Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Giants, big and "small" Edition:

When was the last time you included Giants as foes? As friends? As Quest Givers? As love interests?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW

Avowed Playtest 1: drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Avowed Playtest 2: docs.google.com/document/d/1rV7kaF9JL2gw9xQalkEnlEDL9WXtbsaCqNABm_pLIgc/edit?usp=sharing

Spheres of Might playtest:
docs.google.com/document/d/160bWvYewTwEXj9ZZv-jJ9-VrvGpYNHNcF8w6BMsdqgU/edit#

Sphere of Power playtest:
Creation Handbook Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1kitAB8sHgmuD3fvOMuI_KyV_dxpO2wrxQmbnCoRgglA/edit?usp=sharing
Dark Handbook Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1zHRZyaMh_QwWcQ-ROGCjQyCdflD6cbm9VdEOJMpC06I/edit?usp=sharing
Life Handbook Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1wTv7VGj2qzjGnReD1lLRwC8iNG_G6f-a6XzMQlTB1yM/edit?usp=sharing
Mind Handbook Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1Kp4acH7zTk4e3DfPdYDfTk1jJClly3yp27Jfrf3FRWw/edit?usp=sharing

Gear of Power Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1zIomq0TFP7uPdlFB8VRAIWQEjAXLV5CYpP3HmjySynU/edit?usp=sharing
Wild Magic Handbook: docs.google.com/document/d/1xBfoH6YcTdD3kwjn3ikItWPBGzIm9g3SVkVvUQD1yUw/edit?usp=sharing
Wild Magic Tables: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NU5bK1Dyzu66KgIdrHNaaXBw1eHVpcHZHOh5BDaxMzU/edit?usp=sharing

Bloodforge Infusions updated playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1GvwMclLSw15slYI7D5xLdjMzr-Nau92hNha9Sx0LOk4/edit#

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1wZNXK6fvNE
strawpoll.me/12595038
twitter.com/AnonBabble

FUCK STONE GIANTS

I want to include Giants as the inventors of rifles and the great equalizer to the dragon problem!

I can't do that. Unless I stay regular and fap three times a day or more, it starts fucking with my head, and everything I write has intensely romantic and sexual themes.

Too gross. A protective older brother can't be gross, user. That isn't cute.

Cursed Wounds is a classic. What's a neat curse or cursing effect that someone's shitty half-brother could employ to fuck them up?

Are Vilderavn angry though? They're cruel, but I'm not sure they're thematically about Neverending Wrath.

>intensely romantic
Is that so bad, though?

>tfw actually like how Warcraft did the "Humans are descended from giants" thing
>want to implement something similar in my setting, but don't know which giant variants would live on plains long enough to shrink

Ack.

We just killed about three dozen giants so we could ask another giant for help using his giant powers to figure out a giant tome. But he wants us to track down the giant giants who were gianting up his giant house before he'll giant us giant help.

...goddamn it, I know exactly what adventure you're talking about.

Man, it can be. Most of my villains are sad and/or crazy people obsessed with some romantic object of their affections when I'm not careful. It's bad to be repetitive.

If I stay regular, I go back to writing ruthless usurpers instead.

Giant giant giant giant giant giant giant
It doesn't look like a word anymore.

user, what it sounds like is you need to ease off the three-a-days and try to let your hormones settle out before trying to nofap.

How effective has knowledge of mimics been at protecting players from mimics, though?

Vilderavn are the exact same kind of enemy. It's too late by the time you realize there is one involved.

But when I ease off I end up doing crazy things like applying to Polish Lithuanian Decentralization

>game concept
>begins at level 3
>every player must be a criminal in some manner, a criminal terrible enough to warrant removal from society
>players start out having been teleported to a prison colony
>prison colony is the domain of a Void Wendigo, who acts as the warden in exchange for a steady supply of prisoners to consume and torment
>the colony is a massive number of vessels (since they are magical they range from floating castles, actual spaceships, islands, featureless orbs) floating in the void
>Void Wendigos attack anything that goes by, so they collect massive ship graveyards
>it's somewhere out beyond the edge of the Aucturn, the Stranger
>players have to participate in gang politics, numerous cell blocks infighting, avoiding the void wendigo, tribal like cultures, weird pockets of people trying to be civilized, the strange ecology that's developed, and more
>at the center of it there are the wardens and guards who ensure no one gets out

I mean if you're brave enough.

please dont shill your own apps

I know I'd apply.

>When was the last time you included Giants as foes? As friends? As Quest Givers? As love interests?

>foes
The next subplot will feature an insane, imprisoned Fire Giant.

>friends
Haven't done it yet, but I want to include a cute Storm Giant in a campaign someday.

