Warhammer 40k general

Grognards eternally BTFO edition

>Space marines are Ork Tier!
>We only have 4 viable ways to run our army!
>Please ignore that these 4 ways can basically cover every sort of unit in the codex
-an autist
>previous thread
Time for 8th edition and space marine fags are furious about it

youtu.be/TPMmyXjTUQU [Open] → → → → #

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android.
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!z4wmmJyR!jTfwLczhdFjV0q6nowtGag!qgZhmAhK

>40k rules reference in wiki format.
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Latest GW teases
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW FAQs.
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>List organizer picture book
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Offline list builder
battlescribe.net/

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9z2EYPFzYck
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

First for the Silent King!

What's going to happen to Psykers in 8th edition?

Ready for a new, fit and newbie-friendly wh41k?

>ywn shut down a necron tomb world by accident and then bang Amberly the Inquisitor.

First for the black city, may it be an eternal hellhole populated by demons and assholes.

How does one even shut down a tomb world? I mean, they worked for 60 million years, and I don't suppose they have an on-off switch...

7th for Death Guard

Do you guys think a good gunline is the key to getting the most use out of Guilliman?

10h for stop making fucking threads at page 6

Worst daemon primarch

Think about it, you're below Lorgar

What should I do with the remaining 50 points here? Should I drop the 4/heavy marines from my tac squad and go for something else?

Also, I haven't used bike squads much so I don't know if mine looks good or not.

Chaplain with the bikes, librarian with the devastators for prescience

Thanks GW for jeopardizing my livelihood as a commission painter with this shit

Guess the inhabitants of the black city have been charged, and/or just tried stopping the first to charge with their poison weapons.

Kind of, but that's only half of it. You want a bulk of Ultramarines to take advantage of his command bonuses, but you'll also want a Geomancy psyker to lift up the ruins they're all parked in so you can advance Rowboat and your army forward at once.

Assuming you haven't bought yet and aren't super desperate for something to paint, I'd say just hold off until we know where things are gonna land.

Any list you build now may wind up entirely different in a couple months.

How many of the grognards super bothered by this were the ones to pay for their models painted anyway, outside a few WAAC fags that didn't wanna look like they just bought the new hotness?

Thats why I said Death Guard not Mortarion

Fair enough, the only models I don't have are the bikes. (I have some from dark vengeance but they aren't painted)

I would really like to get to play soon though, I have been trying to forever.

I'll make something with what I have.

How long until people get an idea on 8e?

I am making a harlequin and dark eldar ynari army with a lot of deep striking. Should I add a autarch (my only craftworld eldar) for reserve manipulation? I am thinking about giving him a jetbike laser lance and banshee mask and having him lead a bunch of khymera.

Welp, looks like I'm taking a trip to the library then.

For a little context I've been wanting to start space marines for a while and thought I might as well get Guilliman. For me starting out, it's nice to have a cheap (plan on selling Voldus and Cypher off [they might have neat models but I wouldn't benefit from having them that much]) way to fill in 350 points worth of list. So in essence I'm just starting off collecting Space Marines and am trying to figure out what to get.

p.s. As said a gun line would probably be better, but independent of that how are Stormtalons? I personally find them rather cool (I know I probably don't speak for a lot of people there).

Yep, definitely. Sick of flipping through 100 pages of rules

What color is on this Grot.

A shit one
>flipping through 100 pages of rules
Autists will defend this

That's green mate. Greenish yellow if you wanna get fancy.

The only people upset are Eldarfags.
>Inititive nerf
>The only place they can go is down

I think we should all agree that Eldarfags should all be tortured to death.

Grotling green

What's wrong with Mortarion? I get that he doesn't get shit done, but still, he's about to.

>flipping through 100 pages of rules
>Autists will defend this
No, autists will learn the rules.

And then they will defend them

"Hello? Commissioner? Yeah, I'm going to need you to de-base that entire project you said was 75% complete and put them on square bases."

Dark eldar is very frail and needs initiative to stay alive. Same thing with demonettes of slannesh.

ONE
SHOT

Hopefully the psychic phase will go the way of AoS, too.

ONE
OPPORTUNITY

>Wasting time on learning a clusterfuck of useless overdeveloped rules
Yeah, something to be proud of

Stormtalons can operate pretty independently. In my experience they tent to be pretty good at supporting your army by taking out some of the harder targets the enemy might have. I've seen one take out my landraider before by immobilizing it in a bad spot.

Aside from that, the key thing to keep in mind with Guilliman is that he's slow. A Librarian using Fulmination or Geomancy has psychic powers that can make up for that. Depending on your meta though, you may not need to go that far.

