/WFG/ Warhammer Fantasy General

Kindly no End Times or Age of Sigmar.

> The original and best edition.

> 1d4chan
1d4chan.org/wiki/Category:Warhammer_Fantasy

> Newbie Introduction to Warhammer Fantasy (Download, start reading at page 174 for the story and all the races)
mediafire.com/download/i330182xo9b1hsi/Rulebook (Hardback).pdf

> Third Party Miniature Manufacturers
pastebin.com/CvGaNyrk

> List of Warhammer recommended proxies
the-ninth-age.com/lexicon/index.php?lexicon/462-the-9th-age-miniature-library/

>Tomb Kings Range reborn!
tabletop-miniatures-solutions.com
indiegogo.com/projects/tms-undying-dynasties-army-release#/

> Bretonnia range reborn!
indiegogo.com/projects/tms-kingdom-of-equitaine-army-release

> Fimir range reborn!
krakongames.com/product-category/miniatures/fomorian/

> Warhammer Wikis
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki
warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Online_Wiki

> Resources (Armybooks, Supplements, Lore, Crunch and Warhammer Fantasy Role-play)
pastebin.com/8rnyAa1S
pastebin.com/0e6RuQux

> Endhammer
1d4chan.org/wiki/Endhammer

> 9th Age
the-ninth-age.com

> Warhammer Online: Return of Reckoning (Alpha)
returnofreckoning.com/

> Total War: Warhammer
store.steampowered.com/app/364360/

> End Times: Vermintide
store.steampowered.com/app/235540/

> Mordheim: City of the Damned
store.steampowered.com/app/276810/

> Bloodbowl 2
store.steampowered.com/app/236690/

> Man O' War
store.steampowered.com/app/344240/

Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

comingsoon.totalwar.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=zHalXjs0cDA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

> I don't know who's Slanning who!

Silly kneecaps.

It's the rule of cool.

If you kneed somebody in the groin with the right one he'd know about it.

Walking? Like a peasant?

Oh, those guys aren't actually Bretonnian. They're a very very old Regiment of Reknown, made back in 1984. Though I suppose if they were brought into the newer fluff, they'd probably be Bretonnian.

>The island outpost of Fyrus seemed a good place for the monks of the holy order of Saint Origo to build a monastery. True - Fyrus did lie but a dozen miles from the coasts of Araby, it was the birth place of the revered Mullah Aklan'd and its harbours did control the main east-west trade route; but the Brothers of the Holy Order of Saint Origo decided Fyrus would make an ideal place to rest and meditate. They started by kicking out all of the natives and building a huge fortress. This they decided to call the 'Holy Monastery of the Divine Origo.'
>When the good brothers found their prayer disturbed by Arabian pirates and the continued complaints of the disinherited they reacted in the only way they knew how. They built fleets, wiped the waterways clean of eastern ships, and fired every Arabian port within a hundred miles. For the purposes of the crusade the Grand Master of the Order designed the special uniform and banner which is illustrated here.
>The Knights returned to a life of peace and contemplation, disturbed only by annual excursions burning, looting and destroying all along the coasts of heathendom. After a few years they were shaken from their solitude by vast armies of Easterners, who lay seige to, and eventually destroyed, the monastery. Many of the Knights were slain in this unprevoked attack but a large company escaped. Unde their new Grand Master, Sir John Tyrweld, and aided by the Order's Champion Donna Don Domingio, the Order reformed in the West.
>From then on the company crusaded extensively against the enemies of all right thinking folk and gained a considerable reputation from their enemies. Amongst the Goblins they became renowned as 'The Frothers', whilst the Easterners dubbed Sir John 'The Foaming One'.

comingsoon.totalwar.com/

Lustria Nowstria

Lizardmen before Skaven? Wtf

CA confirmed for good taste

I need stories, stories on dragons
>where did ancalagon come from?
>how did he die?
>is he really the island of ulthuan?
>what do the dwarfs refer to when talking about the father of dragon they have supposedly killed?

>Warhammer rulebook 3rd edition: pygmies are human
>White Dwarf 100: pygmies are alien
I'm confuse, are humans genetically modified pygmies or what?

Blessed be Blep, spawn of Kek and tongue of truth

>What is Clan pestilens?

When will they learn?

Nice.

NI!

Quick question. I heard that in previous editions, armor would affect the stats of the wearer. Could any oldfags explain how that worked to me?

Doesn't foundry miniatures still sell those? Or models that are very similar from the 80's Citadel range.

Here's an old map I made for WHFB.

I edited over a WHFB Risk map. It's super detailed by was made in MS paint

I can easily see the main "good" faction in this being Lizardmen, and the main "bad" being Skaven who started invading

Cool.

Surely it'll be High Elves no?

I feel like Skaven are gonna get worked in with some wider Under-Empire update or DLC. They'll have to create a map underneath the current game map to get them to work - there's not enough for them to work with on the surface. They'll probably also include Orcs and Goblins, as well as Dwarves, to flush this underground world out - as long as occasional members of other factions that might wander down.

Has anyone tried Runewars here?

Seems like the sickly child of the games that are trying to pick up the Fantasy market. I never really hear much about it which is weird considering FFG are backing it.