>Quest Giver
Never done this one

>Love Interest
See Storm Giant mentioned above.

You got it hoss.

What's wrong with Political-Legal Discourse?

Addendum: Please don't shill other people's apps, it makes them look like shills. If you must shill any apps, try to shill a full party to hide the shilling and make it into a discussion topic.

Make the CUTEST party you can.

youtube.com/watch?v=1wZNXK6fvNE

Reposting to the new general.

Alright /pfg/, we're going to decide it once and for all tonight- what's the best way to handle level advancement in Pathfinder, tracking EXP or leveling up when the narrative/DM says so?

Advantages of tracking EXP:
1. PCs are given a sense of progress by the accumulation of their EXP
2. PCs can't bitch at the DM about being "overdue" to level
3. This is the expected default way of doing it, especially when starting a game with a new group

Advantages of narrative-based leveling:
1. Less book-keeping, you don't need to keep track of EXP
2. DM doesn't need to ration out or budget EXP to make sure the PCs level up at the rate he wants
3. PCs are less encouraged to murderhobo because enemies aren't walking bags of EXP
4. The PCs leveling up will always coincide with satisfying or dramatic moments in the story

I'm sure I'm messing other stuff, so tell me anything you think I forgot. Also, throw votes at this Strawpoll: strawpoll.me/12595038 (embed)

>In Space, no one can hear you get turned out by Burly Bill the Half-Orc Brawler

Is this the latest rape-themed game from the same geniuses that brought us PLD?

I want to just end my game and start anew (new DM that let the PCs level way too quickly, now they're just gods of combat).

So far the only idea is for the BBEG to trap the city they live in up in the sky until the entire city starves to death.

>tfw never getting this review

Don't track EXP.

It's cancer that'll get /pfg/ banned from Veeky Forums.

>Maice
>Gloriana
>Vier
>Lysander

>/pfg/ getting banned is bad
I pray for death

>Not including Cashmere.

It's just pretty unpopular. Maybe they're right, you know? Maybe I'm just too fucked up.

I'm working on redemption, though. I'm planning some really comfy apps for LoBaF and Shardwalkers that I can hopefully finish by this weekend.

>Yandere
>Slut
>Afraid of girls
>Delusional
I don't think you're doing this right.

>TFW we're never going to hear the RotJR theory that got the real ReviewAnon2 killed by a vilderavn

I like this development more than vilderavns. Especially if there's a lot of red herring hints that it's a vilderavn bbeg.

Too late as in, you have already been part of an awesome story at the point of reveal? What a fucking shame.

So in golarion who were the great big bad wizard god kings?

I know Tar-Baphon, Nex, and Geb, but who else?

>Lysander
>Sigmund
>Gloriana
>Doug

>Lysander
>Bon-Bon
>Gloriana
>Sigmund

Ramzir

I've been saying this for the last few threads. At this point, it's a bigger twist to have not had a Vilderavn at all.

>I know Tar-Baphon, Nex, and Geb, but who else?

The Runelords and, as much as we'd want to admit he isn't, Razmir.

>all these Gloriana shills

Fucking disgusting

this explains so much about /pfg/

>Bon-Bon changed her art!
>mfw

Whatcha got planned? I'm hoping to see the LoBaF group be pretty chill folks.

I want to marry Alaznist!

But not only is it more of a twist in terms of expectations, but it almost feels more emotional since it's the people who are awful. There's no big bad at the end. There are no heroes.

What is a man?

Someone in my group wants to play a Zealot from expanded Path of War. Zealots regain chamod maneuvers from using Aid Another as a move action, or from using a standard action to regain a single one. Starting at level one, they have "Compartmentalized Aid", which allows them to use Aid Another on themselves to gain a bonus to attack/ac, activate Zeal, and regain maneuvers.

Why would you ever use a standard action to regain a single maneuver? Am I missing something?

Nethys, though he ascended. Baba Yaga, I guess? All the Runelords, Xin.

What's so bad about Razmir? Dude's got a lockdown on his population not through magical means, but through having a fucking cocaine Empire!

I don't get the meme either.

Razmir isn't mythic so I wouldn't normally count him. Were the Runelords mythic?

So:
>Razmir, the Living God
>Tar-Baphon, the Whispering Tyrant
>Geb
>Nex
>Alaznist, Runelord of Wrath
>Belimarius, Runelord of Envy
>Karzoug, Runelord of Greed
>Krune, Runelord of Sloth
>Sorshen, Runelord of Lust
>Xanderghul, Runelord of Pride
>Zutha, Runelord of Gluttony

How would one make a qlippoth tiefling girl cute while simultaneously keeping her creepy, revolting, and overall vile?