The thing to keep in mind with any sort of gunline with it is that Guilliman's main benefits are a 12" bubble. That's a lot of space you can cover, and it doesn't all need to be clumped up and stationary. You can have Devastators hang back while Guilliman moves forward with tacticals or other units.

I don't catch your meaning

I just pirate it and use CTRL + F

Noone mentioned pride.

If you don't like the game, dont't play it.

Mortarion's greatest feat is being defeated by Draigo with a single blow.

No idea what he meant but I was quoting youtube.com/watch?v=9z2EYPFzYck

Except Eldar are probably going to end up having 9" movement by default, so they'll be even more impossible to charge.

Plus, all the WAAC Eldar use things like jetbikes, Scythe Wraithguard, Wraithknights, and Warp Spiders that won't ever be charged anyway.

This hurts Tyranids (specifically genestealers), Dark Eldar, and Slaanesh units far more, since those are actual close combat units that rely on high initiative to get anything done.

>Bringing back movement speeds
>Thinking you will ever be able to charge Eldar

>Draigo

These are all models that I have, I don't know how viable it would be though. It doesn't seem to have a lot of cohesion.

Tabletop Simulator-user - if you are lurking, I'm still waiting for any army files. If you have anything to upload, I would be grateful

>Eldar Guardian
>M12
>Battle Focus

the next few weeks will be a gold mine on ebay

Time to change that?

Taking my models (and cheat sheet on stats etc) to the LGS today for my first game.
Anything I should be super aware of, before I start?

Tau and Eldar players.

Draigo is a bad joke

Iirc they placed detonation charges at every portal. Then due to commissar shenanigans the orks chased his unit into a tunnel leading to the hibernating necrons.

I meant Mortarion. Time to make him liked?

and Necron players

What are you running user?

Do the rulebooks ever sell out early on? Like should I preorder it when I can or will it be safe to just go to my local GW to pick it up?
New to 40k if you can't tell.

I'm still here, but I don't think I could upload those files since they're just the Workshop things. Don't know where those would be saved since I can't find anything in my Steam folder nor my Documents folder.

Let me put together a collection of the stuff I have for 40k. It's like 80 mods, with maps and shit.

Skitari and Cult Mehcanicus.

Knight army.

Space Marine free transport boogaloo.

Wulfen spam.

Only limited edition ones sell out immediately.

Can daemons think? An user posted some fluff about how tyranids are the least evil force because what they do is based on instinct and hunger. But arent daemons similar in goal and construction in that they have no free will and are just manifestations of something much greater than themselves?

/40kg/, tell me about YOUR DUDES

Why are they so special to you? Any great moments on the table top with them?

When it's announced just ask your store to order one for you if you want to be absolutely safe.

Normally shouldn't run out too quickly, though. GW knows how many they'll need to print and will probably keep printing at full force for a while.

>get excited and start building CSM finally
>magnetize about 10 dudes with a few guns
>realize I have no transports and lose all interest
>start thinking about my unassembled deldar I've acquired between SC! and other buys
>5 raiders, 2 boxes of wyches, 3 boxes of kabalites, 1 box of scourges, 2 boxes of Reavers, 1 venom, 2 Archons, and 1 succubus
>realize wyches are absolute trash and don't have enough special weapons for trueborn and scourges

Kill me

>Space Marine free transport boogaloo.

BATTLE GRAV-I MEAN BATTLE COMPANY IS A LEGITIMATE STRATEGY AND FOR ONLY THE MOST GENTLEMANLY PATRICIANS, I SAY, SIRRAH!

Anyone have any tips? I'd like to be able to play a real game soon at LGS

Sure. The game proper hasn't really done anything with him before.

Wait are Knight armies considered as annoying as Tau/Eldar? I recently got back into 40k and I'm really feeling the idea of 5 Knights.

Alright, I will monitore this thread and the next ones - thank you

Yes. Although the degree to which they can varies greatly between types of daemons and they're still ultimately slaves to their nature.

Iron warriors are my dudes

One time I made a guy rage because I anhillated his riptide with my las predator battery. Fun times although I went on to lose that game by 2 points

Thanks guys.

SEIZE EVERYTHING YOU EVER WANTED

I play Carcharodons. They've gotten really popular lately. I guess everyone likes them because of their brutality and edgy lore and their character's Xzibit weapons, but the reason I picked them is a lot dumber and simpler: their black shoulders and white mouthplates looked good and had high contrast. They also are more melee based.

They usually don't do too well but if Tyberos gets activated and manages to charge something again, he will wreck face. I've taken out multiple Knights and Riptides with a Blood Hunger activated Tyberos if they fail one too many invuln saves.

When they released the Leviathan Dreadnought I wept with joy because he is literally Tyberos in Dreadnought form, even including the uncontrollable berserker movement.

