. I'm next in line for the family gun collection. So far its at 300 rifles and 200 handguns. Everyone of those firearms are precious to me as they were held by my family. Earliest one is from 19th century. We had a few going back to 16th century Ireland, but they simply were lost among the descendants.

>now i'm worried about having to find a woman willing to raise 6 kids that bring desirable genetic traits and is also irish.

>There are way more batshit crazy people in the Army than there are in the marines.

Agreed. Most people I know are suicidal or straight sociopaths. Marines are usually more jovial in my limited experience.

the marines just have higher standards and less people to do the same amount of jobs. that slogan "the few the proud the marines" that's because a marine could be a mechanic, a desk clerk, a grounds keeper, and 20 other jobs in a 10 year career.

Right, that's a bit nicer. Some of the design decisions in this application, I swear

One of my old runners had a fully restored El Camino. Had to beef up the suspension so that the Troll PA could ride in the bed.

the el camino's real issue was the frame itself. GM uses subframes that like to bend/warp. the suspension is perfectly fine for a trolls weight.

My face rides in a Westwind and tosses the Rigger the keys for funsies.

(Face only has 5 ground vehicles dice.)

I've got a question about Trid Phantasm.

A mage creates an illusion of a stone wall between her and a couple of cops. Cop 1 fails to resist but Cop 2 passes. What does Cop 2 see? If it was regular Phantasm I'd say he doesn't see the wall because he shook off the mental effect. Trid Phantasm though actually manipulates light to create an image of a stone wall. Does Cop 2 just know it's not real but can't see through it since it's a physical image?

I would say that the first cop gets a reroll when the second points it out, but in all honesty, as a gm, I batchroll my guard groups. If one fails, they all fail their perceptions; individually they may pass, and this is represented via base roll +1 per squaddie, so a squad of 4 has 10 dice, while a squad of 2 has 8.

One notices, points it out, they go from there.

In combat, all bets are off.

Raise your hand up to your eyes
move it to the side so it's only visible by one eye
see how you hand seems transparent?
That's what I think you see. You see the wall, but also what's behind it, and your brain combines it into a picture of a transparent wall

That's actually a really neat way of representing it.

>why the fuck can't shadowrun decide what its trolls look like?

Page 100 in the core rule book has a troll that looks like a folk tale from norway in 1024 AD holding a kama sutra book for trolls.

Then there is Eiger from the game, and she is arguably hot by some.

Same for the Orks too. Some just look like malformed retards with teeth while others look like husky hot women with muscles and tiny tusks.

Because Coleman had to make the decision to either
>pay people to make consistent and high quality troll art
or
>pay people to renovate his bathroom

guess which one he took

no, that art is really fucking bad. Also doesn't make sense because the way the fucking drew that shit up. Just the worst dumb shit that you have to purposely go out of your way to make it look goofy.

also fuck his bathroom. I couldn't care less if he has to take a shit in a room that is wallpapered with covers from high times magazine

>I couldn't care less if he has to take a shit in a room that is wallpapered with covers from high times magazine
See, Coleman put the SR money into what he cared about: His house
Which is why the quality of all that art is shit
Because nobody was really paid to produce anything better

>Then there is Eiger from the game
... Which has almost nothing to do with CGL and the RPG, besides sharing a name and setting.

yeah, and that is pigheaded and stupid on his part.

I know it is, but eiger is an example. If you look at the cover of hard targets, that troll cunt is pretty fine looking

Would a mage have line of sight to the other side? My interpretation is that the image of the wall persists until the spell is dropped. The cop who resisted knows it's fake, but him knowing that does not change the appearance of the spell.

Sure, but unless you take over CGL, fire him and change the company policy nothing will happen

Mages are not affected by their own Illusion spells. E.g. if you cast Improved invisibility on someone you can still see them.

Say Cop 2 is a mage then.

So, I've managed to convince my players to try out the shadowrun setting last week. Had them scare the managed of a fast food place as a favor for a guy with contacts. Somehow they ended up burning the entire place to the ground, but everyone had fun.

Now I want them to get an actual run next week. What kind of run is good to give them a feel for the setting and what they can expect later on? Of all of us I'm the one who knows most about SR and cyberpunk in general, and I want to get it through to them that this isn't DnD with guns in a way that they'll still have fun.

you're right. and maybe I SHOULD take the company over, fire him and make changes

like the books having functional table of fucking contents. Art not being stupid. The guns following normal fucking rules. Vehicles having stats that don't change every edition and actually make sense by comparison to real life ones.

>wishful thinking
add some other things you'd like to see for when I take over CGL

Then yeah, the light of the other side is still reaching his eyes so he can cast on that.

Reminder that Humanis is not a gang. Humanis is a public policlub, an official lobbyist group.

They have alleged links to groups like Alamos 20,000 and Human Nation, which are gangs/terrorist groups, but being a Humanis member is no different from being part of any fringe political group, like Canadian republicans or libertarians.

Sure, but that doesn't mean that they don't have sub-groups in prisons (what I referred to as "prison offshoots")
And I at least can't remember reading about them having contact to prison gangs/groups that work with Humanis

DMSO and Kami soaked into one of the towels they use to wipe the guy down.

They check his water bottle for drugs, but who would check the rags?

you'd have to be careful not to touch the towel yourself
And I guess you meant Blood of Kali? Haven't heard of a drug called Kami yet

I miss reading Shadowland corporate and threats gossip/banter so much. Are there any other franchises that use this narrative format?