Your DM has ascended and is now an actual god

>Your DM has ascended and is now an actual god
How fucked is the world?

I am the DM. Nothing changes. I don't feel like playing anymore anyways.

Everything you expect is always opposite.

I don't think Patton Oswalt would allow a female character dressed like that in his games. He's kind of an SJW now.

It becomes less cruel than it is now.

Generally I'm the GM. Society gets split between dystopian cyberpunk mega cities and mad max wastelands.

>lazy, barely prep, bullshit everything as it goes along
Basically a Deist's idea of God I guess. Except with more monster chicks.

Being a decent person apparently makes you an SJW on Veeky Forums these days.

Lethality is cranked up to the maximum and all attempts at valor and heroism are punished by a swift and ignominious death.

Alternatively, when I'm the DM, the world becomes a noblebright, "Rule of Cool"-powered setting where heroes only die if they're being actively stupid or are choosing to sacrifice themselves for a greater good.

>defending his dead wife from shitposters on the internet makes him a sjw

i retreat into a hole and wait to starve to death

So people who like that kind of aesthetic aren't decent people?

I'm pretty sure he went too far with more than a few of his rants. And it wasn't all about his dead wife, but that's the easiest way for you to come at me so you chose to be retarded.

It was a joke anyway. "SJW" is like "cuck"; it has no real meaning anymore.

Al Yankovic pls.
>it has no real meaning anymore
Listen, just because you might have been rightfully called both in the past doesn't mean the english language stops applying to you or you stop being one. Go selectively ignore reality somewhere else.

>characters from popular media all start appearing all over the world
>anything anyone does takes like a year
>everyone can do magic
>culture stagnates, no original ideas to be seen

Less fucked.
The moment he acquires stats, he dies.
I shit you not, my party has some goddamn good minmaxers.
In 5th ed.
In 5th FUCKING ed.

>rightfully
Hurr durr if I call him things angrily that'll show him! Who's ignoring reality here? The faggot so concerned about meme words on the internet or the person pointing out that a bad joke using meme words is bad and shouldn't be taken seriously? Might want to give some consideration to your though processes before you share them, user.

I remember I had a conversation with a friend about my style as a GM. He was a vet player but I'd never played with him before.
>I always end up going a horror route with my settings. I dunno.
>But I'm excited to just do a wholesome, fun fantasy romp, user
>I know, but it'll get weird at some point. It always does.
>You just like taking the players' ball away.
>Yeah, but you'll get it back. Though at some point you'll start to wonder why your ball feels clammy and asks you why you lied about loving your brother.
Take of this what you will.

It's probably fine. He's a pretty decent guy.

No, it's all the SJW stuff he posts on his twitter. The wife stuff happened later.

That's pretty cool though. Wholesome fun fantasy with the occasional slip into horror territory (be it blantant horror or fridge horror) is the best genre. I'd totally love to join one of your campaigns.

Someone's mad. I knew my gaydar hasn't broken yet.

GENRE + occasional horror is best GENRE

It's good to see you admit you have nothing worth saying.

>I am the GM

I wouldn't intefere too much. Do my best to make it so the next generation grows up with universal tolerance.

like what?

So... the removal of free will then. I wouldn't vote for you.

Hurr durr if I post things angrily that'll show him! Who's ignoring reality here? The faggot so concerned about old hokey religions on the internet or the person pointing out that a bad joke using fedoras is bad and shouldn't be taken seriously? Might want to give some activation to your almond processes before you share them, user.

How fucked is the world?

roll perception

>the world collapses as everyday narratives bend to suit important people who quickly become powerful: everyone else faces horrible odds and many die as world ending threats stack on top of each other: the worlds civilized folk unite too late to stop major damages
>anyone paying attention and digging will find that the world doesn't actually care about the important people, only the narratives at large and is essentially a vast dangerous illusion with societies being destroyed and saved constantly in a space that is heavily warped by hidden forces
>huge chunks of history are gone with no solid recollections: any survivors have been everywhere and met everyone, but still have no recollection of these periods: this is actually purposeful
>other realities that are very similar break through in some intense moments
>Every deity becomes directly involved in the worlds conflicts but they're often illusionary forces that are potentially guiding important people into more and more trouble and often betray their followers
>things somehow get ridiculously dark sometimes: every group of important people gets one disturbingly edgy "too far gone for redemption" guy by default
>it all comes tumbling down
He's a great guy.

This isn't really the place for it but just one example is he was part of the
>if you don't like the new Ghostbusters you must be a sexist
group. SJW is thrown around a lot but it really does apply to him.

>universal tolerance
So everyone tolerates everything? I can't see that ending well.

Thousand year old Loli witches and monster girls everywhere. Also important battles being decided in bare knuckle brawl between older men who are life long rivals.

things become very dull and boring. Also things are judged by very poor logic and reasoning skills.

