/epg/ - Eclipse Phase General

"I exist only to shitpost" Edition

>>OFFICIAL BOOKS
robboyle.wordpress.com/eclipse-phase-pdfs
>>Transhumanity's FATE (FATE Conversion)
mediafire.com/download/ae113ujgd3hggpl/Transhumanitys_FATE.pdf
>>X-Risks and After The Fall
mega.nz/#F!KwcS0bJK!9KLjZegzebaq-mlPUin45Q
>>Chuck's Eclipse Phase Wiki
eclipse-phase.wikispaces.com/

PLAY AIDS:
>>the10 things you should know about Eclipse Phase
docs.google.com/document/d/1Qnrh0w7H0Jl2_CSsySRxcs4ugw27xsBIk5MYwXq2nDQ/edit
>>Advice for new players and GMs
pastebin.com/e0EErN6X
>>Eclipse Phase hacking cheet sheet
eclipsephase.com/downloads/voidstate_eclipse_phase_hacking_cheatsheet_v1-1.pdf
>>Online character creator
eclipsephase.next-loop.com/Creator/version4/index.php
/view/?axe1vs35muk4juh
>>Eclipse Phase xls Character sheet
sites.google.com/site/eclipsephases/home/cabinet
>>Downloadable Character Creator
mediafire.com/file/5wr4yo6bdymuijr/Agency.exe
>>Singularity: The Official Character Creator
mediafire.com/file/fsmkm846acu6kcy/singularity.zip

COMMUNITY CONTENT:
>>the 3 new adventures for your use in convenient PDF form
awdaberton.wordpress.com/about/
>>Ander's Sandberg's Eclipse Phase fanmade content, including several modules
aleph.se/EclipsePhase/
>>Farcast: An Eclipse Phase yearblog full of items, locations, NPCs, and plot hooks
mediafire.com/download/dhqd1m83xc1wmpj/Farcast_Yearblog_2013.pdf
>>The Ultimate's Guide to Combat
eclipsephase.com/sites/default/files/UltimatesGuideToCombat11a.pdf
>>Seedware: Another Yearblog
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/36317552/Seedware Blog.pdf
>>H-Rep: A Homebrew Blog (collected)
mega.nz/#F!rQxHRB6b!FVKChtHZYrT8BaqgOcqOwA

/EPG/ HOMEBREW CONTENT
docs.google.com/document/d/19Gy02gp6-WPQ3SoN_24kLPTUu5EjFO8qh_9pjJSVrrY/edit

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

orionsarm.com/eg-article/4bfe37c9056f6
orionsarm.com/eg-article/4c87bf18e89ff
mega.nz/#F!bNAiwLIa!2CeHoUcquG-u1hzDPRqW3Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Asking again

The devs keep pumping out terrible splats like Argonauts instead of giving people what would actually help them run Eclipse Phase - more modules

What is your favorite Scenario, /epg/? Official or fanmade.

Post fuckable robots, do not jovepost.

Post fuckable Jovians, do not robotpost

Also acceptable.

Who are /epg/s top tier waifus?

Pleasure pod with Sex Bot AI.

Friendly but yandere Seed AI.

Sick love is the worst kind of love. The only ones that want that kind of love are people who are themselves sick.

Modules are pointless.

Make your own adventure, faggot

Red Velvet

What are the stats for that briefcase gun?

Just had a quick sweep of "The Devotees", only Scenario I've got, and Holy Fucking Shit.
I can see how the Devs are apprehensive about releasing new modules if they all require as much works as that.
Locations.
Characters.
The local Mesh.
A cohesive Plot.
And not to mention they have to accommodate quite a few ways in which the plot can go if they don't want to be railroading bastards.

Most of them are like that. Multiple steps of investigation, locations with maps, NPCs, backstory for the GM - optional plot elements. I think they spend a few years playtesting some of them at cons before publishing.

>I think they spend a few years playtesting some of them at cons before publishing.
Well, there's the reason why they don't publish Modules much.

Makes me wonder if Veeky Forums could even attempt a module of their own? Probably not. A single person making a small room with character? Sure. But an entire module spread across several people? Nope.

There's several fan-made scenarios in the OP - though I don't know how many of them add maps at least.

You're pointless

I just finished an adventure through your mother's cunt

I don't buy this for a second.

Delta Green and Shadowrun, two similar games, have tons of modules, and more coming out every month. All with locations, characters, internet connections, a cohesive plot and multiple ways to complete them.

A more likely explanation is that the Eclipse Phase devs seem to have trouble finishing anything. Support for Singularity, the character generation software, was quietly dropped after release, without bug fixes or updates for content in the latest splats. Argonauts was months behind schedule and apparently had to be rewritten from scratch, and the end result still amounted to a pamphlet with very little content.

It may have something to do with the small size of the team and the way they hire freelancers for almost everything. I wouldn't be surprised if there was some kind of Catalyst Games style nonpayment of employees/writers going on behind the scenes that we didn't know about.

brown jovian infowar fujoshi

Can we build a better waifu?

>You're pointless
Nuh uh

>"I exist only to shitpost" Edition

We have the technology.

orionsarm.com/eg-article/4bfe37c9056f6

orionsarm.com/eg-article/4c87bf18e89ff

Could technology from Eclipse Phase build a body like this one?

So ... psychosurgery. Could you use behavioral control with enforced shitposting on one of your enemies, causing him to go insane from psychological stress if he stops shitposting, even if he's a biomorph and needs to sleep at some point?