Reading things like this and sometimes seeing pics of hundreds of dollars of boxed unassembled shit always makes me groan...the only unpainted minis I own are the wips on my table.

Games with Imperial Knights go one of three ways

>Opponent has well-rounded army with very little anti-tank
>Stomp and blast across the table as they can't take out 5 superheavy walkers with their list

>Opponent has a very swarmy list focused on objectives
>Army hides in cover from knights all game and just slowly builds up points thanks to objective secured

>Opponent knows you're taking knights, makes sure every unit in his army can do something against them
>Lose, because the list has enough anti-tank to kill you

It's a very coin-flip way of playing. Either your opponent has enough anti-tank and will murder your handful of models, or they don't and they have to struggle to hold onto objectives.

They aren't as broken strong, but if your army isn't prepared for them you have no way of damaging/killing them while they do decent amount of damage to you back, every turn, without taking any casualties. Each game your army gets smaller and smaller while their 3-5 Knights continue to stomp around.

The trade off is they automatically lose to anti-vehicle armies like Sisters of Battle.

That list seems fine. Not an optimized tourney list by any means, but you should do fine in friendly games. The extra Devastator Marines are the first thing I'd drop for something else if you're looking to make changes.

Why do people buy random shit instead of focusing on 1 army

Sounds fucking cool man. I might get a renegade knight for running two avenger getting cannons. Will people hate me for my S6 Ap3 heavy 24 rending madress?

Dangle side of DV.
Not a fancy kit, just hoping to learn a little.

This

1 to 2 is fine but saturation has always been the bane of 40k comp scene

Because there's lots of cool stuff in this game.

I have a similar problem of starting new armies, though I at least aim to get them at 1000 points for a solid force before I move onto something else.

I don't want it to be a tourney list, just want to be as viable as I can be without sacrificing using IF, and using units I like.

If I dropped the extra devs what should I add?

I don't know how you'd walk into a LGS with 5 Knights and keep a straight face.

The awkwardness when you find a game and start unloading your shit will cause some to leave, most to not try the entire game, and the rest will quickly list tailor

No, it's his metamorphosis into a spineless hypocrite during HH which eventually led to Nurgle simultaneously raping every orifice of DG, both figuratively and practically and going full Stockholm's mode after this

My AdMech dudes are Archmagos Tolra Darus and his chucklefucks from Aldris VII

They're a Forge World tasked with restoring and prototyping any reclaimed blueprints for Mars and their allied Forge Worlds. They're also surrounded by several systems full of Orks that have been in a constant siege with their World, only able to survive for that long by getting to test the ancient tech they're working on against the poor Orks. Due to that long-ass time of surviving, the Orks have turned to the habit of acknowledging that "Da metal boyz fix everyfing" and made it a competition to try and challenge them. Because of that sentiment, the Orks are directly influencing the research and development Aldris VII does, actually helping them (unknowingly to both sides) with their prototypes. The catch is, due to the Ork influence 'fixing' things after basically just slapping some screws into a metal box, these prototypes work wonders on-planet but, as soon as they leave system for Mars, fall apart. Since Darus has no idea that the prototypes themselves never worked to begin with, he's constantly suspecting Ork sabotage mid-flight and has serious anger problems towards them for always messing with his work and preventing him from getting a promotion and enough support to clean the sector of Orks. That has gone far enough to now have him go to the field himself and challenge any Ork Warboss setting foot on the planet to smash their heads in with his Power Mace.

Pic related is a (somewhat outdated because the Kataphrons and other 5 Skitarii are finished) image of my first batch of dudes. Currently building the Archmagos and painting up some more Skittles.

Altoholics
ADHD

Or maybe you and I are just autistic and hyper focus on a single thing.

I should add I'm hoping someone will let me proxy a tac marine as a sgt, so I can run it as two troops of 5 and make it battleforged in a CAD.

Quad Mortars

S-sorry

Paint the helmet different and you're gold.

Fucking hell. You've inspired me to make a homebrew skitarii forge world

I love it man. And I love your models. They look so nice.

There is literally no difference between a tactical marine with no upgrades and a bolter sergeant with no upgrades. Literally none. They are the exact same model. Just paint a stripe on his helmet and he's a sergeant.

There are people who don't do anything with their Sargent's user. It's irrelevant unless you get psychic screamed

No sweat, gonna post it later.

Lemme just finish taking a shit and watch this anime episode to the end first, then I'll get right on it.

I don't think I know what that is, I am pretty new.

Thanks mate, glad people like them.

Painting that much white is such a giant pain in the ass though, my god these Skitarii take forever.

Sweet. I thought they started with different wargear.