Just to clarify I'm obviously talking about the miniatures game, there's apparently a board game (wasn't it a D&D competitor also way back?).

Why the fuck did the stupid rats and lizards get the Total War treatment first?! Why isn't it the true Dawi?!

random numbers confirm that lizards are indeed the best taste

Your hat must be at least this small to ride this game.

I wonder how that Aussie Dwarf player is doing.

Did he get his Dwarfs?
Did his friends get their Warhammer armies out?

We may never know...

Are the ogre kingdoms really that far away?

I think most of the ones in the Old World are mercenaries who have migrated.

But yeah they're Eastern, hence their Mongolian appearance.

could be dark elves or chaos, too

Alas, Harry only fights skellingtons who cannot feel it, and don't even have those parts anymore.

I miss old names.

Old Ones be praised! Summon the priests, we have a numberspawning of unprecedented glory.

Rumors had it this will be an expansion, not a DLC right? So is to be expected there will be more than one new race

w-what?

yeah, they're done with DLC

thread theme.
youtube.com/watch?v=zHalXjs0cDA

They sell them under 'war of the barons' or something like that.

They might do some small DLC things, but not for a while. At best they might slap some stuff onto Bretonnia, like Repanse de Lyonnesse or Bohemond Beastslayer, maybe if for some reason they love me personally Tristram le Troubadour.

I want Lahmians, Blood Dragons, Strigoi, and Necrarchs DLC.

I would pay full expansion price for that.

What's the best WFRP for fluff?

Can't you already have Strigoi lords?

So I love the fluff but when I saw a few games recently at the lgs it just looked liked guys were lining up armies across the board and going straight at each other. Is there much strategy in this game, or does it all take place in list building?

Yeah, but they're Von Carsteins for some reason.

That was probably Age of Sigmar you were seeing. Different game, a successor we don't like very much.

Think of it like the Mass Effect 3 of Warhammer Fantasy. Except the entire game is as bad as the ending, and gameplay is like being stuck in the Mako.

I'm reading though the Dark Elf fluff, and is Malekith actually retarded? All he seems to do is fuck up

8th edition has 0 strategy. Walk straight and moshpit.
7th is a bit better but the game is won or lost at listbuilding anyway
6th is all about manoeuvring

AoS is even worse than 8th edition in that regard

No, they said it was the ninth age continuation thing of warhammer. Does any version of the game have units racing across the board for position or is it slower than that?

I'm kinda confused, are shapechangers and weres the same thing or not?

Basically yes.

The early lore has him as an insane Roman Emperor, a product of Aenarion's Curse combined with growing up in the same kind of torture orgy court that created Slaanesh in 40k, and Morathi who was a Slaanesh worshiper that was molesting him.

In the later apologetic lore, Asuryan was a massive prick who just wanted an asshole as the eternal king of all Elves but Tzeentch manipulated him into first not forcing his way to become king while he was eligable and having the evils of democracy exist instead, and then after getting a vision of theEnd Times forcing his way into being king when he was unfit and Asuryan being too much of a dick to fix things. Then him trying to take his rightful throne while caring for his senile hedonistic mother all while Tzeentch laughed from the Warp.

The later lore sucks.

Most versions.

The only reason armies would just line up and shoot is if the opponents are some combination of Dwarfs, Empire, Tomb Kings, or Wood Elves and the participants intentionally wanted to gunline.

Hey guys, look what I found.

It's the only picture of a Warhammer manfish!

Also Mousilion, so...I don't know.

You could probably give them a spot in the Badlands, I suppose. But I'm not sure what you'd do with other bloodlines.

Would it be unfair to call Malekith Caracalla, perhaps Commodus or Caligula?

Strigoi get Mourkain, which would be east of Karaz-a-Karak I think. You'd add them with Ogres. Neferata has the Silver Pinnacle, a Dwarf Hold she took over somewhere, you could probably stick her in the game already.

The hard ones are Necrarchs and Blood Dragons. BDs are nomadic, aside from the singular keep they have, and Necrarchs are fucking everywhere and only unite for Nagash.

Orcs, skaven and empire can also pull off impressive gunlines

Yes. Malekith has atleast some semblence of competent governance. To my knowledge Malekith isn't running around larping as a diety or scorn anything that isn't a part of the military.

What cracks me up is that the Darklands are a huge pile of FUCKING NOTHING, as big as the old world.

You could just give Blood Dragons that keep, it would be good enough.

Worst case scenario they could be wandering armies like Beastmen. I feel like that's an interesting mechanic, and could be a fun way to handle mercenaries from Tilea or something.

I don't think OnG or Skaven can go almost entirely gunline though. Skaven do have a damn fine one though, and I actually really live the idea of them shooting it out with Dwarfs and Night Gobbos.

Yeah, Beastmen mechanics for BD works.

Unlike the others though world domination isn't their goal. I almost feel like their win objectives is just wiping out Chaos and greenskins as well as Abhorash and Harkon's questline.

I suppose when Tomb Kings are added you just make Necrachs part of Nagash's faction.

O&G gunline is one of their most competitive lists.