This is the most /pfg/ post I've ever seen. Every time I think you can't disgust me anymore, you do.

>There are no heroes.

That's what happens when you kill everyone who was brave enough to fight back. Everyone else pees themselves and stays home and tries to wait you out.

My theory is that Gloriana shilled herself two or three times and annoyed someone enough to attract a permanant falseflag.

That's just what Sorshen wants you to believe.

>Why would you ever use a standard action to regain a single maneuver? Am I missing something?
I'm 99% that nearly all non-bushi initiators can recover as a standard. It's just something they have naturally, even if it doesn't make sense ala zealot.

But user, the /pfg/ was in you all along. A man cannot hate that which is not in himself.

It's why I can only feel pity over all of this.

One of my friends rolled up a ranger once, with the backstory that trolls destroyed her hometown and so her favored enemy above all else was giants of all kinds. A flaming mithral longsword became her weapon of choice.

That giant-foedom got to come into play nicely twice, once when she and the party found the tomb they were seeking was guarded by a frost giant warrior and she challenged him to single combat to cross. Ate a greataxe crit in the second round and was nearly dead, but with sheer grit, a bit of lenience on my part with using climb ranks in a cool way, and a well placed tree feather token, she defeated and befriended him.

Since it was trolls specifically she hated, the other time it came into play was when the party had to fight a roided-up barbarian supertroll empowered by philosopher's stone fragments and able to regen through acid and fire while raging. Nearly eviscerated the entire party, but they cut off one of its arms, blew its chest open, poisoned it, and finally our ranger decapitated it just in time for its rage to run out and her sword to seal its regen.

For LoBaF? I'm working up an exiled Qadiran princess patterned after Princess Parizade, but with a gloomy twist resulting in exile instead of the reunion of the three siblings with their father.

I liked the painted face better. But I think this makes the Sakara ship a little easier.

Make her buggy. Like, more buggy than this, but buggy. Chitinous, twitchy. Some uncanny valley stuff.

She's covered in tentacles that don't actually look that bad... Until they start oozing out milky-white goo or reveal they're lined with molars.

Make sure she has the pass for human trait, but also has the personality of Crystal Fraiser.

Nah, I never mentioned her except in response to others. I swear upon the old memes and the new.

>Fraiser
Pls no...

Sorshen is shit! SHIT!

Alaznist is pure! Rage is pure!

Am I the only one that gets Sorshen and Senshen confused?

THRI-KREEN!

Cool. Princesses are very arabian nights, which is sorely needed. We'd be competing for spots I guess, but good luck.

What, you don't think we'll get an all-princess party?

>tfw giants are an interesting and threatening enemy presenting a unique challenge rife with roleplaying opportunities but their ur magical realm and u dun wanna be a shitty gm

fug u universe

The best sort of party.

She's got a regular, human-like face but her vagina looks like the qlippoth from the picture in .

Somebody please invite me to a GMT+8 game. I checked gamefinder and the roll20 and come up with nothing

Go to college.

Gloriana needs a hug.

There, I said it.

I hope not, since I didn't make a princess!

Eerily beautiful face, revealing outfit which shows off her beautiful flawless skin.

This is deliberate, literally everything that isn't shown is monstrous and disgusting. Eyes where her nipples would be, a mouth on her torso, flesh that trails off and writhes down her back. The sensuality is all part of the plan.

>implying chinese college

How many characters don't need a hug?

Which WWW characters need a hug?

I could use a hug.

I could use a thug.

No offense man, but you're kind of screwed on campaigns with that GMT - you might find Australians or Filipinos making something, but it's rare.

Post art of Qlippoth tiefling girls! Cute or not.

but preferably cute

Press F to hug

I'll hug!

Yeah its pretty bad, in roll20, there are only 3 games available and 2 of them are pay-to-play

The warmer the hug, the colder you'll feel once their body goes limp.

Search your feelings, you know it to be true. An empty heart cannot be broken.

You fool, I said I need a THUG! Don't you dare touch me!

F

Pay to play is a blight on Roll20 and needs to go, and I figure the one free game isn't meshing well with you?

Let me pinch those cute rosy cheeks user!

the one game has 50 applicants and only 3 spots

One of the Magus rework anons here with some questions.

How much would it fuck things if spellstrike and spell combat were each gained a level later because of a poolstrike-like ability (SA-like progression of d6 on odd levels, pool point for full level d6) gained at first?

Would getting Arcana every even level be super wonk? Even if many of the old features magus had were now arcana?

On that note, what old features are worth keeping as arcana? Also extends to old archetypes that could/should be converted to arcana. Kensai and Eldritch archer are probably too much to convert easily.