The only EP Clarketech is TITAN nonsense

Also, the understanding of muscle insertion demonstrated by these entries is bad

I'd add Suryas and QE communications to that list

Right. Sorry. I was talking about the only EP stuff that I leave in. I removed surya so long ago that I sometimes forget it's there.

What the fuck is a fujoshi

I refuse to google anything Japanese.

Bald Ultimate Powerbottom Muscle Girl

Anyone have a link to Argonuats?

Fujoshi - fan of yaoi male/male erotica for ladies and gay men.

Oh. Yaoi I recognise. God fucking damnit. Cheers.

Well, it's slightly more than that. It literally just means rotten girl, and usually means obsessive yaoi fans but it seems applicable to any female NEET to me.

>female NEET to me

But Maritza Ortega isn't a NEET, she's gainfully employed with the SCI. Unlike the average infugee she doesn't lie around working on her back and sucking dick for a living yet

Yeah, well so far she's well on her way to being a firewall sentinel *cough*killbot-slut*cough*

I don't know what you're talking about, she I haven't written the third chapter yet so there's nothing to say here

Yes please

I've changed design of H-Rep logfile. Hope, you'll like it.

The fact that the Jovians think they're the ultimate defense against TITANS when there are literally people killing them with fists and swords is hilarious.

Mexicans always have an inflated opinion of themselves.

It's depressing to discover that all machines are objectively evil. Yes, even your clothes.

>ultimates
>people
nice try frankenfreak

Non humans can be people, just like your precious military.

We are gonna build a Wall and let the Joves pay for it.

Make transhumanity great again!

>Non humans
Ultimates are superhumans if anything. The entire ideology is about refining the human body and mind to perfection.

You're the one choosing to be human instead of superhuman, that's pretty much antithetical to being human. The Ultimates really need to get around to exterminating all the genetrash in the system.

I find this image really fucking funny for some reason. The expression on the Trump bot combined with the text on the banner just kills me.

well we can bet that no matter how our century goes, trump's brain will be kept by russian oligarchs after his death, and his reinstantiation as a proprietary media personality is nearly assured.

also
>in the panopticon everyone can see you shitpost
>make all of the virtuality loving surveillance indentures reeeeeee with analog rig

I had an idea for an eclipse phase campaign.
Basically Firewall decides to try out a second form of "dedicated" cell/team structure other than erasure squads: Forced Entry And Recovery teams.

All the players would be told ahead of time the focus of the game would be heists and stealthy intrustion stuff, and the missions would revolve around stealing or destroying weird bullshit in secure locations, sometimes also acting as recovery teams to grab evidence of other firewall operations.
Thoughts?

That could be interesting and sensible. The Firewall field doctrine is "Study, Contain, Destroy". There would definitely be servers and cells devoted to those three things in a proactive sense.

Normally I don't know if Sentinels would need a fancy name for that sort of thing, but if you're campaign thesis is that this is kind of a pilot program for dedicated operations then that's fine.

Well, when I started thinking about it the main targets for these heists that came to mind would be stuff like private collections of oligarchs, scum swarms playing with stupid bullshit, naive argonauts, etc. etc.

Oh man, I can just feel the political bullshit for that sort of situation too. Like you're talking with the Medeans or ISET or something, and they're like "Yeah, so, for internal reasons we can't just go bust this guy because that'd be a whole thing - but if you could knock over and black bag his lab we will look the other way" and shit like that.

Makes sense. I know I have issues with finishing projects, especially big ones.
/EPG/, could we make random tables for each set of details? The planet, the hab, the local government, the local mesh, the basic plot and major players?
Because I think we can. After work.

Do not ever mix them up.
On the other hand, I once built a snek biomorph, so eh. Could've been penguins.

Yeah, the team would be saved for situations where there's no other way to get at something/someone, but the problem doesn't justify the use of an erasure squad.
"The president of this hab has some fractal goo shit in a bottle in his room, get it before something stupid happens."

I would play that game.

this little bit of greentext always seemed to be great inspiration for a story with some scum or gatecrashers unleashing a crazy micro-TITAN, though I suppose that would be more of a job for an eraser squad

I split all the contents of Renegade Octopus' EP homebrew articles in 4 documents (2 campaigns, articles and Gatecrasher's Almanac) and changed design. Please, add this link to the next post top.

mega.nz/#F!bNAiwLIa!2CeHoUcquG-u1hzDPRqW3Q

Wow this picture really does sum up shit phase

Remades are a ground-up design. Safe to call it a different species.

I made the random server tables. I will help.

See what I mean? Those clothes are eating him.

>removed Surya
Muh nigga.

>and gay men
All of the gay men I've ever known laugh at it.

While it literally means that, you are wrong about how applicable it is. It only has anything to do with BL.

And all of the straight women you've ever known laugh at you

How would Solar System look like after Jovian victory?

Devoid of all life.

But pure!

Yes. Purely sterile. Unnaturally pure. A purity that offends God. How dare you, infidel?

Only by bringing it back to the state it was at the beginning can God begin the second Genesis, user. Jovian Apocalypism isn't a cult, damn it, it's a legitimate theological position.

>And the Solar System was without form, and devoid of life; and God saw that it was good.

Only God should have the power to wipe the slate clean. Any man who tries the same infringes on God's territory, and therefore must DIE.

I don't wanna spend all day quoting scripture to a godforsaken papist who probably thinks splicers are actually human, but:

>So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him.
>And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and rape the earth, and subdue it.

At one time I thought I understood /epg/'s sarcastic space-christian sectarianism, but clearly the nuances elude me

Oh, great. If there's one thing I hate more than Jovian hypocrites, it's Scumvangelists pretending to be Jovian hypocrites. Get ye gone, Scumvangelist.