They can field an huge horde of goblins with poisonous attacks, 6 bolt throwers, 4 goblin lobba and 4 stone lobba.

And they keep their fun toys in melee too!

Nice.

So here's a question. Do greenskins understand sex and reproduction?

Based on books and army books they not only seem to actually grasp familial bonds, mates, and offspring, but actually breed boars, wolves, wyverns, and spiders. Compared to 40k where Orks don't understand it at all and only breed Squigs, this seems strange.

Goblins also refer to each other as brothers and Skarsnik seems to both love and mourn the death of Gobbla.

None of those fit the idea of fungus apes. Greenskins understand positive emotion more than Skaven and Beastmen even. If anything, their only fault seems to be having no loyalty whatsoever other than fear.

They also seem to have a twisted sense of humor, especially towards captured humans, and are totally fine with cannibalism.

>Compared to 40k where Orks don't understand it at all and only breed Squigs

But they don't. Feral Orks and Snakebites breed all sorts of animals including boars.

Silver Pinnacle is near Peak Pass, so right by Karak Kadrin. You could probably fudge that in somewhere when the map expands to cover the Dark Lands.

Melkhior's Tower is in southern Ostermark.

The game is a new game, so you can expect 4 faction like the previous one

It's probably HE, DE, lizards and skaven, with a pre-order DLC like clan Pestilens or something

People who own the first game will probably get a old worlder skaven faction like Mors or Moulder with 1 LL

It isn't a new game.

There's a midpoint between new game and DLC that kids today only know of from Warcraft and Starcraft called "expansions".

So basically like AoE2 and the Conquerer's Expansion?

I think the reason is a desire to do a big expansion that opens up the map. The timing is right as the game has been out a long time how. You really can't do Lustria with out lizardmen. That said, Skaven can't be far behind.

They'll probably set up Skaven as one of the big enemies of Lizardmen, since that's how things are in the lore. It would be boring if Lustria was nothing but lizardmen tribes from coast to coast.

>It would be boring if Lustria was nothing but lizardmen tribes
norscan tribes and empire explorers are basically shoe-ins

There's the Vampire Coast too.
Dark Elves have a fair amount of contact with Chaos, so they're fine. No idea how they're going to challenge High Elves though.
Maybe the occasional Orc flotilla a la Grom the Paunch.

Anyone?

High Elves have some fortress in the south of Naggaroth - could be a way to give them more contact with Chaos, or they could redirect a Skaeling fleet there, since they're already travelling across the Sea of Claws to attack Bretonnia.

So far one of the flaws of Total Warhammer is that it can't quite encompass the feel the setting has of 'everyone is fighting everyone all the time.'

Best in what way?
2nd edition probably has the most material available for it, if that's what you want.

Well the setting is pretty different in each, right? Which one, in your opinion, is richer and more interesting?

1st edition is much more low-key. A large part of the setting was undeveloped at that point, which could be a pro or a con depending on your perspective. A lot of familiar Warhammer tropes haven't been cemented. There are gnomes and chaos goblins. The writers had a better grasp of history.

2nd edition is much more familiar to a modern fan of Warhammer. It's a bit more grimdark. The Storm of Chaos is assumed to have happened, which changes the feel of the northern provinces significantly. There's a lot more material to draw on.

3rd edition is similar to 2nd except the Storm of Chaos has been retconned.

Personally I favour a blend, taking the best bits from each. Lower-key, like first edition but set in 2522-3 and without the Storm of Chaos.

Thanks a lot. Got a lot of reading ahead of me.

>'ee claimed 'ee wuz just sleepin'... but that lot is all liars

What do you mean by low-key? Like it was more focused on little things, rather than big things?

Yep.

Dwarfs had a settlement lead by a mad engineer who invented internal combustion and became immune to all poison because he's been shot so much by Skink darts.

Just started Warhammer Fantasy and I got a question about kits. Is the Saurus Guard kit the exact same kit as the old Temple Guard kit? Am I getting the exact same sculpts?

Yes, though it's got 15 models instead of 10

I think the guard/warrior boxes were actually price cuts as well. Shame about the round bases, though.

Thanks for the info. I have a particular ascetic in mind so I wanted to make sure. And yeah, it sucks about the bases, but I've got plenty of square ones from other things.

Yes. The threat of chaos is more focused on cults and mutants in the woods than invading armies from the north. Karl Franz does not ride a griffon. Magic is the realm of individual wizards and their apprentices rather than colleges and patriarchs. That kind of thing.

What, a Franciscan? Or like a Fakir?

>What, a Franciscan? Or like a Fakir?
My money's on Yogi.

I don't think the Wood Elves woud like that very much, Yogi.

bump

New Deathroller is actually kinda nice. Especially given how shit the rest of the Dwarf team looked.

So what was the "hidden civilisation" in the underworld sea meant to be? A nod to fishmen?

go to bed marius.

non-TB player here, can I just ask what is Lizardmen weakness on the TB?

They have extremely powerful magic, and from what iv seen some of the toughest units around, so where are they lacking? How do they often lose?

it's a stand alone expansion.
Literally what relic has been doing since dawn of war 1.