As I am the DM, Spelljammer ships would be real, monsters and other fantasy races everywhere, and would make armor somehow more useful, so people with heavy armor would need to fight each other in melee. Even with all that, I would make the universe quite noblebright. I also would have a cute Loli as my avatar.

Everyone in the world suddenly becomes a lot more standoffish and rude.

His world? Even so, it would depend on his level of power and domain.

I'm the GM normally.

Basically everyone's life becomes an action movie. possibly with superpowers. The world becomes GrimBright, which i think is the one where where the setting is shit but the poeple are generally good or at least not inherently malicious.

Also the average IQ drops by like 20, because I'm an idiot

Nobody makes any plans and the universe functions on the rule of cool.

If people get too powerful their lifespan decreases

The number of amazons with schlongs exponentially increases.

the world has a lot more cat girls and futa in it to start, also everything is anime, weeb DMs are not the worst but they are hard to handle at times

Ergo Proxy?

But that already happens

Everyone dies, over and over again. Die five times in a day and you get a free Sandwich. And if hes tired, you can get away with anything you want.

Which one? Cause of it was the last one I played with FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

Pathfinder fag, so animo as fuck

cute girls casually going naked for a bit, and girls having wardrobe malfunctions.

Also Greek statues.

Depends if I'm at college or at home.

If I'm at college, no one will worry about death because he's ineffectual and usually unwilling to challenge players.

If I'm back in my hometown, then no one will even make it to work without being caught in 3 different warzones or shootouts. War will be endless across the land and your horrific painful death is inevitable.

In case of such an event, the Forth Intergalactic Terran Reich shall last a million years.

>orderly GM with an "I ask for the best but I give the best", "live and let live", and "consequences are a thing" attitude
Idiots kill themselves with their stupidity, the rest will build a utopia of common sense and chill.

Considering thats a downgrade in power for a DM, less than it would have been otherwise.

Patton? Patton is that you?

fuck that wife murdering piece of shit

The only fantasy roleplaying that Patton Oswalt is interested in these days is pretending that Hillary won. And that doesn't require any dice, just a whole lot of crying.

Decent? He gives quite the opposite impression. Maybe something changed in the last week...

The world is massively unfucked. My usual DM hates nothing more than grimdark.

sounds like a cucked retard

>"decent"
>unironic Hillary supporter
>constantly whining about muh feminism and muh white males
>viciously insults anyone who doesn't fall in line with his dumbass politics
>murdered his wife because she didn't want to have sex with ha black man in front of him
>"decent"

kill urself my man

>sexuality is a horrendous crime and we must shame all people who enjoy it
thanks my dude, I have seen the light

>I piss off god by figuring out his plot in the first 5 minutes and killing the villian.

I immediately go fullblown Tharizdun and wreck all shit shed my divinity, and become a Great Old One.

How many other gods does the setting have?

My DM would probably just settle down along with them, becoming the god of dumb luck and big fluffy animals.

/pol/ pls go

I would not conduct myself as a deity the same way I do as a DM. One of these involves telling an entertaining story, the other is running a world full of actual living beings with moral weight.

I would be a much nicer god than I am a DM.

Fuck off, all of you. Especially those of you from the side opposite of mine.

He kills everyone in order to murder a dragon, laments that 'It's just what had to be done' (Despite that very much not being the case) and starts another world with shitty super heroes.

Jason can barely manage his dog, he'd be an awful god

I would be a lazy loli goddess and just post a thread on Veeky Forums asking for ogd intervetion, anyone who got dubs or wathever I has in my mind at the time would have wishes fulfilled.

No more jews, niggers, and commies. Everyone is nice. Crime rates are down. Every woman is a supermodels. There is no death (there is, but it works like Valhala) so guys do guy stuff for shits and giggles. There are lots of alien and magical creatures around. Shit like that.

Everyone is bi now.

Humans only, no items, final destination!

I'm okay with this.

As the groups DM....

I fuck off and let this world remain as it is. I probably head off to one of the closest of our neighboring galaxies and jump start a world of my choosing. I'd probably offer to make my current group my demigods since they're a cool group of dudes and dudette, and end up using that world as a giant game board for D&D or some shit.

I think I found God.

>>Your DM has ascended and is now an actual god
>My DM is actually a pretty cool guy, he's fair to the group as a whole and works with all kinds of players.
>He can out rule-lawyer the upstart rules-lawyer of the group, as he's been playing this game since second edition

It would actually be a really orderly world, interesting things happening with apocalyptic events happening as needed for the plot, and normally avoidable ones at that as long as we don't completely ignore the plot hooks he throws.

The only problem is that he doesn't like the idea of Technology advancing any further than medieval age technology, he's of the firm belief that the moment black powder weapons are invented that Magic will become outmoded because nobody would want to spend years learning how to cast fireball when you can literally just pick up a loaded pistol and fire it.

We's probably be living in Eberron at that point, its one of his favorite settings.