So how about them link monsters? Is Yugioh fucked or saved?

So how about them link monsters? Is Yugioh fucked or saved?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Cg_K-xHWEAw
youtube.com/watch?v=n24kPw797VI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Wait, what did they fucking do now?

youtube.com/watch?v=Cg_K-xHWEAw

This actually seems like it helps the game
Sure it killed a shit ton of decks but it kills extra deck spam

they literally fucked my blackwing deck.

as a wise mexican man said

"Fuck Konami"
- Guillermo del Toro

Physical is fucked, online is saved. There will be a fuckton of people rage quitting physical because of the fact that Konami just killed their decks, and they don't feel like investing in more cards to get them barely functional again. Meanwhile online nobody gives a shit about prices for physical plebs and can just spend a few minutes adjusting their decks, though some will inevitably be frustrated by the changes.

I don't think pendulums should'vebeen nerfed so hard, the new rule destroys their spirit

When has ANY yugioh update ever improved the game?

this

This seems less bad that I had initially imagined. I really like how there's a lot more thought that has to be placed into where you play your monsters, so you can keep certain zones un-occupied for when your opponent link-summons and changes what the zones can do.

Ritual summons were pretty cool

Those weren't part of the base game?

no base game was effect monsters, normal, spell, and trap and that's it

there's a reason BEWD was the king

I thought fusion was part of the core as well, but i don't remember perfectly.

I played from metal raiders until the purple colored packs with thousand eyes restrict/toon monsters came out. I was in middle school around this time if memory serves right. (Im 24)

I quit playing until senior year of highschool. In senior year a friend dragged me back into yugioh but i didnt want to buy cards so i just used what i had. Someone brought out syncros and I resigned the match and have not played since.

I do have a sort of deranged enjoyment of watching the game mold over time though. Syncros were so fucking obtuse that i couldnt play, but seeing some of the new stuff makes my head boggle.

it was for the TCG
yugioh is technically two games, OCG and TCG
the OCG is the version played in Asia, essentially, while the TCG is the international version.
OCG's first set was , but TCG's also had Fusions, so technically you're both right

They're fluffy and thematic, but they were absolute shit tho
At least 3 cards, usually more to get out a monster that dies to fissure

fucking SHIT man
i just got my first pendulum deck

I heard you were talking shit

>inflated numbers
>retarded mechanics
>shitty anime
Uh tell me again why anyone plays this piece of shit??

Same reason why no one wants to play with you user.
To have fun

It's not even fun to play though
The power creep is too strong it renders the game useless

>it kills extra deck spam
youtube.com/watch?v=n24kPw797VI

>power creep
not really, it's more banlist shenanigans than power creep, after synchros everything's been pretty consistent, and its not like Magic or Pokemon don't have huge power gaps either
you're talking out of your ass

I know the move towards link and new zones will cull a lot of older decks, but it's for sure a necessary move. It helps open the meta to a wider variety of possibilities.

Only deck I ever play is Destiny HEROs (newer ones because Dystopia is fun). So I'm not really tied to spamming my extra deck other than dropping Deadlyguy.

But while the game is going to make big changes, Konami will still find a way to frustrate and break links in some way until they ban it. It's what they do.

Are there any good pendulum decks out there? Wasn't PePe killed a while ago?

yugioh has been dead for awhile my friendo, the only people still in it are meme players or ones who feel like they've money sunk too much to leave.

even if link monsters fix the game for now it's just a band-aid, they will get power creeped just like all the other new card types. not to mention ANOTHER new mechanic is just going to put old players wanting to return off even more regardless of if it is good or not.

This card is such a fuck against my Dark Magician deck. Who in their right mind decided 4000 attack, immunity to being targeted by card effects, and immunity to destruction by card effect was okay? THEN THEY ADDED NOT ONLY PIERCING DAMAGE, BUT DOUBLE PIERCING DAMAGE, AND IT'S UNLIMITED!?

I basically have to hope I pull Mahad and go from there. My buddy fucking summoned this asshole turn one last time I dueled him. It's not even hard to get out, on the contrary, it's easy as fuck to do thanks to all the goddamn Blue-Eyes cards that they keep rolling out. I'm STILL salty they never even semi-limited Maiden.

Just want to point out that people have already figured out how to link spam hard enough to fill your entire field turn 1.
Also if you have linked zones connecting the 2 special monster zones you can lock your opponent out of extra deck monsters.
OH! and for some fucking reason taking control of an enemies monster in the special monster zone places it in your main monster zone (which admittedly allows for some hyper tricky link plays)

pack some solemn strikes perhaps?

Also fucking kaijus.

Anyone pre-ordered a duelist saga display? Do you think it would be worth it?

Git gud